Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weight movin weight! How’s that phera affecting appetite? Doesn’t seem to be based on numbers
I don’t enjoy the extra belly, but it is really cool looking beefy AF in any XL shirt I wear. I am heavier than ever, waking up 247-249, but definitely not fat as ever.

It is for sure, but all real orals seem to. You just have to find ways to get the calories in. Consuming 4-4,500 cal or so and 230-280g protein most days. No veggies, add sauces and fats, less fibrous more processed. Ground beef, pasta & sauce, tuna with olive oil, chicken thighs, jasmine rice, frozen pizza, eggs with cheese and bagels, whey, oats, cottage cheese, McDonald’s, BK, Greek yogurt, granola, Rice Krispie cereal, Fairlife milk, sauces have been the lions share of the last few weeks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR! I bet you are looking beefy AF for sure! Diet sounds very enjoyable but it would have to be when appetite is not there.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR! I bet you are looking beefy AF for sure! Diet sounds very enjoyable but it would have to be when appetite is not there.
It’s all foods many pro bodybuilders eat all off season honestly, nothing remarkable. What it takes calorically to grow now vs maintain later is a big difference obviously too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s all foods many pro bodybuilders eat all off season honestly, nothing remarkable. What it takes calorically to grow now vs maintain later is a big difference obviously too.
Yeah you can grow a little more freely but maintaining off cycle tends to need to be a bit cleaner. Well for those of us without superhuman metabolisms...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you can grow a little more freely but maintaining off cycle tends to need to be a bit cleaner. Well for those of us without superhuman metabolisms...
Yeah I here you for sure. And I’m not pretending to be making all lean gains. I wasn’t even lean prior to this bulk.

I am just at a point where I am telling myself, “Eat as many cheeseburgers as you think it takes, gain whatever you can stand, do whatever you think it takes - it’s time to see how strong you can really get when all the restrictor plates are taken off.”

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My metabolism is pretty damn crazy good or bad depending how you look at it. But I would definitely agree the diet and strictness needs to be tight off cycle compared to on. The love handles tend to form more rapidly off cycle for me for sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/11/19 - Wk5, Deadlift
BW 246.2

Deadlift, Tex Deadlift Bar, Hookgrip
135x5
225x3
315,365,405x1
440 5x2

3” Blockpulls
+Straps
440 3x3
475 1x3

3” Sumo Blockpulls
390 1x10

Bleh. Poor sleep, poor energy, weight felt kinda heavy and my fucking thumbs just keep squirting blood. Honestly worried I will miss on grip issues at the meet, but at least I can pull anything I can hold, on the bright side. No time to practice over-under safely so I have to just keep going with hookgrip.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I here you for sure. And I’m not pretending to be making all lean gains. I wasn’t even lean prior to this bulk.

I am just at a point where I am telling myself, “Eat as many cheeseburgers as you think it takes, gain whatever you can stand, do whatever you think it takes - it’s time to see how strong you can really get when all the restrictor plates are taken off.”
I bet you can kill it this way. I commend your dedication to the cause and not worrying about the aesthetics for the time being. You can clean things up when you are done, and even then it is still somewhat bulking season after that so you have plenty time to stay at elevated calories to lock in the new muscle before worrying about leaning up for shirt off season.
Bleh. Poor sleep, poor energy, weight felt kinda heavy and my fucking thumbs just keep squirting blood. Honestly worried I will miss on grip issues at the meet, but at least I can pull anything I can hold, on the bright side. No time to practice over-under safely so I have to just keep going with hookgrip.
Get some vitamin E oil and coat that bitch a couple times a day when not training it will help the healing and then use an open grip during any pulling movements while on your deload to give it a bit more of a chance to heal up before then. Heck even use an open grip for upper body accessory pulling the week or so after deload and only wrap the thumb around for deads. Might help.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah you might consider some oragel or a lidacaine rub for over that area of the thumb pulling day if still sensitive so pain is not a factor in losing grip. I know you aren't concerned about ripping the skin so much as holding the bar and getting the white lights, so maybe that can help. Of course test prior to the meet to make sure no effect on muscular control but I would not assume there would be in that area.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Test suspension and halotestin for the meet. You won’t feel your thumbs rip out just sheer pleasure!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
245lbs this morning. Pulled back intensity of eating the last couple days and been doing 12.5mg exem eod since starting the 500iu e3d HCG. Also switched the 20mg tamox out for 60mg ralox. Will be adding a large dose of 4 & 19andro daily at a 3:1 ratio starting tomorrow.

Adjustments.JPG

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
245lbs this morning. Pulled back intensity of eating the last couple days and been doing 12.5mg exem eod since starting the 500iu e3d HCG. Also switched the 20mg tamox out for 60mg ralox. Will be adding a large dose of 4 & 19andro daily at a 3:1 ratio starting tomorrow.

View attachment 187361
Hows that phera treating you?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is why I want to do another one when i get healthy. I was @ 1468 and some change at mine and really wanted that 1500... I know I left some on the table with an improper jump on bench, and a very easy final pull @ 606.
I thought for sure you'd get that bench, too. Your second attempt was damn near a speed rep.

IIRC, you were having some shoulder issues in the final weeks of prep too, so that limited the number of maximal reps you got in training. That's probably a big reason for the misgroove once the weights got heavy.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 187361
Jeeezus you’re thick bro. Good job on the size in your arms, everywhere really.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Da joooooooce is real

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Da joooooooce is real

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/13/19, Wk6 Bench Deload
BW 245.2

Vogelpohl Rows, Facepulls
50 2x20 each

Lat Pulldown
99,143x10

Bench
45,95,135x5
165 5x3
205x1

2-Board
245 2x5

Side Raises
35 2x10

Rear Raises
30 2x12

BB Curl
45x12
65x8
85x5
100x10 PR

Pull-ups/Chins
2x8/10 alternating

Pullthrus
160 3x15

Hammercurls
40 2x15

3-0-1-0 Tempo Legpress, deadlift stance
320 3x10

Seated Calves
90x12,10,10

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I thought for sure you'd get that bench, too. Your second attempt was damn near a speed rep.

IIRC, you were having some shoulder issues in the final weeks of prep too, so that limited the number of maximal reps you got in training. That's probably a big reason for the misgroove once the weights got heavy.
Yeah my left shoulder which ended up giving out the 2nd workout after my deload from the meet... Now dealing with scapular issues on the left side... UGHHH!!!! Will get there though!
Looking HUGE at 245lbs!
I was going to say the same thing. Looking massive at 245 @Hyde not much fat added at all, just thick as fawk!!! Very impressed.

Nice looking deload workout too!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Beefcake.
Looking HUGE at 245lbs!
IMG_2825.JPG

Yeah my left shoulder which ended up giving out the 2nd workout after my deload from the meet... Now dealing with scapular issues on the left side... UGHHH!!!! Will get there though!

I was going to say the same thing. Looking massive at 245 @Hyde not much fat added at all, just thick as fawk!!! Very impressed.

Nice looking deload workout too!
Definitely fattened up in the core some but probably a good bit of water too. Still, I am trying to do what it takes knowing I will take it off later!

This was the deload deadlift accessories added in that session as well. Squat deload tonight then we’re heading to Miami tomorrow morning at 4am for America’s Strongest Woman this Friday! Wife is looking jacked.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looked up the results - did Jess injure herself on the deadlift?? Hope all is well brother.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking strong!
Well hot damn. I imagine you wont be sticking around for too long on here but good to see ya back, man. Still looking strong as **** on the IG, but this time no power belly.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bit late to the show
Welcome aboard!

Looked up the results - did Jess injure herself on the deadlift?? Hope all is well brother.
Nope thankfully; she had been getting niggles in both hamstrings leading up to the final weeks before the show. She had pulled 340 & 352 in training but I believe 345 mid contest for the mandatory opener was just too high in a fatigued state mid contest. That zero cost her the show considering there were so few contestants this time - every point counts. We actually had her skip loading the 3rd & 4th implements in the loading race because she couldn’t win at that point so it wasn’t worth risking her hammies.

Looking strong!
Very glad to see you around here, Sean!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bit late to the show
Welcome aboard!

Nope thankfully; she had been getting niggles in both hamstrings leading up to the final weeks before the show. She had pulled 340 & 352 in training but I believe 345 mid contest for the mandatory opener was just too high in a fatigued state mid contest. That zero cost her the show considering there were so few contestants this time - every point counts. We actually had her skip loading the 3rd & 4th implements in the loading race because she couldn’t win at that point so it wasn’t worth risking her hammies.

Looking strong!
Very glad to see you around here, Sean!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well boys, back from Miami and getting life back in order - wife took 3rd of 3 Lightweights. Not what we wanted or expected but at the top it’s usually pretty close no matter what. Nobody got hurt so she can get right back into building.

Trip was awesome; did not expect to have so much fun there but Miami surprised me. We stayed about 4 blocks from the beach, which was gorgeous, the bars and restaurants were top notch, and lots of cool tours and sites to see. Been wanting to see the Everglades since I was a little boy, and they didn’t disappoint! Saw some gators, visited a zen garden, drove through the rich island neighborhoods with yachts, beach, ate gelato 3 times, worked out on the beach at night - my kind of vacay!

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2855.JPG

IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

Attachments

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well boys, back from Miami and getting life back in order - wife took 3rd of 3 Lightweights. Not what we wanted or expected but at the top it’s usually pretty close no matter what. Nobody got hurt so she can get right back into building.

Trip was awesome; did not expect to have so much fun there but Miami surprised me. We stayed about 4 blocks from the beach, which was gorgeous, the bars and restaurants were top notch, and lots of cool tours and sites to see. Been wanting to see the Everglades since I was a little boy, and they didn’t disappoint! Saw some gators, visited a zen garden, drove through the rich island neighborhoods with yachts, beach, ate gelato 3 times, worked out on the beach at night - my kind of vacay!

View attachment 187680
View attachment 187681
View attachment 187682
View attachment 187683
View attachment 187684
View attachment 187685
View attachment 187686
S Fla is my home.... Great place to live... I'm never leaving haha. Glad you enjoyed it brother.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 187680
View attachment 187681
View attachment 187682
View attachment 187683
View attachment 187684
View attachment 187685
View attachment 187686
Cheezus, I wouldn’t want to fck with you at a bar. You’re a monster, Hyde!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
S Fla is my home.... Great place to live... I'm never leaving haha. Glad you enjoyed it brother.
I have been to different parts 4 times over the last 2 years now and could definitely see myself somewhere down there at some point.

Cheezus, I wouldn’t want to fck with you at a bar. You’re a monster, Hyde!
Not a fighter or an instigator by any stretch, but it’s good knowing I have the strength on tap to gorilla press 90% of the fools out there looking to escalate things if push comes to shove. No weightclasses in the jungle, baby!

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been to different parts 4 times over the last 2 years now and could definitely see myself somewhere down there at some point.

Not a fighter or an instigator by any stretch, but it’s good knowing I have the strength on tap to gorilla press 90% of the fools out there looking to escalate things if push comes to shove. No weightclasses in the jungle, baby!
Best quote ever! "No weightclasses in the jungle, baby" needs to be printed on a tshirt!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/15/19 - Wk6, Squat Deload

GHR/Push-ups/TRX Fatmans/Bird Dogs
2x12/25/15/10

Squat
55,115x5
165,215x3
265 5x3

SSB (in 3-ply knee sleeves)
362 3x3

Back Extensions
+70 5x10

10/17/19 - Wk6, Overhead Deload

BB Strictpress
135 3x5

BB Rows, beltless
95,135,185,215,235x12

DB Shrugs
120 2x12

BB Skullcrushers
75 2x10

Single-arm Cable Tri Extensions, Overhand then Underhand
2x25 each

Rear Delts on Pecdeck
3x25

Deload squat was night we left for Miami, and the upper deload session was in Thunder Gym in Little Havana. If you’re ever needing a $5 day pass in Miami, can’t go wrong - old school bodybuilding gym!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/15/19 - Wk6, Squat Deload

GHR/Push-ups/TRX Fatmans/Bird Dogs
2x12/25/15/10

Squat
55,115x5
165,215x3
265 5x3

SSB (in 3-ply knee sleeves)
362 3x3

Back Extensions
+70 5x10

10/17/19 - Wk6, Overhead Deload

BB Strictpress
135 3x5

BB Rows, beltless
95,135,185,215,235x12

DB Shrugs
120 2x12

BB Skullcrushers
75 2x10

Single-arm Cable Tri Extensions, Overhand then Underhand
2x25 each

Rear Delts on Pecdeck
3x25

Deload squat was night we left for Miami, and the upper deload session was in Thunder Gym in Little Havana. If you’re ever needing a $5 day pass in Miami, can’t go wrong - old school bodybuilding gym!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/22/19 - Wk7, Deadlift
BW 243.8

GHR/Push-ups/TRX Fatman Rows
2x12/25/15

Deadlift, deadlift bar, hookgrip
500 3x3

Blockpulls
+straps
530 2x2

Sumo Blocks
405 1x4 (felt hamstring & cut the set)

Left hamstring randomly popped a little on the sumo work so had to shut it down. Think I avoided a major blowout at least. Will try to squat Friday but if I feel it I will hold up. No bruising right now. Taped thumbs for hookgrip preemptively and grip went a lot better this session at least.

10/23/19 - Wk7 Bench

Light Vogelpohl Rows, Facepulls

Bench
45,95,145x5
195x3
245x2
275 4x2, 1x7+1 assist PR

1-Board
245 2x5

Side Raises
35 2x10

Rear Raises
30 2x12

Underhand Pulldown warmups
100,150x12

Chins

275x6 was my previous best with 275 - missed rep 8 just shy of lockout. Bench looking on track for a new 1RM!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today should be a 5th Set Squat at 420lbs, but my hamstring isn’t ready - could feel it if I wasn’t careful on even weightless back extensions. Squatting felt really strong but as soon as I felt absolutely anything I shut it down - hopefully I will be able to execute this session next Wednesday. It’s only been 60 hours since the hamstring pop so I know I need more healing.

Sled Drags (80ft Backward, 80ft Fwd)
110 x4 roundtrips

Back Ext
2x12

Pullthrus
50,80,110x10
130,150,170x15

Back Ext
35 4x10

Squat, Tex Squatbar
55x10,5,5
105,155,205,255,305x3
355x2 shut it down

Left on a good note. Hoping 5 days rest and continued bloodflow and mobility will get it ready for next week.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Headed to Tampa month after next. Second time just this year. Love it there really. Can’t dig all the tropical storms though

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/26/19
BW 247.0

BB Rows
45,95,145x12
195x8
215,245x12

BB Shrugs
245,295x15

BB DOH Holds
345x25, 20 seconds

Incline Chest-Supported DB Rows
80x14,13

Just getting the body warmed up and my back, trap & grip work in. Feelin’ juicy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, dropped the 30mg Phera and 15mg Mk when I got to Miami last week after a month on. Just felt like my entire digestive tract was toxic, and wanted to drop a little water while I walked around on vacation. Also had added the 4/19andro blend as mentioned that Monday.

Anyway, once I came back added Mk677 back in and running 20mg Phera for 5 days now to use it up and help the bridge into Epiandro soon. Test staying at 300mg once per week.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, dropped the 30mg Phera and 15mg Mk when I got to Miami last week after a month on. Just felt like my entire digestive tract was toxic, and wanted to drop a little water while I walked around on vacation. Also had added the 4/19andro blend as mentioned that Monday.

Anyway, once I came back added Mk677 back in and running 20mg Phera for 5 days now to use it up and help the bridge into Epiandro soon. Test staying at 300mg once per week.
What brand of epiandro are you running? Very curious about epiandro...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Smart call on shutting down squats the other day. A lot of people can learn something about longevity in the sport from moves like that. Also, nice fuggin bench work the other day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What brand of epiandro are you running? Very curious about epiandro...
Don’t be. The reason I’m only using 300 test is because I still need to use up a bunch of andros lol. It’s OL super-epi, but having used 3AD I would definitely recommend that over epi every time. Lasts longer, smoother, better results.

Smart call on shutting down squats the other day. A lot of people can learn something about longevity in the sport from moves like that. Also, nice fuggin bench work the other day.
I had JUST listened to the BROCast that morning, and coincidentally Marshall Johnson was on and talking about how if he feels anything he doesn’t take follow up sets; he shuts it down right there. A good reminder at the perfect time!

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don’t be. The reason I’m only using 300 test is because I still need to use up a bunch of andros lol. It’s OL super-epi, but having used 3AD I would definitely recommend that over epi every time. Lasts longer, smoother, better results.

I had JUST listened to the BROCast that morning, and coincidentally Marshall Johnson was on and talking about how if he feels anything he doesn’t take follow up sets; he shuts it down right there. A good reminder at the perfect time!
Appreciate the heads up, boss!

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Appreciate the heads up, boss!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/28/19 - Wk 7, OHP
BW 248.9

BB Strictpress
45x10
95,125,155x5
190 4x5, 1x8 PR BAYBAYYYY

CG Feet-Up Bench
135,185,225,235,240x5 easy PR

BB Skullcrushers
75 2x12

Single-Arm Cable Tri Pressdown
40 2x25 each overhand
30 2x25 each underhand

Miniband Pullaparts
4x35, 45 sec rests

Damn did strict press feel strong! 190x8 is a big PR.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hell of a PR and looking like a strong man now for sure!!! Good move on taking care of the hammy go get a massage on that bad boy!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/30/19 - Wk8, Squat
BW 250.0

Squat, Texas Squatbar
55 2x5
145,195x5
245,295x3
345,385,415,425,435,445,455,465,475x2

SSB
372 3x3

No hammy issues. Elected to drop down to doubles from triples, raise intensity, and do more sets instead of an AMRAP to keep RPE controlled and avoid straining. Everything moved very well; plenty more in the tank!

Phera is completely gone; added 1g Epiandro per day these last 6 weeks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear you were able to push squats a bit and no hammy issues! Are you dropping any water yet from the absence of the phera? Hit 250, BIG BOY STATUS!