Christian Friends ( <----seriously ) Your opinion, and something I cant define.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Something i have been pondering about. Havent had a preist to talk to about this but, was curious what yall thought.

Bodybuilding= The process of developing the musculature of the body through specific types of diet and physical exercise, such as weightlifting, especially for competitive exhibition.
How can this sport not be an act of worshiping idols?
Bare with me now, Since we are all into the same "obsession", To become "perfect". For example, We train day in and day out, trying to eat, count calories, plan diets, buy supplements, check bodyfat, etc. etc. We flex in mirrors, to either watch poses, or to admire our work.

How can this not be worshipping ourselves?

Now I understand there are grey areas, black or white, but this is something that could be a good reminder for me and you.

Then there is also the other side.....
Steroids..... Call em what you will.... prohormones, anabolics, aah, etc. etc. How can this be justified?
Could you take it to an extreme of, eating organic.... "treating our body as a temple" i know you have heard it. But I really dont think taking them and in your mind knowing they are wrong is even more wrong. Dont have my bible on hand.....

But isnt it a medicine? Serms, Sarms, herbal test boosters, so on and so on...... Test enth for example could be considered natural..... Yes we make it.... But..... Yeah..... Where do you take it to.....

Bodybuilding..... Competitions.... boasting in gains? See where im going with this?

Now in defence i LOVE this sport.... I dream about getting bigger daily. But I still keep my focus, and keep it as priority one, on Jehovah in to become stronger mentally and wiser in HIM daily.

I guess the main 'vague' question is, is this sport a SIN?

SImple answer would be as long as you keep focus on HIM, and do everything in HIS name.....

But im not looking for that kind of answer LOL

GOd BLess. Up for much debate! :) [HR][/HR]

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not trying to be perfect. I'm just trying to be better. For all kinds of reasons... From me being a Corpsman and needi g to be there for my team to enjoying the endorphins from a good workout and the accomplishment of achieving a feat I have not done or others rarely do. Though in aspect to religious stand points I may not have much to say as I am not religious. I do ask this though. Would you say an artist or writer that went through many renditions to produce a final product that was idolizing? I wouldn't. Same as with bodybuilding. Just cause you are focused or even fixated on something IMO does not mean you are idolizing or false worshipping. At least not unless you believe that your body that you are building is in fact some sort of deity rather than a temple, clay to be molded, or just a piece of meat.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this sport a sin? Well I would not think so. Could people who participate in it be sinners and possibly lay victim to one or more of the 7 deadly sins or against the 10 commandments and what not? Sure.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
True. This where I stand to. But as some are extremists. What about the environment? I mean baseball, football, etc... dont really catagorize in the same field. Those sports are normally as a TEAM. Not on one individual self.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I think its all in what YOU make it....

Sure it can be a sin if it envelopes you to the point that it takes precedence over your relationship with God and our Saviour...

But done in moderation, as with all things, I think it is MUCH more treating our body like a temple then others do ignoring their personal health and subsequent looks.

On the topic of Supplementation, both hormonal and not... I think this is something that will have to be decided individually as well... I for one think that as long as what I am taking is legal, its done in a wise and safe manner with all precautions taken and following up with regular bloodwork and physicians appointments, then yes its fine. God gave us the miracles of modern medicine for our use and benefit as did he every living thing and plant. I think they should all be used for thier intended purposes though and the use of alchohols, drugs for recreational highs and the like are NOT what they were placed here for and most the time promote destructive behavior.

I recently spoke with my bishop about these things, namely steroid use. He agrees with me that if its legal and done in moderation with all things taken into consideration and being well informed on what it is I am doing... there is nothing wrong with it. Once its crossed over to using illegal substances though, your breaking the laws of the land in which you reside, that wether or not you agree with them, you should uphold and support.

I personally find this lifestyle has SAVED me... when not working out and maintaining a healthy life, I quickly succomb to temptation, substance abuse and am dragged away from doing those things that draw me closer to God... when I DO live this lifestyle, I find I am a happy person, have no wants or desires for the use of illicit substances, have the feeling of the spirit with me more frequently and make life improving decisions, all the while building up this valuable temple the Lord has bestowed upon me to have while on this earth.

I dont think this should be a quandry at all... Pray about it and think about how you TRULY hold it in your minds eye, you should already know the answer for YOU... what may be something that is my saving grace, could very well be your pit of sin and something that you should re-evaluate what status it holds in your life.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I think its all in what YOU make it....

Sure it can be a sin if it envelopes you to the point that it takes precedence over your relationship with God and our Saviour...

But done in moderation, as with all things, I think it is MUCH more treating our body like a temple then others do ignoring their personal health and subsequent looks.

On the topic of Supplementation, both hormonal and not... I think this is something that will have to be decided individually as well... I for one think that as long as what I am taking is legal, its done in a wise and safe manner with all precautions taken and following up with regular bloodwork and physicians appointments, then yes its fine. God gave us the miracles of modern medicine for our use and benefit as did he every living thing and plant. I think they should all be used for thier intended purposes though and the use of alchohols, drugs for recreational highs and the like are NOT what they were placed here for and most the time promote destructive behavior.

I recently spoke with my bishop about these things, namely steroid use. He agrees with me that if its legal and done in moderation with all things taken into consideration and being well informed on what it is I am doing... there is nothing wrong with it. Once its crossed over to using illegal substances though, your breaking the laws of the land in which you reside, that wether or not you agree with them, you should uphold and support.

I personally find this lifestyle has SAVED me... when not working out and maintaining a healthy life, I quickly succomb to temptation, substance abuse and am dragged away from doing those things that draw me closer to God... when I DO live this lifestyle, I find I am a happy person, have no wants or desires for the use of illicit substances, have the feeling of the spirit with me more frequently and make life improving decisions, all the while building up this valuable temple the Lord has bestowed upon me to have while on this earth.

I dont think this should be a quandry at all... Pray about it and think about how you TRULY hold it in your minds eye, you should already know the answer for YOU... what may be something that is my saving grace, could very well be your pit of sin and something that you should re-evaluate what status it holds in your life.
Very nice sir. Moderation is key. Alcohol and such. Now upholding the laws of your country, i can agree on. Hmmm. Now You make it sound good. But you could take this once again into deep thought or just make it as simple as possible..... Which i can have no problem with making it simple.
Now for the "God gave us the miracles of modern medicine for our use and benefit as did he every living thing and plant. I think they should all be used for thier intended purposes though and the use of alchohols, drugs for recreational highs and the like are NOT what they were placed here for and most the time promote destructive behavior." This could be used for the same context of mary j.... Mary j can be used for anxiety, or even multiple use. Which and so only a few states allow the use of it medically. But for something to be ok to be used because its legal, doesnt sound a good enough reason. I understand where your coming from.... But alcohol was once illegal.... This would make it a sin to drink alcohol when it was illegal, even though once again.... in moderation there is nothing wrong with alcohol and can be beneficial, hard liquors, beers and wine.

So then Only certain prohormones would be ok to take. Because once again only few are illegal.....
Now i understand why you say abiding the laws that are given at hand..... in the country you live in....

But.... It just seems hypocritical..... "I can take this stuff cause its legal, even though its a steroid basically, but i cant take the stuff it naturally accurs from...."

Now I try to catch myself all the time on self image worship. I also thank God everyday for my health, body, and the gifts HE has given me. Not rhard since i used to have chronic crohnes disease, since it used to be hard for me to keep muscle. But for people that dont have those problems, i can see how they could get an "ARMSTRONG" thought process. (I did this, its all me type thinking.). It would be very easy.... So if you could use this sport or any sport as an act of worship and/or ministry towards others. I see no wrong.... For me i would love to show it as a "God healed me kinda thing" While, with the Lords hand, winning comps.... If Lords will that is.

I know im not going to get a black and white answer.....

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Interesting.

I've always thought that I am glorifying God and my body which is his temple, when I train.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I also struggled with this issue in the past. However, worshiping the body and working to maintain and/or improving your physique and overall health is quite another. We do a lot of things to improve the way we look or the way other people envision us. We buy new and/or expensive clothing. We cut our hair, trim our nails, brush our teeth put on makeup, etc. We buy nice looking cars a nice house and many other things to improve the way we are seen. Why is bodybuilding any different? Moreover, if done properly, it is good for our overall health and we are told that our bodies are the temple of the Lord. Should we not maintain the place where the Lord dwells? If we were stranded on a deserted island would any of these things matter? Probably not, however we were not meant to be alone and if we do not at least make ourselves acceptable by society standards, our witness will be hindered. Our mission in life should be to a witness to others. I try to be a witness even at the gym.

As far as steroids are concerned, the Bible never supports breaking the law, unless it contridicts God's law. We are told to render unto Caesar what is due Caesar and unto God what is due God. Moreover, breaking the law would hinder our withness. Even so there are legal products that are detrimental to our health, Superdrol is one that comes to mind. Since our bodies are the temple of the Lord and the primary purpose of exercise should be to maintain or even improve the temple, the use of anything that is detrimental, legal or otherwise, should not be acceptable.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Interesting.

I've always thought that I am glorifying God and my body which is his temple, when I train.
True. Can also agree with this. Not to make you feel awkward, or defensive..... Its just another thought and how our sinfill nature can turn on us. You might be strong in this area, since the Lord gives us many gifts. :)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I also struggled with this issue in the past. However, worshiping the body and working to maintain and/or improving your physique and overall health is quite another. We do a lot of things to improve the way we look or the way other people envision us. We buy new and/or expensive clothing. We cut our hair, trim our nails, brush our teeth put on makeup, etc. We buy nice looking cars a nice house and many other things to improve the way we are seen. Why is bodybuilding any different? Moreover, if done properly, it is good for our overall health and we are told that our bodies are the temple of the Lord. Should we not maintain the place where the Lord dwells? If we were stranded on a deserted island would any of these things matter? Probably not, however we were not meant to be alone and if we do not at least make ourselves acceptable by society standards, our witness will be hindered. Our mission in life should be to a witness to others. I try to be a witness even at the gym.

As far as steroids are concerned, the Bible never supports breaking the law, unless it contridicts God's law. We are told to render unto Caesar what is due Caesar and unto God what is due God. Moreover, breaking the law would hinder our withness. Even so there are legal products that are detrimental to our health, Superdrol is one that comes to mind. Since our bodies are the temple of the Lord and the primary purpose of exercise should be to maintain or even improve the temple, the use of anything that is detrimental, legal or otherwise, should not be acceptable.
This Is the kind of answer i was looking for BBB. This was my final thought process, earlier, but was wanting to hear it from another felow bber.
On both self imaging and steroids.
I myself am struggling with, anabolic use. I will need to pray about it cause im coming to the same conclusion, but would still like to justify it....

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This Is the kind of answer i was looking for BBB. This was my final thought process, earlier, but was wanting to hear it from another felow bber.
On both self imaging and steroids.
I myself am struggling with, anabolic use. I will need to pray about it cause im coming to the same conclusion, but would still like to justify it....
It sounds like in your heart you already know what you feel it true. Searching for a way to justify or rationalize it will not likely make it any better for you in the end. Everything I ever did wrong in life I pretty much already knew it was wrong and came up with great rationals why I did it. The fact if the matter is I knew and did it any ways.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like in your heart you already know what you feel it true. Searching for a way to justify or rationalize it will not likely make it any better for you in the end. Everything I ever did wrong in life I pretty much already knew it was wrong and came up with great rationals why I did it. The fact if the matter is I knew and did it any ways.
This is true copycat. Your right. im very stubborn.... :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't had a chance to read the responses, yet (I will in just a bit, but wanted to post before I lost my train of thought).

First, excellent post! I'm really glad you posted this. I think bodybuilding, like anything else, can be done in a way that's pure or isn't. It all depends on your intentions and what you know in both your mind and heart.

I was actually struggling with this a ways back and I had become sucked into pursuit of perfection and lost sight of the bigger picture. I think bodybuilding is part of a healthy lifestyle that can glorify God. I think it's also a very thin line and really easy to step off and be going in the complete, opposite direction.

I'm at work, so I have to bail for a bit, but I'll elaborate in a little while.

Great thread!

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
At 5'-8" and 185 lbs you are by no means a small person. I happen to be the same height and weight and I get comments about how big I am all of the time even though I don't think I'm very big at all. My wife and daughters always buy extra large shirts (they think I'm bigger than I really am) and I have to take them back and exchange them. I have several people that like to workout with me. I aways tell them not to worry about what anyone else in the gym is lifting or what they look like. We all have different genetics. In bodybuilding you are only competing with yourself.
The secret to happiness is learning to be content with what God has given you. Remember, everything is this life is temporal including your body.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
As an atheist, I don't have to worry about it. Yay!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
read the title.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To go a little bit more in depth, I'll touch on anabolics and more specifically illegal steroid use. BBB hit the nail on the head. I'll admit that I feel the way you do, OP. I have certainly felt the want to use those compounds and my mental justification was always that it was more of a law of man and one that made no sense to me. The fact that alcohol and cigarettes are perfectly legal never sat well with me in comparison to AAS. I've only used epi/hdrol and did that once about 15 months ago. To be honest, I never had any need for hormonal products and didn't want to use them. The only thing that pushed me over the edge was the fact that I couldn't lose the fat I had despite having a stellar diet (for a long time; not just a short-term thing) and an intense workout schedule. I'd even used clen and it wouldn't do it (another illegal, mind you). The only reason I still contemplate doing it is because whenever I get these underlying medical issues resolved, I'd love to run a quick cycle to maintain the muscle I have and just get rid of all the fat that I should have never had in the first place. I struggle with that and still haven't entirely made up my mind, to be honest.

But yeah, by definition, there's not anything inherently wrong with bodybuilding, just like there isn't anything wrong with some other activities. But one's intent and where his or her heart lies can easily change that.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had the same thought with bodybuilding, and what made it even more complicated is that I have a passion for music too so I threw that into the equation. These Christian artists obviously spend lots of time making their music perfect not only to them and their fans, but to their producers. So in the pursuit of perfection, either bodybuilding and music are both right or they're both wrong.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
read the title.
Sorry. My interest here stems from the fact that I was once a Christian.

The deal is, if bodybuilding doesn't interfere with the good works you do, or prevent you from living a life that is pleasing to your god, then you have nothing to worry about. Bodybuilding and Christianity aren't mutually exclusive, so dissonance isn't necessary.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
you also have the desires and passions for the things you do for a reason.

don't miss out on amazing opportunities by getting too legalistic.

I believe you know in your heart when it becomes sin

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
At 5'-8" and 185 lbs you are by no means a small person. I happen to be the same height and weight and I get comments about how big I am all of the time even though I don't think I'm very big at all. My wife and daughters always buy extra large shirts (they think I'm bigger than I really am) and I have to take them back and exchange them. I have several people that like to workout with me. I aways tell them not to worry about what anyone else in the gym is lifting or what they look like. We all have different genetics. In bodybuilding you are only competing with yourself.
The secret to happiness is learning to be content with what God has given you. Remember, everything is this life is temporal including your body.
This is true sir... My gf def reminds me everyday that im a decently sized little man :). But its so easy to get caught up in the wanting to get bigger everyday...... Im a little dude in a big man heart and mind..... I agree with compramise.... But it becomes very dissapointing to agree to stay this size..... Alll my life since i was a high schooler wanted to be the size of jay cutler...... Lol.....

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Agreed but as long as we dont start going on a debate about whether or not God is real...... Always seems to happen.... lol
hahahhah

I gave up on the end times prophecy thread cuz of this

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Sorry. My interest here stems from the fact that I was once a Christian.

The deal is, if bodybuilding doesn't interfere with the good works you do, or prevent you from living a life that is pleasing to your god, then you have nothing to worry about. Bodybuilding and Christianity aren't mutually exclusive, so dissonance isn't necessary.
True true true. Ill have to agree with an un beleiver. :p.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

And this is true sir because of the holy spirit. We can feel this so called "feeling" that will make it awkward for us.... But just like reasons stated above by midwest.... Cigs are legal..... Kind of a slap in the face honestly.... Steroids CAn be considered a good thing........ medically, etc. Cigs ,can not be considered a good thing in any way shape or form.... not even in moderation......

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Agreed but as long as we dont start going on a debate about whether or not God is real...... Always seems to happen.... lol
understood...

his second post was more on point though and explanatory of the first to a degree...

I have enjoyed all the other posts in here as well, Great topic OP.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
hahahhah

I gave up on the end times prophecy thread cuz of this
Bro i was there.... And gave up on it also.... It was very funny though..... Still turned into a good read even though it wasnt curent with topic....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I had the same thought with bodybuilding, and what made it even more complicated is that I have a passion for music too so I threw that into the equation. These Christian artists obviously spend lots of time making their music perfect not only to them and their fans, but to their producers. So in the pursuit of perfection, either bodybuilding and music are both right or they're both wrong.
Yeah you can def take everything into concept about how we can all get into a sinfull habit without even realizing it. Thank God For Holy Spirit. :)
Music is very hard to change for me..... But there is still music that can be uplifting and still long the lines of "good" that arent christian music....

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
And this is true sir because of the holy spirit. We can feel this so called "feeling" that will make it awkward for us.... But just like reasons stated above by midwest.... Cigs are legal..... Kind of a slap in the face honestly.... Steroids CAn be considered a good thing........ medically, etc. Cigs ,can not be considered a good thing in any way shape or form.... not even in moderation......
Before I even convened with my Bishop on the subject this is what drove me...

I could be on cycle, I could be making myself into a better person AND I could have the strong presence of the Spirit with me. I dont think that I could have had that company had I been participating in a sinful act.

The discourse with my Bishop was to confirm also what I already knew.... that although there is nothing wrong with steroids when used in moderation and done so wisely, that the moment you are breaking the law, it becomes a sin. So Im limited to that which man has not made illegal in my country and that which a doctor can prescribe to me.

So while I think that the act of cycling can be a sinful one, it can also be a helpful and healthy one.... It all depends on how far you take it, the key is always using the brain God gave you AND following the promptings of the Spirit.

The Act of BBing itself is also dependent on YOU and the level of pride, self idol worship and the return from the Spirit that comes from it all.

I think you may have already said this, its not all black and white.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I have thought about making the workout more of a devotion. Read the Bible before working out... What started this idea for me was my church has a workout devotion for women.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I could be on cycle, I could be making myself into a better person AND I could have the strong presence of the Spirit with me. I dont think that I could have had that company had I been participating in a sinful act.

The discourse with my Bishop was to confirm also what I already knew.... that although there is nothing wrong with steroids when used in moderation and done so wisely, that the moment you are breaking the law, it becomes a sin. So Im limited to that which man has not made illegal in my country and that which a doctor can prescribe to me.

So while I think that the act of cycling can be a sinful one, it can also be a helpful and healthy one.... It all depends on how far you take it, the key is always using the brain God gave you AND following the promptings of the Spirit.

The Act of BBing itself is also dependent on YOU and the level of pride, self idol worship and the return from the Spirit that comes from it all.

So what you're saying is that we should all just move to Europe and then we're good. Got it. ;) haha

But in all seriousness, it pains me to agree with you. All logic defies this, but scripture is cut and dry on most everything without room for us to argue a justification (as frustrating as that may be).

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

So then theres me back to square one. lol!!! I agree brotheh. Its such a touchy and confusing subject because its so grey...... This is why my head has been hurting thinking about it..... I guess its not as bad as we would like to proclaim..... And what makes it bad is what society makes it. Which then could make you a "bad" example, or witness to others...... Oooooooo Theres a good one lol Think about that one.....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
But then Even if society is the reason steroids are illegal and "wrong". Then this doesnt necesarily meen its wrong..... Example....
If society says its not wrong to sleep with a prostitute, doesnt meen its ok.... Little bit of a strong example but you get the picture...
So you could preach about how its not wrong?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
So what you're saying is that we should all just move to Europe and then we're good. Got it. ;) haha

But in all seriousness, it pains me to agree with you. All logic defies this, but scripture is cut and dry on most everything without room for us to argue a justification (as frustrating as that may be).
LOL... believe me it was even shooting through the back of my mind as I typed it myself... LOL... I could go on vacation and run a cycle while Im there CAUSE ITS LEGAL! but not once Im back...

One thing to spur us into being more active in our government... not that it will always have an effect, even with the voices of many, the dollars of a few will keep the laws going where they want them...

Its a sad thing to have to live at the mercy of another man/men.... Cant wait till its all done and perfected.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

Agreed. It is pretty cut a dry..... maybe we are just thinking to hard into it..... Even though a shot of test is pretty invigorating....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
LOL... believe me it was even shooting through the back of my mind as I typed it myself... LOL... I could go on vacation and run a cycle while Im there CAUSE ITS LEGAL! but not once Im back...

One thing to spur us into being more active in our government... not that it will always have an effect, even with the voices of many, the dollars of a few will keep the laws going where they want them...

Its a sad thing to have to live at the mercy of another man/men.... Cant wait till its all done and perfected.
Agreed... Ill just move lol

GTB

Awards

I have to agree with you brother. I come a legalistic background, and the only fruit in my life was the ability to be critical of others(that's bad fruit)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5,6

To the OP, it is wise to seek many counselors, and I believe that you are looking for confirmation from others. There is going to be difference of opinion even on this thread because we are all here because we love what we do.

By definition an idol is ANYTHING that is esteemed or regarded more highly than our Saviour. If we are not careful everything has the potential to become an idol. The question is have you made it your idol, by placing it on the throne room of your heart.

I will throw this out there do you spend more time researching information about bodybuiding/training than you do reading the Word? I do sometimes, and I am convicted and set things in proper order again. I don't think it is sinful, but it can be a stumbling block. Make the Lord a priority and enjoy His blessings like working out and being able to share your experience with others. Use the blessings He has given you as a platform to give Him praise.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. It is pretty cut a dry..... maybe we are just thinking to hard into it..... Even though a shot of test is pretty invigorating....
Well, what it is is that we don't agree with man's law. In that respect, anytime we speed, we're breaking the same laws. So, as Christians, should we always drive the speed limit? not go 5mph over the limit on the Interstate just because it's commonly done and not ticketed?

It's an interesting debate. I know I definitely go 4mph over the limit when I drive on the Interstate between here and my hometown. Does that count as sinning? In principle, it probably should. But if not, then where is the line drawn?

I don't think things were meant to be so complicated when the Bible was written, but at the same time, even all that long ago, it can still be accurately applied, today. And maybe it's just us not being willing enough to be submissive.

It's tough to say.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
So then theres me back to square one. lol!!! I agree brotheh. Its such a touchy and confusing subject because its so grey...... This is why my head has been hurting thinking about it..... I guess its not as bad as we would like to proclaim..... And what makes it bad is what society makes it. Which then could make you a "bad" example, or witness to others...... Oooooooo Theres a good one lol Think about that one.....
I like to think that in actuality I'm a great example to others, that despite my "socially unacceptable actions" I am an otherwise upstanding citizen and a faithful follower of Christ... might help to dispel some of the MYTH and LIES that these people have propagated to them by the media and a government that would like to oppress us and have us dependent wholly upon them...

By causing others to ask questions maybe I will have the chance to inform them of the truth. It will then be their choice to accept it for what it is or choose ignorance/belligerence, as is their choice with all things.

Just cause they have been taught a lie does not mean that I should then conform to their views cause thats whats acceptable... I feel its my job to enlighten them, on all fronts, both spiritually and physically.

Do you catch my drift?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will throw this out there do you spend more time researching information about bodybuiding/training than you do reading the Word? I do sometimes, and I am convicted and set things in proper order again. I don't think it is sinful, but it can be a stumbling block. Make the Lord a priority and enjoy His blessings like working out and being able to share your experience with others. Use the blessings He has given you as a platform to give Him praise.
Excellent statement.

I've noticed my own priorities going that way in life and I have to actively try to correct things.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeap. Gtb has a very good point. I also understand that anything can be an idol. But some peopledont realize that ourselves can be idols.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I like to think that in actuality I'm a great example to others, that despite my "socially unacceptable actions" I am an otherwise upstanding citizen and a faithful follower of Christ... might help to dispel some of the MYTH and LIES that these people have propagated to them by the media and a government that would like to oppress us and have us dependent wholly upon them...

By causing others to ask questions maybe I will have the chance to inform them of the truth. It will then be their choice to accept it for what it is or choose ignorance/belligerence, as is their choice with all things.

Just cause they have been taught a lie does not mean that I should then conform to their views cause thats whats acceptable... I feel its my job to enlighten them, on all fronts, both spiritually and physically.

Do you catch my drift?
Lol nicely said sir. I feel the same way about myself. This is interestingly said. Of coarse all things if a sin or not can be used for a witness.... So there again... You agree that maybe the country has it wrong? :/

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But I think people taking anabolic steroids are not doing it to be healthier, they are doing it out of Vanity.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Well on the contrary.... Now there again... I do love the gains.... But the whole reason I started ph, peptides and test was how my crohnes reacted to it. There issome research out that show cd patients go into remission off of anabolics. I think this is why im in remission.... But now that im in remission I still take em.... Shoot I have a log up right now on peptides..... Havent done ph in a while because of thissame conversation. Cept now in my log..... Now for it to be for vanity? Sure.... But would hope not....

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
But I think people taking anabolic steroids are not doing it to be healthier, they are doing it out of Vanity.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
So is doing my hair in the morning and all the women who put on makeup...

Vanity is an issue when you make it one.

So are you saying working out period is for health purposes is also vanity? Taking natural supps to aid in my lacking diet or things to make my skin clearer or my organs healthier???

How come my muscles cant get the same treatment without it being vanity???

I think all it does it augment my already hard work and dedicated lifestyle to making my body as healthy as possible.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Lol nicely said sir. I feel the same way about myself. This is interestingly said. Of coarse all things if a sin or not can be used for a witness.... So there again... You agree that maybe the country has it wrong? :/
In our current state... yes the country has a lot of things wrong... that's all for another thread though, lol.

Doesn't mean cause I don't agree that I will break the laws, of course... BUT it does mean that I will do my best to inform others of the importance of being able to supplement ourselves the way we please and try to talk to our senators and legislatures to make sure certain laws don't go into effect that will further restrict our God given freedoms.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my philosphy is good for MOST things....here it is:

if something gets in the way of your relationship with Christ, or you feel conviction about something, it is a sin.

I think drinking is a sin, because i know i would feel conviction, it would hinder my relationship with Him, and if another believer saw me drinking, what would he think about me?

just something to think about when making these decisions.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with the discussion on vanity. Good job bringing it up, vida. ;)

And I agree with the responses so far. It just depends on how we handle it / how far we take it. Wanting to weigh less can start off as a health issue (e.g. heart problems), but lead into a desire to look thinner (vanity). I don't think that's a bad thing as long as your priorities are right. I know I put my fitness goals ahead of my walk with Christ for a while (and I still struggle), but it doesn't have to be that way.

I think with steroids--be they legal or illegal--your mindset just has to be using them the same way as a general supplement (albeit far more effective). If you're using it as an aide and your mindset doesn't change in what you want, how you get it, and how you feel about Christ and His position as the most important focus in your life, then I think you're fine. However, this is just side-stepping that same issue about man's law and scripture that we already discussed. Now, peptides, SARMs, and other RCs, however, are a gray area. They're legal, but they're not being used as "intended" (I use that loosely, because RC sites know what they sell them for 99% of the time, but it's still technically a law/rule).

my philosphy is good for MOST things....here it is:

if something gets in the way of your relationship with Christ, or you feel conviction about something, it is a sin.

I think drinking is a sin, because i know i would feel conviction, it would hinder my relationship with Him, and if another believer saw me drinking, what would he think about me?

just something to think about when making these decisions.
I agree, bro.

With drinking, let's remember that drunkenness, gluttony, and sloth are all listed as sins.

However, a glass of wine shouldn't be something that's an issue. Really, a beer isn't, either. However, it's a fine line and easy to cross (anyone seeing a trend, here? lol). I was raised in a household where my parents didn't drink and I want to carry that onto my own family. I dabbled in drinking and even had some champagne on NYE, but I've always knew it was just a matter of time before I gave it up. And it was just something where I wanted to be of this world and didn't want to cut my ties to it. I needed to grow up in my faith.

I recently started getting rid of all the music that had swearing in it. It's been kind of hard for me, as I loved working out to some of the rap, but my heart feels much lighter without it. The same is true of my feeling of getting drunk (it was an instant feeling of shame).

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the discussion on vanity. Good job bringing it up, vida. ;)

And I agree with the responses so far. It just depends on how we handle it / how far we take it. Wanting to weigh less can start off as a health issue (e.g. heart problems), but lead into a desire to look thinner (vanity). I don't think that's a bad thing as long as your priorities are right. I know I put my fitness goals ahead of my walk with Christ for a while (and I still struggle), but it doesn't have to be that way.

I think with steroids--be they legal or illegal--your mindset just has to be using them the same way as a general supplement (albeit far more effective). If you're using it as an aide and your mindset doesn't change in what you want, how you get it, and how you feel about Christ and His position as the most important focus in your life, then I think you're fine. However, this is just side-stepping that same issue about man's law and scripture that we already discussed. Now, peptides, SARMs, and other RCs, however, are a gray area. They're legal, but they're not being used as "intended" (I use that loosely, because RC sites know what they sell them for 99% of the time, but it's still technically a law/rule).

I agree, bro.

With drinking, let's remember that drunkenness, gluttony, and sloth are all listed as sins.

However, a glass of wine shouldn't be something that's an issue. Really, a beer isn't, either. However, it's a fine line and easy to cross (anyone seeing a trend, here? lol). I was raised in a household where my parents didn't drink and I want to carry that onto my own family. I dabbled in drinking and even had some champagne on NYE, but I've always knew it was just a matter of time before I gave it up. And it was just something where I wanted to be of this world and didn't want to cut my ties to it. I needed to grow up in my faith.

I recently started getting rid of all the music that had swearing in it. It's been kind of hard for me, as I loved working out to some of the rap, but my heart feels much lighter without it. The same is true of my feeling of getting drunk (it was an instant feeling of shame).
Yes hmmm ok I like where this is going. Yes everything else shouls follow, music, drinking, friends, women, etc. iron sharpens iron fellas. Drinking is something I do but not to a drunken state. Two beers or two wine glasses. The bible says nothing about no drinking at all...... For petes sake water was turned into wine, the Lords supper, his blood is wine..... So with this I believe I can have a "buzz" but no drunk..... Now its understandable if you dont wanna drink because of whatever reason.... Yeah music.... Music is a tough one also.... Since I love rock.... Rock is very much like rap.... I have to watch what I listen too also...