Curcumin - Tell SNS What You'd Like to See in a Curcumin Product

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I see a meriva product out there, what is the common dosage? 500mg 1x2 day?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So far it seems like most are interested in either Theracumin or CurQfen?

(We will not use Meriva so can rule that one out. Not that its not good, but we won't be using it for this).

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not as educated on the differences but definitely interested to giving your product a try. So put it together so I can buy, lol.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So far it seems like most are interested in either Theracumin or CurQfen?

(We will not use Meriva so can rule that one out. Not that its not good, but we won't be using it for this).
Could you give us a rough idea of what you’d be pricing both at? My vote is Theracurmin, but I can understand CurQfen if it’s like, half the price.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could you give us a rough idea of what you’d be pricing both at? My vote is Theracurmin, but I can understand CurQfen if it’s like, half the price.
I'm sorry but its against their NDA guidelines to release their prices.

We are considering both and there are multiple things that go into making the decision - which one is better, pricing, whether they will allow their ingredients to be used with other branded ingredients, etc.

This is an example of a product that should have been fairly simple but has been an incredible pain in the butt bc of how hard some of the branded ingredient companies are to deal with.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can you hurry up? I had to make suggestions to three people in the past two days for Curcumin products and felt bad because I couldn't say use SNS! :ROFLMAO:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can you hurry up? I had to make suggestions to three people in the past two days for Curcumin products and felt bad because I couldn't say use SNS! :ROFLMAO:
Ha. I appreciate it. Doing my best here :)

Thank you though, I really do appreciate that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have a question for everyone interested in Theracurmin. What dosage have you tried or are you interested in?

There seems to be a very wide dosage range. Some products offer 100 mg. (30 mg. active curcumin) and recommend twice per day. Others offer up to 600 mg. (180 mg. active curcumin).

Lower end of dosage range makes it doable in a combination product. Higher end of dosage range would have to make it be a stand alone product separate from the one being discussed here.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a question for everyone interested in Theracurmin. What dosage have you tried or are you interested in?

There seems to be a very wide dosage range. Some products offer 100 mg. (30 mg. active curcumin) and recommend twice per day. Others offer up to 600 mg. (180 mg. active curcumin).

Lower end of dosage range makes it doable in a combination product. Higher end of dosage range would have to make it be a stand alone product separate from the one being discussed here.
I used 60mg of active curcumin from Theracumin.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you. 30 mg. I know should be doable in a formula; 60 mg. is iffy. Any more than that would likely be a standalone type product cost wise.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Same for the most part. I’ve used more on occasion but generally 60mg.

The study on memory and attention used 90mg 2x daily, but that would be super costly.

Edit: I looked back at previous orders and for a while I was taking 90mg/day, and sometimes 180mg/day (I’m sure you can figure out the brand that offer Theracurmin in 90mg increments haha). 180mg is quite cost prohibitive. I now use 60mg and probably don’t notice much difference between 60mg and 90mg.

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thank you. 30 mg. I know should be doable in a formula; 60 mg. is iffy. Any more than that would likely be a standalone type product cost wise.
30mg in an anti-inflammatory product would be cool, then 60mg in a stand-alone product :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
30mg in an anti-inflammatory product would be cool, then 60mg in a stand-alone product :)
We already have the formulation for a comprehensive anti-inflammatory product complete ;)

30 mg. in this Curcumin idea may be doable though. Think 30 mg. would be good on top of 500 mg. of C3?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
We already have the formulation for a comprehensive anti-inflammatory product complete ;)

30 mg. in this Curcumin idea may be doable though. Think 30 mg. would be good on top of 500 mg. of C3?
Definitely. You thinking 30mg Theracurmin + 500mg C3 per cap, 60 caps a bottle?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm sorry but its against their NDA guidelines to release their prices.

We are considering both and there are multiple things that go into making the decision - which one is better, pricing, whether they will allow their ingredients to be used with other branded ingredients, etc.

This is an example of a product that should have been fairly simple but has been an incredible pain in the butt bc of how hard some of the branded ingredient companies are to deal with.
I have to imagine that some of these branded ingredients are like children for some of these companies especially if the current owners are the ones that actually created these ingredients. It is almost as if you are borrowing their children for your project and they are going to protect it like any good helicopter parent would lol.

This becomes a huge pain in the rear for SNS/CEL but I guess I can understand it to some extent.

I think the pricing question from the above poster was more along the lines of what SNS is thinking your end product MSRP will be. I could be wrong.....it happened once in 97' so anythings possible. lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have to imagine that some of these branded ingredients are like children for some of these companies especially if the current owners are the ones that actually created these ingredients. It is almost as if you are borrowing their children for your project and they are going to protect it like any good helicopter parent would lol.

This becomes a huge pain in the rear for SNS/CEL but I guess I can understand it to some extent.

I think the pricing question from the above poster was more along the lines of what SNS is thinking your end product MSRP will be. I could be wrong.....it happened once in 97' so anythings possible. lol
We deal with a lot of branded ingredient companies. In this particular situation, it had nothing to do with the branded ingredient company having good intentions, it had to do with ego. It's easier to put down a competitors ingredient when yours isn't in the same product with it. They entered into an agreement and then after labels were done went back on that agreement. That to me is indefensible. If they weren't willing to do it, cool, they should have said so - but screwing a company by changing after the labels are printed is just wrong. I think they basically thought we would remove the other companies ingredients instead of theirs and being that I think the other companies ingredient is better, we didn't. Instead, we removed theirs. Also, we had different ingredients of theirs that were going to be used in other formulas and we've pulled everything out by them and will never work with them again.

As far as Aaron's question, I think he was asking the price of one versus the other and I was just explaining that we can't give out that information. He understands, we've chatted about things like that before.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should C3 be taken 500mg 2x a day? What does C3 do more of? Joints or everything?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Should C3 be taken 500mg 2x a day? What does C3 do more of? Joints or everything?
I think at this point it’s better if you google as you’re asking some pretty non-proprietary, info-readily-available questions.

But alas, here you go. Click through the years and find info in the studies.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We deal with a lot of branded ingredient companies. In this particular situation, it had nothing to do with the branded ingredient company having good intentions, it had to do with ego. It's easier to put down a competitors ingredient when yours isn't in the same product with it. They entered into an agreement and then after labels were done went back on that agreement. That to me is indefensible. If they weren't willing to do it, cool, they should have said so - but screwing a company by changing after the labels are printed is just wrong. I think they basically thought we would remove the other companies ingredients instead of theirs and being that I think the other companies ingredient is better, we didn't. Instead, we removed theirs. Also, we had different ingredients of theirs that were going to be used in other formulas and we've pulled everything out by them and will never work with them again.

As far as Aaron's question, I think he was asking the price of one versus the other and I was just explaining that we can't give out that information. He understands, we've chatted about things like that before.
That is completely indefensible. It is unfortunate that a company such as that remains in business. Well, screw them to the moon and back.

I must have misunderstood Aarons question sorry, Do you have a MSRP in mind for the curc and or the inflamation product? Thamk you!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is completely indefensible. It is unfortunate that a company such as that remains in business. Well, screw them to the moon and back.

I must have misunderstood Aarons question sorry, Do you have a MSRP in mind for the curc and or the inflamation product? Thamk you!
It's too early to tell. Based off the way its looking, I would say somewhere in the 29.99 range will be the selling price.

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I keep reading conflicting information on optimizing Turmeric/Curcumin supplements. Should they be taken with food or without food? Currently using a C3 product with Bioperine.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curqfen

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I keep reading conflicting information on optimizing Turmeric/Curcumin supplements. Should they be taken with food or without food? Currently using a C3 product with Bioperine.
Agreed with poison. I personally take with a fatty meal if possible. Maybe not necessary, but just what I do

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curcumin is also senolytic so can be taken on an empty stomach for DNA damage benefits

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sabinsa has C3 Complex and C3 Reduct which looks like an extract of tetrahydrocurcuminoids from C3 Complex. Which would y’all be using?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read that BioCurc is the most absorbable form of curcumin available.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How many special curcumin products are on the market?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any time line on this stuff? I just ordered more Dr's best meriva to tide me over.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I bought 2 bottles of trader joes circumin caps for 7.99 (each) last time I was there. “Patiently” waiting for this product to come out.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I bought 2 bottles of trader joes circumin caps for 7.99 (each) last time I was there. “Patiently” waiting for this product to come out.
Any bioavailability enhancers? Nonetheless, good price and good for gut health without the absorption enhancers most likely

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curowhite looks interesting and might be one worth looking into adding.

I bought this from nootropics depot for my in laws. I hope they see results from it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any time line on this stuff? I just ordered more Dr's best meriva to tide me over.
I would like to say within the next 2 months. First time production takes awhile, especially with branded ingredients.

I'm about to dry up my Curcumin supply too and I am unsure what to do without SNS. :unsure:
We have finally finalized the formula and raws are on order. It will be a great product, just a matter of the raws coming in and getting through production now :)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any bioavailability enhancers? Nonetheless, good price and good for gut health without the absorption enhancers most likely
Nope, none. I just buy some standalone piperine and take it with that. It definitely isn’t being absorbed like the higher end products are but for 7.99 for the circumin i still think it’s worth it. From what I read on examine (i know, i know - not real primary lit but I love how they organize the info and link the studies), there are still effects despite poor absorption and that still cant really be explained. So although I know the higher end products offer more, i’m just hoping were just missing something with the standalone product that is poorly absorbed.

To get things back on topic, i will definitely be picking this SNS product up when it comes out. I just needed to go with the lower end “economical” product for a few months lol.

Boss240

Awards
In the meantime is this curcumin product any good?
Screenshot_20200901-222437_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In the meantime is this curcumin product any good?View attachment 197198
I honestly would look at other options besides Longvida. I also am super wary of random brands on Amazon (idk that brand so I could be wrong) and usually stick to Jarrow, Life Extension, or Dr Best when sourcing Curcumin for now (SNS once they drop theirs).

Seems a little expensive for Longvida as well.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would like to say within the next 2 months. First time production takes awhile, especially with branded ingredients.

We have finally finalized the formula and raws are on order. It will be a great product, just a matter of the raws coming in and getting through production now :)
I've read through some of this post and may have missed it, is this an upgrade change to an existing product or do you have a name for this newly developed product ?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nope, none. I just buy some standalone piperine and take it with that. It definitely isn’t being absorbed like the higher end products are but for 7.99 for the circumin i still think it’s worth it. From what I read on examine (i know, i know - not real primary lit but I love how they organize the info and link the studies), there are still effects despite poor absorption and that still cant really be explained. So although I know the higher end products offer more, i’m just hoping were just missing something with the standalone product that is poorly absorbed.

To get things back on topic, i will definitely be picking this SNS product up when it comes out. I just needed to go with the lower end “economical” product for a few months lol.
For sure, I mean, cultures/regions/people that consume a lot of tumeric naturally through diet aren’t using some phospholipid complex or what not lol.