Everything MLB 2012, Come On In!!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They started the season on fire! Lately though... Damn...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Angels still not doing to hot, totally bummed.

Otherwise I have been to like 8 or 10 Nationals games and they are having a good season so I'll say it has still been a good season for baseball for me overall.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spoken like a Cowboy!

How is that trillion dollar big screen of yours working out for you?

scw538

scw538

Awards
Screen is awesome. God needed a big screen so he could watch his team.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big bump. The AL East and the Rays are driving me crazy! I finally made it to a game, too.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been to like 10 Nationals games. They are good this year so it's been fun. I read like their rookie Bryce Harper. When he got beaned by the Phillys pitcher his pay back was to steal home on him lol. He's got an arm on him too man. Seen him stop the run for home with a straight throw from the far outfield. The runner saw the ball pass him up and just gave up lol. Plus all the tix were free so that's a bonus.

Xtweak05

Xtweak05

Awards
EDIT: I wrote in Bryce Harper.

:D:D:D
I approve.

I'm an Angels fan, but considering I live in Virginia and the Nationals are always on tv I've grown emotionally attached to them and find myself rooting for them often. I'd say they're my NL Team.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It looks like the Nats have been exciting to watch this year, too. I watched the Rays game yesterday while at work yesterday. I was called in for 16 hours. :eek: Too bad that wasn't today as they should be playing a double header.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I approve.

I'm an Angels fan, but considering I live in Virginia and the Nationals are always on tv I've grown emotionally attached to them and find myself rooting for them often. I'd say they're my NL Team.
I also am Angels fan but live in DC so I watch the Nats all the time.

Harper is awesome. Some compare him to the Angels Trout, only with more longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought you might pop in for some Nats talk. Have you been to any of the Interleague games?

Xtweak05

Xtweak05

Awards
It looks like the Nats have been exciting to watch this year, too. I watched the Rays game yesterday while at work yesterday. I was called in for 16 hours. :eek: Too bad that wasn't today as they should be playing a double header.
I was called in for 12 myself. Not even 10 minutes into a 45 minute cardio session. Ah yes, real life.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cards are only 2 games out of first, now (after the W, today and L's by the Reds and Bucs).

Beltran has been awesome. Holliday is actually putting up some numbers, Freese is doing great and Craig has been on a tear ever since coming back from the DL.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
...and the cubs are at all time new level of blowing.

this year I decided to be a wrigley field fan, not a cubs fan

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. Sorry about that...:D

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought you might pop in for some Nats talk. Have you been to any of the Interleague games?
Haven't. I was able to get tix for tw Nats v Yankees game, but had to come out here to the west coast. Gave the tix to a friend.

I live only 2 miles or so from the Nats stadium and since I get so many free tickets and since they are fun to watch this year they are becoming my NL team as well. Still an Angels fan always though.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...and the cubs are at all time new level of blowing.

this year I decided to be a wrigley field fan, not a cubs fan
Yeah it's ruff to be a cubs fan sometimes.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rangers surging in first place.Was hoping to make a couple of games this season but it is looking doubtful.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Surprised Napoli got the the All Star nod this year.A lot of catchers having a much better season.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Surprised Napoli got the the All Star nod this year.A lot of catchers having a much better season.
Same with Posey in the NL. Should've been Ruiz first, then Yadi, then Posey. All about name recognition, sadly.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My boy prince is lighting it up!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same with Posey in the NL. Should've been Ruiz first, then Yadi, then Posey. All about name recognition, sadly.
Posey's name in the hat was a joke. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

People must feel bad cause he couldn't handle getting trucked over.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Posey's name in the hat was a joke. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

People must feel bad cause he couldn't handle getting trucked over.
Like I said, all name recognition. You've got a bunch of people who get voted in simply because people remember their names, or their young, etc. I crunched numbers on a lot of the players, this year, after all the whining that La Russa was snubbing Phillips and Cueto. Phillips probably should have made it, but that's the fault of the voters, not TLR. As for Cueto, his ERA is good, but his other stats weren't that impressive in relation to other guys.

But yeah, Posey should have never made it. They need a new way of voting players in than just the fans. Or at the very least, remove the ability to vote 25 times per e-mail address, which is just a joke to inflate numbers.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like I said, all name recognition. You've got a bunch of people who get voted in simply because people remember their names, or their young, etc. I crunched numbers on a lot of the players, this year, after all the whining that La Russa was snubbing Phillips and Cueto. Phillips probably should have made it, but that's the fault of the voters, not TLR. As for Cueto, his ERA is good, but his other stats weren't that impressive in relation to other guys.

But yeah, Posey should have never made it. They need a new way of voting players in than just the fans. Or at the very least, remove the ability to vote 25 times per e-mail address, which is just a joke to inflate numbers.
Agreed.Too many good players end up getting snubbed.Games getting ready to start.Time to kick back,relax and enjoy some baseball.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not what I expected, but I'm certainly happy as I remember that awful stretch of all the NL losses.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice way to end one`s career.Chipper had a great one.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was good to see the respect being displayed for Chipper.
No doubt. I've always loved Chipper.

Did you see the post in an article on Grantland questioning whether Kinsler let the ball go through to the outfield on purpose? Kind of interesting lol.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No doubt. I've always loved Chipper.

Did you see the post in an article on Grantland questioning whether Kinsler let the ball go through to the outfield on purpose? Kind of interesting lol.
No, I didn't. I wouldn't doubt it though. Why not give a HOFer who is ending his career a last come through in his last all star game. That game was put away anyway. It looked marginal anyway, not to many people would catch it unless they were intently familiar with Kinslers range.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I didn't. I wouldn't doubt it though. Why not give a HOFer who is ending his career a last come through in his last all star game. That game was put away anyway. It looked marginal anyway, not to many people would catch it unless they were intently familiar with Kinslers range.
Well that's the thing, I didn't notice it and wouldn't have thought about it at all, but then they mentioned Kinsler as being one of the most highly regarded second basemen. So then you watch the clip and you wonder lol. I'm not saying he's in the wrong if he did, it's just interesting, ya know?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/31865/an-all-star-worthy-countdown

The thing on Chipper is #1 at the very bottom.

And this was linked from within:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well that's the thing, I didn't notice it and wouldn't have thought about it at all, but then they mentioned Kinsler as being one of the most highly regarded second basemen. So then you watch the clip and you wonder lol. I'm not saying he's in the wrong if he did, it's just interesting, ya know?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/31865/an-all-star-worthy-countdown

The thing on Chipper is #1 at the very bottom.

And this was linked from within:

Yeah... I don't know about that after rewatching. It looks to me that he hussles over to it. It is an expedition game, so it looks like he went for it, but may have not turned on the afterburners as he would in a real game that counts for his teams season.

I personally hate the all star games for any sport.. just for that reason. The game doesnt really matter in the end, so people play lax. NBA and NFL is even worse.