EvoMuse Virile Mane Enhanced

CF2

Awards
  • Established
Impressive!
Same goes for your ingredient list. Actually, I have to say I was very impressed! Was worried about the NGF after first Googling at first but it's pro-NGF (or a mix of both) which would be bad. Not seeing anything about 4-methylcatechol inducing pro-NGF when Googling so yeah, that's a nice looking ingredient, and a novel angle as well for a commercial hair loss product.

I recall Aconiti Ciliare Tuber Extract being an ingredient which was planned. Is that still going to be part of the formula?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same goes for your ingredient list. Actually, I have to say I was very impressed! Was worried about the NGF after first Googling at first but it's pro-NGF (or a mix of both) which would be bad. Not seeing anything about 4-methylcatechol inducing pro-NGF when Googling so yeah, that's a nice looking ingredient, and a novel angle as well for a commercial hair loss product.

I recall Aconiti Ciliare Tuber Extract being an ingredient which was planned. Is that still going to be part of the formula?
Still in there...I was going to post that study on Monday.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19915488

Effects of 4-methylcatechol on skin reinnervation: promotion of cutaneous nerve regeneration after crush injury.
J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 2009 (12):1269-81
Yu-Lin Hsieh, Whei-Min Lin, June-Horng Lue, Ming-Fong Chang, Sung-Tsang Hsieh

We assessed the effects of treatment with 4-methylcatechol (4MC), a known inducer of nerve growth factor, on peripheral nerve regeneration by analyzing cutaneous and muscular reinnervation in mice after sciatic nerve crush injury. At 3 months postinjury, the skin innervation index was significantly higher in the 4MC group than the control group (p=0.0002); there was also increased unmyelinated fiber density (p=0.0042) and unmyelinated fibers/Remak bundle (p = 0.001) in sural nerves, indicating unmyelinated nerve fiber regeneration. These changes were accompanied by increases of transcripts for nerve growth factor (p = 0.0026) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (p=0.03) in the 4MC group. In contrast, muscle innervation indices were similar in both groups and were higher than the skin innervation index (p < 0.0001). The regeneration of myelinated nerve fibers, as assessed by fiber density, diameter and g ratio analyses in sural nerves, and amplitudes of muscle action potential in sciatic nerves, was similar in both groups. Taken together, these data suggest that 4MC specifically promoted the regeneration of unmyelinated nerve fibers and reinnervation of the skin by increasing the expression of nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Might as well post it now...

Life Sci. 2012 Nov 2;91(19-20):935-43. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2012.09.008. Epub 2012 Sep 21.
Hair growth-promoting effect of Aconiti Ciliare Tuber extract mediated by the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling.
Park PJ, Moon BS, Lee SH, Kim SN, Kim AR, Kim HJ, Park WS, Choi KY, Cho EG, Lee TR.
Author information
Abstract
AIMS:

The activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway plays an important role in hair follicle morphogenesis by stimulating bulge stem cells. This study was to obtain the activator of Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway from natural products and to determine whether this activator can induce anagen hair growth in mice.
MAIN METHODS:

To identify materials that activate Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway, 800 natural product extracts were screened using pTOPFlash assay and neural progenitor cell (NPC) differentiation assay. A selected extract was further tested for its effects on alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity in human immortalized dermal papilla cell (iDPC) and the proliferation in iDPC and immortalized rat vibrissa DPC (RvDP). Finally, hair growth-promoting effects were evaluated in the dorsal skin of C57BL/6 mice.
KEY FINDINGS:

Aconiti Ciliare Tuber (ACT) extract was one of the most active materials in both pTOPFlash and NPC differentiation assays. It promoted the differentiation of NPC cells even under proliferation-stimulating conditions (basic fibroblast growth factor: bFGF). It also increased ALP activity and proliferation of iDPC in dose-dependent manners, and it stimulated the induction of the anagen hair growth in C57BL/6 mice. These results suggest that ACT extract activates the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway by enhancing β-catenin transcription and has the potential to promote the induction of hair growth via activation of the stem cell activity of the dermal papilla cells.
SIGNIFICANCE:

This is the first report indicating benefits of ACT extract in hair loss prevention by triggering the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway and induction of the anagen hair growth in mice.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obviously no Heparin...

Panminerva Med. 2011 Sep;53(3 Suppl 1):51-5.
Aescin: microcirculatory activity. Effects of accessory components on clinical and microcirculatory efficacy.
Luzzi R, Feragalli B, Belcaro G, Cesarone MR, Cornelli U, Dugall M, Hosoi M.
Author information
Abstract
AIM:

This study was performed to test the hypothesis that the heparin and phosphatidylcholine (PDC) included in Aescin gel formulations had the main role of allowing a better penetration of Aescin without important pharmacodynamic effects. Heparin and PDC should be considered as "enhancers". They do not have - at the dosage used - a specific or independent action. An open, registry study of patients - a group with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) and a group of patients with diabetic microangiopathy were completed.
METHODS:

In patients with CVI and in patients with diabetic microangiopathy, we used a commercial gel preparation containing Aescin, PDC and heparin (group A). The first group of patients used the full complex. The second group used the complex without PDC (group B) and the third (group C) used the complex without heparin.
RESULTS:

In both studies the different groups of patients were comparable. In CVI patients (mean age 44.5; SD 2.4; range 40-50) venous microangiopathy was present at the perimalleolar region. Aescin produced comparable microcirculatory results with and without the two other components. Transcutaneus PO2 [TcPO2] increased in all groups. Transcutaneus PCO2 (TcCO2) decreases. The increased Laser Doppler Flux (LDF) (typical of CVI) decreased towards normality. The local Plasma Free Radicals [PFR] levels decreased as the result of better skin perfusion (P<0.05). Comparable data were observed in subjects with diabetic microangiopathy (mean age 46.5; SD 3.1). In these patients the compound was applied at the dorsum of the foot. TcPO2 increased with treatment. TcPCO2, skin flux and PFR decreased towards normal levels (P<0.05).
CONCLUSION:

In conclusion Aescin improves the microcirculation and PFR. Heparin and PDC - included in the gel - have an ancillary role. An improved perfusion and nutrition of the skin was observed both in diabetic and venous microangiopathy. This may possibly contribute in the reduction of the incidence of ulceration associated with diabetic and venous microangiopathy. Aescin-based products may be included in a more complex management plan, including several systemic and local treatments.

PMID:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/20/10/1353.short

and

J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012 May;138(5):785-97. doi: 10.1007/s00432-012-1152-z. Epub 2012 Jan 24.
Escin augments the efficacy of gemcitabine through down-regulation of nuclear factor-κB and nuclear factor-κB-regulated gene products in pancreatic cancer both in vitro and in vivo.
Wang YW, Wang SJ, Zhou YN, Pan SH, Sun B.
Author information
Abstract
PURPOSE:

Pancreatic cancer is an aggressive malignancy, which generally develops resistance to chemotherapy. Agents that are safe and can sensitize cancer to chemotherapy are urgently needed. Escin, a natural mixture of triterpene saponins isolated from Aesculus wilsonii Rehd, has been demonstrated to possess anti-cancer activity both in vitro and in vivo. The anti-cancer activity of escin could be, in part, due to the inactivation of nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB). In contrast, chemotherapy including gemcitabine could activate NF-κB and lead to chemoresistance. Here, for the first time, we investigated whether escin, via the inactivation of NF-κB, would potentiate the antitumor activity of gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer.
METHODS:

Cell viability and proliferation, apoptosis, NF-κB activity and the expression of NF-κB-linked genes were all examined in vitro. The antitumor effect of escin with or without gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer was also assessed using BxPC-3 xenografts subcutaneously established in BALB/c nude mice.
RESULTS:

Escin not only potentiated the proliferation-inhibiting and apoptosis-inducing effect of gemcitabine in both BxPC-3 and PANC-1 cell lines in vitro, but also dramatically enhanced its suppressive effect on tumor growth in nude mice. The mechanism is at least partially due to the inhibition of NF-κB activity and consequent inhibition of c-Myc, COX-2, Cyclin D1, Survivin, Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL, and the activation of caspase-3.
CONCLUSION:

These data suggest that escin, via inactivation of NF-κB, could potentiate the efficacy of gemcitabine in combating pancreatic cancer, which could be a novel and potentially important therapeutic approach for the treatment for pancreatic cancer.

PMID:

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eta?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Where can we get this and nerve restore Dsade? I've been looking all over

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to get the website up...but the server is fried.

I'll probably have to reopen the Facebook store for this.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to get the website up...but the server is fried. I'll probably have to reopen the Facebook store for this.
I don't have FB :-( can I direct buy from Paypal

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Trying to get the website up...but the server is fried.

I'll probably have to reopen the Facebook store for this.
Awesome Dsade
Please keep us updated on when you do.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade, could you tell us why using Raspberry ketones in the original viril mane was not a good choice? Sorry if it has already been explained but I can't find the answer. Thanks.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade, could you tell us why using Raspberry ketones in the original viril mane was not a good choice? Sorry if it has already been explained but I can't find the answer. Thanks.
For a dude with a pic of He-Man in his avatar,this is a lame question.

I already covered TRPV1 activation in the original formula. The problem is that you can over or under activate it.

in the new version we hit that perfect balance.
Here's your answer from 3 pages back in this thread.

Actually,that is a lame question for *anyone* to ask.

Kindly do not chip away at D Sade's time with such questions.Doing so will leave him with less time to get his new products out.

You foolish bastard.Do you want to make us all bald?

hehe.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For a dude with a pic of He-Man in his avatar,this is a lame question. Here's your answer from 3 pages back in this thread. Actually,that is a lame question for *anyone* to ask. Kindly do not chip away at D Sade's time with such questions.Doing so will leave him with less time to get his new products out. You foolish bastard.Do you want to make us all bald? hehe.
Oh really? Well when he released the original version as long as I remember he was saying that he was using the exact same dosage that was used in the study he was mentioning at that time. So it was under or over activated in that study?

And I have to say the foolish bastard is probably you if you think a topical solution (that in few years we will hear again it was under or over activating) will save any of your hair :) you better start shaving your hair already.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By the way what does under or over activation mean? Does it mean it will not work enough or work so well you'll look like a gorilla? Hehe.. Yeah I know it's probably another lame question specially from a he-man avatar.

CF2

Awards
  • Established
By the way what does under or over activation mean? Does it mean it will not work enough or work so well you'll look like a gorilla? Hehe.. Yeah I know it's probably another lame question specially from a he-man avatar.
I'm far from an expert on this, but I believe I can help answer this question. There is a study* which shows capsaicin could be used to reduce unwanted hair growth, which in the context of trying to regrow hair would be an overactivation of TRPV1. Underactivation would be using so little that no effects are seen.

My limited understanding is that a TRPV1 agonist is believed to work by increasing IGF-1, which is one of the effects of Sophora Flavescens. I see no TRPV1 agonists posted in the ingredient list so far, perhaps dsade decided to just go after the IGF-1 angle with the Sophora Flavescens?

*Cannot post link, study name is: A Hot New Twist to Hair Biology - Involvement of Vanilloid Receptor-1 (VR1/TRPV1) Signaling in Human Hair Growth Control

CF2

Awards
  • Established
At his FB page facebook.com/evolutionarymuse there is a link to the online store where it can be purchased.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At his FB page facebook.com/evolutionarymuse there is a link to the online store where it can be purchased.
I don't have FB. Can you post the link or pm me please

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Bought a bottle and just in time. Minoxidil just isn't cutting it these days.

2 questions for Dsade.

How long will a bottle last?

How long to see results?

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh really? Well when he released the original version as long as I remember he was saying that he was using the exact same dosage that was used in the study he was mentioning at that time. So it was under or over activated in that study?

And I have to say the foolish bastard is probably you if you think a topical solution (that in few years we will hear again it was under or over activating) will save any of your hair :) you better start shaving your hair already.
Whoa there,fella.I was just joking.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does the store have the nerve restore for sale as well?
Not until next week.

Full writeup for Virile Mane should be released next week. The main TRPV1 agonist used in the formula is going to be the same ingredient we used in the Eviscerate BFF, the Stearoyl Vanillylamide. It has taken me many many months of experimentation to get the dosage dialed in, but the results so far from beta testing have been rapid, provided you avoid strong cycles.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really excited to see this one being released and excited to hear what others have to say about it.

My hair thinning has slowed pretty well, but it definitely isn't the steel wool that it once was lol. I'll be testing this out sometime in the future for sure.

CF2

Awards
  • Established
Dying for the full write-up. I'm really interested in hearing more about the TRPV1 angle. I've placed my order. :yup:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dying for the full write-up. I'm really interested in hearing more about the TRPV1 angle. I've placed my order. :yup:
I can't wait, either.

Also looking forward to hearing your feedback after you have a chance to use it.

Reactions: CF2
abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Purchasing one today. Can't wait to see what it can do

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

gtlifter32

Awards
I snagged one of these myself on the 24th. When do you guys think they'll land? I haven't gotten a tracking # or anything.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I snagged one of these myself on the 24th. When do you guys think they'll land? I haven't gotten a tracking # or anything.
PM me your name and I can manually send tracking. They shipped out Priority Mail this week, so they should be landing anytime.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure it will come with them, but what is the dosing protocol?

Also, since I'm currently using minoxidil, can I combine the two or should I separate the administration?

gtlifter32

Awards
I'm sure it will come with them, but what is the dosing protocol?
Curious about this myself. Not that I care about a label but I dont see that info on the website where I ordered. Sorry I don't mean to be a pain in the ass.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dosing Protocol:

One application in the morning. Be sparing with it, you don't need to go nuts. Use the dispenser tip to part the hair, hold the part with your fingers, and apply to the scalp. Rub it in with your finger for 10-15 seconds per spot.

One application in the evening, same instructions.

If you are going to use it with Minoxidil, use the Virile mane first and the minoxidil afterwards. The VM carrier is designed for quick penetration, whereas in my experience the Minoxidil "carrier" isn't much of anything special, and it just kind of sits there on the scalp waiting to soak in.

These are 4 ounce bottles, and they should last you at least 2 months.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Use ED or EOD? And will one application be sufficient enough or it needs to be two?

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
I just got mine yesterday. Does it matter if your hair has gel or anything in it? How long Should you wait to shampoo?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got mine yesterday. Does it matter if your hair has gel or anything in it? How long Should you wait to shampoo?
Preferably apply it after shampoo and shower, but the gel doesn't matter. You're rubbing directly into te scalp itself.

if you do shower after, try to wait at least an hour free application.

cosmosis

Awards
Question?

What is a reasonable expectation for Virile Mane? Maintenance of existing hair? Regrowth? If so, how much?

I'm 38 years old with temple recession for the better part of 10 years, but still thick hair overall. I would say Norwood 2

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
The way it dries gives a positive cosmetic effect to my hairline, but a negative one to my crown.

So I'm breaking even basically, til it starts to work.

I'm dressing as Andrew Napolitano for Halloween, so I need a hairline down to my forhead by then.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question?

What is a reasonable expectation for Virile Mane? Maintenance of existing hair? Regrowth? If so, how much?

I'm 38 years old with temple recession for the better part of 10 years, but still thick hair overall. I would say Norwood 2
Honest question....are you taking any androgens?