Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ughhh......

I did cardio this morning and that went great. Had a great breakfast and meal 2 but it sucks now. I stopped by my work to pick somthing up and now im stuck here until at least 8. I dont have any food other than muscle milk. I already had an ON protein diet bar with 18gr sugar alcohol. I feel bloated. I probably wont be able to get into the gym 2nite either.

Weight was 192lbs this morning. Holding strong here going to lower cals again.

Dumping 2 scoops of BLAST in my mouth pre-cardio is really helping my get thru cardio, since I hate it.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Now this is interesting. MCT's are delievered directly to the liver via portal vein, and are believed to reach mitochondrial oxidation without the use of carnatine or the carnatine acyl-transferase enzymes. It still undergoes 2 carbon cleavage to yeild acetly groups for energy production. I don't really understand how that would effect a diet that is based largely on mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in nothing but a positive way.:think: If anything, it should actually free up carnatine and the carnatine enzymes to make carnatine transfer more effective.
This is from the Metabolic Diet:

"Medum chain triglycerides (MCTs) get a big thumb down for use with the Metabolic Diet. Very few foods actually contain MCTs, but you'll find some popular MCT supplements out there, mostly derived from coconut oil. Many people in a higher-fat regimen are bullish on these products. They say, "It's fat, why can't we use it?" The fact is that MCTs bypass the whole energy pathway we're trying to establish with the Metabolic Diet and can be very counterproductive.

Not that MCTs can't be helpful. They can be of great use on a diet high in complex carbs because of their protein sparing effects. But on the Metabolic Diet, the body ends up using the MCTs for energy instead of the long chain fatty acids that make up most body fat. As such, we end up bypassing the very metabolic goals the Metabolic Diet is set up to achieve: to burn its own fat and use those triglycerides as a primary energy source.

The long chain trglycerides utilized in the Metabolic Diet also have several advantages over the MCTs. They have an even greater protein-sparing effect than the MCTs. And along with decreasing the formation of bodyfat, they increase the amount of existing bodyfat borken down and greatly decrease bodyfat levels."

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ughhh......

I did cardio this morning and that went great. Had a great breakfast and meal 2 but it sucks now. I stopped by my work to pick somthing up and now im stuck here until at least 8. I dont have any food other than muscle milk. I already had an ON protein diet bar with 18gr sugar alcohol. I feel bloated. I probably wont be able to get into the gym 2nite either.

Weight was 192lbs this morning. Holding strong here going to lower cals again.

Dumping 2 scoops of BLAST in my mouth pre-cardio is really helping my get thru cardio, since I hate it.
Looking good DW, I'll be watching for the comparisions when you are done.:thumbsup:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is from the Metabolic Diet:

"Medum chain triglycerides (MCTs) get a big thumb down for use with the Metabolic Diet. Very few foods actually contain MCTs, but you'll find some popular MCT supplements out there, mostly derived from coconut oil. Many people in a higher-fat regimen are bullish on these products. They say, "It's fat, why can't we use it?" The fact is that MCTs bypass the whole energy pathway we're trying to establish with the Metabolic Diet and can be very counterproductive.

Not that MCTs can't be helpful. They can be of great use on a diet high in complex carbs because of their protein sparing effects. But on the Metabolic Diet, the body ends up using the MCTs for energy instead of the long chain fatty acids that make up most body fat. As such, we end up bypassing the very metabolic goals the Metabolic Diet is set up to achieve: to burn its own fat and use those triglycerides as a primary energy source.

The long chain trglycerides utilized in the Metabolic Diet also have several advantages over the MCTs. They have an even greater protein-sparing effect than the MCTs. And along with decreasing the formation of bodyfat, they increase the amount of existing bodyfat borken down and greatly decrease bodyfat levels."
It sounds like he is referring primarily to energy effiency with insulin blunting. Decreased insulin levels increase hormone sensative lipase. In turn HSL cleaves stored triglycerides(fat), to free fatty acids and glycerol. The FFA's in turn are transported to the liver to undergo mitochondrial and peroxisomal oxidation.

A big part of long chain fatty acid oxidation takes place in the peroxisome, whereas short and medium chain fatty acids are oxidized primarily in the mitochondria. With the addition of MCT's, energy formation would favor mitochondrial oxidation and a more efficent energy production, thus decreasing the need for long chain oxidation via peroxisomes, and subsequently decreasing the need for triglyceride cleavage.

If this is the primary pathway the book is talking about, I see now how it could decrease the diet's effectiveness.

I like learning new things like this.:D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't recall whether i own a copy of the metabolic diet or not. I need to buy one if i dont :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man not eating well yesterday killed me. 187.5lbs this morning before cardio :sad:

I got a little, just a little shakey from my BLAST this morining too. May have had somthing to do with only eating about 1,200cals yesterday and an empty stomach this morning.

cardio was great as always. 25min 10incline 3.3speed 275cals burned.

I'll do my final review on Blast later 2day. I'm trying to build up some suspense for this review,lol.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking forward to it.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SPIKE
VS.
BLAST

I will review Blast in each catagory and then pick a winner, if Blast is not the winner I will give a reason why

Energy
Blast gives a nice pick me up. No crazy rambling energy but it def makes doing things easier. For me I hate doing morning cardio, but after I'd groggle into the kitchen and slam 2 scoops Blast and chase with water i'd go lay back down and within 10-15 minutes I was wide awake and cardio was no thing.7.5/10​
Winner: Spike for all out energy. Hits me harder than ephedra.

Jitters
Blast gave me no jitters at all!!!! Even 2 scoops in the morning on an empty stomach. This morning there was a hint but I think it was because I had not really eaten much in the 24hours prior to that. 11/10.​
Yes an eleven!!! The energy:shakes ratio is unmatched my anything I have taken.​
Winner: Blast Spike gives me the worst shakes even with food in my stomach

Taste​
Blast has a really light light citrusy taste. orangey grapfruit. Easily can be mixed with anything to give it "your" flavor. I was just shooting it straight down the hatch and chanseing with water and it tasted well that way,lol. 8/10​
Winner: Spike. I'm sorry spike is just too good imo, I could drink it all day.

Feel Good Powers
Yea I made that up,lol. Blast made me feel really really good. I've never taken anything like that before and this aspect was awsome. The PEA really served me well. Nothing like beeing "high" or "drunk" but just a confident pick me up. I really started to notice this after a few days.10/10​
Winner: BlastI dont get this from Spike, period.

So looks like we have a tie :wtf:
Ok so here's how im going to lay it down. For strictly and energy supp to take on days your just dragging a s s. I would def reach for the tub of Blast before I'd look to the can of Spike
But.......
If your doing fine and just need a good kick in the pants at the gym, I'm hitting the can of Spike

Again which one is the hands down winner there has to be one right????? RIGHT.

So with that said the winner is................................

BLAST​

Just beats out Spike for a few simple reasons.
1.) Cost: ~80servings of blast is a little over $30. A case of spike (24cans) is that much.
2.) Versitility: For a little pick me up just shoot 1 scoop of BLAST and you can tackle the 8" of snow in your driveway, or that house work you've been putting off. I think you could get close to energy from spike if you hit 3 scoops but this is just speculation. I never tried it. Also you could throw a scoop in your Creatine Mono, Beta-Alanine, Arginine,etc...Your own mix. Spike foams up real bad, I've tried it.
3.) I had a spike the other morning on an empty stomach and felt coked out. (I've never done coke before but have been around some, so its an assumption) It was bad, wirery, shake's bad, cold feeling, raceing heart.....I dont get this bad when I take it about 45 min after my pre-workout meal.

Blast made my CKD much smoother than I could have ever imagined. Last time I went into no carbs I wasn't doing things quite the same but it was hell energy wise. Thats where BLAST shined the brightest.

There you go guys, any other questions throw em at me. Like promised I'll get some final pictures up.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I'm on week 4 of AD also. My meals today on carb up day are oatmeal, banana's, milk, supercarb, ezikiel bread, butter, some whey. Trying to keep it cleaner than I was before. We'll see what happens.

Speaking of BLAST, I could use some myself. I'm all out of pre-workout supplements.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
SPIKE
VS.
BLAST

I will review Blast in each catagory and then pick a winner, if Blast is not the winner I will give a reason why

Energy
Blast gives a nice pick me up. No crazy rambling energy but it def makes doing things easier. For me I hate doing morning cardio, but after I'd groggle into the kitchen and slam 2 scoops Blast and chase with water i'd go lay back down and within 10-15 minutes I was wide awake and cardio was no thing.7.5/10​
Winner: Spike for all out energy. Hits me harder than ephedra.

Jitters
Blast gave me no jitters at all!!!! Even 2 scoops in the morning on an empty stomach. This morning there was a hint but I think it was because I had not really eaten much in the 24hours prior to that. 11/10.​
Yes an eleven!!! The energy:shakes ratio is unmatched my anything I have taken.​
Winner: Blast Spike gives me the worst shakes even with food in my stomach

Taste​
Blast has a really light light citrusy taste. orangey grapfruit. Easily can be mixed with anything to give it "your" flavor. I was just shooting it straight down the hatch and chanseing with water and it tasted well that way,lol. 8/10​
Winner: Spike. I'm sorry spike is just too good imo, I could drink it all day.

Feel Good Powers
Yea I made that up,lol. Blast made me feel really really good. I've never taken anything like that before and this aspect was awsome. The PEA really served me well. Nothing like beeing "high" or "drunk" but just a confident pick me up. I really started to notice this after a few days.10/10​
Winner: BlastI dont get this from Spike, period.

So looks like we have a tie :wtf:
Ok so here's how im going to lay it down. For strictly and energy supp to take on days your just dragging a s s. I would def reach for the tub of Blast before I'd look to the can of Spike
But.......
If your doing fine and just need a good kick in the pants at the gym, I'm hitting the can of Spike

Again which one is the hands down winner there has to be one right????? RIGHT.

So with that said the winner is................................

BLAST​

Just beats out Spike for a few simple reasons.
1.) Cost: ~80servings of blast is a little over $30. A case of spike (24cans) is that much.
2.) Versitility: For a little pick me up just shoot 1 scoop of BLAST and you can tackle the 8" of snow in your driveway, or that house work you've been putting off. I think you could get close to energy from spike if you hit 3 scoops but this is just speculation. I never tried it. Also you could throw a scoop in your Creatine Mono, Beta-Alanine, Arginine,etc...Your own mix. Spike foams up real bad, I've tried it.
3.) I had a spike the other morning on an empty stomach and felt coked out. (I've never done coke before but have been around some, so its an assumption) It was bad, wirery, shake's bad, cold feeling, raceing heart.....I dont get this bad when I take it about 45 min after my pre-workout meal.

Blast made my CKD much smoother than I could have ever imagined. Last time I went into no carbs I wasn't doing things quite the same but it was hell energy wise. Thats where BLAST shined the brightest.

There you go guys, any other questions throw em at me. Like promised I'll get some final pictures up.
Very nice review. Refreshing to see some honesty in their as well with Spike. Good luck on your continued CKD

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. Awesome review DW, you did an outstanding log. Thanks for the detail.:thumbsup:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. Awesome review DW, you did an outstanding log. Thanks for the detail.:thumbsup:
Thank you for giving me the opportunity!!!!!

Since amphetamines are banned by the NCAA, I think I will be doing BLAST for the season. Since it has the Poseidon mix also. Should give me a nice edge without the shakes at the plate.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
DW, Great review. More than anything else I appreciate the honesty. It would be great if every log on every supplement had the same type of honesty. Refreshing!!!!

We really appreciate you taking the time to record your experience..

THANKS!!!!

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for giving me the opportunity!!!!!

Since amphetamines are banned by the NCAA, I think I will be doing BLAST for the season. Since it has the Poseidon mix also. Should give me a nice edge without the shakes at the plate.
Great review Distilled! What sport do you compete in?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hes the best danm centerfielder in the land!

Right DW? :thumbsup:
haha, damn straight Roid Rage.

I have been known to bring some nasty submarine sauce on the mound from time to time,lol.

I do pitch a little for one summer team. I'm a ringer for the HS team so thats why I do well :D