Stim crackdown alert

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weren't these always kind of gray-area stims anyways? Doesn't really change much.

*Waits for day they ban caffeine as a supplement*

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
examples include deterenol found in i-force dexaprine which i think i-force dc'ed years ago and best of all GREEN TEA EXTRACT, lol....

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that all of these besides Higenamine were already issues anyway.

Then Higenamine and Hordenine were added to an FDA advisory list in the past; but that list didn't necessarily make them illegal, it was just an advisory list. But it led Amazon to not allow them to be sold on there and for most companies to stop selling them.

Any company claiming DMAA to be legal have just been lying to themselves bc there are plenty of people that are already in jail or that have paid fines over that.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
examples include deterenol found in i-force dexaprine which i think i-force dc'ed years ago and best of all GREEN TEA EXTRACT, lol....
Dexaprine holy chit. When I took that it brought me back to the days of Labrada Charge and Hydroxycut with Ephedra.

Jitter jazzed complete nonsense mode. lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dexaprine holy chit. When I took that it brought me back to the days of Labrada Charge and Hydroxycut with Ephedra.

Jitter jazzed complete nonsense mode. lol.
lol...i remember vaughn true warning everyone not to take more than 1 dexaprine 👹

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s this vonedrine stimulant? Never heard of it and doesn’t seem to resemble any normal compounds

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any company claiming DMAA to be legal have just been lying to themselves bc there are plenty of people that are already in jail or that have paid fines over that.
They're posting DMAA supplements as "research - not for human consumption" as it says on the label for Dark Energy.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oxilofrine is Adafranil.
Octodrine is DMHA.

β-Methylphenethylamine (β-Me-PEA, BMPEA, or 1-amino-2-phenylpropane) is an organic compound of the phenethylamine class, and a positional isomer of the drug amphetamine, with which it shares some properties. In particular, both amphetamine and β-methylphenethylamine are human TAAR1 agonists.[1] In appearance, it is a colorless or yellowish liquid.
I didn't realize BMPEA was an amphetamine like drug.

So, let's make a list of supplements with these compounds in them and buy them before they get banned.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
They're posting DMAA supplements as "research - not for human consumption" as it says on the label for Dark Energy.

There have been multiple convictions of people and companies selling it as a dietary supplement.
There have been multiple conviction of people and companies selling it as a research chemical.

If it was as simple as putting the word research chemical on the bottles, USP Labs would have done that originally.
Or Hi-Tech would have done that rather than spending millions of dollars fighting the government over it.

There are always going to be people and companies that think it won't happen to them until it does. The part that affects everyone else is that it reflects badly on the industry as a whole and gets them looking at more stuff or more broader reaching regulations.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There have been multiple convictions of people and companies selling it as a dietary supplement.
There have been multiple conviction of people and companies selling it as a research chemical.

If it was as simple as putting the word research chemical on the bottles, USP Labs would have done that originally.
Or Hi-Tech would have done that rather than spending millions of dollars fighting the government over it.

There are always going to be people and companies that think it won't happen to them until it does. The part that affects everyone else is that it reflects badly on the industry as a whole and gets them looking at more stuff or more broader reaching regulations.
Yeah, I can understand from an industry standpoint it makes the entire supplement industry look bad. But, OTOH, I want my illegal stimz!!!

Oxilofrine
Yeah you're right, it's methylsynephrine. For some reason when I googled it the first time, adafranil came up.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I can understand from an industry standpoint it makes the entire supplement industry look bad. But, OTOH, I want my illegal stimz!!!
I understand. I just fear that companies are going to keep pushing it until you can't get hardly any stims at all.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand. I just fear that companies are going to keep pushing it until you can't get hardly any stims at all.
They'll always be some company that sells this stuff, unless the DEA schedules it. In which case, it'll be on the dark web.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Shame they didn't test Excelsior. I've never heard of 90% of these products.
Most of them on there are more well-known mainstream wise than Excelsior. I think that's why Excelsior intentionally tries to keep a low profile.

It's interesting to me that it seems the main reason for them testing it was for the Isopropylnorsynephrine. A lot of companies use that and have tried to make the argument that it was legal.

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Most of them on there are more well-known mainstream wise than Excelsior. I think that's why Excelsior intentionally tries to keep a low profile.

It's interesting to me that it seems the main reason for them testing it was for the Isopropylnorsynephrine. A lot of companies use that and have tried to make the argument that it was legal.
Aren't most of these companies owned by HiTech?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Aren't most of these companies owned by HiTech?
If I'm not mistaken, Hi-Tech either either owns or has investments in a couple of them.
For a couple of them, I'm not sure if Hi-Tech has any ownership in them or just does manufacturing for them.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny that STEEL is on the list and not SWOLE also

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn I sure miss ephedra.
You can now buy pure ephedrine as Bronkaid Max. It's behind the counter in most pharmacies and contains nothing but ephedrine sulphate. But, I miss the good ole herb ephedra too.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can't believe nobody liked my list. It took me a good 45 minutes to hunt down those products and put them in order. :cry:
You did a good job finding the list; I hadn't seen it yet I don't think.

There's something on the list very interesting about one particular company but I don't want to be the one to point it out. But hint to anyone - look closely at the what was tested versus what wasn't in the detected column :ROFLMAO:

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You did a good job finding the list; I hadn't seen it yet I don't think.

There's something on the list very interesting about one particular company but I don't want to be the one to point it out. But hint to anyone - look closely at the what was tested versus what wasn't in the detected column :ROFLMAO:
Well, both the ALR supplements are discontinued, so I can't guess those, and the only other 2 products with 3 other ingredients are 10 Seconds to Launch and Thermo Shock. So I give us. PM me or give us a hint, Let's do charades to try and figure it out.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, both the ALR supplements are discontinued, so I can't guess those, and the only other 2 products with 3 other ingredients are 10 Seconds to Launch and Thermo Shock. So I give us. PM me or give us a hint, Let's do charades to try and figure it out.
Sorry, I don't speak badly about anyone so I'm not going to comment on it further. I just found it interesting.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, I don't speak badly about anyone so I'm not going to comment on it further. I just found it interesting.
Cmoooonnn... give us a clue. Or at least tell us what you meant by it's "very interesting".

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cmoooonnn... give us a clue. Or at least tell us what you meant by it's "very interesting".
My hint was in my first post. I said:

But hint to anyone - look closely at the what was tested versus what wasn't in the detected column. - meaning that what was tested for should be in the detected column if it was actually in the product.

I have a policy that I don't talk negatively about companies so I'm not going to say anything else about it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
FDA wants to ban stims but the state of Oregon decriminalized all drugs last November. Makes a whole lot of sense.
i remember back in high school all the fat girls got prescription black beauties, once a month those fat girls were very popular, lol.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i remember back in high school all the fat girls got prescription black beauties, once a month those fat girls were very popular, lol.
What are black beauties? Some kind of amphetamine?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What are black beauties? Some kind of amphetamine?
look em up...used to be amphetamine 'clinics' back in the day much as the testosterone 'clinics' of today.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strangely enough, urbandictionary had a great definition for them.

Black Beauties
CLIFFS: Black Beauties were basically Adderall.

"Black beauty" was a drug street-name used in the '60s and '70s to refer to a pill of pharmaceutical amphetamine (aka speed). Strictly speaking, a black beauty was a tablet of Biphetamine, manufactured by Strasenburgh Labs, then Pennwalt Corporation, and finally Fisons Corporation, before finally being pulled from the market in 1998. Chemically speaking, it was composed of an even, racemic mixture of dextro- and levo- amphetamine, very similar to today's Adderall. Contrary to what other definitions might say, both the d- and l- isomers of amphetamine are active and "fun." In fact, while d-amp is technically the stronger isomer, the racemic d/l mixtures are actually more stimulating, more abusable, and create more of a drug "high."

The term "black beauty" was also extended to include Biphetamine-T, which was a ridiculously abusable mixture of the aforementioned amphetamines, plus methaqualone (aka Quaalude). Both Biphetamine mixtures were available in 12.5mg and 20mg tablets.

Black Beauties were popular in the 60s and 70s, especially following post-war eras, when it stopped being shipped to our soldiers overseas and suddenly built up as a surplus on the home front. This amphetamine surplus eventually trickled out onto the streets where it was consumed recreationally. Amphetamines were not made illegal to buy without a prescription until 1965, so amphetamine use at the time was widely considered a cheap, legal alternative to cocaine, and its abuse wasn't considered taboo. It wasn't uncommon for housewives of the '50s and '60s to secretly pop speed pills and proceed to go on marathon 8-hour cleaning sessions. Amphetamine use continued rather uninhibited until that asshole Nixon came into office and passed the Controlled Substances Act in 1970 (aka the law under which all street drugs are now illegal) and "The War on Drugs" was born. Pharmaceutical amphetamine abuse dwindled after that, and all the speed pills of the '60s and '70s began to disappear off the market. By the late '90s, most pills were just a distant memory. Of course, the past decade has brought a sudden rash of ADD/ADHD cases (or diagnoses rather), so now we're in the middle of a new speed "epidemic." Kids everywhere are once again abusing uppers (Ritalin/Adderall/Dexedrine) just like your parents abused black beauties in the early '70s.
The term "black beauties" specifically refers to Biphetamine, but more loosely refers to the myriad of amphetamine combo pills that your hippie parents abused when they were young. The definition can be further loosened to include the amphetamine + barbituate combos of the day. Fun notables include Desbutal (methamphetamine + pentobarbital) and Dexamyl (dex-amphetamine + amobarbital). With the modern-day legal crackdown on amphetamines, and the near complete extinction of barbituates (after the introduction of benzos), all these wildly abusable pills have ceased to exist, and remain only as figments of your parents' memories.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My hint was in my first post. I said:

But hint to anyone - look closely at the what was tested versus what wasn't in the detected column. - meaning that what was tested for should be in the detected column if it was actually in the product.

I have a policy that I don't talk negatively about companies so I'm not going to say anything else about it.
I saw one that looked up as “vonedrine” in the article. Anyone know what that is?

Bigmac2013

Bigmac2013

Awards
Already banned ingredients. I'm sure there are some shady places where you can still obtain 1,3 DMAA just like you can still find some places that sell ECA and all sorts of other stuff.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw one that looked up as “vonedrine” in the article. Anyone know what that is?

Appears to be a nasal decongestant, like most of these are.

Vonedrine (phenylpropylmethylamine). Clinical study of a new nasal decongestant, Looks like an old one from the 30s or 40s.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Already banned ingredients. I'm sure there are some shady places where you can still obtain 1,3 DMAA just like you can still find some places that sell ECA and all sorts of other stuff.
The only one I found surprising on there at all was Higenamine, because it and hordenine were added to the advisory list, but its on the same list as Laxogenin, for example. And that wasn't presented as a ban list.

Agreed on what you're saying about the DMAA. Something about that that surprises me is that its likes people don't stop to think that they really have no idea what they're getting - its not like companies quality test their illegal ingredients lol.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only one I found surprising on there at all was Higenamine, because it and hordenine were added to the advisory list, but its on the same list as Laxogenin, for example. And that wasn't presented as a ban list.

Agreed on what you're saying about the DMAA. Something about that that surprises me is that its likes people don't stop to think that they really have no idea what they're getting - its not like companies quality test their illegal ingredients lol.
Why is Laxogenin on the ban list? I thought that was just a hoaky ingredient that didn't do anything?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

before it got banned guys kept saying that the dmaa wasn't as good as it had been before.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why is Laxogenin on the ban list? I thought that was just a hoaky ingredient that didn't do anything?
You quoted my post saying that wasn't presented as a ban list but as an advisory list to ask me why its on the ban list? I'm just pointing that out because I never said it was on any ban list. I said it was on the same list as Higenamine, which was an advisory list and not specifically a ban list. That is why I was surprised that Higenamine was listed on the test results.

As to the reason it's on there - most likely because most of it is a synthetic ingredient and some companies say on their supplement facts that its derived from an herb when most of it isn't.

And I wouldn't call it hokey. There is a lot of raw material discrepancies on it and its also an example of an ingredient that seems to work well for some people but not others.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You quoted my post saying that wasn't presented as a ban list but as an advisory list to ask me why its on the ban list? I'm just pointing that out because I never said it was on any ban list. I said it was on the same list as Higenamine, which was an advisory list and not specifically a ban list. That is why I was surprised that Higenamine was listed on the test results.
My mistake.

As to the reason it's on there - most likely because most of it is a synthetic ingredient and some companies say on their supplement facts that its derived from an herb when most of it isn't.

And I wouldn't call it hokey. There is a lot of raw material discrepancies on it and its also an example of an ingredient that seems to work well for some people but not others.

I see. Very interesting.