abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just started the bottle again from the first batch. Is the new one any different? To lazy to read the thread lol. Cause ima need another bottle :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm putting the final touches in the final version.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm putting the final touches in the final version.
Excellent. What's the difference? Keep me posted when it's done so I can buy

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bump. Looking forward to the new stuff.
And Any ideas to help prevent graying hairs?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ingredients are ordered - one of the ingredients is not common at ALL and was a special order.

For graying hairs there have been some studies showing limited effectiveness of l-dopa topically applied.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it going to be completely different? Also will it still be that brownish color? Cause when I apply it my wife tells me it's noticeable and I applied as little as possible. I also went out to eat and the waitress asked what's in my hair. I felt embarrassed lol.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, it's going to be built on the beta version, so you will still have the brown color. Not much I can do about it...sorry.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ingredients are ordered - one of the ingredients is not common at ALL and was a special order.

For graying hairs there have been some studies showing limited effectiveness of l-dopa topically applied.
Thanks Dsade I will look into that. Ive been noticing a little gray in the ole beard lately lol.
heard anything good about Fo-ti for grays?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Dsade I will look into that. Ive been noticing a little gray in the ole beard lately lol.
heard anything good about Fo-ti for grays?
Not for gray, but it's already in the formula

Polygonum multiflorum (PM)

In the past few years, a couple of promising studies have been published showing great potential for Polygonum multiflorum for hair growth. One specific compound found in PM showed that it was able to outperform Minoxidil in the parameters tested (47). A second study showed PM to be effective at promoting hair growth in mice by initiating the anagen phase (48).

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good D. I was a fan of the original so I've been highly anticipating your new formula.
Maybe the actives in viral mane will potentially help prevent graying to some extent as well.
I've always had very dark hair so seeing these grays creep up on me is a bummer lol.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How would you combine minoxidil with the virile mane?

Minox foam first, then vm? Or mix in bulk?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not for gray, but it's already in the formula Polygonum multiflorum (PM) In the past few years, a couple of promising studies have been published showing great potential for Polygonum multiflorum for hair growth. One specific compound found in PM showed that it was able to outperform Minoxidil in the parameters tested (47). A second study showed PM to be effective at promoting hair growth in mice by initiating the anagen phase (48).
Outperform minoxidil? Wow this can potentially take over all the people who use it on a daily basis.

I'm using the old formula and it's decent. I see a few new hairs growing but not as much as I was hoping for on the hair line area. Looking forward to the new formula for sure. ETA?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Outperform minoxidil? Wow this can potentially take over all the people who use it on a daily basis.

I'm using the old formula and it's decent. I see a few new hairs growing but not as much as I was hoping for on the hair line area. Looking forward to the new formula for sure. ETA?
The compounds I added to the final version are very potent, just a bit difficult to get and expensive.

Lothar99

Awards
I have about 10 bottles of the beta left, then I will be bringing out the final formula (3 more ingredients added).
Thanks a bunch! I bought one from that link about a week ago and didn't get any email about shipping or anything, so I thought the beta was over. Is there normally a confirmation email or something? I know of some more people who will be interested in this product.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks a bunch! I bought one from that link about a week ago and didn't get any email about shipping or anything, so I thought the beta was over. Is there normally a confirmation email or something? I know of some more people who will be interested in this product.
Sorry about that....the Shopify site is extremely buggy. It is supposed to send shipping confirmations, as well as order confirmations (to me) and half the time it fails. I try to make a habit of checking every night, but sometimes I will go check and notice orders from 1-2 days ago that I never got.

The only good part about the software is that we piggyback on their merchant account, so we can accept all credit cards and not just paypal.

Lothar99

Awards
Ah okay, thanks! Glad to hear it is coming.

Once the betas sell out the retail version will be available? Is there any information about what the changes are?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The full retail will come out after a few other products. Looks for it around March.

Lothar99

Awards
This arrived today. I read through this thread again to look for an answer but.... what is the bag of powder that came with this for? Do we mix it in ourselves? Does this need to be refrigerated? Thanks.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife packed it. It is either a sample of the Strawberry MyoPeptide protein or Cantaloupe Strafe sample. You should be able to smell.

Warning for allergies: coconut and yogurt/milk

Lothar99

Awards
Thanks, I'm glad I didn't mix the protein powder in. I tried this last night and it seems nice, though I may have applied a little too much.

I'm not sure if you discuss the reasoning for inclusion of ingredients beyond what is in the write-up thread, but some of us have been discussing this on another forum, and we were wondering about the inclusion of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT). Obviously, there is interest in this product because it is loaded with good ingredients (baicalin is amazing), but L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) is causing concern. It has been shown to increase androgen receptor density and uptake in muscle tissue in many studies. I was wondering if you came across any research that shows this isn't true in scalp tissue. I know it has beneficial effects on hair growth, but if there is any chance of an increase in AR densitiy/activity it would be a big gamble.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The ANdrogen receptors are definitely the main culprit, but the high levels of 5a reductase in the scalp. We have taken care of that angle with the formula.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17927577

L-carnitine-L-tartrate promotes human hair growth in vitro.
Exp. Dermatol. 2007 (11):936-45
Kerstin Foitzik, Edo Hoting, Thomas Förster, Paolo Pertile, Ralf Paus

The trimethylated amino acid l-carnitine plays a key role in the intramitochondrial transport of fatty acids for beta-oxidation and thus serves important functions in energy metabolism. Here, we have tested the hypothesis that l-carnitine, a frequently employed dietary supplement, may also stimulate hair growth by increasing energy supply to the massively proliferating and energy-consuming anagen hair matrix. Hair follicles (HFs) in the anagen VI stage of the hair cycle were cultured in the presence of 0.5-50 microm of l-carnitine-l-tartrate (CT) for 9 days. At day 9, HFs treated with 5 microm or 0.5 microm of CT showed a moderate, but significant stimulation of hair shaft elongation compared with vehicle-treated controls (P < 0.05). Also, CT prolonged the duration of anagen VI, down regulated apoptosis (as measured by TUNEL assay) and up regulated proliferation (as measured by Ki67 immunohistology) of hair matrix keratinocytes (P < 0.5). By immunohistology, intrafollicular immunoreactivity for TGFbeta2, a key catagen-promoting growth factor, in the dermal papilla and TGF-beta II receptor protein in the outer root sheath and dermal papilla was down regulated. As shown by caspase activity assay, caspase 3 and 7, which are known to initiate apoptosis, are down regulated at day 2 and day 4 after treatment of HFs with CT compared with vehicle-treated control indicating that CT has an immediate protective effect on HFs to undergo programmed cell death. Our findings suggest that l-carnitine stimulates human scalp hair growth by up regulation of proliferation and down regulation of apoptosis in follicular keratinocytes in vitro. They further encourage one to explore topical and nutraceutical administration of l-carnitine as a well-tolerated, relatively safe adjuvant treatment in the management of androgenetic alopecia and other forms of hair loss.

-send by Go PubMed iPhone App.

Sent from my iPhone

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
*aren't the main culprit

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It looks good. I hope soon its avaliabe.
1 of the new ingredients arrived 8 days ago (my apologies to those that ordered...i went ahead and added the new ingredient before shipping orders). The other 2 are due any day now, which means we will will go ahead with full retail release.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excellent news ^^

CF2

Awards
  • Established
I have been wondering, since capsaicin treatments are generally 4 times a day, is substance P depletion with a twice daily application a concern? The reason why I ask is piperine may have some use as a hair loss treatment, since, in addition to it activating TRPV1 (1) and releasing CGRP (2), it could have an inhibitory effect on 5 alpha reductase (3), and also act as a transdermal enhancer. (4)

1) Effects of piperine, the pungent component of black pepper, at the ... - PubMed - NCBI
2) Effects of piperine on calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)-conta... - PubMed - NCBI
3) Testosterone 5alpha-reductase inhibitory active constituents of Pip... - PubMed - NCBI
4) ijpbs.net/vol-2_issue-3/pharma_science/2.pdf

Lothar99

Awards
Any idea when the final 2 ingredients will be added and revealed?

CF2

Awards
  • Established
Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth without Toxic Signs.
Toxicol Res. 2014 Dec;30
Oh JY1, Park MA2, Kim YC2.

Abstract

Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a plant native to Europe and has been widely used as a carminative and gastric stimulant worldwide. This plant also has been used in cosmetic formulations as a fragrance component and skin conditioning agent. This study investigated the effect of peppermint oil on hair growth in C57BL/6 mice. The animals were randomized into 4 groups based on different topical applications: saline (SA), jojoba oil (JO), 3% minoxidil (MXD), and 3% peppermint oil (PEO). The hair growth effects of the 4-week topical applications were evaluated in terms of hair growth, histological analysis, enzymatic activity of alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and gene expression of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), known bio-markers for the enhanced hair growth. Of the 4 experimental groups, PEO group showed the most prominent hair growth effects; a significant increase in dermal thickness, follicle number, and follicle depth. ALP activity and IGF-1 expression also significantly increased in PEO group. Body weight gain and food efficiency were not significantly different between groups. These results suggest that PEO induces a rapid anagen stage and could be used for a practical agent for hair growth without change of body weight gain and food efficiency.

CF2

Awards
  • Established
Red ginseng extract promotes the hair growth in cultured human hair follicles.
J Med Food. 2015 Mar;18
Park GH1, Park KY, Cho HI, Lee SM, Han JS, Won CH, Chang SE, Lee MW, Choi JH, Moon KC, Shin H, Kang YJ, Lee DH.

Ginseng has been shown to promote hair growth in several recent studies. However, its effects on human hair follicles and its mechanisms of action have not been sufficiently elucidated. This study aimed to investigate the hair growth-promoting effects of red ginseng extract (RGE) and its ginsenosides. The proliferative activities of cultured human hair follicles treated with RGE and ginsenoside-Rb1 were assessed using Ki-67 immunostaining. Their effects on isolated human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs) were evaluated using cytotoxicity assays, immunoblot analysis of signaling proteins, and the determination of associated growth factors. We examined the ability of RGE and ginsenosides to protect hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation against dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-induced suppression and their effects on the expression of androgen receptor. The in vivo hair growth-promoting effect of RGE was also investigated in C57BL/6 mice. Both RGE and ginsenoside-Rb1 enhanced the proliferation of hair matrix keratinocytes. hDPCs treated with RGE or ginsenoside-Rb1 exhibited substantial cell proliferation and the associated phosphorylation of ERK and AKT. Moreover, RGE, ginsenoside-Rb1, and ginsenoside-Rg3 abrogated the DHT-induced suppression of hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation and the DHT-induced upregulation of the mRNA expression of androgen receptor in hDPCs. Murine experiments revealed that the subcutaneous injection of 3% RGE resulted in more rapid hair growth than the negative control. In conclusion, RGE and its ginsenosides may enhance hDPC proliferation, activate ERK and AKT signaling pathways in hDPCs, upregulate hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation, and inhibit the DHT-induced androgen receptor transcription. These results suggest that red ginseng may promote hair growth in humans.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We tried to get the isolated ginsenosides many times. Cost is extremely prohibitive.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Virle Mane's are shipping tomorow.. The new warehouse is finally up and running

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

CF2

Awards
  • Established
I saw the post on Facebook that Virile Mane will be shipping tomorrow. Great news! Can we expect the write-up any day? :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw the post on Facebook that Virile Mane will be shipping tomorrow. Great news! Can we expect the write-up any day? :)
writeup stands, but the additions will be amended asap

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet. Keep checking the mail :) it comes usps right?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437000115.835540.jpg

Beyond stoked. So forgive my ignorance but as far as application is it 2x a day after shower? Or just am or pm? Also is it on entire head? My hair is pretty good except just slight receding in the front I want to rid myself of. Thanks again dsade !!

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
DSade,

Is this available for purchase. . . The shopify site site says preorder in the description. Wanting to give this a go for a bit. . especially in regards to my question via PM.

Thanks!

-Matt

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Twice a day application.

Presale is shipping, gotta change the product.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Need this. Ran v1. Need to see how this compares.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Need this. Ran v1. Need to see how this compares.
Right now I am shaved, but if I don't shave for 2 days I can see some growth up front.