dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be up for either strip or blood testing for my log (which will be at least 2 bottles, maybe more) should that be an option.
Well, I cant afford to send you a blood meter, so I'll send you strips.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be starting this up tonight.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will do the pee test for IF. Just did a crazy hiit session totally fasted.. Going on 21 hours breaking the fast now.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The good news: I have keto breath
The bad news: I have keto breath

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will do the pee test for IF. Just did a crazy hiit session totally fasted.. Going on 21 hours breaking the fast now.
my flight keeps getting delayed and im changing time zones... my fast is gonna be 28+hrs... bleh

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you just dosing at night cheda?
Yes. The first day (yesterday) I dosed at 1 pm and then at 1 am (this morning) but from here on out all will be before bed as directed. Although that double dose seemed to be REAL potent

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can already see this being a staple. In order for me to get below 10% I need to be in ketosis. If I can still get away with some carb intake to keep muscle nice and full and keep from feeling like sht AND then hit ketosis during my fast.... This will be a staple product. This summer will be the test.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will be knocking back dose 1 in about an hour!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, guys...I finally got a few minutes to do some verification...

See, this is what Diesel pointed out:

"One of the cheapest and easiest ways to measure ketones is to use ketone test strips, e.g. Ketostix. Ketone test strips use a chemical reaction to measure acetoacetate (see below), usually in urine, though the same method can be used for blood. (Not to be confused with the blood strips used at home for beta-hydroxybutyrate.) However, acetoacetate test strips are of limited usefulness. For one thing, urine concentrations are affected by dilution, which means that they are affected by how much you drink.

But the problem is deeper than that. Acetoacetate is only one of the three ketone bodies (see below). Initially, when you start a ketogenic diet, acetoacetate will make up about half of the circulating ketones [1], but when you are keto-adapted, it makes up only about 20% of the ketone bodies in circulation (see below). Morover, the sensitivity of the strips is a little lower than optimal for our purposes. They register negative unless the concentration is quite high."

http://www.ketotic.org/2014/04/keto-adapted-but-no-ketones.html

Now, the keto sticks test, and react to, Acetoacetate, but we don't have Acetoacetate in the product. Yes, the BHB is a product of the metabolic breakdown of Acetoacetate, but the sticks don't react to BHB, which is what we use in KetoInduce. Therefore, the only way the sticks are measuring Acetoacetate, is through the induction of ketosis by KetoInduce.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My first ex-wife worked with autistic kids, but I'm sure as hell not gonna hit her up.

Do we have anyone here that does work with autistic kids, and has tried this approach?

http://jcn.sagepub.com/content/18/2/113.abstract

A pilot prospective follow-up study of the role of the ketogenic diet was carried out on 30 children, aged between 4 and 10 years, with autistic behavior. The diet was applied for 6 months, with continuous administration for 4 weeks, interrupted by 2-week diet-free intervals. Seven patients could not tolerate the diet, whereas five other patients adhered to the diet for 1 to 2 months and then discontinued it. Of the remaining group who adhered to the diet, 18 of 30 children (60%), improvement was recorded in several parameters and in accordance with the Childhood Autism Rating Scale. Significant improvement (> 12 units of the Childhood Autism Rating Scale) was recorded in two patients (pre-Scale: 35.00 ± 1.41 [mean ± SD]), average improvement (> 8—12 units) in eight patients (pre-Scale: 41.88 ± 3.14[mean ± SD]), and minor improvement (2—8 units) in eight patients (pre-Scale: 45.25 ± 2.76 [mean ± SD]). Although these data are very preliminary, there is some evidence that the ketogenic diet may be used in autistic behavior as an additional or alternative therapy. ( J Child Neurol 2003; 18: 113—118).

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Same on the more-frequent-urination crew.

Also woke up holding less water than usual this morning, despite a big meal after training last night and a taxing workout (normally causes me to hold more, too).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First dose down 2 hours post dinner to be safe.

Finishing up some stuff online and off to sleep!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same on the more-frequent-urination crew.

Also woke up holding less water than usual this morning, despite a big meal after training last night and a taxing workout (normally causes me to hold more, too).
This exactly. Was so shocked how light my stomach looked and felt in the am

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I need to be in this so I can get all the information!

I'm currently fasting about 14 hours a day. I was thinking of trying to go one to two days a week of a 24+ hour fast on off days, and then fast the next day until after my workout and then eat either the same calories as I am now, about 2300, or bump it to 3,000-3,500 on days after fasting for 24+ hours.

I know this is a more diet related question, but I'm also interested in how it would work with the product.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 hours is perfect. Enjoy your tasty sleep.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOW STOCK WARNING.

You guys have torn through 2 batches already. I am OUT of Orange flavoring, and they won't be shipping it until April 14th. I have about 20 units left.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dosed at 11 PM (finished eating at 9 PM) and went to lay down at midnight. Went to the bathroom immediately before lying down. Had a hard time falling asleep, but finally seemed to fall asleep only to wake up with the need to pee -- at 2 AM lol.

I normally sleep through the whole night without having to get up to use the bathroom, so that was unique.

Laid down for another half hour or so and said nuts to it since sleep wasn't happening. Lying on the couch watching old KotH episodes now and hoping I'll doze off for a bit. Planning on going to lift at 7 AM when the gym opens, so we shall see.

I think I'm just excited about the KI doing its thing more than anything else.

thebody47

thebody47

Awards
Ok, guys...I finally got a few minutes to do some verification...

See, this is what Diesel pointed out:

"One of the cheapest and easiest ways to measure ketones is to use ketone test strips, e.g. Ketostix. Ketone test strips use a chemical reaction to measure acetoacetate (see below), usually in urine, though the same method can be used for blood. (Not to be confused with the blood strips used at home for beta-hydroxybutyrate.) However, acetoacetate test strips are of limited usefulness. For one thing, urine concentrations are affected by dilution, which means that they are affected by how much you drink.

But the problem is deeper than that. Acetoacetate is only one of the three ketone bodies (see below). Initially, when you start a ketogenic diet, acetoacetate will make up about half of the circulating ketones [1], but when you are keto-adapted, it makes up only about 20% of the ketone bodies in circulation (see below). Morover, the sensitivity of the strips is a little lower than optimal for our purposes. They register negative unless the concentration is quite high."

http://www.ketotic.org/2014/04/keto-adapted-but-no-ketones.html

Now, the keto sticks test, and react to, Acetoacetate, but we don't have Acetoacetate in the product. Yes, the BHB is a product of the metabolic breakdown of Acetoacetate, but the sticks don't react to BHB, which is what we use in KetoInduce. Therefore, the only way the sticks are measuring Acetoacetate, is through the induction of ketosis by KetoInduce.
Which means nutritional ketosis is commencing?

thebody47

thebody47

Awards
Adding it to cart doesn't work. Tried it with multiple counts of strips and no luck.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which means nutritional ketosis is commencing?
Yes. The sticks only detect acetoacetate, but the ketone is the BHB salts. If BHB metabolized to acetoacetate then that would make sense, but there are none in the formula. For them to form and register in the stick must only come from being in ketosis.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If taking Metabolic Rebirth and Ketoinduce, any need to dose apart from each other?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, you're good.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
dsade how's stock looking on the 2nd run of KI at beta pricing? I want to pick up a 3rd maybe 4th tub along with ~6 months of Brite and some more slintensity/defuse. You think the KI will still be available when Brite is restocked this week?

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Oh and in other news, I'm roughly a month ahead of schedule in my cut thanks to E+, ECY, and Brite but was starting to slow a bit as I'm in that 12-13% deathtrap for me.

KI is pushing it along. I haven't lowered calories or increased cardio since starting KI and the fat loss is picking back up again.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have about 4 left.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Occasionally I have my dinner pretty late at night, about 2-3 hours before bed. Is it ok to dose Strafe and Ketoinduce at the same time in this instance/

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strafe has no carbs. You can dose them together all the time, in fact I recommend it to stimulate protein synthesis

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool, good to know. I see Strafe recommends taking it with protein when no protein has been ingested the previous 2 hours, I assume it should be alright to dose a low carb protein powder along with Strafe and KetoInduce as a kind of super pre bedtime recovery/fatloss drink?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Under 2 grams of sugar, yes

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fb says you were going to update stock, did this already happen? It was within the last hour and I wanted to grab one

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, several of the powders I utilize contain in the neighborhood of 3 grams of sugars. Here is a sample ingredient list with 3 grams of sugar from Syntrax Trophix, think the 3 grams of sugars (most likely dairy related) will be too much?

Total Carbohydrates 4 g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 3 g

Other Ingredients: Dairy protein blend (mik protein concentrate*, whey protein concentrate**), non-dairy protein blend (hydrolyzed wheat gluten***, egg albumin****, natural and artificial flavors, soy lecithin, salt, acesulfame-K, sucralose, vanilla bean powder.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, several of the powders I utilize contain in the neighborhood of 3 grams of sugars. Here is a sample ingredient list with 3 grams of sugar from Syntrax Trophix, think the 3 grams of sugars (most likely dairy related) will be too much?

Total Carbohydrates 4 g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 3 g

Other Ingredients: Dairy protein blend (mik protein concentrate*, whey protein concentrate**), non-dairy protein blend (hydrolyzed wheat gluten***, egg albumin****, natural and artificial flavors, soy lecithin, salt, acesulfame-K, sucralose, vanilla bean powder.
Try and get an isolate if you can. It'll probably work fine with the dose of the ALA in there.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
An hour and ten minutes sitting in torturous chairs at the "pain" clinic. Thought they were there to help.

Remaining KI is up at the store.

dafeesh34

Awards
Got home from out of town to a boxing this beautifulness
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459813359.338425.jpg

First dose coming in a few hours with strafe and met rebirth. Can't wait! Thanks Matt!

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Is it crazy to think, despite this being...day 4 or 5?...that I'm seeing some differences in the mirror?

Obliques and lower back appear to be leaning out nicely - and this is after a big Chipotle burrito + chips/salsa (as I normally do after bigger training days).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's where it hit me first, within a few days.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I may have to sell some plasma to get another bottle. :D

CJNator

Awards
dsade It seems like I'm holding more water then usual, can you think of any reason why?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm getting that in the last couple of days, oddly when I switched from sugary Hawaiian Punch to Diet Coke.

Are you using anything artificially sweetened?

CJNator

Awards
I'm getting that in the last couple of days, oddly when I switched from sugary Hawaiian Punch to Diet Coke.

Are you using anything artificially sweetened?
I'd have to watch what I eat today to let you know, I'm strictly calories in-calories out so its most likely possible.