DMA Does DMZ Demigod Style (unsponsored)

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
Keep eating brotha, your doing something right, looking solid!

I gotta get dieting tips from yall, I'm big, I'm strong, but I'm chunky lol BF% as of today is still at 18%... Fml I love food!

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap, that is EPIC bro!!

Just added up today's calories by generic searches of the food at this birthday party. A measly 4800 for the day. Straight to the shoulders!!
313 Protein
234 Fat
401 Carb

Fat Gainzzz!!

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
Keep eating brotha, your doing something right, looking solid!

I gotta get dieting tips from yall, I'm big, I'm strong, but I'm chunky lol BF% as of today is still at 18%... Fml I love food!
No worries bro, do what you love. From the years of being in this sport, and all the BS that comes with it, I've come to learn that as long as you are comfortable with yourself and your kids/significant other likes you on how you are, than "F" what you are supposed to look like. I know first hand, because I let this sport consume me and my wife left me for it. Now I stay in a shape that I feel is acceptable for me and my career and is easy to maintain w/o killing myself. Sorry for the long post bro

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
No worries bro, do what you love. From the years of being in this sport, and all the BS that comes with it, I've come to learn that as long as you are comfortable with yourself and your kids/significant other likes you on how you are, than "F" what you are supposed to look like. I know first hand, because I let this sport consume me and my wife left me for it. Now I stay in a shape that I feel is acceptable for me and my career and is easy to maintain w/o killing myself. Sorry for the long post bro
Appreciate it brotha, and thanks for sharing..

I don't wanna thread jack with a huge story and post, but I definitely understand what you mean..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is no thread jacking in here. All discussion is welcome at all times.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep eating brotha, your doing something right, looking solid! I gotta get dieting tips from yall, I'm big, I'm strong, but I'm chunky lol BF% as of today is still at 18%... Fml I love food!
Trust me I can't eat like this more than once a week. I get fluffy easy. I am a strict mofo most days.

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
Trust me I can't eat like this more than once a week. I get fluffy easy. I am a strict mofo most days.
I have everything I need to keep my diet in check at all times, no problem..

My issue is the 4 women in my house..

Last night I get home from the gym and the wife has a huge deep dish pizza on the counter and a dozen donuts from DD..

Tonight when I came home from the gym, she had a huge platter laid out for Nachos..

Then of course earlier in the week it was the Brownies..

And tommorow is scheduled to bake cookies lol

I need a tremendous amount of will power or I gotta get the wife in the gym with me..

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
I hear you bro. Two days of not so good eating for me in a week is unheard of. No worries, back on the grind today

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
I have everything I need to keep my diet in check at all times, no problem..

My issue is the 4 women in my house..

Last night I get home from the gym and the wife has a huge deep dish pizza on the counter and a dozen donuts from DD..

Tonight when I came home from the gym, she had a huge platter laid out for Nachos..

Then of course earlier in the week it was the Brownies..

And tommorow is scheduled to bake cookies lol

I need a tremendous amount of will power or I gotta get the wife in the gym with me..
Mmmmmm, pizza and donuts!! Probably the worst/best combination of foods, lol

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
Mmmmmm, pizza and donuts!! Probably the worst/best combination of foods, lol
It's odd how I eat.. I cut the crust off the pizza and cut the bottom layer of dough off of the pizza so I had the toppings and only a thing layer of dough underneath lol So I turned a deep dish into a thin crust lmao It's my way of give & take..

I'm going to have to get my diet together though.. The overall goal is 225 @ 10-12%bf year round.. I'm not far off really.. A couple months of dedication and I'll be gtg..

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
It's odd how I eat.. I cut the crust off the pizza and cut the bottom layer of dough off of the pizza so I had the toppings and only a thing layer of dough underneath lol So I turned a deep dish into a thin crust lmao It's my way of give & take..

I'm going to have to get my diet together though.. The overall goal is 225 @ 10-12%bf year round.. I'm not far off really.. A couple months of dedication and I'll be gtg..
yes, sir!! Now that's the freaking mentality to have, you got this big man!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't realize it until I did my first set of pull ups today, but I had a little tenderness in my right bicep. Trying to think of anything I did yesterday that may have caused it. Maybe the cable front raises, they use a bit of bicep along with the front delt. Anyway, I trudged through a somewhat unmotivated workout. Numbers felt good, just didn't have my usual "destroy-mode" activated.

BW Pull Ups:
7 sets of 7

Bent Over BB Rows:
135 x 10
185 x 8
185 x 8
185 x 7 (these do not feel natural to me anymore since I started doing Pendlays)

Unsupported T-Bar Row:
90 x 10
135 x 7
135 x 8
135 x 7
Super Set
1 Arm Cable Rows:
80 x 10 x 4 sets

Seated Cable Rows:
100 x 8 x 4 sets (probably an 8-0-1-0 tempo, very slow negatives)
Super Set
Standing Cable Pull Down w/ Rope:
90 x 12 x 4 sets (this has become one of my favorite exercises to really hit the lats)

Incline DB Curls:
25's x 12 x 3 sets

Reverse EZ Bar Curls:
50 x 8 x 3 sets

Single Arm High Cable Curls:
40 x 12 x 4 sets (also a new fave to finish off with a pump and hit that bicep peak)

Roman Chair Back Extensions x 3 sets (15, 18, 18)

I wish I had done some measurements at the beginning of this cycle. Because now I can see the size difference. Shoulders and arms mostly. And even the width of my lats. Doing the high cable curls today, I could see it in the mirror and was happy that my arms actually looked big and not just ripped. Definitely growing now.

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
what the heck is the pendlay?? I LOVE bent over rows, they are one of my strongest moves..

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
what the heck is the pendlay?? I LOVE bent over rows, they are one of my strongest moves..
Thanks for asking because I thought I was the only one who didn't know lmao

BB Rows all day for me!

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
lol yess I love the bb bent overs, I destroy those puppys, and t-bar rows, pretty much ANY row!! ;)

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Pendlay is a bent over row where you stop the weight on the floor between every rep

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Hellz YESS! My first Fav Bodybulder after Arnold of course was Dorian Yates man, and a lot of people used to call me mini dorian before I knew who he was cause I had big wings, then I found out and thought he was the shiz! I still like him a lot and check out his newer training vids, the guy is a beast! he breaks down kai green and others in some routines, but now id have to say my somewhat idol or who I would most want to have a body like is Franco Columbu, about the same height as me but a freakin monster.

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Ah... I SEE! like a rest pause type, that sounds cool but hell on the lower back if your form aint right or its lacking, ill have to add that in my routine, I bet that can make for some awesome strength and probably mass gains too if performed correctly..

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
OOOH QUICK QUESTION!:
In Everyones Experience that may have ran into this during a cycle (im running halo at 100mg all the way through first cycle ever.)
How soon did anyone run into the Lethargic symptoms?? and whats the earliest someone has felt it working in one way or another(like you definitely know something is happening for the better) ??? THANK YOU ALL!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Ah... I SEE! like a rest pause type, that sounds cool but hell on the lower back if your form aint right or its lacking, ill have to add that in my routine, I bet that can make for some awesome strength and probably mass gains too if performed correctly..
it's actually a little easier on your lower back because your giving it a small break between each rep

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's definitely with a flatter back than regular bent over rows, pretty much parallel to the floor. All my rows are better since I started doing these and Kroc Rows.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's an explosive movement where as regular bent over rows are more controlled.

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Hell yea, IM IN! matt kroczleski is a freaking beast, I love all forms of rows, I would like to do those 1 arm kroc rows with the custom 300lb dumbbells lol, talk about BEAST mode. and explosive movements are the best I think, cant over do them but they really work for everything!

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Those are rough, I have A HARD time getting adjusted to them cause their so fixed in one movement instead of being able to pull them into your lower ab, its almost like a half upright row in a way depending on how your standing over them

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Those are rough, I have A HARD time getting adjusted to them cause their so fixed in one movement instead of being able to pull them into your lower ab, its almost like a half upright row in a way depending on how your standing over them
Exactly. And I love the angles you can play for different muscle activation

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yea, IM IN! matt kroczleski is a freaking beast, I love all forms of rows, I would like to do those 1 arm kroc rows with the custom 300lb dumbbells lol, talk about BEAST mode. and explosive movements are the best I think, cant over do them but they really work for everything!
Yeah I'm at the 120's. Almost there!!!

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Hell yea, last time I got up to the 120's for sets of 8, right now I doubt I can get to about 85 maybe.. but now that im on the cycle and starting hard tomorrow we'll see!! my muscle memory brings me back in a week or two so im wondering with that AND the cycle maybe ill be tearing it up by the second week.. I do a body part a day back,chest,legs,shoulders,arms so I can blast each one at 120% I'm so jacked right now with what this is going to do for me in the next couple weeks, I needed a boost after being sick for a couple qweeks and losing that weight, question is im a hardgainer with VERY quick metabolism, I mean I eat a 1000 calorie meal before bed and it don't stick, I bake a full cake a week and it it yself in 3 to 4 days.. and I stay the same, im at 170 now logging my weight and trying to jump to a good 190, but if I get up to 186 I would be happy, cause the rest will be earned quickly. most I EVER weighed was 192 and that took 6 months of force feeding 3 -4 times a day WITH 1-2 shakes, 2-3 500calorie snacks in between,,,

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
Once I tried Pendlays, they are like PB and Egg sandwiches...I'll always do them!!! LOL
Lmao I'll give them a shot on Tuesday..
I feel like I'm learning lots of new ways to do Back hanging out in this log and Jmyers log..

I'll give these a go and report back..

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
There is ALWAYS new ways to do back man, you can hit it from so many angles its awesome, try bent over dumbbell rows with the side of your torse your doing them on pointing between the wall and the ceiling where your pulling almost across your body and you actually stimulate more of your inner lat fibers for extra thickness towards the spinae muscles, make sure you use the proper form so you don't tweak your back and its an amazing feeling, also try one arm pull downs starting with standard grip directly above your shoulder and as you come down turn your thumb outward to reverse grip and bring your elbow all the way to your side and squeeze and it REALLY gets your upper lats man. don't know if you've known these already but if not check them out. ! I throw these in every once in a while to stimulate extra muscle fibers..

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
There is ALWAYS new ways to do back man, you can hit it from so many angles its awesome, try bent over dumbbell rows with the side of your torse your doing them on pointing between the wall and the ceiling where your pulling almost across your body and you actually stimulate more of your inner lat fibers for extra thickness towards the spinae muscles, make sure you use the proper form so you don't tweak your back and its an amazing feeling, also try one arm pull downs starting with standard grip directly above your shoulder and as you come down turn your thumb outward to reverse grip and bring your elbow all the way to your side and squeeze and it REALLY gets your upper lats man. don't know if you've known these already but if not check them out. ! I throw these in every once in a while to stimulate extra muscle fibers..
I am learning lots of new ways an techniques just from the new gym/equipment so my back is still sore from being blasted.. Those 1 arm pull downs are legit..

I'll have new things to try for awhile and Back is my favorite muscle to work..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will try these.

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Yea, I mean I don't go out of my way and ruin a good routine to try little things here and there BUT when I see something that looks effective and to me sounds like it might hit a specific muscle or group of muscles differently and possibly stimulate more growth then I will definitely give it a go, I actually figured out the one arm pull downs on my own one day just messin around, but then I recently seen some pro's using it in their arsenal, and ill definitely do anything I can to hit that muscle harder and try to get more strength/definition/endurance etc out of it. so like I said I will toss a few little tricks in my routine on certain days and im hoping that any advice from experience I give will help you guys in anyway, I know you guys have done more then help me already with the PH/Cycling and I greatly appreciate it!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no set in stone routine. I see things all the time that I try and if I like them they stick.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably 75% of my current back exercises I have just implemented in the last few months. Constantly evolving.

jhobbs83

jhobbs83

Banned
Awards
Yea, sometimes that's the way to go, gotta keep evolving and keep the body from getting to cozy and growing stagnant, I usually just start my bak with all rows bent over bb wide grip, then rev grip, then dumbbells, then to pull downs, but sometimes I will switch it around,. pull downs first cause the latter usually grows weaker after it being the last, so I switch to improve, I have stuck with bent over rows and pull downs for years now and in between usually switch things up like seated cable rows, pull overs, etc.. but I realize the bread and bvutter is the bent over bbrows, single arm rows, wide grip pulldowns and rev grip pull downs, the pull downs always for the width of the lats and upper thickness and the rows for the raw strength and thickness period, and I ALWAYS throw pull ups at the end supersetted with back extensions.. love em, i need to get my shoulders like yours though bro!! they have gotten a little to weak over the last two months with missing a lot of those exercises and getting sick for three weeks.. hopefully this cycle is JUST what i needed. ;)

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Machines are great for back... I feel like cable back workouts are the ultimate. I do love bent rows and single arms bent rows but I love being able to rip out some extra reps a little past failure to really test my lats...

I also feel like body weigh exercises are an extreme necessity. I would never have a back day without different types of chin ups or reverse rows on a smith machine or something.

Body weight movement are a
Motor skill necessary to improve overall athletic function beyond just overloading a single movement.
My opinion

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
Machines are great for back... I feel like cable back workouts are the ultimate. I do love bent rows and single arms bent rows but I love being able to rip out some extra reps a little past failure to really test my lats...

I also feel like body weigh exercises are an extreme necessity. I would never have a back day without different types of chin ups or reverse rows on a smith machine or something.

Body weight movement are a
Motor skill necessary to improve overall athletic function beyond just overloading a single movement.
My opinion
Row, Row, Row your back gently down the stream. LOL

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I am a volume guy. and being a powerlifter I always have trained heavy in the beginning and then lower the weight and did huge volume for isolation.

I would always train my compound lift with my coach, pretty dynamically. Usually one or two heavy compound lifts with a mix of volume. Then destroy cables and isolation exercises with high volume and drop sets until my muscles were screaming.

like chest day we would work bench or incline for like a 6 set pyramid and get to about 75% of my max for three reps then continually drop weight adding reps for the following sets. Then run mini circuit super sets like machine decline, parallel grip narrow press and cable flies for up and lower chest for like 15 reps each lift and run the circuit for 5 sets then run another circuit with different lefts following that. We would end up getting a lot of lifts done in about 45 minutes.

It really improved my stabilization of weight following exhaustion and let me tell you, I was able to comfortably pack on weigh every feel weeks on my compound..

But I trained back a little differently than that.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try Pendlay Rows. Watch some videos for form. My back has gotten so much stronger, wider, and thicker. It's for power, load the bar with a weight you can do like 5-6 reps and that's it.