Finally got my Nutrapro!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been taking my Frosty Chocolate Milk Nutrapro for the last 5 days, and I'm VERY impressed.

Great flavor; Great value; Nutraplanet does it again!!!

Great job with this, NP!

-John

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Eh.. The cake batter tastes pretty gross, almost doesn't taste like anything specific, just weird as hell..

The cin bun more like a piece of cinnamon gum then a cin bun.. It is almost like eating a stick of big red or something.

I can honestly drink anything, so its not the end of the world, but i wont be ordering either again, that is forsure..lol

I do use it mixed with water, as my "milk" for my morning cereal, and it is really going to kill my most enjoyable meal of the day..lol

I am surprised so many people are impressed by the chocolate. It is just sweet as hell to me, and not really "chocolaty".

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Eh.. The cake batter tastes pretty gross, almost doesn't taste like anything specific, just weird as hell..

The cin bun more like a piece of cinnamon gum then a cin bun.. It is almost like eating a stick of big red or something.

I can honestly drink anything, so its not the end of the world, but i wont be ordering either again, that is forsure..lol

I do use it mixed with water, as my "milk" for my morning cereal, and it is really going to kill my most enjoyable meal of the day..lol

I am surprised so many people are impressed by the chocolate. It is just sweet as hell to me, and not really "chocolaty".
Usually what I do when I come across a mix I don't like is mix it with another one. Try mixing chocolate with your cake batter and see how that is. Either that or you can buy flavors at the store in extract form and change it around too.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
REPS FOR CGC.

It is completely F*n delish. throw it in some full cream milk, and you are set for life. I can't exactly taste graham cracker, but I can taste something more than chocolate. I don't really care if you called it Chocolate Tire Fire, as long as it tastes good you nailed it!

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
Is it possible that there was a bad batch of the Cinnamon Bun?

I find it intriguing that I keep reading how much others' have the strong taste of cinnamon while mine doesnt even resemble cinnamon flavoring. As I mentioned previously, my wife guessed the flavor was vanilla-banana. I put cinnamon on lots of things, so Id like to think I have a good palate for the flavor.

Hrm...

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
This was the only batch of Cinnamon made so far, outside of the very small pilot batch that was taste-tested internally.

I still say it is one of the best proteins I have tried. Call me crazy, but a Cinnamon protein should taste like...Cinnamon. I find the strong flavor very appealing.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I received yesterday and used my Frosted Cinnamon Bun this morning. Tastes just fine.

Seriously, what's all the whining about the taste. It's protein powder not a dessert.

It is Frosted Cinnamon Bun FLAVORED not an actual Cinnamon Bun.

Good job Matt!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta agree DD. I am amazed at the complaints, as if many expected to open the jug and have an actual cinnamon bun fall out

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
I gotta agree DD. I am amazed at the complaints, as if many expected to open the jug and have an actual cinnamon bun fall out
Why not? Or we can use the powder to make an icing to put on an actual cinnamon bun....giant cinnamon buns like shown on Man vs Food. Kidding aside I think it's just wanting too much of the actual flavor of what the name is. I was also expecting more of a doughy flavor. I mean what would you rather eat, a cinnamon bun or a spoon full of cinnamon?

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
No, it's not that...but frankly I was expecting a bit doughy flavor - but it's just too thin.....I mixed it with vanilla ON casein and it's much better that way :D

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I received yesterday and used my Frosted Cinnamon Bun this morning. Tastes just fine.

Seriously, what's all the whining about the taste. It's protein powder not a dessert.

Good job Matt!
Why even drink flavored protein at all then? Why not unflavored? Why buy this, when there are dozens of similarly priced products which taste much better?

Taste isn't the end all be all for me, but if i can get something of equal quality, that actually tastes good, i would be a fool to opt for something lesser in the taste dept.

I mean seriously why even say things like this in the description, if flavor isn't a big deal.
" NutraPro™ has also been formulated to ensure it is the best tasting protein available, period."

As for the cinnamon bun, no one is expecting it to literally be a cinnamon bun, but I would call it "Big Red/Dentyne flavored", as it seems like a more accurate description.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when i eat 7 meals a day of chicken breasts, or other super lean meats/no carbs, a good tasting shake is something i look forward to 1-2 times a day.

Its not really a big deal, as ill just use a different brand once i plow through this stuff, but it seriously is getting to the point where people can't give any constructive criticism, or negative feedback on anything "nutraplanet" without everyone acting all confused, or like it is their problem.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why even drink flavored protein at all then? Why not unflavored? Why buy this, when there are dozens of similarly priced products which taste much better?

Taste isn't the end all be all for me, but if i can get something of equal quality, that actually tastes good, i would be a fool to opt for something lesser in the taste dept.

I mean seriously why even say things like this in the description, if flavor isn't a big deal.
" NutraPro™ has also been formulated to ensure it is the best tasting protein available, period."

As for the cinnamon bun, no one is expecting it to literally be a cinnamon bun, but I would call it "Big Red/Dentyne flavored", as it seems like a more accurate description.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when i eat 7 meals a day of chicken breasts, or other super lean meats/no carbs, a good tasting shake is something i look forward to 1-2 times a day.

Its not really a big deal, as ill just use a different brand once i plow through this stuff, but it seriously is getting to the point where people can't give any constructive criticism, or negative feedback on anything "nutraplanet" without everyone acting all confused, or like it is their problem.
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

traxiz

Awards

Good job Matt!
To me the cinnamon bun just has too much bite to it when in liquid or straight powder form. When you mix it in oatmeal it is better, but still not as good as other flavors of whey. I'll admit it is pretty decent when mixed with another flavor of whey since that helps reduce the cinnamon flavor of it.

When I bought this I had been hoping that the NutraPro would at least match the flavor of ATW's cinnabun (prior to the issues they have had in the past 6-8 months). I think the flavor is close to dead on in terms of sweetness but it needs to have the cinnamon dialed back some in order to move it from "shake that you choke down quickly" to "shake you look forward to having as a treat". The mixability, nutritional profile and lack of an artificial taste are all fantastic in this flavor and I assume that holds true for all the other NutraPro flavors as well.

I tend to use whey in a lot of different recipes so finding one that tastes great is always a big plus for me. If I just wanted something poor tasting to get down quickly as a PWO shake then I would grab some unflavored whey and leave it at that.

This could also have a lot to do with that fact that people's taste buds are wired differently so what is bad tasting to one person might be mind-blowing to another.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

let me address your last paragraph first. At NP, we always welcome constructive criticism. It affords us an excellent opportunity to converse with the consumers and get their thoughts. Which in turn allows us to make any necessary alterations as needed.

With regard to the complaints....it is a tad redundant. Taste is very subjective. What tastes good to you, might not for me and vice versa. Prime example....I absolutely hate lobster, I mean hate with a friggin passion. My wife on the other hand could eat it day and night. Subjectivity. While I respect all opinions, to say that NP is being unfair in their descriptions is just downright foolishness considering the subjective nature of the issue in question.

That is all

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
let me address your last paragraph first. At NP, we always welcome constructive criticism. It affords us an excellent opportunity to converse with the consumers and get their thoughts. Which in turn allows us to make any necessary alterations as needed.

With regard to the complaints....it is a tad redundant. Taste is very subjective. What tastes good to you, might not for me and vice versa. Prime example....I absolutely hate lobster, I mean hate with a friggin passion. My wife on the other hand could eat it day and night. Subjectivity. While I respect all opinions, to say that NP is being unfair in their descriptions is just downright foolishness considering the subjective nature of the issue in question.

That is all
There seems to be a majority of people saying the same thing.

While taste is subjective it should still appeal to the masses.

You liking or not liking lobster is not relevant. You don't like lobster there for you can't judge how good lobster should taste. You cant distinguish well prepared lobster, from **** lobster, because you don't like it. Your wife who likes lobster, is a better judge, of good lobster.. Make sense?

I on the other hand KNOW what vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc taste like. From there, i can tell you which brand "i" prefer, for its taste, and that would be subjective, but the fact that it taste like strawberry is not subjective.

You cant say "this is chocolate flavored protein" and when I taste it, it tastes like mashed potato's, then tell me "well taste is subjective"..lol

It isn't a matter of being good or bad(subjective), it is a matter of it tasting nothing like the desired flavor. Wouldn't you think that is an issue worth looking into?

Do you not think there are people who get paid handsomely by large companies for using their palate, to create better tasting products?

Oh and my only point with that description was this. Everyone is acting all confused as to why people are complaining about the taste, and that taste should not be important, and i was just pointing out that you weighed taste pretty heavily in the description.

But since you touched back on it, and think me bringing it up, is foolish, we can look into it further.
"NutraPro™ has also been formulated to ensure it is the best tasting protein available, period."
Well i must be foolish to think "best tasting protein period" is a bit bold when you yourself claim it is so subjective. How could something subjective be definitive?(period)?

I am not good at much in life, but i have a good palate, and i can tell you that neither of these flavors come close to delivering their "flavor".. PERIOD.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There seems to be a majority of people saying the same thing.

While taste is subjective it should still appeal to the masses.

You liking or not liking lobster is not relevant. You don't like lobster there for you can't judge how good lobster should taste. You cant distinguish well prepared lobster, from **** lobster, because you don't like it. Your wife who likes lobster, is a better judge, of good lobster.. Make sense?

I on the other hand KNOW what vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc taste like. From there, i can tell you which brand "i" prefer, for its taste, and that would be subjective, but the fact that it taste like strawberry is not subjective.

You cant say "this is chocolate flavored protein" and when I taste it, it tastes like mashed potato's, then tell me "well taste is subjective"..lol

It isn't a matter of being good or bad(subjective), it is a matter of it tasting nothing like the desired flavor. Wouldn't you think that is an issue worth looking into?

Do you not think there are people who get paid handsomely by large companies for using their palate, to create better tasting products?

Oh and my only point with that description was this. Everyone is acting all confused as to why people are complaining about the taste, and that taste should not be important, and i was just pointing out that you weighed taste pretty heavily in the description.

But since you touched back on it, and think me bringing it up, is foolish, we can look into it further.

Well i must be foolish to think "best tasting protein period" is a bit bold when you yourself claim it is so subjective. How could something subjective be definitive?(period)?

I am not good at much in life, but i have a good palate, and i can tell you that neither of these flavors come close to delivering their "flavor".. PERIOD.

Since I cant judge lobster, I am sure that I can judge protein due to my many years of use. I must say I am thrilled with my Nutrapro flavors and find them to be about as accurate as their title. I take it you see the subjectivity of this. Using mashed potatos is a tad silly

With regard to the "best tasting protein period", do you think we took a poll? There is still a sense of salesmanship here

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to say, I absolutely hate the taste of ASGT with a huge passion. It makes me gag, I have to hold my nose, and continue holding my nose while I chase it with something else. And I add crystal light into it to help a bit. 99% of people give it 8/10 or more in reviews. There is no doubt it works as it should, and I made posts everywhere asking if I was mixing it wrong, or if I got a bad batch, etc. I think I may have gotten 1 response saying someone else didn't like it. So, obviously, for me, ASGT just tastes horrible. There must be something in it my body doesnt like. It performs well, so I know they arent all just paid reviewers, I just can't handle the flavor.

Taste can be hugely subjective, but majority rules. Also when Nutrapro made the label they only had the first 3 flavors, and I think the chocolate one is the best tasting protein I've had :)

But the bottom line is there are not many people saying the flavor sucks. Granted, a lot of people don't surf here, but there are a ton that do, and most are saying its good or not saying anything. I don't know how many orders NP shipped, but I bet it is alot, and 5 or 10 people who think it sucks are probably the minority. Not trying to rib you, just saying it might be YOU, kind of like the problem with ASGT is ME.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to say, I absolutely hate the taste of ASGT with a huge passion. It makes me gag, I have to hold my nose, and continue holding my nose while I chase it with something else. And I add crystal light into it to help a bit. 99% of people give it 8/10 or more in reviews. There is no doubt it works as it should, and I made posts everywhere asking if I was mixing it wrong, or if I got a bad batch, etc. I think I may have gotten 1 response saying someone else didn't like it. So, obviously, for me, ASGT just tastes horrible. There must be something in it my body doesnt like. It performs well, so I know they arent all just paid reviewers, I just can't handle the flavor.

Taste can be hugely subjective, but majority rules. Also when Nutrapro made the label they only had the first 3 flavors, and I think the chocolate one is the best tasting protein I've had :)

But the bottom line is there are not many people saying the flavor sucks. Granted, a lot of people don't surf here, but there are a ton that do, and most are saying its good or not saying anything. I don't know how many orders NP shipped, but I bet it is alot, and 5 or 10 people who think it sucks are probably the minority. Not trying to rib you, just saying it might be YOU, kind of like the problem with ASGT is ME.
Very well said!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I did not like the tast of ASGT at all in the beginning, but I did taste the old one...:puke:

The taste of ASGT has grown on me somewhat, but there are still times where I gag.

Protein is something that if it tastes like ass, I will not buy it. I agree with alot of people on here about the importance of taste, specificallly imprez. I have tried a handful of Nutrapro's flavor and am quite pleased, but have not tried all of them. With that said, I will be taking all feedback and directing it to Sam (stryder, the owner of Nutraplanet) so that we can create the BEST flavors to an already steller product profile. What company do you know that will take customer feedback to improve on a product?

Also, if you have any questions, problems, ANYTHING...please PM ME. I can usually answer within the hour or so.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, why was my post deleted? I gave an honest review of CGC and the mods wipe it out? Not cool at all..

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
+1 for banana. I've only had ATW's banana isolate but man I loved that stuff. Tasted like banana popsicles when mixed with water! Haha.

I can only imagine how good half a scoop of banana mixed with half a scoop of frosty chocolate would taste.
I used to mix a scoop of banana w/ a scoop of cake batter and it tasted like banana cream pie :fing02:

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
++++ for banana. My favorite flavor...ain't nothing like a southern banana cream pudding :D

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Wow, why was my post deleted? I gave an honest review of CGC and the mods wipe it out? Not cool at all..
I'd be interested in your review, can you post it again please. Could be possible it wasn't deleted, I've had that happen with a bunch of my posts before.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested in your review, can you post it again please. Could be possible it wasn't deleted, I've had that happen with a bunch of my posts before.
It definitely got deleted. It wasn't even that bad of a review, but I did mention a competitor's protein, which probably got the mods all excited. Anyhow I tried the CGC yesterday and give it a 6 out of 10 for taste. Honestly I was expecting more with the way all the testers drooled over it. I also said I'd buy it again at the right price, but not for more than $30 because of all the protein deals that are always out there. I have Cake Batter too, but prob won't be opening that for awhile. All in all it's not bad, but not amazing either like a lot of people made it sound.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I think it's amazing, currently taking about 4 shakes per day. How many scoops r u using? 2 scoops in 12 oz milk is money.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think it's amazing, currently taking about 4 shakes per day. How many scoops r u using? 2 scoops in 12 oz milk is money.
I don't mean to discount your opinion, but obviously you're going to think it's amazing..:lol: I used one scoop in around 10 oz of milk.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Try two scoops man. Honestly 1 scoop was crap to me...I was actually disappointed and mad. 2 scoops sold me. I find alot of protein powders are either too weak or just taste like ass.

Watermelon Nutrapro isn't as AMAZING as all the reviews in my opinion...it tastes more strawberry like to me. I'll probably finish my tub but I don't feel it's a "Watermelon" taste.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
We again, do want to thank everyone for the reviews, both good and bad. Your constructive criticism is vital for us in tweaking the flavors and providing the very best tasting proteins available. We'll never ask to silence honest reviews.

As always, NP will listen to our customers and make changes where needed. I may have to retire as taste tester, but that is the sacrifice I am willing to make. ;) We will be getting in tweaked versions of the Cake Batter and Cinnamon in the next month or so and we promise that we'll continue to work to make sure NutraPro is indeed the best tasting protein - without question.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I kinda bought into the taste hype for this and the price was amazing, so I gave it a go on two tubs of Chocolate and Vanilla...they are not impressive and a bit underwhelming. I got a bit worried about some of the reviewers on here talking this up after trying them. I guess the new excuse is the price point so 'who cares about the flavor' but I didn't want to step back to 1995 GNC protein powder tastes, one would figure the flavoring would be more advanced by now. If you visit any bb board on the internetz you'll see the demand for these powders are a highly affordable whey with a great taste...so to those saying "who cares about it when you're paying $10 less!" are ridiculous. This is why the discussions about ATW, Muscle Gauge and the like are being brought up.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
GNC vanilla is why I can no longer eat ANYTHING vanilla...true story

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
i saw this yesterday, got me all excited, but i didn't receive mine yet, waiting on some vanilla and strawberry....can't wait for some banana to come out, odd reason but i love banana flavored protein, mix it in with some vanilla and g2g
Anything Banana is awesome :fing02:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Banana is delish...we have banana milk here, so good.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I just received my Chocolate Peanut Butter Nutrapro the other day. I will definitely say that I will be sticking with Nutrapro. High quality product for a low price. I'll take it. I'd give the taste a 9.5/10 and mixablity a 10/10. I've been using ON for years since the 10 pound bag was around 40-45 bucks. Now, the 5 pound is around that price. I'm definitely making the permanent switch to Nutrapro. Gotta get through this tub so I can try more flavors.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Those little bottles with that goofy looking cow on it?
No, but those are good too :D We only have 8oz juice box milk here o_O I think it has a big banana on it. Some arabic stuff, but banana flavored milk is just the bomb, nestle makes some I think.

DavidII

Awards
ChocoPB, I thought it had a bit way too much PB for my preference...
This would actually suit me better, as I really have never cared for chocolate flavored protein. I love peanut butter though.

Thanks for the review.