Christian Friends - End Time Prophecies?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always an interesting discussion. Let's keep it respectful and Biblical.

No Nostradamus garbage or the Mayans crap!

What are your thoughts on this: OMG! Is Barack Obama the Antichrist? Proof ??? - YouTube

I think it's interesting to say the least but not accurate. Obama does give me the heebie geebies lol with his crazy cult like following and power of pursuasion and gift as a master orator.

I was always under the impression that that the Anti-Christ will come out of the Middle East with the False Prophet coming from the Roman Catholic Church (the Pope?)

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

What are your thoughts on this: OMG! Is Barack Obama the Antichrist? Proof ??? - YouTube

I think it's interesting to say the least but not accurate. Obama does give me the heebie geebies lol with his crazy cult like following and power of pursuasion and gift as a master orator.

I was always under the impression that that the Anti-Christ will come out of the Middle East with the False Prophet coming from the Roman Catholic Church (the Pope?)
How do we know that you're not the Anti-Christ pretending to be a good Christian starting a topic of who the Anti-Christ could be??

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What if the entire bible was written by satan in an attempt to trick everyone into following him......

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also Obama can't be the Antichrist based on the biblical descriptions.

As an aside, why does the bible get more credence than the Maya?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for some good storeis!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That video is interesting for sure, whats the chances right? I wouldn't doubt if he was lol, but I as well have been under the impression that the Anti-Christ would come from the Roman Catholic Church(The pope). I think in the future whoever the 1 world leader is will most likely be the anti-christ.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. Im not a religious person but this always intrigued me. So I am done messin around and just poking around to see what everyone has to say.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And I'll do the same, but my point being that anyone could be the Antichrist because he probably won't have business cards.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha! yeah yeah.

How do we know that you're not the Anti-Christ pretending to be a good Christian starting a topic of who the Anti-Christ could be??

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All right my Aetheist and Agnostic friends, you've had your laughs. LOL I will continue to pray for you all ;)

Can us Christians discuss this seriously now w/o being harrassed please? LOL - Thanks

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All right my Aetheist and Agnostic friends, you've had your laughs. LOL I will continue to pray for you all ;)

Can us Christians discuss this seriously now w/o being harrassed please? LOL - Thanks
I'm a Catholic, does that not count??

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the purpose of THIS thread only, ALL Christians are welcomed for intelligent discussion.

Generally speaking, a Christian can be defined as a follower of Christ and one who accepts that Jesus is God. This thread is not about arguing about the various sects and/or denominations.

Although I do not necessarily agree with some of the tenets of the Catholic Church; Catholicism is indeed a sect of Christianity.,

I also do not agree with many of the other man-made fundamentals or specific principles of other Christian denominations as well (Baptist, Adventists, etc).

I am simply a non-denominational Bible-following Christian if anyone cares what my views are.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I agree.

You guys have your recoverpro joke thread and various other places and it's great to see the camaraderie, but I'm in for actual discussion about this.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree.

You guys have your recoverpro joke thread and various other places and it's great to see the camaraderie, but I'm in for actual discussion about this.
I am actually here to follow your discussion. My comment about the illuminati is serious.
No joking here. Obama is a Free Mason, part of the order of the Illuminati.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I am actually here to follow your discussion. My comment about the illuminati is serious.
No joking here. Obama is a Free Mason, part of the order of the Illuminati.
do you have any clues to him being a mason?

I definitely think this is a piece to the bigger puzzle.

It's no coincidence with all the economic instability worldwide. The new world order is not just an idea anymore...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
What if the entire bible was written by satan in an attempt to trick everyone into following him......
He already has tricked everyone into following him ;) The bible is the only way you know that he exists. If your uneducated in the bible your un aware of him and if your unaware of him your just his little puppet. He's ok with you not believing in him, as long as he takes your focus off God he still wins. That's all he wants. He'll take blind or direct worship.

My next post, I will try to explain the anti-christ and no he's not a specific person. Definetely not Obama. lol.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Generally speaking, a Christian can be defined as a follower of Christ and one who accepts that Jesus is God.
How can Jesus be God when he is called the son of God?

I would say a more accurate definition would be "belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Messiah, and acceptance of his teachings" Most definitions seem to leave out imitating Jesus by living your life according to his teachings. That is essential in being a christian.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
So Who is the anti-christ??

1 John 2:22 " Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. "

This scripture tells us that anyone who denies the father and the son is the anti-christ. So it's no specific person or individual.

1 John 4: 1-6 "[SUP]1[/SUP] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. [SUP]2[/SUP] By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; [SUP]3[/SUP] and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. [SUP]4[/SUP] You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. [SUP]5[/SUP] They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. [SUP]6[/SUP] We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. "

2 John 1:7 " For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Again all the scriptures support the notion that the anti-christ is not a specific person but "the one who denies the Father and the Son. " - 1 John 2:22

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK...now we are getting somewhere. Ok. So..I wasnt raised on the bible or church for that matter. But my question is that, He who is the anti christ, does that person know they are. I mean, would one day an event happen, most likely a global event. And this "person" come into the spotlight, would then become the Anti-christ; And possibly not know it. And maybe later down the life be written in as the antichrist????

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So Who is the anti-christ??

1 John 2:22 " Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. "

This scripture tells us that anyone who denies the father and the son is the anti-christ. So it's no specific person or individual.

1 John 4: 1-6 "[SUP]1[/SUP] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. [SUP]2[/SUP] By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; [SUP]3[/SUP] and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. [SUP]4[/SUP] You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. [SUP]5[/SUP] They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. [SUP]6[/SUP] We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. "

2 John 1:7 " For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Again all the scriptures support the notion that the anti-christ is not a specific person but "the one who denies the Father and the Son. " - 1 John 2:22
So I am the anti Christ? :lol:

In all seriousness though, when the OT references the Antichrist they are referring to Nero, who was a homicidal sociopath. He spent a great deal of time killing Jews and Christians.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi Flaw. Glad you joined the discussion. Well, for the most part LOL. You are very well read on Scripture and tough to debate with on anything to do with Christianity! BUT - I have paid close attention to your posts and you are almost always right LOLOL.

Everything I have ever read (books and references to the book of Revelation) or learned from preachers I respect, say the Anti-Christ is ONE being along with the false prophet being ONE being.

Now go easy on me dang it. You're like Pat Arnold with Chemistry. He could argue intelligently and make you look like a fool in the process that bread is not a carbohydrate and have the masses concvinced - that doesnt make him right!

PS: Satan knows the Bible better than any human as well. Doesnt make hsi manipulations of it correct either ;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flaw:

I concede your point to, but only to a degree. The term "Anti-Christ" is exclusive to John’s letters where it appears 4 times beginning in 1 John 2:18. It really isn’t the Bible’s preferred term for the coming ruler. According to some scholars there are as many as 42 titles in the Bible that refer to him. Anti-Christ happens to be the one that man has made popular. Therefore the fact that John didn’t use this term in the Revelation does not raise an issue of identity.

There is ONE person who comes on the scene at the end of the age who personifies John’s spirit of anti-Christ. Daniel called him the coming prince, Paul called him the son of perdition and the man of lawlessness, and to John he’s the beast, but the world thinks of him as the anti-Christ.

The anti-Christ first appears on the world scene as a great peacemaker, probably in the wake of Ezekiel 38. In that role he’s the rider on the white horse from the 1st seal of Rev. 6:2 It’s later when Satan is cast to Earth and inhabits him that his true personality will emerge. Thus we have two views of him in the Revelation. One in chapter 6 and one in chapter 13. The four horsemen symbolized the first four of the seal judgments and are not intended to represent an overview of Daniel’s 70th Week.

But he won’t be officially revealed as such until he stands in the Temple and proclaims himself to be God in the Middle of Daniel’s 70th week (2 Thes. 2:4). This will take place shortly after he’s physically indwelt by Satan (Rev. 13:2,4,5) and is what kicks off the Great Tribulation according to Matt. 24:15.

Up until that time he’ll be functioning as a world leader, doing Satan’s bidding but still in the strength of a man. That explains the persecution, martyrdom, etc. in the first half of the 70th Week. His real power comes when Satan is kicked out of Heaven and enters into him. Jesus warned those in Judea to flee for their lives when that happens (Matt. 24:15-16)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

#1 point correct sir!

As for the maya's.

The maya's didnt actually predict the end or what would happend near the end. December 21st, 2012 A.D is the end of their Long Count calendar. All it is is the end of a cycle. There is no notes that exist that they recongnized this date as "the end of the world". It's also noteworthy that they had other calendars as well.

I have a few quotes for you.

"Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

"There will be another cycle," says E. Wyllys Andrews V, director of the Tulane University Middle American Research Institute (MARI). "We know the Maya thought there was one before this, and that implies they were comfortable with the idea of another one after this."

The bible however has accurately predicted changes in people and nature.

Let me break down this scripture for you.

2 Timothy 3: [SUP]1[/SUP] But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. [SUP]2[/SUP] For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, [SUP]3[/SUP] unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, [SUP]4[/SUP] treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, [SUP]5[/SUP] holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. [SUP]6[/SUP] For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, [SUP]7[/SUP] always learning and never able to come to the [SUP][e][/SUP]knowledge of the truth.

Verse 1. Wouldn't you say we are all in difficult times?
Verse 2. Selfishness, that goes without saying. No one trusts anyone these days because everyone seems to have the attitude "what's in it for me". Money... Where has the love of money got us? Disobedient to parents. How often do you hear how disrespectful kids are to their parents? Every day. There was certaintly a higher level of respect decades ago. Any older person can tell you this.
Verse 3. Love? People only seem to come together when disaster strikes. How sad is that? Gossip. All people do is talk about eachother and ruin relationships because of it. Self control. Addictions at all time highs. Haters of good. A lot of people think it's fun to bad, rebellious.
Verse 4. Lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God. People seem to do what they want to do at all costs and will step over anyone to get there and want no accountability.
Verse 5. Form of godliness. These so called "christians" and their hypocrisy you see every day. The kind of people that are sitting in jail for murder with crosses on their body.
Verse 7. Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. This one stands out to me the most. Mainstream christiantiy is a Joke and the hypocrisy in churches is abundant. They still hold onto man made traditions and not traditions that originated with Christ or GOD.

I know you recongnize these things..

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
So I am the anti Christ? :lol:

In all seriousness though, when the OT references the Antichrist they are referring to Nero, who was a homicidal sociopath. He spent a great deal of time killing Jews and Christians.
I think it's a category you would have to choose to put yourself in based on what the scriptures say.

Do you have the reference scripture from the OT that I can look up?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Flaw:

I concede your point to, but only to a degree. The term "Anti-Christ" is exclusive to John’s letters where it appears 4 times beginning in 1 John 2:18. It really isn’t the Bible’s preferred term for the coming ruler. According to some scholars there are as many as 42 titles in the Bible that refer to him. Anti-Christ happens to be the one that man has made popular. Therefore the fact that John didn’t use this term in the Revelation does not raise an issue of identity.

There is ONE person who comes on the scene at the end of the age who personifies John’s spirit of anti-Christ. Daniel called him the coming prince, Paul called him the son of perdition and the man of lawlessness, and to John he’s the beast, but the world thinks of him as the anti-Christ.

The anti-Christ first appears on the world scene as a great peacemaker, probably in the wake of Ezekiel 38. In that role he’s the rider on the white horse from the 1st seal of Rev. 6:2 It’s later when Satan is cast to Earth and inhabits him that his true personality will emerge. Thus we have two views of him in the Revelation. One in chapter 6 and one in chapter 13. The four horsemen symbolized the first four of the seal judgments and are not intended to represent an overview of Daniel’s 70th Week.

But he won’t be officially revealed as such until he stands in the Temple and proclaims himself to be God in the Middle of Daniel’s 70th week (2 Thes. 2:4). This will take place shortly after he’s physically indwelt by Satan (Rev. 13:2,4,5) and is what kicks off the Great Tribulation according to Matt. 24:15.

Up until that time he’ll be functioning as a world leader, doing Satan’s bidding but still in the strength of a man. That explains the persecution, martyrdom, etc. in the first half of the 70th Week. His real power comes when Satan is kicked out of Heaven and enters into him. Jesus warned those in Judea to flee for their lives when that happens (Matt. 24:15-16)

He already has tricked everyone into following him ;) The bible is the only way you know that he exists. If your uneducated in the bible your un aware of him and if your unaware of him your just his little puppet. He's ok with you not believing in him, as long as he takes your focus off God he still wins. That's all he wants. He'll take blind or direct worship.

My next post, I will try to explain the anti-christ and no he's not a specific person. Definetely not Obama. lol.
To me, these two coincide...why?

Satan loves to mimic God. God has angels, Satan has demons. God want's your undivided attention, Satan does whatever he can to distract you... And Flaw is absolutely correct in saying he does not care if you believe in him at all, as long as you don't believe in God, or believe God, or even acknowledge him.

Has anyone opened a bible and the words on the page just look so uninviting? Like you have no desire to read it? That is not coincidence.

Along with that, my thinking is, God sent His son Jesus...so Satan will have a human entity.
I believe there will be an "anti-Christ." The leader of the New World Order, one world government, whatever you want to call it.
And up until recently I could not fathom how people would WANT that...but lately it makes sense. They will PURPOSELY collapse the economies of the world until people are all for a globalized economy.
It makes a lot of sense that those without the "number" will not be able to buy and sell.

Sorry I go in crazy tangents, but lately there have been so many dots connected.
IF anyone reading this thread is doubting Christianity...i suggest studying Israel and the Jewish people.
Has any other country gone completely off the map, and then returned into existence as a country?
WHY are the Jews so hated by people who claim to believe in No God, or allah or whatever...

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously?
For serial!
I don't believe Obama is "the Antichrist" but I do believe he is a member of the freemasons, who are part of the Order of the Illuminati.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
In for debate. Deff think he isnt the anti. Although I am curious to see what happens if he gets reelected.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
#1 point correct sir!

As for the maya's.

The maya's didnt actually predict the end or what would happend near the end. December 21st, 2012 A.D is the end of their Long Count calendar. All it is is the end of a cycle. There is no notes that exist that they recongnized this date as "the end of the world". It's also noteworthy that they had other calendars as well.

I have a few quotes for you.

"Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

"There will be another cycle," says E. Wyllys Andrews V, director of the Tulane University Middle American Research Institute (MARI). "We know the Maya thought there was one before this, and that implies they were comfortable with the idea of another one after this."

The bible however has accurately predicted changes in people and nature.

Let me break down this scripture for you.

2 Timothy 3: [SUP]1[/SUP] But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. [SUP]2[/SUP] For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, [SUP]3[/SUP] unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, [SUP]4[/SUP] treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, [SUP]5[/SUP] holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. [SUP]6[/SUP] For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, [SUP]7[/SUP] always learning and never able to come to the [SUP][e][/SUP]knowledge of the truth.

Verse 1. Wouldn't you say we are all in difficult times?
Verse 2. Selfishness, that goes without saying. No one trusts anyone these days because everyone seems to have the attitude "what's in it for me". Money... Where has the love of money got us? Disobedient to parents. How often do you hear how disrespectful kids are to their parents? Every day. There was certaintly a higher level of respect decades ago. Any older person can tell you this.
Verse 3. Love? People only seem to come together when disaster strikes. How sad is that? Gossip. All people do is talk about eachother and ruin relationships because of it. Self control. Addictions at all time highs. Haters of good. A lot of people think it's fun to bad, rebellious.
Verse 4. Lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God. People seem to do what they want to do at all costs and will step over anyone to get there and want no accountability.
Verse 5. Form of godliness. These so called "christians" and their hypocrisy you see every day. The kind of people that are sitting in jail for murder with crosses on their body.
Verse 7. Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. This one stands out to me the most. Mainstream christiantiy is a Joke and the hypocrisy in churches is abundant. They still hold onto man made traditions and not traditions that originated with Christ or GOD.

I know you recongnize these things..
Couldn't agree more. The Mayan calendar was one of many calendars they utilized. In the Dresden codex they do reference a catastrophe at the end of this cycle, but in no way the end of human kind. The Maya were master astronomers who knew things that we only realized within the last 100 years (precession, sun cycles, etc...).

In terms of biblical predictions, I don't think the examples are valid as they as more characteristics of people that you are referencing. There have been many people like you explain throughout history. I think what we are plagued with now is horrible and false leadership.

Be, good to see you again my friend. :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SPOT ON

I concut with everything you stated

To me, these two coincide...why?

Satan loves to mimic God. God has angels, Satan has demons. God want's your undivided attention, Satan does whatever he can to distract you... And Flaw is absolutely correct in saying he does not care if you believe in him at all, as long as you don't believe in God, or believe God, or even acknowledge him.

Has anyone opened a bible and the words on the page just look so uninviting? Like you have no desire to read it? That is not coincidence.

Along with that, my thinking is, God sent His son Jesus...so Satan will have a human entity.
I believe there will be an "anti-Christ." The leader of the New World Order, one world government, whatever you want to call it.
And up until recently I could not fathom how people would WANT that...but lately it makes sense. They will PURPOSELY collapse the economies of the world until people are all for a globalized economy.
It makes a lot of sense that those without the "number" will not be able to buy and sell.

Sorry I go in crazy tangents, but lately there have been so many dots connected.
IF anyone reading this thread is doubting Christianity...i suggest studying Israel and the Jewish people.
Has any other country gone completely off the map, and then returned into existence as a country?
WHY are the Jews so hated by people who claim to believe in No God, or allah or whatever...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sometimes wish for the end of times to come true.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Hi Flaw. Glad you joined the discussion. Well, for the most part LOL. You are very well read on Scripture and tough to debate with on anything to do with Christianity! BUT - I have paid close attention to your posts and you are almost always right LOLOL.

Everything I have ever read (books and references to the book of Revelation) or learned from preachers I respect, say the Anti-Christ is ONE being along with the false prophet being ONE being.

Now go easy on me dang it. You're like Pat Arnold with Chemistry. He could argue intelligently and make you look like a fool in the process that bread is not a carbohydrate and have the masses concvinced - that doesnt make him right!

PS: Satan knows the Bible better than any human as well. Doesnt make hsi manipulations of it correct either ;)
When you say being? Are you saying that the false prophet is one individual person? Like a human?

If your telling me the anti-christ is one being does that mean you believe a person will arise and claim that position?

Me? Have the power to convince the masses? Jesus christ himself could not convince the masses when he performed miracles in front of their eyes. What would make you think me, a measly imperfect human like myself could do the same? I'am not trying to be right. I'am only trying to fullfill my scriptural obligation to preach and defend the truth about God and his word.

It's interesting you bring up satan and the bible. He has managed to remove God's name from most of the 19th century bibles that have been published. Is it a Coincidence that all signs point to the end and people are handed bibles in which they can't even find God's name? I think not.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Flaw:

I suggest you review the scriptures I posted earlier that indentify who the anti-christ is.

Here you have the biblical definition of the anti-christ. This "group" would include anyone who denies the father and the son. There is no limitations.

So your saying the rider on the white horse is the anti-christ? Do you realize what white represents in the bible? Something that is Holy and Unblemished. Christ-Like rather than anti-christ like. The scriptures identify who that person on the white horse is here.

Revelation 19: [SUP]11[/SUP] And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. [SUP]12[/SUP] His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. [SUP]13[/SUP] He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. [SUP]14[/SUP] And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. [SUP]15[/SUP] From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. [SUP]16[/SUP] And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

The word of God is none other than Jesus Christ our Lord. He is the rider on the white horse.

Also note this scripture I believe I did not post.

[SUP]1 John 2:18[/SUP] "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour."

This identifies that there is more than one anti-christ. That is the group of people defined in 1 John 2:22 .

These aren't my words my friend. These are the scriptures.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't agree more. The Mayan calendar was one of many calendars they utilized. In the Dresden codex they do reference a catastrophe at the end of this cycle, but in no way the end of human kind. The Maya were master astronomers who knew things that we only realized within the last 100 years (precession, sun cycles, etc...).

In terms of biblical predictions, I don't think the examples are valid as they as more characteristics of people that you are referencing. There have been many people like you explain throughout history. I think what we are plagued with now is horrible and false leadership.

Be, good to see you again my friend. :)
The mayan civilization was revolutionary in many ways but they also believed the earth was flat and some believed the earth was actually on the back of a crocodile. LOL.. The bible said the earth was a circle or sphere at Isaiah 40:22.

Your arguement is a common one. That these things have been seen for centuries. I see your stance. I get it. But I have to disagree also because things are very different from the stories of my ancestors and just since I was a child. Peoples attitudes have changed. Everything that is bad continues to get worse. The bar of what is moral and good continues to be dropped. How do you stop these trends? Are they somehow gonna work themselves out? Drugs aren't going anywhere, war isn't going anywhere, violence isn't going anywhere, death and sickness isn't going anywhere. We are all riding on a freight train going 1,000mph heading towards the side of a mountain and we must be stopped before we kill ouselves.

You bring up leadership. There is no "Good" leadership. Well what defines good leadership in your opinion? Isn't it different from everyone elses opinion? Also how can one logically expect one guy to come into office and change everything if the people around him aren't working with him in unity? Just the fact that our country has 2 major political parties says there's division. How can 2 sides be one? They can't. Until they are one they will always argue who is right and NOTHING will get solved. As we see today.

Does not history reveal that all governments have always failed at some point? A empire arises and another falls and the cycle continues. There has to be a ultimate government. ONE way. A global way. True unity. This is the government God is promising to come. Beside this hope. I have none. History has proven to me faith in man is futile.

Daniel 2:[SUP]44[/SUP] In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. "

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You guys are depressing, go get some ice cream or something.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
5 Reasons Why Obama Is NOT the Antichrist
Can he even be Antichrist? The Bible is very explicit as to the requirements for Antichrist.

1) Antichrist's original emphasis will be Jewish - Antichrist must deceive the Jewish people into accepting his claims to be the Jewish Messiah.

Therefore, he must be able to prove his lineage back to King David. Listen to the prophecy:

"Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:7)

2) Antichrist must come out of the "Revived Roman Empire" -- Great Britain and Europe. (Daniel 9:26b) Listen to this strange wording:

"... And the people of the other prince who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood; and even to the end there shall be war, and desolations are decreed."

3) Antichrist will not be married -- Daniel 11:37

"Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all." (Dan 11:37)

Antichrist will not desire women; Evangelical Bible scholars have long held that this prophecy means that the coming "Man of Perdition" will not be married, and may be gay. Obviously, since Barack Obama is married with two children, he is disqualified from being the Biblical Antichrist.

4) Antichrist will not regard any god, but will worship the 'god of forces' - Daniel 11:38

"But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour." (Daniel 11:38)

Which god does Obama honor? He has professed to be a Christian, and he has said that he prays to Jesus daily. This means that with his lips, he honors Jesus Christ. He also committed a slip of the tongue when he made reference to "my Muslim faith". Thus, it is evident that he honors Allah, the god of Islam. As the famous Islamic saying goes, "Allah is god, and Mohammed is his prophet".

Therefore, Obama cannot be Antichrist.

5) Antichrist must carry the title, "Prince"! Let us return back to Daniel 9:26, as we quoted above, to pick up one critically important prophetic fact.

"... And the people of the other prince who will come ..."

Antichrist must carry the title, "Prince" prior to his arising on the world scene! Only the monarchies of Great Britain and Europe (the Revived Roman Empire) carry the titles "Prince", "King" and "Queen". This fact takes us back to the Revived Roman Empire, does it not? Since Barack Obama does not carry the title, "Prince", he is disqualified to be Antichrist.

For these reasons, Senator Barack Obama cannot be THE Biblical Antichrist.

However, he can be and undoubtedly is, "an antichrist".

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists..." (1 John 2:18)

Yes Nero was also an antichrist but not the antichrist of the last days.

Just food for thought..

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Jesus says in the bible that not even the son knows when the world will end, only the father. So I don't believe any of the bull **** prophecies personally.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Jesus says in the bible that not even the son knows when the world will end, only the father. So I don't believe any of the bull **** prophecies personally.
Getting into technicalities but I don't think the world ends...
Time ends

And the bible does say noone will know the day and hour, but we will know when the time is near and are to be ready

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I have never heard that. What bible? I'm Catholic and may follow a different bible, there are so many versions. I'm not saying you are wrong or anything just curious.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Flaw, im just curious how did you come up with these conclusions? did you go to school? Or do you recommend some books cause I love reading things like this but was just curious your research, or did you come up with this on your own?