How to "pulse" orals

BigDawg69

Awards
Basically my theory was that I could put on 10-15lbs during the 2 week straight cycle, then the pulse would allow me to continue making significant gains while also allowing my liver and hormones to recover somewhat.
Any other opinions on this? If people think this will shut me down hard and put stress on my liver then I will do a traditional pulse cycle, but I was thinking that I would be able to recover during the pulse before doing PCT

SPS

Awards
  • Established
Any other opinions on this? If people think this will shut me down hard and put stress on my liver then I will do a traditional pulse cycle, but I was thinking that I would be able to recover during the pulse before doing PCT
In your original post you said something about continuing to make significant gains, and you won't, the gallons from pulsing are way way less, I have tried it, and it sucked, I just finished the cycle traditionally, I mean try it and let us know, Dr. D gave an esitimate of 60% of the gains compared to a normal cycle, but I think its way less.

And if you consider for example, 10 mg a day of SD is 70 a week. Even just 20 or 30 mg every other day would run you 60 at the low end up to 120 mg a week for your liver to process, how is safer exactly?

BigDawg69

Awards
In your original post you said something about continuing to make significant gains, and you won't, the gallons from pulsing are way way less, I have tried it, and it sucked, I just finished the cycle traditionally, I mean try it and let us know, Dr. D gave an esitimate of 60% of the gains compared to a normal cycle, but I think its way less.

And if you consider for example, 10 mg a day of SD is 70 a week. Even just 20 or 30 mg every other day would run you 60 at the low end up to 120 mg a week for your liver to process, how is safer exactly?
Not too worried about my liver, and if I can gain 10lbs from a pulse I will be more than happy. The main reason for me pulsing is to avoid shutdown and not lose gains

zendog

Awards
pulsing s/d twice has given me two gyno flare ups. Low dose s/d every day for five weeks produced awesome recomp.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
pulsing s/d twice has given me two gyno flare ups. Low dose s/d every day for five weeks produced awesome recomp.
Aaaaaand thats why pulsing sucks. Is your gyno at bay now?

xtreme1087

Awards
Not too worried about my liver, and if I can gain 10lbs from a pulse I will be more than happy. The main reason for me pulsing is to avoid shutdown and not lose gains
I tried pulsing dbol, but that freakin stuff still gave me high bp and headaches. Liver stayed in good shape though

houtex87

Awards
So I'm about to start epistane, should I just run it at 30 through my whole cycle or should I pulse it at say 40? What do you guys think?

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
start at 20 and work your way up to 40. persoanlly i saw no need for 40mg/day

you might be different

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
So...once a week? It makes sense to me, the less educated.
If you could expand on your answer...
Honestly it wouldn't even be a bad Idea if you ran clomid straight through, it would keep estrogen from fluctuating too much from the pulse

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Honestly it wouldn't even be a bad Idea if you ran clomid straight through, it would keep estrogen from fluctuating too much from the pulse
I was thinking of doing an epi pulse w DHEA, clomid, DAA, 1-carboxy, and 7-methoxyflavone on off days.
I know the test boosters on a cycle are worthless but thinking the pulse would be like an extremely short cycle. I wouldn't normally take DHEA either, yet epi controls estrogen so it would be good together...all theory.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
So...once a week? It makes sense to me, the less educated.
If you could expand on your answer...
Yu wouldn't take clomid on a regular cycle right? Since its half life is so long it will still be very active in your body the next day yu decide to take the steroids, so you won't be letting the compound do its work

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Yu wouldn't take clomid on a regular cycle right? Since its half life is so long it will still be very active in your body the next day yu decide to take the steroids, so you won't be letting the compound do its work
Right, I wouldn't take it on cycle. Some take nolva on though. I thought the two were very similar.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Right, I wouldn't take it on cycle. Some take nolva on though. I thought the two were very similar.
Tea but it's used to combat gyno and there are much better choices like arimidex to do just that withoiut inhibiting gains

xtreme1087

Awards
How does it inhibit gains? Too low of estrogen?
Yes, AI's reduce your e2 levels. Estrogen is a key mass building component, which is why you want to take as low a dose as possible. Just enough to inhibit gyno. Too much of any AI can crush your libido, make you feel like crap, and hinder your gains

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Yes, AI's reduce your e2 levels. Estrogen is a key mass building component, which is why you want to take as low a dose as possible. Just enough to inhibit gyno. Too much of any AI can crush your libido, make you feel like crap, and hinder your gains
That's what I thought.

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
How about taking clomid on 'off' days?
Awesome idea, that just shows you have a good understanding. Keep going that way bro, dont let nay sayers confuse you.

Arimadex doesnt inhibit Gyno, it inhibits Estrogen aromatisation to a certain percentage, I run Arimidex on my cycles aswell to maximise the amount of active anabolics in my system and stave off acne. Clomid inhibits gyno to a certain extent (alltogether as far as I know - with correct dosing) and it also helps your body to recover, but more than that, it stimulates Liutenising hormone, although not as well as novaldex but it will combat shut down... adequately for a pulse I would suspect. The doctor tells us that pusling is a measure against shutdown without mentioning additional Liutenising Hormone or LH boosters, so youre thinking very well on the bulking cycle terms... keep going.

But in answer to your question: Clomid needs to remain at a constant level in your system, dosages are determined according to the length of the half-life of any given drug. It would be pointless just taking it on the off days, if youre going to fork out the money to add it to your cycle you need to take it all the way through or not at all or you'l wast your time and money.

And if you have the money to fork out take arimadex aswell or the like thereof when pulsing any oral because gyno is not the only unwanted side affect. Keep thinking like a winner but do your reaserch or drop it all together! Because otherwise its not worth it, you only have one body and its not a toy or an experiment, once you **** it up thats the end of it.

Last edited:
Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
I was thinking taking it every other day.
I figured it would also help testicular atrophy.
If I ran it eod through on a 6 week cycle, would it still be effective during pct?
P.S. I'm not worried about gyno this time, as the primary compound I'm using is epi (test gel+anavar also--low dose) I do have adex.
I'm hoping w that combo I encounter no joint pain. I'll be taking cissus and fish oil too.

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
Yes it will help with the testicular atrophy, as Clomid inhibits the the shutdown.
Of course it will still work for pct, why not? You can take it for 2/3 of a year non stop!
.. you have the adex too?... my man. Stop, drop, shutem down open up shop!

I used 1mg of adex ed throught my last cycle and experienced no joint stiffness or pain (other than what I already had).

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
Oh but if you insist on pulsing the Clomid oed Id take 75mg minimum.

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
Tea but it's used to combat gyno and there are much better choices like arimidex to do just that withoiut inhibiting gains
Where on earth do you guy's get the idea that clomid inhibits gains???...

...And that Arimadex inhibits Gyno? Pfff

Blind leading the blind here. You guys need to stop talking so much illusive sweet talking rubish, what do you think this is a dating site?... are you guy's jerking off here?... or what?... do you think this is a beach?? this crap not good enough, I dont care how many more posts youve made here than me.

This is a very seriouse forum with mature themes for adult disscussion... and about dangerouse things in this case! Explain what the actual F* youre talking about properly or dont bother trying to look good.

Arimadex inhibits aromatization... not Gyno.
Clomid enhanes recovery and inhibits Gyno...

...and Clomid helps your body repair the damage caused to muscle while exercising and improves bone desnity, tell me what part about that
is inhibitory to gains?

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Thanks for your insight. I'm not very informed on these types of masters but it made sense to me. Doing something like a 'micro-cycle' every two days.

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
Honestly 50mg ed would be best.

I pulled all the caps out of the packaging at once and cut them in half, and put them in an empty asprin container... its not too much hastle. Its only expensive - but unfortunately, you will discover, cycles that are worth doing cost alot. Cheap cycles will always dissapoint you and therefore are a waste of money. We have a saying in South Africa - cheap stuff is expensive. Because you wont gain much off a cheap cycle, you'l probably loose all your gains, in all probability end up with bitch tits later on and high blood pressure for the rest of your life... and end up paying for another cycle very soon to get them gains back again.

The only alternative I can see logically is to use a compound with zero aromatization, zero gyno sides (which I only know of is masteron or proviron) and use no more than only 200mg test per week - which is such a week cycle I dont see that as bieng worth it.

If youre going to do a cycle, do it properly... save your money and buy your cycle piece by piece and dont start it until you have it all.

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
I have no problem spending the money. My clomid comes in capsules, not tablets.
I'll do 50mg daily. It's like anything--if you're going to do it, do it right.

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
I have no problem spending the money. My clomid comes in capsules, not tablets.
I'll do 50mg daily. It's like anything--if you're going to do it, do it right.
Nothin to it but to do it!

BlackHulk

Awards
Dr.D what about support supps such as cycle assist. Should these be taken on off days or are they even needed when pulsing? Also I'm thinking of doing pulse with SD, I know to take it a hour before workout, but how long after should you wait to take your second dose?

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dr.D what about support supps such as cycle assist. Should these be taken on off days or are they even needed when pulsing? Also I'm thinking of doing pulse with SD, I know to take it a hour before workout, but how long after should you wait to take your second dose?
I don't think Dr.D has been on here for awhile.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

liftsalot

Awards
I would take support supps through out instead of preloading for two weeks as with a straight cycle. That's just me though. Better safe than sorry

jonpaulevans

jonpaulevans

Awards
for what it's worth coming from a newbie on this site. I'm 32 and been working out for 15+ years. Past 3-4 years I did about 4 cycles of Epi/Havoc and each time pulsed on the low end (10-40mg, 3x wk - 6-7 weeks). I'm 5'11" and 230 +/-10pounds and I will always pulse. I continue to see gains and have good experiences - a little lethargy... PULSE RULES - THANKS DR. D!!!!!! sorry no bloodwork but we take so many ppls words on here as testimony so thats my 2cents

jonpaulevans

jonpaulevans

Awards
I also find pulsing to be superior since there is evidence showing no need for liver support - even though I do take a liver support dose on off days. basically: Pulse=no need for liver support, Daily=liver support. Why use everyday if you need liver support which is believed to decrease the absorption of the compound?

jonpaulevans

jonpaulevans

Awards
I take cycle assist on off days and take all doses an hour before workout. I've split the dose in the past but I prefer to take it all at once - just more convenient. I think it even worked better

krakken

krakken

Awards
you guys thinking / have done any serm pct with this pulsing of epi?

Roniboney

Awards
Look up epistane in google and Dr D has laid out his PCT protocol for pulsing on the site.

I believe it was a very low dose PCT for long length pulses(8-10 weeks)

20mg for 3 days the run it at 10mg for 18 days.

More guys in here will know more.

Roniboney

Awards
Look up epistane in google and Dr D has laid out his PCT protocol for pulsing on the site.

krakken

krakken

Awards

Not to be a dick but Im aware of dr.d's protocols but I'm asking these two gents who posted ahead of me if they are doing pct

Roniboney

Awards
Not to be a dick but Im aware of dr.d's protocols but I'm asking these two gents who posted ahead of me if they are doing pct
ah didn't see that.No problem man.Make sure you get a straight answer before you start any of this stuff.Good luck

krakken

krakken

Awards
Not starting a cycle or anything bro, was simply inquirying about the pct's of this pulsing business. Curious to see how it works out for jonpaulevans.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Where on earth do you guy's get the idea that clomid inhibits gains???...

...And that Arimadex inhibits Gyno? Pfff

Blind leading the blind here. You guys need to stop talking so much illusive sweet talking rubish, what do you think this is a dating site?... are you guy's jerking off here?... or what?... do you think this is a beach?? this crap not good enough, I dont care how many more posts youve made here than me.

This is a very seriouse forum with mature themes for adult disscussion... and about dangerouse things in this case! Explain what the actual F* youre talking about properly or dont bother trying to look good.

Arimadex inhibits aromatization... not Gyno.
Clomid enhanes recovery and inhibits Gyno...

...and Clomid helps your body repair the damage caused to muscle while exercising and improves bone desnity, tell me what part about that
is inhibitory to gains?
Nothing supports that a serm keeps the HPTA alive. Your basically saying that it may make recover easier. But then again so does an AI. Both clomid and nolva elevate SHBG, which with 147% increase in testosterone would mean very little as free test would be compromised. An AI allows less binding to SHBG, and some studies suggest that an AI can elevate test levels. It would be impossible to suggest it will stop suppression of steroids. When androgens are 5x normal it doesnt matter what drugs you take.. Your body is too smart for that buddy.we can go back and forth all day but the ruth is theres is no proof either way. I will admit that i didnt know as much about the mechanism of clomid as i do now but even now i wouldnt recommend taking clomid on cycle even with the lipid benefits. there was no need for your frivilous remarks. idc about about post count. Im here to learn and i still hav a lot to learn but you need to learn basic manners and board conduct before thinking about posting.

Bill_Dwyer

Awards

One may observe that testicular volume and/or testosterone levels reset slightly above previous baseline at the end of 2 consecutive off days, or at the end of the cycle itself. This phenomenon is called 'bounce' back. This seemingly paradoxical bounce appears to reflect the body's short-term homeostasis effort, and acts somewhat like a built-in pct with this method.

A little ancedote:
After dosing a popular fast acting dimethyl on a 7 on 7 off protocol for 3 "sprints" I noticed this effect. After the third on week I noticed increased testicular volume, libido, and aggression. Waiting on bloods to see if T is up, but it sure feels that way.

mralph1124

mralph1124

Awards
What is your opinion on an epi pulse I have 15mg caps so it would be 30 firs week 45 every other. Sun mon on tues off weds thurs on fri sat off run it for 7 weeks

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your opinion on an epi pulse I have 15mg caps so it would be 30 firs week 45 every other. Sun mon on tues off weds thurs on fri sat off run it for 7 weeks
Thought it was optimal not to dose more than 3 times per week when pulsing?

pez6969

Awards
Dr. D

I want to pulse but Im still alittle confused. If I workout Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and I use the Epi on those days then on the off days of that week I would use an AI and MassFX? Also, Im not using any tpye of of liver support? Thanks for the help you are a wealth of knowledge..

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
just take it regular.... screw this is 5000 pages cant help you figure out how to pulse then gl w life. because I guarentee your question has been asked and answered

brahmabull

Awards
This is crazy. It is mainly duration of a ph that causes side effects as well as the dose. Some folks stay on this stuff way to long. I seriously doubt that a 3 day a week cycle lasting 8 weeks is going to keep you side effect free. The metabolites build up in your body over time. That's why you can skip a day or two and still grow and lift hard.