DMA Does DMZ Demigod Style (unsponsored)

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
I started doing rows with the fly machine. You just stand in front of it but don't stand too far away or it turn into a fly at the end of the motion. Stand close enough so that it starts off as a really wide row. As you row it towards yourself it gets more narrow and should end at ribcage width. It definitely hits the back from a crazy angle. The muscles have to pull from a whole different angle. Some bodybuilder turned me on to it, and that man had A BIG BACK!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started doing rows with the fly machine. You just stand in front of it but don't stand too far away or it turn into a fly at the end of the motion. Stand close enough so that it starts off as a really wide row. As you row it towards yourself it gets more narrow and should end at ribcage width. It definitely hits the back from a crazy angle. The muscles have to pull from a whole different angle. Some bodybuilder turned me on to it, and that man had A BIG BACK!
Interesting!! I'm down to try anything.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My back has improved the most over this past year with a steady mix of Pendlay, Kroc, Rack pull, High pull and rack chins. Just started adding in some more cable work with higher reps. But the other ones was a good foundation builder for sure.

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
Try Pendlay Rows. Watch some videos for form. My back has gotten so much stronger, wider, and thicker. It's for power, load the bar with a weight you can do like 5-6 reps and that's it.
In all my years I've never tried them. After reading on you talking about them I might give it a try on Thursday

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In all my years I've never tried them. After reading on you talking about them I might give it a try on Thursday
Awesome hope they serve you well. Just for a gauge, I do 215 (gonna try 225 next session) for 5-6 reps. So once you get your form checked, I'm sure you got that easily. 250-275 would probably suit you better. Just guessing by how big you are.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Awesome hope they serve you well. Just for a gauge, I do 215 (gonna try 225 next session) for 5-6 reps. So once you get your form checked, I'm sure you got that easily. 250-275 would probably suit you better. Just guessing by how big you are.
Size does not=strength

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
Size does not=strength
true but they are somewhat related. I know size follows strength. When I get stronger I notice the numbers on the scale go up shortly after.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it's movie night with the wife, will post full workout tomorrow. But beat last 1RM on Bench by 15lbs. ...happy

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Most definitely, its crazy how some of the biggest body builders work with the lightest weight, back in the day they were built so cut and massive they looked like granite stone but with the strength to back it up, nowadays its light weight and massive supplementation.. and ive noticed over my years cable workouts only seem to build size and great definition but hardly any strength no matter how heavy you go, but the free weights, bent over rows and so fourth will give you amazing strength and quick like.

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
I think it all depends on your body type/metoblism as well as what that specific person is training for.. ... the whole ecto/meso and I forget the third, but anyways I think some people gain massive size and strength together, others gain strength slowly and size quickly, or they gain both slowly, or they gain so much strength but no size its ridiculous!! ive known some guys that were so small byt had some definition to them, also on what you are trying to do with it all.. sounds like you got a pretty good combo though strength I think is always the #1 most important

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
There needs to be a best of both worlds in terms of volume and strength work. IMO, I feel as though hitting it all during your workout is the best of both worlds. I'm a big volume guy and have found out thats what works for me. It took me a while, but it's all about patience and trial and error. You stated it perfectly that you must find out what works for you

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Yessir!! I Pretty much ALWAYS Start with power/strength exercises to hit that cause that pretty much takes your 110%, then I progress later on into more targeted mass/definition building moves, then I move on to endurance training, and always finish up with body weight exercises, if its chest day dips & pushup variations.. back day of course pull up variations and other body weight ones.. and of course you know the rest.. definitely gotta get that balance, I apply that to every aspect of my life the best I can, of course my physical area is probably the easiest to do that with and probably the most enjoyable as well, I always wake up looking forward to hitting it, most the time I catch myself before bed getting all pumped thinking about my routine the next day.. you guys take it easy!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty good workout yesterday. As I said, I beat my last max bench effort by 15 lbs. I believe I'm closer to my PR on bench than I thought. I may be able to hit it by the end of this cycle. But plan on continuing to get stronger even after. Can't rely solely on hormones to make all the gains all the time. They are definitely a boost, but not the only answer. So if I don't get to my goal by the end of the cycle, I will shortly thereafter.

50 lb. DB warm up set x 15

Bench Press:
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 2
285 x 1
290 x 1 (was 275 last time)
225 x 5

DB Press:
100's x 8
100's x 7
100's x 6
Super Set
DB Flys:
35's x 8 x 3 sets

Underhand DB Press w/ slight Incline: (this is a very awkward move, not sure I'll keep it)
40's x 10 x 4 sets
Super Set
DB Pullovers:
65 x 9 x 4 sets

Skullcrushers:
80 x 8
80 x 7
80 x 7
Super Set
Overhead DB Raise:
50 x 10 drop to 30 to failure x 3 sets

Tricep Push Downs:
80 x 12 x 4 sets
Super Set
Hanging Leg Raises x 4 sets

Glad I decided to run this cycle a couple extra weeks. The strength has been coming since the first couple weeks, but the size is starting to show now. Holding steady daily 193-195lbs. About 7 lbs. up with very little BF increase. May be more water than anything why I don't look as defined in the abs, because arms, chest, back, shoulders, legs...ok everywhere else, looks as tight as at the beginning of the cycle.

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
Pretty good workout yesterday. As I said, I beat my last max bench effort by 15 lbs. I believe I'm closer to my PR on bench than I thought. I may be able to hit it by the end of this cycle. But plan on continuing to get stronger even after. Can't rely solely on hormones to make all the gains all the time. They are definitely a boost, but not the only answer. So if I don't get to my goal by the end of the cycle, I will shortly thereafter. 50 lb. DB warm up set x 15 Bench Press: 135 x 10 185 x 5 225 x 2 285 x 1 290 x 1 (was 275 last time) 225 x 5 DB Press: 100's x 8 100's x 7 100's x 6 Super Set DB Flys: 35's x 8 x 3 sets Underhand DB Press w/ slight Incline: (this is a very awkward move, not sure I'll keep it) 40's x 10 x 4 sets Super Set DB Pullovers: 65 x 9 x 4 sets Skullcrushers: 80 x 8 80 x 7 80 x 7 Super Set Overhead DB Raise: 50 x 10 drop to 30 to failure x 3 sets Tricep Push Downs: 80 x 12 x 4 sets Super Set Hanging Leg Raises x 4 sets Glad I decided to run this cycle a couple extra weeks. The strength has been coming since the first couple weeks, but the size is starting to show now. Holding steady daily 193-195lbs. About 7 lbs. up with very little BF increase. May be more water than anything why I don't look as defined in the abs, because arms, chest, back, shoulders, legs...ok everywhere else, looks as tight as at the beginning of the cycle.
Good Stuff on the PR...

How much longer do you have left on cycle?

I think it's funny when people ask my PR on Bench.. My brother got me in the habit of telling people my Bench Max for Incline and not flat, most people crank out Flat an neglect Incline..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good Stuff on the PR...

How much longer do you have left on cycle?

I think it's funny when people ask my PR on Bench.. My brother got me in the habit of telling people my Bench Max for Incline and not flat, most likely crank out Flat an neglect Incline..
It's not my PR on bench, but best since I started training for strength again. I got 315 x 1 on my Epi/Tren cycle earlier this year. And then went to volume training almost immediately after that strongest point. At the beginning of this cycle my max bench was down to like 265!! So I'm up 25 lbs. but not a PR.

12 days left on cycle.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to mention I was weighing about 210 on that Epi/Tren cycle and eating like a stoned elephant. Then went to volume and a calorie deficit...see ya later strength!!!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice chest and tris workout..pushing some good weight.
So how long will your cycle end up being?

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay, just getting some info before I start mine in a couple of weeks.

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
It's not my PR on bench, but best since I started training for strength again. I got 315 x 1 on my Epi/Tren cycle earlier this year. And then went to volume training almost immediately after that strongest point. At the beginning of this cycle my max bench was down to like 265!! So I'm up 25 lbs. but not a PR. 12 days left on cycle.
I got ya!! Keep Bustin It!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started smashing those when I was behind the wall bro.. Haven't stopped since, about 5yrs lol
Had to show a dude at work what's up. Yeah, I brought stuff to scramble eggs in the break room at work. Hardcore.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;W795GElLBCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W795GElLBCI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Decided to make a video. Will be better next time. Should have shown the weight before I set the camera, but there are 5's on the outside of the 45's. 415 lbs. PR by 25 lbs. from 2 weeks ago. 405 went up like butter, so I threw on 10 more and so did it.

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
I'm in with you guys, ill eat ANYTHING, you guys that have been behind the walls and walkin that fenceline gotta agree after that trip anything is eatable, I fear NOTHING lol

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Hell yea, AWESOME LIFT! I love how the camera falls when you drop the weight like it shook the earth, that's real effex! keep up the kickass work man. love it

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know, I looked down after the lift and saw the camera facing the floor and I was like, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! But was glad it caught the lift first.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I know, I looked down after the lift and saw the camera facing the floor and I was like, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! But was glad it caught the lift first.
Dude I need
To get a video! Good lift my dude

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
lol Dma now your gonna have all the guys postin vid's trying to top your monster deadlift, i love the vid though nothing like seeing the bar bend from the weight. that's when you know your doing something ;)

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
lol Dma now your gonna have all the guys postin vid's trying to top your monster deadlift, i love the vid though nothing like seeing the bar bend from the weight. that's when you know your doing something ;)
Challenge accepted hahaha :D

But you can't knock that. That's was a solid lift man

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
lol tear it up NB ill have to drop one in a couple weeks when im actually doing something myself. started back today and it was rough, but i felt the help ya know

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
lol tear it up NB ill have to drop one in a couple weeks when im actually doing something myself. started back today and it was rough, but i felt the help ya know
I think my max was 5, 45's each side and 2 tens each side my last week. For one, before i got like 3 reps with 495. lol I dnt care much for deadd atm because my dead and bench are strong but I need my squat needs to get up there Cuz people in my weight class are squatting 500 plus in my weight class.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think my max was 5, 45's each side and 2 tens each side my last week. For one, before i got like 3 reps with 495. lol I dnt care much for deadd atm because my dead and bench are strong but I need my squat needs to get up there Cuz people in my weight class are squatting 500 plus in my weight class.
NIce. I'll be at 500 sooooon!!

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Yes, i think Squat Is the biggest power move, and the most impressive, specially if its breaking parallel bucketing.. my best ever was 425ish years ago i was weighing about the same as now 170, of course most will argue because im 5'8 im short and don't have as far to travel but my are still lengthy. and moving weight regardless is a bitch lol.. hopefully ill get up to 405 in the next month... your legs look like machine cut so if your as strong as they show you should be kickin ass!