Curcumin - Tell SNS What You'd Like to See in a Curcumin Product

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I honestly would look at other options besides Longvida. I also am super wary of random brands on Amazon (idk that brand so I could be wrong) and usually stick to Jarrow, Life Extension, or Dr Best when sourcing Curcumin for now (SNS once they drop theirs).

Seems a little expensive for Longvida as well.
Dr best Meriva is $26 for 180 caps, a great price for a highly studied form. It may not be THE BEST, but it's exponentially better than plain curcumin or even plain c3.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dr best Meriva is $26 for 180 caps, a great price for a highly studied form. It may not be THE BEST, but it's exponentially better than plain curcumin or even plain c3.
Ya that is probably one of the ones I've used the most, due to cost, availability, and seemed benefits I got.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've read through some of this post and may have missed it, is this an upgrade change to an existing product or do you have a name for this newly developed product ?
It will be a new product. We aren't going to release the name quite yet, but the formula is pretty much finalized. The goal is/was to design the best overall Curcumin product on the market and I think our formula will definitely accomplish that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I honestly would look at other options besides Longvida. I also am super wary of random brands on Amazon (idk that brand so I could be wrong) and usually stick to Jarrow, Life Extension, or Dr Best when sourcing Curcumin for now (SNS once they drop theirs).

Seems a little expensive for Longvida as well.
I absolutely agree. I am very wary of random Amazon brands because there is no way to know if they are actually using the branded ingredients they claim to be or not. In some cases, I look at pricing and know its absolutely impossible with some of these brands.

Even if ordering on Amazon, I would stick with brands I know and trust like the ones you mentioned &/or NOW Foods, etc.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Jarrow, Doctors best, and solaray are all good. Especially Jarrow. I’ve gotten multiple NOW products with completely different amounts of powder in the capsules and they were even clear. For example, 1 cap full, 1 cap 1/4th full, 1 half etc. makes me question

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Jarrow, Doctors best, and solaray are all good. Especially Jarrow. I’ve gotten multiple NOW products with completely different amounts of powder in the capsules and they were even clear. For example, 1 cap full, 1 cap 1/4th full, 1 half etc. makes me question
Some ingredients settle more in capsules than others. It’s kind of like the statement on the potato chip bags - by weight, not volume. Of course though no matter how much anyone tries, there’s going to be a capsule here or there that’s going to be off.

One reason that’s more noticeable with Now is they use clear capsules for most products. That’s why a lot of brands don’t.

The brands you mentioned are good too. I’m just explaining the above for anyone interested.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Some ingredients settle more in capsules than others. It’s kind of like the statement on the potato chip bags - by weight, not volume. Of course though no matter how much anyone tries, there’s going to be a capsule here or there that’s going to be off.

One reason that’s more noticeable with Now is they use clear capsules for most products. That’s why a lot of brands don’t.

The brands you mentioned are good too. I’m just explaining the above for anyone interested.
I know the following question is unrelated to the thread, but your industry insights are always appreciated. You mentioned how there’s always going to a capsule here or there’s that’s off. Let’s say a company has a stimulant product in pill form. How likely is it that a stray pill or two is going to be overstuffed? And I’m thinking more in the context of maybe some exotic stimulant that some people respond to poorly.

My assumption would be this is rare, as companies optimize capsule size (0, 00, etc.) to be as well fitting as possible for the ingredient serving size, therefore the likelihood is that a stray pill or two may be slightly underdosed as opposed to over.

Just curious.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

That might be the case for some of them but some it would have been impossible to settle that much. I’m talking one cap full to the brim of powder and another cap having enough powder to barely coat the bottom of the cap if stood vertically

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That might be the case for some of them but some it would have been impossible to settle that much. I’m talking one cap full to the brim of powder and another cap having enough powder to barely coat the bottom of the cap if stood vertically
It's unfortunate when things like that happen but it truly can happen to any brand from time to time. Capsules are filled by machines and no matter how good of quality controls are implemented, there can be an errant capsule here and there. With brands like NOW that use clear capsules, its a lot more noticeable. I've had the same thing happen to me with Optimum Nutrition back when they made more capsule products - I had several capsules in a bottle of one of their old multi-vitamins that were partially filled and close to empty. But I still did/do trust their quality.

I have no interest in defending NOW one way or the other, I just give insights from industry experience on things that happen. I can say also that if you look at NOW's history of FDA inspections, everything always comes out top notch. NOW has even done recalls over the years just over label wording that most other companies wouldn't have even thought anything about; so I think they definitely do try. I do like the other brands you listed too, but NOW is my go to brand for most of my basic vitamin products myself.

Reactions: 00A
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know the following question is unrelated to the thread, but your industry insights are always appreciated. You mentioned how there’s always going to a capsule here or there’s that’s off. Let’s say a company has a stimulant product in pill form. How likely is it that a stray pill or two is going to be overstuffed? And I’m thinking more in the context of maybe some exotic stimulant that some people respond to poorly.

My assumption would be this is rare, as companies optimize capsule size (0, 00, etc.) to be as well fitting as possible for the ingredient serving size, therefore the likelihood is that a stray pill or two may be slightly underdosed as opposed to over.

Just curious.
You are correct in that it would be more likely to be under-dosed than over-dosed.

To answer the question, I have to make a distinction between overdosed and overstuffed.
- Overstuffed - the typical maximum volume for a size 0 capsule is approximately 500 mg. and for a 00 capsule is approximately 750 to 800 mg. Most companies are going to use that total weight between active ingredients and excipients/other ingredients to fill the capsule out; so the idea of it being overstuffed is highly unlikely.
- Overdosed - this could happen from the mixer instead of the capsule press and could in theory happen, especially if the place doing the actual manufacturing doesn't have good equipment, do the proper maintenance on the equipment, or keep it calibrated properly.

The issue I would worry about more is when it comes to companies selling/using questionable ingredients. Now days, most GMP compliant facilities won't touch them so that leaves certain companies using manufacturing facilities that aren't compliant or doing the encapsulation themselves and there is a ton of different possible things that could go wrong in that scenario.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's unfortunate when things like that happen but it truly can happen to any brand from time to time. Capsules are filled by machines and no matter how good of quality controls are implemented, there can be an errant capsule here and there. With brands like NOW that use clear capsules, its a lot more noticeable. I've had the same thing happen to me with Optimum Nutrition back when they made more capsule products - I had several capsules in a bottle of one of their old multi-vitamins that were partially filled and close to empty. But I still did/do trust their quality.

I have no interest in defending NOW one way or the other, I just give insights from industry experience on things that happen. I can say also that if you look at NOW's history of FDA inspections, everything always comes out top notch. NOW has even done recalls over the years just over label wording that most other companies wouldn't have even thought anything about; so I think they definitely do try. I do like the other brands you listed too, but NOW is my go to brand for most of my basic vitamin products myself.
That’s good to know and I appreciate the insight because they have so many things and such good pricing. I still use them so it gives me more
Confidence

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Just curious.
i used to work in a plant that made blue bonnet margarine. the tubs were all filled by machine, when the machine hits a tub just fraction of an inch off, lets say from a bent bowl then machine jams up. after you clean up mess all the bowls that were in the process of being filled are supposed to be cleared out, but if you have a lazy operator who is behind on production sometimes those partially filled bowls go thru and get shipped out...i would say the same kind of process is used to fill capsules...it was the same when i worked for international paper, when we had a jam up there would be boxes in the process of being folded and the gluer doesn't hit those boxes, when they get to factory boxes that haven't been glued can cause quite the mess.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any updates @sns8778 ?
Thanks for asking. The formula is finalized, labels are done, and product is in line to be manufactured. I'm not sure of an ETA for it quite yet bc we have so many products that one of our issues sometimes is our own products have to get in front of things like this to keep them in stock. If I had to guess, I would say 4 to 6 weeks.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just checking in on this one again @sns8778

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just checking in on this one again @sns8778
Thanks. It's in production as we speak.

We have so many products and are coming out with so many products that we run into cases where our own stuff keeps bumping our own stuff back and we have to prioritize and lay out production runs for the next couple of weeks and its finally in them. I would expect to see finished product within 3 to 4 weeks if all goes well.

The reason that sometimes things take longer is that we only use contract manufacturers that follow proper GMP protocols so its more to it than just running products back to back on a machine. It leads to more delays and things do take longer, but its the right way to do it and the way that everyone is supposed to now days.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In the mean time enjoy the new joint XT :)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to see "Helios" on the label of my curcumin!! lulz, j/k ... on a serious note... my input would be massive dose, and something (s) to get it through the gut. Im talking like 1g servings.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like to see "Helios" on the label of my curcumin!! lulz, j/k ... on a serious note... my input would be massive dose, and something (s) to get it through the gut. Im talking like 1g servings.
I don't like talking about competing products in our threads. If someone's looking for a transdermal product, this isn't the thread for them.

But if someone is looking for likely the most advanced oral curcumin product that's been released that contains clinically researched key ingredients and targets multiple absorption technologies and pathways, they're in the right place :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hurry up, I'm gonna need to order soon. lol
Doing the best I can on this one haha.

I'm very excited about this one myself and I think that most other people will be as well when they see the formula :)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
most advanced oral curcumin product that's been released that contains clinically researched key ingredients and targets multiple absorption technologies and pathways
yes this ^^ in huge doses.. I cant remember the brand but i used to get a great product, not mainstream, that was super high dose and maybe bioprene or similar in it.. it was too expensive, back then. Maybe a bigger company like yours could have better buying power to make something similar with a better price point. Orally I don't get the desired effects until I am eating a minimum of 2g per day.. I like to split the dose but I wouldn't want to dose all day or add another handful of pills to my daily intake. I think, and I have been beating this like a dead horse for a month of Sundays.. somebody do it right with maybe a 1-2 pill 1g dose with a decent price point, and it will sell. and I think the market reach is far beyond BBing circles.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yes this ^^ in huge doses.. I cant remember the brand but i used to get a great product, not mainstream, that was super high dose and maybe bioprene or similar in it.. it was too expensive, back then. Maybe a bigger company like yours could have better buying power to make something similar with a better price point. Orally I don't get the desired effects until I am eating a minimum of 2g per day.. I like to split the dose but I wouldn't want to dose all day or add another handful of pills to my daily intake. I think, and I have been beating this like a dead horse for a month of Sundays.. somebody do it right with maybe a 1-2 pill 1g dose with a decent price point, and it will sell. and I think the market reach is far beyond BBing circles.
The reason that some (most) curcumin products need to be mega dosed is the absorption issues. That won't be the case with this product at all. This won't require 2 grams per day. You cold use 2 grams per day if you wanted, but it would be overkill and not necessary imo. The recommended maximum dose will be 2 capsules per day of this.

I agree that the market reach for this is way beyond bodybuilding circles; with all of our Health Series products, we want to of course help our bodybuilding customers but also expand way beyond that as well bc this, and our other Health Series releases, will be able to help so many different types of people.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We're not quite ready to announce the formula yet but there's more to it than just settling on a type.
I settled for a type: Filipino........................I stand by my decision. lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I settled for a type: Filipino........................I stand by my decision. lol
I haven't tried that type yet. Want to send me a sample? :ROFLMAO:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ETA? I'm getting low.
I can confirm that it is in either this or next weeks production runs.

We have so many products, the way things work for us is that we basically have x amount of product runs per week that have to get prioritized. Elite Curcumin is in this current bracket so it should be done either this or next week. So that should translate into releasing with within the next 3 weeks.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hopefully next week. We had a couple of production runs on existing items that had to be done that pushed it back by a week.
That's one of the unforeseen things sometimes when trying to predict dates, even when they're on the production lineup - for example, if we have a new product scheduled but we get low or run out of a great seller like Inhibit-E or Inhibit-P, we don't have much choice but to put those ahead of it. But its definitely up soon.

On a positive note, we will be launching another new product this week and then at least one next week as well :)

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hopefully next week. We had a couple of production runs on existing items that had to be done that pushed it back by a week.
That's one of the unforeseen things sometimes when trying to predict dates, even when they're on the production lineup - for example, if we have a new product scheduled but we get low or run out of a great seller like Inhibit-E or Inhibit-P, we don't have much choice but to put those ahead of it. But its definitely up soon.

On a positive note, we will be launching another new product this week and then at least one next week as well :)
Thanks @sns8778 for always giving such good explanations of the business end of things. It really is appreciated out here! 😀👍

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks @sns8778 for always giving such good explanations of the business end of things. It really is appreciated out here! 😀👍
Thank you. I appreciate the support. And I'm always glad to explain things. When I give a date, I always give true ones to the best of my ability, but there are so many unforeseen things that can happen; I always like for people to know we're doing our best.

I wish we had the capabilities (and cash flow haha) to run an unlimited amount of products per week but I'm thankful that we're now in a spot where we can get as many production runs in per week as we can. I love the new products - they're fun and exciting, and no one wants to get them out faster than me (bc we've got money tied up in them) but sometimes things do get slightly pushed back when we have to put existing products in front of them. Bc as exciting as the new products are, they wouldn't be possible without having the existing ones in stock.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Excellent, I'll be ordering the curcumin, and likely the other one depending on what it is. Or maybe just more spilanthese, I'm enjoying this bottle!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Excellent, I'll be ordering the curcumin, and likely the other one depending on what it is. Or maybe just more spilanthese, I'm enjoying this bottle!
Thank you. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it.

I'm excited by a lot of the new things we have coming out. If all goes well, we may have as many as 20 new products out by the end of the year between the brands.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I need to order. 😉
I'm doing the best I can do, I really am. It should be available within 2 weeks.

Sometimes, things just happen. For example, when we run out of or get low on some of our popular products, sometimes push them in the production line in front of a new release because we don't want to be out of our already existing good sellers.

Trust me, I'm looking forward to it coming out too. I'm excited about this one bc its one I definitely will be using myself.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
'tWo mOrE wEeKs'

lol, I await the eliteness! Any updates?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
'tWo mOrE wEeKs'

lol, I await the eliteness! Any updates?
Its in the current production lineup.

It's kind of the same situation I mentioned above - the intent has been to run it every week for the last few weeks but then we wind up having to push other things in front of it, like existing products that we get low on or are out of stock of. I'm hoping it will be ready to ship to us this coming week; but I don't want to say for sure until I know for sure.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The best update I can give on this is that its one of the biggest pain in the asses of a project I've ever worked on in terms of branded ingredient suppliers. I'll detail it all when its released, but I'm not giving any further ETA's on this until that happens bc it seems like its always something with it. Basically, when trying to get 3 different branded ingredient suppliers that offer competitive ingredients to work together for theirs being in the same product, its been a nightmare. Lesson learned, I'll probably never try something like this on another product.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is one I am excited for just as much as a muscle building supplement, I love curcumin can’t wait it seems to be close!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is one I am excited for just as much as a muscle building supplement, I love curcumin can’t wait it seems to be close!
I'm really glad that you posted in this thread bc I couldn't find it when I tried to the other day.

Elite Curcumin will be launched any day now :)