How much tuna do you eat

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I was actually thinking of buying some whole yellowfin or mahi and just processing it that way. I love the canned stuff,but i know it can't be good to eat all the time.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
all the mercury hype about tuna is :bsflag: IMO - if ur not a 85 lb. child (or 85 lb. female for that matter) then youre fine eating a can a day.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was actually thinking of buying some whole yellowfin or mahi and just processing it that way. I love the canned stuff,but i know it can't be good to eat all the time.
From 2004 to 2009, I used to eat a lot of tuna, and having 1kg a day was normal at times - a surprise, considering I never liked tuna growing up. Now I can barely stand the smell of it, let alone the taste . . . I prefer chicken, but even that has become barely tolerable to me as well . . .

~Rosie~

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually rock 2 little cans a day (easy to eat work and cheap).

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I eat canned wild caught salmon. up to 2 half pound cans a day

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I can stomach tuna....it is the chicken that i drudge through.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
One can a day, in olive oil, loaded with Tabassco. I usually eat it with wheat crackers but AntonG420 has just put an end to that.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
One can a day, in olive oil, loaded with Tabassco. I usually eat it with wheat crackers but AntonG420 has just put an end to that.
LOL

And for the sake of the thread...I eat 2 cans a day.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
all the mercury hype about tuna is :bsflag: IMO - if ur not a 85 lb. child (or 85 lb. female for that matter) then youre fine eating a can a day.
Really? I stopped eating so much Tuna bc of that shiznit.

Huh, maybe I will return to my fish eating ways.....

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
6 cans per day, for the past month. Over 180 cans so far.

I'm only doing this because the kitchen is going to be completed with the remodel on Friday, New Year's Eve, and I can FINALLY cook chicken again :)

How much mercury is in each can of Albacore tuna in water (Starkist)?

Luckily, it's only short term, and very inexpensive when bought in bulk.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
idk how much mercury per can but i dont know ANYONE who has been hospitalized for or showed symptoms of mercury poisoning - and i know ppl who eat ALOT of tuna

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Submitted by StarKist on 07-22-2010
Canned tuna is safe and canned light meat tuna is listed on the EPA/FDA advisory as one of the fish that has very low levels of methylmercury. The trace levels of methylmercury found in canned tuna are far below the 1.0 parts per million (ppm) standard the FDA has set as safe. FDA testing has shown that canned light meat tuna has an average of 0.1 parts per million (ppm) and that Albacore (white meat) tuna has an average of 0.35 ppm. StarKist has appropriate testing procedures in place to ensure that both our light meat canned and white meat canned tuna are well below the FDA limit of 1 ppm.

For more information, go to the FDA's website at www.fda.gov or call the FDA Center for Food Safety Information Line at 1-888-SAFEFOOD.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
What are the harmful effects of mercury anyhow?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are the harmful effects of mercury anyhow?

In short, insanity. A bit more detailed, irritability, aggitation and aggression. I am sure there are more but the cognitive/behavioral one's are what I am familiar with. It is what made "The Mad hatter" Mad.

http: //dmsachelation.com /mercury-poisoning/

KBD

KBD

Awards
  • Established
I f*ckin HATE tuna, but i still eat a can a day with some rice. I season the sh*t out of it though lol.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
there are all types of tuna KBD - tuna sashimi is AWESOME. If i had the $$ id eat it everyday.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear that if you're going the canned salmon route, wild caught is better...but first of all I can't find any and second of all, I just don't care! I eat anywhere from 1-3 cans of tuna a day. It's awesome to dip wheat thins in, and awesome in a whole wheat wrap with some fresh veggies thrown in the mix.

jcr1

Banned
Awards
Yeah lol. I mean its proven! There is mercury in fish. And the more u eat the more it adds up! That simple!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Submitted by StarKist on 07-22-2010
FDA testing has shown that Albacore (white meat) tuna has an average of 0.35 ppm. StarKist has appropriate testing procedures in place to ensure that both our light meat canned and white meat canned tuna are well below the FDA limit of 1 ppm.

For more information, go to the FDA's website at www.fda.gov or call the FDA Center for Food Safety Information Line at 1-888-SAFEFOOD.
AWESOME (bolded above). This really gives me peace of mind. Thank you so much, reps coming your way! :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat between 1 and 2 cans a day. I also take about 1,800mg of NAC a day in hopes of a little heavy metal chelation keeping that mercury at bay.