MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol Momma didn’t raise no bitch - never mistake kindness for weakness!

Less processed seems to help more, for me. Also, the serving is 170g for Fage 5%.

It also tastes significantly better, as a tertiary benefit. It’s actually good plain, which makes it much more reasonable to incorporate at 100g daily anytime I don’t fast.
Ahhh yes, I was looking at the smaller 150g cups when I pull up the larger containers I buy, they are all 170g and 3/4 cup.

I bet the 5% is far better tasting though! I have pretty much all but switched to Plain only myself. I love to use it tp dress up other foods, and occasionally just eat it by itself too. I will try it and see if worth making the change and removing fats elsewhere.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
one thing I don't understand about dairy products is that I have zero digestive issues with them but I always feel like I get massively bloated, externally, with dairy.
When I'm leaned out more, an evening of cheese or milk etc will completely hide my abs for a couple days. aside from that I do think it's a miracle protein .

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
one thing I don't understand about dairy products is that I have zero digestive issues with them but I always feel like I get massively bloated, externally, with dairy.
When I'm leaned out more, an evening of cheese or milk etc will completely hide my abs for a couple days. aside from that I do think it's a miracle protein .
I wouldn’t equate all dairy equally, because they’re not, but I also wouldn’t do “an evening of cheese or milk”

Consuming a serving or Greek yogurt or kefir daily for the gut, or a serving of hard cheese for calcium, is not the same thing as consuming an XL concrete or milkshake.

I also would never worry about water on my abs for day though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t equate all dairy equally, because they’re not, but I also wouldn’t do “an evening of cheese or milk”

Consuming a serving or Greek yogurt or kefir daily for the gut, or a serving of hard cheese for calcium, is not the same thing as consuming an XL concrete or milkshake.

I also would never worry about water on my abs for day though.
I'm with you on this one too. Only time I would was if I was going to be sporting my abs shirtless somewhere, and wanted to look really impressive.

@Dustin07 Casein is a good protein for many reasons but the leucine content is not very high. So, it is much better for nitrogen retention rather than a protein synthesis driver. Also if leading into a fast I would avoid it the night before so you can truly enter fasting faster. Casein takes like 7 hours to digest.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/8/23
BW 227.4

Yukon Bar Benchpress
65x15
115x10
165x8
215 6x6 short rests
235,255,245,225x6
215x15

EZBar JM Press
107,127x12
147x10

Been getting a lot of food & sleep in and did this spur of the moment. It was a beautiful spring day, so I cleaned the garage gym up & knocked the cobwebs off. If benching 75 extra deep reps at 215+ doesn’t build my pecs, I doubt any magic machine could do it better!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
4/8/23
BW 227.4

Yukon Bar Benchpress
65x15
115x10
165x8
215 6x6 short rests
235,255,245,225x6
215x15

EZBar JM Press
107,127x12
147x10

Been getting a lot of food & sleep in and did this spur of the moment. It was a beautiful spring day, so I cleaned the garage gym up & knocked the cobwebs off. If benching 75 extra deep reps at 215+ doesn’t build my pecs, I doubt any magic machine could do it better!
That ought to do it!! Sounds like fun !!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/8/23
BW 227.4

Yukon Bar Benchpress
65x15
115x10
165x8
215 6x6 short rests
235,255,245,225x6
215x15

EZBar JM Press
107,127x12
147x10

Awesome volume on this workout!

Honestly I feel I get a more effective workout sometimes from drilling the same movement for several sets and then adding on an accessory. You can just really get in the zone on that movement and maximize time and efficiency. It can make for a boring workout if you do it repeatedly but I find it to be a very effective training method. I found this by accident after a few times the gym was just too busy and I didn't want to bother going to try to find something else available then spend time on more warm up sets.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That ought to do it!! Sounds like fun !!!
It was!

Awesome volume on this workout!

Honestly I feel I get a more effective workout sometimes from drilling the same movement for several sets and then adding on an accessory. You can just really get in the zone on that movement and maximize time and efficiency. It can make for a boring workout if you do it repeatedly but I find it to be a very effective training method. I found this by accident after a few times the gym was just too busy and I didn't want to bother going to try to find something else available then spend time on more warm up sets.
Something I often try to focus on when I feel restricted with time or energy or equipment, is that if I do only one thing, do it well! Something fundamental done with intent & quality will yield far superior results to a medley of half-efforts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/9/23

5 min walk

Lying Leg Curl
108,128x12

Legpress
180,360,540x10
+triple-ply knee sleeves
720x10
900x12 (1,000 w/ sled weight)

DB Reverse Lunges
BWx5
20,30,40,50/hand x12

Leg Extensions
65,105,125,145,165x15

Very busy day & I had a very short window to get the work in - been wanting to get back to a 1,000lb Legpress. My heaviest ever is either 10 or 12 reps I believe with 10 plates/side a couple years ago. Felt whatever started to tear in my right hammy on Wednesday start hurting/pulling on rep 10, so I grabbed 12 reps and racked it before anything bad could happen! The lighter work didn’t bother it after so I loaded up on lunges & extensions.

Very happy with this - I’m about 15lbs lighter than when I did this 2 years back, and I certainly could have kept going without the hamstring niggle, so it’s great to see the growth. This machine will only hold 11 plates/side, but I still have plenty of room to progress it with higher volume sets & maybe some light bands.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/9/23

5 min walk

Lying Leg Curl
108,128x12

Legpress
180,360,540x10
+triple-ply knee sleeves
720x10
900x12 (1,000 w/ sled weight)

DB Reverse Lunges
BWx5
20,30,40,50/hand x12

Leg Extensions
65,105,125,145,165x15

Very busy day & I had a very short window to get the work in - been wanting to get back to a 1,000lb Legpress. My heaviest ever is either 10 or 12 reps I believe with 10 plates/side a couple years ago. Felt whatever started to tear in my right hammy on Wednesday start hurting/pulling on rep 10, so I grabbed 12 reps and racked it before anything bad could happen! The lighter work didn’t bother it after so I loaded up on lunges & extensions.

Very happy with this - I’m about 15lbs lighter than when I did this 2 years back, and I certainly could have kept going without the hamstring niggle, so it’s great to see the growth. This machine will only hold 11 plates/side, but I still have plenty of room to progress it with higher volume sets & maybe some light bands.
Awesome leg press man!! Also at the lighter weight so that impressive.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Feeling Strong, is a great feeling !!
It is! Feeling blessed; got to do this lift successfully then spent a beautiful sunny day with my family. Had a safe drive, lots of good food & love, and my son had so much fun hunting eggs, climbing trees, & with his new books and stuffed animals. He also got more bathtub paint & bubbles for his blower gun, so he is stoked!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is! Feeling blessed; got to do this lift successfully then spent a beautiful sunny day with my family. Had a safe drive, lots of good food & love, and my son had so much fun hunting eggs, climbing trees, & with his new books and stuffed animals. He also got more bathtub paint & bubbles for his blower gun, so he is stoked!
Time with your kids is like the best thing in the world, even when they are adults !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like a blessed fun time, sounds like your little man had a blast. They are truly a blessing. We got to spend time with the little grandchildren. The 5 year old kept my wife running, and the 8 year old had me going, funny thing is my son and his wife were about to just go to sleep on the couch, so I told the boys they were just old fuddyduddies, and just couldn’t hang with Maw Maw and Paw Paw. They loved it…I love seeing little ones have a good time.😇
Oh, and that’s some serious leg press reps. You may be settling into your new weight class.💪

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, my son kept breaking open every plastic egg he found on the spot to investigate the candy inside. He thought it was so cool, despite never having it or getting to eat or take any of it home. He could care less about it - he just wanted to find it & pop the eggs “Candy!!!!”

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/11/23
BW 226.0

5 min walk

Cable Facepulls, Tris, Lats

Strictpress
45x5
85,115,135,155,170,185x1
+belt
205x1
135x12 beltless

Klokov Press
45,65,85,95x12

Cable Lateral Raises
11 2x12
16x12
11x12

Duffin Upright Row
26 2x12
35x12

Reverse Pec Deck
130,150,170x12

Reverse Hyper
210 2x20

Kept it all shoulders today and did a couple hypers when I got home to flush the hamstring. Progress on everything! Surprised how easy 135x12 felt after 205.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's the part I find most impressive, your strength gains, and then retention with weight cutting has been fantastic
It didn’t happen overnight, and it has taken a good amount of effort, but I’d like to point out that at no point has it been driven by pushing a bunch of gear. And there was elbow surgery during the last half year as well. And that adductor tear 8 weeks before the recent 220 class meet. So I am proud of where things are at, and where they’re going!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/12/23
BW 227.6

Reverse Hyper
225x20
270 3x15

EZBar Curl
15,35,65,70,75x12

Alt DB Curl
25,30,35x12

Hammercurls
30,35,40x12

Tbar Row
90,135x12
180x10

Lat Pulldown
90,120,140,150x12

Hammerstrength CSR
135/side 3x12

Back at the barbell club for the first time since before the meet to crank the stereo up for some back & biceps. There was a tape measure laying around for a size contest on the board; right arm clocked in at 17.5” flexed with a pump I didn’t bother with the left, but it’s my dominant arm so I’m sure it’s close enough either way.

Chest was 46”, waist at navel was 40”, left thigh was 28”.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/12/23
BW 227.6

Reverse Hyper
225x20
270 3x15

EZBar Curl
15,35,65,70,75x12

Alt DB Curl
25,30,35x12

Hammercurls
30,35,40x12

Tbar Row
90,135x12
180x10

Lat Pulldown
90,120,140,150x12

Hammerstrength CSR
135/side 3x12

Back at the barbell club for the first time since before the meet to crank the stereo up for some back & biceps. There was a tape measure laying around for a size contest on the board; right arm clocked in at 17.5” flexed with a pump I didn’t bother with the left, but it’s my dominant arm so I’m sure it’s close enough either way.

Chest was 46”, waist at navel was 40”, left thigh was 28”.
Nice session! Arm pump was good I bet and wow almost 18” guns!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/13/23

5 min walk

Rope Facepulls

CG Bench
275x5,5,6

Incline Bench
115,165,175,185x10

EZBar Frenchpress
77,87,97x12

Seated DB Military
40x15,15,20

Straightbar Cable Pressdown
60,71x15
82x10

Cable Flies
22 3x15

At the commercial gym this morning, I met a guy who was 53 & moved from Italy last year; we benched together & honestly both were able to push a little harder because we were working in together. Really positive experience, and it just reinforced how beneficial lifting with anyone else can be, regardless of experience level!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
At the commercial gym this morning, I met a guy who was 53 & moved from Italy last year; we benched together & honestly both were able to push a little harder because we were working in together. Really positive experience, and it just reinforced how beneficial lifting with anyone else can be, regardless of experience level!
I’ve been thinking about this recently. I always train and my home and I feel like I’m probably missing out. There’s a pretty cool local gym where I am that has an outdoor area. I’m gonna sign up soon I think.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been thinking about this recently. I always train and my home and I feel like I’m probably missing out. There’s a pretty cool local gym where I am that has an outdoor area. I’m gonna sign up soon I think.
You should, an outdoor area especially could be a lot of fun. I have my home gym, a commercial membership, and key to a barbell club. Training is my passion, my favorite hobby, so it’s worth having the variety to make it more enjoyable or easier to execute when you may not feel like doing the work.

At 227 bodyweight? That’s excellent!
Thanks! I have put a lot of emphasis on my tricep strength in recent years, and my arms also seem to be responding very quickly to adding bicep work back finally since elbow surgery.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh boy, another 3 day fast. Those are always fun. LOL I agree on having some memberships for options it makes a huge difference. I go through phases of where I want to train, I kind of prefer my hypertrophy style stuff in the commercial gym and my strength based stuff at the house.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You should, an outdoor area especially could be a lot of fun. I have my home gym, a commercial membership, and key to a barbell club. Training is my passion, my favorite hobby, so it’s worth having the variety to make it more enjoyable or easier to execute when you may not feel like doing the work.
amen.
During the 'rona my buddy let me borrow a ton of gear, power rack, bumper plates etc and lifting at home is cool and convenient but at one point I had 3 different gym memberships (different cities), and at another point I had 2 gym memberships when I OWNED a 3rd one lol. There's a different vibe going to a place vs doing it at home. both are good, but I do enjoy going to a good gym. its like our playground. Sure the slide dad put in the backyard is great, but can we go to the park down the road today? lol

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/13/23

5 min walk

Rope Facepulls

CG Bench
275x5,5,6

Incline Bench
115,165,175,185x10

EZBar Frenchpress
77,87,97x12

Seated DB Military
40x15,15,20

Straightbar Cable Pressdown
60,71x15
82x10

Cable Flies
22 3x15

As much as I like the convenience of working out at home, that’s the main reason I still like going to our commercial gym. Just the camaraderie of working out with the guys and pushing each other really does help push just a little harder. Oh, and all the college girls in yoga pants doesn’t hurt none.😜

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I forgot you are doing the long fast! I bet you will be ready to chow down!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
31 hours into the fast - things are going well. Plan is to break fast for a family Easter dinner this Sunday with the in-laws, so just whenever Mom gets done cooking!
Wow, so you’re looking at a 72 hour fast, I didn’t even think about the total hours when you said that Thursday, man impressive. I would be stealing the dog’s bone and chewing on the furniture by then. 😜
Seriously though, I’ve only done a 72 hour fast twice, and the cool part is it stimulates so much detoxification that they say your body starts to heal, so much so that your poop will almost completely lose any smell, which is crazy.
You will look very lean by Sunday. 💪

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, so you’re looking at a 72 hour fast, I didn’t even think about the total hours when you said that Thursday, man impressive. I would be stealing the dog’s bone and chewing on the furniture by then. 😜
Seriously though, I’ve only done a 72 hour fast twice, and the cool part is it stimulates so much detoxification that they say your body starts to heal, so much so that your poop will almost completely lose any smell, which is crazy.
You will look very lean by Sunday. 💪
I'm very proud of my smelly poop :poop:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just about 50 hours in, and thankfully I feel radically stronger/better than yesterday.

Normally when I fast for a just a day or so, it’s all ketoflu where I feel dizzy, no legs under me, lacking energy to even concentrate often. But today I woke up ready to go: definitely full keto at this point.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just about 50 hours in, and thankfully I feel radically stronger/better than yesterday.

Normally when I fast for a just a day or so, it’s all ketoflu where I feel dizzy, no legs under me, lacking energy to even concentrate often. But today I woke up ready to go: definitely full keto at this point.
I would say you’ve gone full crazy, but yeah, keto works.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BW 221.4lbs

68 hours down! Probably only will get a few more, I think we’re eating around 1pm. Wish I could keep this going because I feel really in the groove now.

I would say you’ve gone full crazy, but yeah, keto works.
Lol this ain’t nuttin’ but a peanut - my longest was 7 days, and I didn’t understand electrolytes/hydration then like I do now! That was a test. This is just cheating to get easy fatloss!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work! That's a new low right?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well besides the 220 for the meet forgot about that. Duh...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work! That's a new low right?
Well besides the 220 for the meet forgot about that. Duh...
Lol yeah snuck down to 218.4 for that, but this is a hydrated low. Of course I’m missing 4lbs of glycogen I bet, but I was sitting 226-227 prior to this most mornings so I probably got a couple lbs of fat loss out of this. I have also been pretty active - weather had been gorgeous until today, many hours logged playing at the park daily with my son last few days.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Total fast: ~71 hours, 40 min

Easter ham, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, macaroni & cheese, pineapple, hot pumpkin dump cake & coffee - 2 helpings of everything!

A fine feast to cap a great fast - life is good
Impressive 👏
Now that’s the way to break a fast, an Easter meal with all the good sides and dessert.😜

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/16/23
BW 221.4

6 min Cycle

Reverse Hyper
210x25

SSB Squat
60x5
150,200,240x3
290 5x3

Strictpress
45 3x5
95,135x5
155 3x5

3” Hi Handle Trapbar
145x5
245 4x10

Swissbar Hammercurls
45 3x25 over 3 different grips

“Just once in his life, a man has his time…
And my time is now - I'm coming alive!!!”
- St. Elmo’s Fire, John Parr

IMG_7924.JPG

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice work man! Are you going to implement these fasts regularly?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of these days, I am going to have to grow a pair and give this fasting a try...................