EvoMuse Fat Loss Sponsored Log - Kaprice

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe the wrong thing to say in a sponsored log, but it's not about the supplements Kaprice. It's about hard work and dedication. The only thing stopping you is you! Personally, I think the contest is rigged in your favor. HIT4ME hairygrandpa don't stand a chance! Hit that spin class and you'll sweat 3 pounds off in an hour.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe the wrong thing to say in a sponsored log, but it's not about the supplements Kaprice. It's about hard work and dedication. The only thing stopping you is you! Personally, I think the contest is rigged in your favor. HIT4ME hairygrandpa don't stand a chance! Hit that spin class and you'll sweat 3 pounds off in an hour.
To quote Darth Vader (again) - "I find your lack of faith.....Disturbing."

Lol, I plan on doing this. My mentality is that when I was 290-300 I did some math and decided that at 160 pounds I should be right at 10% bodyfat. I've been working at this for a loooong time, years. I've been doing PSMF off and on for 18 months. I'm 177 now. I am RIGHT there. 20 pounds away and it just doesn't want to let me reach my goal. Almost 120 pounds down and the last 20 is putting up a fight. I haven't come all this way to give up now.

Hairygrandpa has some additional compounds he is taking, but honestly, I have experience on my side and those compounds won't necessarily help his scale weight. So it could be an advantage, could actually make him retain some weight.

KAPrice has his own path and I don't want to pressure him onto anyone elses path, but it would be great to have a ton of people in on this and he is obviously at the top of the list because he has his own great ideas and has seen success already.

Ii would say all three of us could point to something that gives us an advantage. But as far as I am concerned, I already lost the 18 pounds. It is gone. HGP threw down and I made up my mind and it is done. Its over. It's just a matter of who else is coming with me :)

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BOOM!! I'm in. I don't really want to loose 18 pounds, but realistically 10 pounds would get me close. Just weighed myself and I'm 188. You gonna start another thread, or just tag along on this one?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DAY 38 - Wednesday

Bed at 2:40a
Wake at 9:15a

Weight: 241.3

1 DCP / 1 Epitome / Brite
2 Ultimate Omega

Will be upper body, today.
HIT4ME did, I think 9 x 175 on the BB Bench press
I'm going to see if I can even get to 1 x 175. I don't think I'm there, yet.
Remember, last time I tried to bench heavy, my shoulder started giving warnings.
I've had good recuperation time and one shoulder rehab workout since then, but that's not likely enough for the shoulder to be at 100%

So, we'll see where we're at.

HIT, what's your 1 rep (or 5 rep) standing dumbbell curl?

Because remember, folks: The only measure of success is how well you do compared to the other guy! :)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Lol, my supplements include about 2 weeks of DCP, a bottle of supernova, and that is it at this point. I'm about out of everything. And I am an ambitious guy.

Juno out on that dance floor KAPrice! It is a 6 week challenge. No rules as to HOW you get there ...just 18 pounds in 6 weeks. You can do spinning classes for all I care. :)
Good to know on the supps.

As for rules, I meant I'm not fapping to Hillary!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Maybe the wrong thing to say in a sponsored log, but it's not about the supplements Kaprice. It's about hard work and dedication.
Yeah, I've been searching for hard work and dedication in small, sugar coated, chewable tablets. No luck, so far!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I received my order of Gut Health (2), Brite (1), and Dry-Uretix.

I don't imagine the Dry-Uretix (which was a free bonus with the order) will be useful unless and until I get down to a much lower body fat, so I'll put that in storage for a while. Hopefully, it has a long shelf life.

Actually, I just noticed the Exp Dt on it. April 2015! :eek:

dsade, do I need to worry about the expiration date of the Dry-Uretix?

Also, Gut Health says 2 a day for 5 days and then "as needed"

Can you give more guidance on that? What would indicate "as needed"?
No, not at all. That's why it's free.

As need means if drink alcohol, do a run of antibiotics, etc.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
As need means if drink alcohol, do a run of antibiotics, etc.
Well, I don't drink and I've only had antibiotics 3ish times in the past several years.

So, does that mean I never take gut health again after the first 5 days? Confused.

I was thinking this was a good daily supp. No?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bed at 2:40a
Wake at 9:15a

Weight: 241.3

1 DCP / 1 Epitome / Brite
2 Ultimate Omega

Will be upper body, today.

HIT4ME did, I think 9 x 175 on the BB Bench press
I'm going to see if I can even get to 1 x 175. I don't think I'm there, yet.
Remember, last time I tried to bench heavy, my shoulder started giving warnings.
I've had good recuperation time and one shoulder rehab workout since then, but that's not likely enough for the shoulder to be at 100%

So, we'll see where we're at.

HIT, what's your 1 rep (or 5 rep) standing dumbbell curl?

Because remember, folks: The only measure of success is how well you do compared to the other guy! :)
Yes, as of 2 days ago I hit 175 X 9 - going for 10 tonight. Don't kill yourself man, you don't have to catch me in a day and an injury will put you further behind. What I've been doing is benching every other day, for 3X per week. I spent 2 weeks at 1 set of 15 reps, I'm in the middle of 2 weeks of 1 X 10, and then I'll do 2 weeks of 1 X 5. This allows me to potentially increase weight 2X per week without really even pushing all that hard to be honest. Back off to 135 and see if you can get 15 reps. If you do get it, go to 140 in 2 days and try for 15 again. If you don't get it, stay at the weight until you get 15 reps, just keep doing a little extra. If you do this, you have potential to add 10 pounds/week if you are hitting your reps. In 2 weeks you'll be doing 155-165 for 15 reps maybe (at which point you'll be jumping to the 170 range to try for 10 reps.)

As for barbell curls - don't know my 1/5RM. I did 80 for 9 reps the other night - which was probably my best ever. I'd guess I could do 1 rep with 95-105.

Good to know on the supps.

As for rules, I meant I'm not fapping to Hillary!
Then deliver the goods, 18 pounds = no fapping.

Well, I don't drink and I've only had antibiotics 3ish times in the past several years.

So, does that mean I never take gut health again after the first 5 days? Confused.

I was thinking this was a good daily supp. No?
The directions on gut health are 2/day for 7-10 days I believe and then 1 per day after that. He is saying if you take antibiotics or drink, you may need to increase the dosage back to the 2 a day or as needed while you recover and the bacteria recolonizes.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
The directions on gut health are 2/day for 7-10 days I believe and then 1 per day after that. He is saying if you take antibiotics or drink, you may need to increase the dosage back to the 2 a day or as needed while you recover and the bacteria recolonizes.
Nope. It says 2 a day for 5 days, then 1 daily AS NEEDED.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Workout:

3 mins warmup on rower.

brief shoulder motion rehab

(rests between sets are typically 30 seconds, except for the low rep/high weight I go 45 to 60 second prior to that.
then 90 to 12 seconds between exercises)

barbell flat bench press:
Empty bar x 12
95 x 10
145 x 8
165 x 5
145 x 7
95 x 15

barbell incline bench press:
65 x 15
65 x 12

DB standing curl
15s x 12
20s x 10
25s x 8
30s x 6
35s x 5.5

Barbell standing curl
30 x 15
40 x 12
50 x 10

Standing DB overhead tri press
15 x 12
20 x 10
20 x 8
25 x 6

Pulley rope tri pull downs
22.5 x 12
27.5 x 10
32.5 x 8
37.5 5

15 mins on incline treadmill
1 min warm up
speec 3.2
alternate 100 paces (ever left foot) between incline 8 and 7, no rests.
HR up to 152
last 2 mins was a warmdown as I stepped first the incline and then the speed down.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How will you know you need some?

Ah, I know, HIT4ME could do the "Caveman" and have a look if its needed. LOL

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout:

3 mins warmup on rower.

Empty bar x 12
95 x 10
145 x 8
165 x 5
145 x 7
95 x 15

65 x 15
65 x 12

DB standing curl
15s x 12
20s x 10
25s x 8
30s x 6
35s x 5.5

Barbell standing curl
30 x 15
40 x 12
50 x 10

15 x 12
20 x 10
20 x 8
25 x 6

22.5 x 12
27.5 x 10
32.5 x 8
37.5 5

1 min warm up
speec 3.2
HR up to 152
last 2 mins was a warmdown as I stepped first the incline and then the speed down.
Oh, you are getting serious now? :)
Nice workout!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Well, exactly. I've asked dsade for clarification. He said when you drink or take antibiotics. I never do the former and seldom the latter, so I'm not sure when/if I would ever take it.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Oh, you are getting serious now? :)
Nice workout!
That's not too far off my upper body workouts since I started splitting them, other than I'm lifting heavier and adding a second, similar exercise for each body part.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not too far off my upper body workouts since I started splitting them, other than I'm lifting heavier and adding a second, similar exercise for each body part.
Keep doing that! Looks REALLY nice and dedicated.
How is the energy level while working out?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I think he means 1 time per day. Some people, IMO, can even get away with taking it a couple times a week. Once you have a healthy gut it becomes more about maintenance. I would take it once per day for the 2 months for the first bottle and see if you notice any improvements in any issues (bloating, gas, etc.). You may be surprised. Once you notice the improvement, you will be able to better tell when it is "needed". And maybe you won't notice any improvement and you don't need it at all...but a lot of people do.

Workout:

3 mins warmup on rower.

(rests between sets are typically 30 seconds, except for the low rep/high weight I go 45 to 60 second prior to that.
then 90 to 12 seconds between exercises)

Empty bar x 12
95 x 10
145 x 8
165 x 5
145 x 7
95 x 15

65 x 15
65 x 12

DB standing curl
15s x 12
20s x 10
25s x 8
30s x 6
35s x 5.5

Barbell standing curl
30 x 15
40 x 12
50 x 10

15 x 12
20 x 10
20 x 8
25 x 6

22.5 x 12
27.5 x 10
32.5 x 8
37.5 5

1 min warm up
speec 3.2
HR up to 152
That bench press felt good, didn't it? Right at my heels! Great workout, lots of work!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Ah, I know, HIT4ME could do the "Caveman" and have a look if its needed. LOL
Is this the replacement punishment if you don't want to fap to Hilary? You have to visually inspect KAPrice's gut health?

I've pretty much got my head up my own a$$ most of the time, so I can check my own health just fine.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Keep doing that! Looks REALLY nice and dedicated.
How is the energy level while working out?
Thanks! Energy level is actually great. I'm WIPED at the end though. But, right now, it's about 75 minutes after the workout and while my muscles keep reminding me we just worked out, I'm not wiped. I'm ready to get back to work.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think he means 1 time per day. Some people, IMO, can even get away with taking it a couple times a week. Once you have a healthy gut it becomes more about maintenance. I would take it once per day for the 2 months for the first bottle and see if you notice any improvements in any issues (bloating, gas, etc.). You may be surprised. Once you notice the improvement, you will be able to better tell when it is "needed". And maybe you won't notice any improvement and you don't need it at all...but a lot of people do.
Well, the wording is very confusing. Once per day as needed? That could mean so many things.

That bench press felt good, didn't it? Right at my heels! Great workout, lots of work!
Yep. And yes, catchup and surpassing you is a big motivator! :)

I realized that my shoulder seems to complain the most when I bring the bar all the way down to my chest. And, I've seen workout sample exercises where lifters don't do that. They stop an inch or two above the chest.

So, I tried that on the heavier lifts and my shoulder didn't complain. I actually found it a bit harder to do because, while I never BOUNCE off my chest, I did let my chest stop the momentum of the bar. So, stopping the down motion without the chest is probably a harder/better workout in addition to protecting my shoulders.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I've pretty much got my head up my own a$$ most of the time, so I can check my own health just fine.
That would explain your diet, then!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, the wording is very confusing. Once per day as needed? That could mean so many things.

Yep. And yes, catchup and surpassing you is a big motivator! :)

I realized that my shoulder seems to complain the most when I bring the bar all the way down to my chest. And, I've seen workout sample exercises where lifters don't do that. They stop an inch or two above the chest.

So, I tried that on the heavier lifts and my shoulder didn't complain. I actually found it a bit harder to do because, while I never BOUNCE off my chest, I did let my chest stop the momentum of the bar. So, stopping the down motion without the chest is probably a harder/better workout in addition to protecting my shoulders.
Nice job increasing the weight. One thing that I found that helped me break plateaus on max weight PR's is to do my working sets and if I can hit those without failing or totally gassing I increase the weight and go for a few heavy double or single attempts at near maximal weight. Sometimes I even just practice unracking a heavier weight than I can press or squat. By getting a feel for the max weight I feel like it helps the CNS adapt. I only do this on occasion maybe 1-2 times a month.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
About an hour before my workout, I had a protein shake (2sc Whey in 1.5c whole milk + 1 tbsp blended fiber powder).

Just before leaving for the workout, I applied SN to core and chest. I wiped excess on shoulders and arms, but not a full application there.

I had a good sweat, but I can't say it's more than I have without SN.

Post workout weight: 239.8
My low was on 9/3 at 239, but I hedged to get there by eating very little on that day and the day before and doing a brisk walk in the morning AND an extended workout that day.

After hitting that weight, I jumped back up and bounced between 242 and 245 for the next 2 weeks.

So, today's weight of 239.8 feels more like real weight loss.

I don't REALLY trust the mirror because I've often looked at my body and decided it wasn't that bad -- until I saw a photograph of me in a swimsuit, for example, and realized just how fat I'd become.

That said, I really do feel the mirror is showing some very nice recomp.

And since the scale is going down while my max lifts are still going up, I think that supports the feeling.

This Sunday is picture day along with measurements, so I'm cautiously optimistic that I've had some nice improvements over the past two weeks.

I'll probably also take the pants pic to compare from about a month ago.

Post workout shake 2sc Whey, 1.75 whole milk. 1 tsp creatine. 1 tsp luecine.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Something to keep in mind with your shoulder - sometimes things that you think would make no difference make a huge difference. For me, when I watch others bench and was learning, I flared my elbows out to a 90 degree angle from my body to much. If I point my elbows just a little bit down as if they are pointing toward my feet a little (a little less than 90 degrees), my shoulders don't take as much pressure and I believe this is more of a powerlifting style. Putting your arms 90 degrees does stress the shoulder/front delt more.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Don't kill yourself man, you don't have to catch me in a day and an injury will put you further behind. What I've been doing is benching every other day, for 3X per week. I spent 2 weeks at 1 set of 15 reps, I'm in the middle of 2 weeks of 1 X 10, and then I'll do 2 weeks of 1 X 5. This allows me to potentially increase weight 2X per week without really even pushing all that hard to be honest. Back off to 135 and see if you can get 15 reps. If you do get it, go to 140 in 2 days and try for 15 again. If you don't get it, stay at the weight until you get 15 reps, just keep doing a little extra. If you do this, you have potential to add 10 pounds/week if you are hitting your reps. In 2 weeks you'll be doing 155-165 for 15 reps maybe (at which point you'll be jumping to the 170 range to try for 10 reps.)
That sounds like advice from a man who's worried I'm going to catch up and pass him! :booty:

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's an interesting observation. My elbows are definitely 90 degrees. I'll experiment with that.
The flared elbows can be very effective at increasing chest mass but does put the shoulder girdle in a precarious position. Doing this for 15 years is what I believe caused my eventual shoulder issues. I definitely use a narrower grip these days and focus on elbow position. It takes time to relearn properly and adjust to lifting the same weight again but it is much safer for long term shoulder health.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That sounds like advice from a man who's worried I'm going to catch up and pass him! :booty:
Lol, maybe a little...nah, not really. I KNOW you can catch me. You are very close. I know you have it in you and I know you will be able to beat me, and the fact that you are trying is motivating me greatly!

You may not know it but your hard work motivates me. Keep it up!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I took 2 Gut Health with dinner last night and tonight.

Today's macros
Cal: 2150
F: 73
C: 84
P: 234

Dinner was grilled chicken breast in a salad. I didn't count the veggies in the salad, other than some avocado in my macros.

DANG! I forgot I had a glass of Apple Juice with my meal.

That changes macros to:
Cal: 2218
C: 138

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
You know how sometimes you reach into the pocket of pants or a coat you haven't worn for a while and you discover a twenty dollar bill?

Well, that didn't happen to me.

BUT, I found an extra bottle of Epitome in a box from our move. I'd forgotten I had it. So I'll have Epitome probably through the end of October. Yay!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BTW, I took 2 Gut Health with dinner last night and tonight.

Today's macros
Cal: 2150
C: 84

Dinner was grilled chicken breast in a salad. I didn't count the veggies in the salad, other than some avocado in my macros.

DANG! I forgot I had a glass of Apple Juice with my meal.

That changes macros to:
Cal: 2652 !!
F: 117
C: 118
P: 264.23

What? Does apple juice really have that much fat in it? Going to check the label.
Isn't it amazing what you find out when you start reading labels? It's crazy the number of things that I thought were "healthy" before that ended up being absolutely horrible.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Isn't it amazing what you find out when you start reading labels? It's crazy the number of things that I thought were "healthy" before that ended up being absolutely horrible.
I had bad data. I went and checked the label and updated my post. Not as bad as it first looked. But, your point still stands.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Well, I took my final capsule of DCP, tonight (Wednesday). Looks like I'll be going the next few weeks without DCP (EvoMuse sold out).

I still have 2 whole bottles of Brite
Maybe 1/5 bottle of SuperNova
Maybe 3 or 4 doses of Abliderated Advanced
1.5 bottles of Epitome
and about 1/4 to 1/3 bottle of AMMO
2 full bottles of Gut Health (less 4 caps)
A nearly full bottle of Defuse
So, my stack isn't lacking much.

I'm still hoping dsade will sponsor another bottle of SuperNova.

We'll see what the body measurements and pics turn up on Saturday or Sunday, but one thing I do know... the SURFACE fat (can't recall the overly complex medical term for it) is definitely shrinking. I can pinch far less than I used to. And, I THINK my chest and shoulder area is looking much more defined due to less fat showing there.

Hopefully the weekend won't prove me wrong.

However, we'll be celebrating my 55th birthday this weekend and I don't plan to avoid the yummies. Hopefully Defuse will reduce the damage. But mainly, I don't want the celebration to ruin my measurements and pics. I'll probably do like I did for date night last Friday -- just fast up until the party and then enjoy but limit portions. Plus Defuse.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DAY 39 - Thursday

Bed at 2:30a
Up at 9:45a

Morning, preworkout, post BM weight: 240.4

I'm pretty sure that's a new pre-workout low record.

I wasn't planning on running, today, but I might, just to reach a new post workout record low. Still thinking on it.

10:24a
Epitome/Ammo/Brite
Ultimate Omega

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I took my final capsule of DCP, tonight (Wednesday). Looks like I'll be going the next few weeks without DCP (EvoMuse sold out).

I still have 2 whole bottles of Brite
Maybe 1/5 bottle of SuperNova
Maybe 3 or 4 doses of Abliderated Advanced
1.5 bottles of Epitome
and about 1/4 to 1/3 bottle of AMMO
2 full bottles of Gut Health (less 4 caps)
A nearly full bottle of Defuse
So, my stack isn't lacking much.

I'm still hoping dsade will sponsor another bottle of SuperNova.

We'll see what the body measurements and pics turn up on Saturday or Sunday, but one thing I do know... the SURFACE fat (can't recall the overly complex medical term for it) is definitely shrinking. I can pinch far less than I used to. And, I THINK my chest and shoulder area is looking much more defined due to less fat showing there.

Hopefully the weekend won't prove me wrong.

However, we'll be celebrating my 55th birthday this weekend and I don't plan to avoid the yummies. Hopefully Defuse will reduce the damage. But mainly, I don't want the celebration to ruin my measurements and pics. I'll probably do like I did for date night last Friday -- just fast up until the party and then enjoy but limit portions. Plus Defuse.
I'm noticing some changes from the SN. I'm running low on my first bottle and it's gotten really pasty and difficult to apply. It's kind of a pain actually. But, I am noticing some firming and skin improving effects. I have been putting it on my belly mostly and the skin there has become very soft and smooth, etc. And the razor burn from shaving has decreased considerably. I see some improvement in definition in the mirror, but the scale hasn't shown any change.

Bed at 2:30a
Up at 9:45a

Morning, preworkout, post BM weight: 240.4

I'm pretty sure that's a new pre-workout low record.

I wasn't planning on running, today, but I might, just to reach a new post workout record low. Still thinking on it.

10:24a
Epitome/Ammo/Brite
Ultimate Omega
Great work on the new low! Push for that record man. You're gonna get to your goal weight! It's not an option.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
A few of us have found that running the bottle under hot water (or holding in a sink of hot water for a couple minutes helps a lot with the SN thickness.

Razor burn? On your belly?

You're probably due for another set of progress pics.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A few of us have found that running the bottle under hot water (or holding in a sink of hot water for a couple minutes helps a lot with the SN thickness.

Razor burn? On your belly?

You're probably due for another set of progress pics.
Yes, I saw that in the other thread, I'm gonna hafta try that at some point.

Yes, I have to shave my torso, I'm as hairy as hairygrandpa...so when using transdermals, I have to clear out the forest.

Progress pics this Sunday.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I have to shave my torso, I'm as hairy as hairygrandpa...so when using transdermals, I have to clear out the forest.

Progress pics this Sunday.
Well, if you're starting to look like hairy grandpa, I can understand why you'd panic and start shaving your torso! No one wants that! :)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
You know what really bothers me?

When people talk about their PWO shake -- as if that's supposed to MEAN something.

I mean PRE WO shake and POST WO shake are both PWO. So why do people use that acronym?

Bugs the heck out of me.

Also, I hate "bi-monthly". Because it could mean twice a month OR every other month. BIG difference! Why would they do that? What's wrong with people!

/rant

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I took Brite / Epitome just before dinner.

Thursday's macros:

Cal: 1850
F: 87
C: 112
P: 140

I ended up not running, today.

I'm still feeling yesterday's upper body workout in chest and shoulders. Bi and Tri feel fully recovered, though.

Tomorrow is lower body.

10:15p SuperNova on Core and chest.

11:00p Brite / 2 Ammo

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I don't recall ever seeing this before. My veins are visible in my upper chest, just below my shoulder. They're not popping out. Just visible, as though my skin is becoming more translucent.

Frankly, it looks more sickly than cut, buff, or healthy.

But, is SuperNova doing this? Is it a good sign?

I first noticed them tonight as I was applying SN. I left the bathroom to get my camera and when I got back to the mirror, they were not quite as visible.

Can you see them in these photos?

Thoughts?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
dsade, and you look at those vein pics and give me your opinion?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Bed at 1a.
Got to sleep fairly quickly but woke up again in 45 mins. Was mostly struggling to get to sleep for the next 2 hours.
That's what happens when you train your body that bedtime is 3am!

Up at 9a. But, laid around and napped again until 11:30.

Weight: 241.1

Showered.
SuperNova on core, butt, thighs.
Brite / Ammo
Ultimate Omega

I also take droppers of B-Complex daily, but seldom think to log them.

Lower body workout coming up at 1p.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't recall ever seeing this before. My veins are visible in my upper chest, just below my shoulder. They're not popping out. Just visible, as though my skin is becoming more translucent.

Frankly, it looks more sickly than cut, buff, or healthy.

But, is SuperNova doing this? Is it a good sign?

I first noticed them tonight as I was applying SN. I left the bathroom to get my camera and when I got back to the mirror, they were not quite as visible.

Can you see them in these photos?

Thoughts?

View attachment 140276

View attachment 140277

View attachment 140278

View attachment 140279

View attachment 140280
It's definitely a good sign that you are getting leaner if you never seen them before.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think those pics are anything to worry about. You are fairly light skinned it looks like (I am similar) and you are getting leaner while also lifting weights and increasing blood flow to your limbs - those vessels are getting bigger and more robust and should be easier to see against a light background. If you had a tan, you wouldn't see them at all. Unfortunately, you are like me....WAF.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely a good sign that you are getting leaner if you never seen them before.
In fairness, I guess I'd have to clarify that I've never NOTICED them before. Could be they were there and I just wasn't paying attention.

But, thanks!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I don't think those pics are anything to worry about. You are fairly light skinned it looks like (I am similar) and you are getting leaner while also lifting weights and increasing blood flow to your limbs - those vessels are getting bigger and more robust and should be easier to see against a light background. If you had a tan, you wouldn't see them at all. Unfortunately, you are like me....WAF.
I'm only light skinned because I practically never go out in the sun with my shirt off. I tan quite nicely when I take the time to do so.

But, I get your point.

I'll work on a tan as I get closer to my goal weight.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Good lower body workout (fasted) at 1p

Leg Press Machine
100 x 12
130 x 10
175 x 8
235 x 6
265 x 6
295 x 6
325 x 8 To Failure -- this is the machine's max.

Seated Leg Ext Machine
40 x 12
70 x 10
100 x 8
130 x 6
160 x 8
115 x 12 to near failure
85 x 15 to failure

Seated Leg Curl
40 x 12
70 x 10
85 x 8
115 x 6
130 x 6
145 x 6 to failure

for comparison, on 8/19, my max was 85 x 10

Horizontal Leg Curl
40 x 15 to near failure
55 x 12 to near failure

Machine calf ext
100 x 12
130 x 10
175 x 8
250 x 12

200 toe steps
150 heal steps

100 lunge steps (rests at 21 or 14)
100 hindu squats (4 sets 25)

Post workout weight: 239
that matches my low, but I believe this is more natural because I had a full dinner last night, whereas before, I nearly fasted for 2 days prior and had a brisk walk plus an extended workout just before weighing.

Goal: 235 on or before Saturday 9/23.
I think I can do it because of what I mentioned above and the fact that I've had a couple weeks of no weight loss.

Post WO shake
2 cups whole milk, 2sc whey protein, 1tsp luecine, 1tsp creatine, 1/4 banana, 2 frozen strawberries.