Building Back Up

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't take this the wrong way but have you seen a psychiatrist? My wife had to see a psychiatrist to get help with her anxiety and sleeping issues. She had a chemical imbalance and needed it corrected in order to sleep.
Years ago, and ended up addicted to benzos and amphetamine at the end. But the rest of my health issues coincide with anxiety and all. I can influence my mental health by what I take daily... methylfolate and I feel awesome like amphetamine. Nevertheless, I won't be put on an SSRI again. I've seen several psychiatrist and all they want to do is give an SSRI, SNRI, or benzo or whatever.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah they fed my wife benzos and SSRI's at first. After she got addicted to the benzos and I was able to convince her she was we started looking elsewhere for someone who wasn't just going to pump her up with those. We got a good one finally who actually had her stop taking everything over a period of time while actually counseling her. They finally diagnosed her with Bipolar Type 2 and they got her on some meds for that which was life changing and saved our marriage. Coincidentally it helped her with her sleep issues as well.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah they fed my wife benzos and SSRI's at first. After she got addicted to the benzos and I was able to convince her she was we started looking elsewhere for someone who wasn't just going to pump her up with those. We got a good one finally who actually had her stop taking everything over a period of time while actually counseling her. They finally diagnosed her with Bipolar Type 2 and they got her on some meds for that which was life changing and saved our marriage. Coincidentally it helped her with her sleep issues as well.
What meds were those that worked?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What meds were those that worked?
The one that really helped was Seroquel, they have also given her a mood stabilizer now but the seroquel knocks her out. She has to take it at a reasonable time or she will be dragging ass the next morning. She almost never touches her anxiety meds now either. It just helped with all of it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update:

I just slept for 6.5 hours straight through! And I had one of the most normal days in years yesterday as far as symptoms go. I don't really know what I've done different, but I'll list some changes I've made recently...

2 weeks off telmisartan
2 months no veggies

Updated supplement protocol:
500mcg hydroxocobalamin b12 20 minutes before breakfast

300mcg folinic acid (gel cap filled to .140)
1 cap Seeking Health Multivitamin Sensitive
7500iu D3
180mcg k2 mk7
2g EPA/DHA with breakfast
1g NOW Vit C with breakfast and lunch
100mg theanine, 3x
450mg Magnesium citrate

I'm going to keep thinking about changes I've made and continue to update this thread.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One more update...

BP 114/75

I really don't understand my BP reductions. Never in my life, even as a 19 year old joining the army, has my bp been this low.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One more update...

BP 114/75

I really don't understand my BP reductions. Never in my life, even as a 19 year old joining the army, has my bp been this low.
Well at least it is at a nice and healthy range but what a mystery eh...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To give you an idea, my strongest was at body weight 251 doing standing OHP at 225 for 2 and DL at 525 for 1 now at body weight 220 standing OHP is 165 for 2 and DL at 455 for 1.
Found this part of a post from 2 years ago. I'm not too far off from these numbers actually which makes me feel better.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another day of decent sleep. Roughly 8 hours, with 2 or 3 wake ups. Ate soooo much junk yesterday though...cheesesteaks for lunch and dinner, but dinner also had wings and pizza 😆 So, woke up good and sweaty about 12am with heart pounding. Fun stuff. Fell back asleep pretty quickly though.

Given my 2 workouts, I'm trying to figure out where I want to add incline presses. Below is what I've been doing, or planning on, but maybe I should take out the dips for the incline press. Or, add incline press after flat bench on Day 1 and leave in dips on Day 2. Also considering adding Lateral Raise to day 2. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

Day 1:
Bench
Row
Squat
Upright Row
Arms

Day 2:
Standing BB Press
Deadlift
Pull Up
Dips
Shrugs

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What about replacing flat bench with low incline bench instead. Even an inch or two incline is enough to engage the upper pecs a lot more. Other than that you could also swap out standing BB Press for 65 degree DB high incline bench i find these to be excellent for the clavicular attachment of the pecs.

Replacing the dips is also a good option if you are happy with your lower pec and triceps development.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What about replacing flat bench with low incline bench instead. Even an inch or two incline is enough to engage the upper pecs a lot more. Other than that you could also swap out standing BB Press for 65 degree DB high incline bench i find these to be excellent for the clavicular attachment of the pecs.

Replacing the dips is also a good option if you are happy with your lower pec and triceps development.
Maybe just replacing dips with incline press would be best, but that low incline bench also sounds interesting. With gyno, the best thing is probably to just get rid of dips or anything else for much lower pec development. Thanks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe just replacing dips with incline press would be best, but that low incline bench also sounds interesting. With gyno, the best thing is probably to just get rid of dips or anything else for much lower pec development. Thanks.
Perhaps, I don't know I always found for me anyway the larger my lower chest was the more likely my gyno tucked under it. Whatever option you choose I would recommend using DB;s they have been shown to provide more stimulation to the pecs and help keep it from being so shoulder and triceps dominant. If focusing on upper pec size that is the recipe for success.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Perhaps, I don't know I always found for me anyway the larger my lower chest was the more likely my gyno tucked under it. Whatever option you choose I would recommend using DB;s they have been shown to provide more stimulation to the pecs and help keep it from being so shoulder and triceps dominant. If focusing on upper pec size that is the recipe for success.
So maybe flat bench on one day, and low incline dumbbell press after standing press on the other day?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So maybe flat bench on one day, and low incline dumbbell press after standing press on the other day?
Well honestly if you have a bench you can just put a plate under for flat you won't need any higher incline, and it won't cause you any loss on the lower pec activation it just brings in the clavicular portion more.

However if you are going to do it on the same day with your shoulder press I would definitely do them before shoulders if upper pecs are your goal and what you consider a weakness. Honestly a 45 degree incline bench press instead of shoulder press would be fine if your delts are pretty good you could just add a burnout set or a few sets of front raises after your incline press. Front delts get pounded on Incline bench already. Honestly I would add some raises to both sessions to increase volume and definitely to get the medial delts hit more.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well honestly if you have a bench you can just put a plate under for flat you won't need any higher incline, and it won't cause you any loss on the lower pec activation it just brings in the clavicular portion more.

However if you are going to do it on the same day with your shoulder press I would definitely do them before shoulders if upper pecs are your goal and what you consider a weakness. Honestly a 45 degree incline bench press instead of shoulder press would be fine if your delts are pretty good you could just add a burnout set or a few sets of front raises after your incline press. Front delts get pounded on Incline bench already. Honestly I would add some raises to both sessions to increase volume and definitely to get the medial delts hit more.
That's the thing though...both Upper pecs and delts are my focus as well as traps this go around. Thanks for the recs. I will be adding in Lateral Raises to at least one session to bring the Lateral delts up more, but I can't take out shoulder press. I have a thing about that...it's always been my pride and joy...gotta get it back up lol.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

After thinking about it, I should probably just lay out all my priorities at one time.

Deadlift strength
Standing shoulder press strength
Bench strength
Pull up repetitions
Lateral delt size
Upper pecs size
Trap size
Arm size
Squat for the sake of squatting
In the least amount of time possible 😆

That's really what my program is based around.

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Decided to get a little workout in. I'm not sure what it is, but my entire life, if I travel and go to another gym, I'm not motivated, significantly weaker, and everything just feels "heavy". Anyway, just did some lighter upper body. Not logging any weights as they were all about 25% lighter then normal, and sets cut to 2 on most. Guess I'll count it as a deload.

Standing Barbell Press
Assisted Pull Up
Incline BB Press
Lateral Raise
Shrugs
DB Curls

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After thinking about it, I should probably just lay out all my priorities at one time.

Deadlift strength
Bench strength
Pull up repetitions
Lateral delt size
Upper pecs size
Trap size
Arm size
In the least amount of time possible

I would say the best thing you could possibly do would be to get a third session per week in.

Then you are rotating deadlifting and squatting every time, and overhead pressing with benching.

Then you can further address more minutiae by going to an ABCD rotation across that instead of just two workouts, A & B. So A is Overhead Pressing, B is Benchpress, C is High Incline Benchpress, D is Closegrip Benchpress. You could also rotate Deadlift, Squat, RDLs, and Frontsquat.

So even though you’re training 3x a week, which is way more total volume, some of the variations use less absolute weight, which helps be less drastic than just squatting or deadlifting every session 3x a week.

And do chin-ups often - they yield a lot of bicep & forearm development along with the lat work.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would say the best thing you could possibly do would be to get a third session per week in.

Then you are rotating deadlifting and squatting every time, and overhead pressing with benching.

Then you can further address more minutiae by going to an ABCD rotation across that instead of just two workouts, A & B. So A is Overhead Pressing, B is Benchpress, C is High Incline Benchpress, D is Closegrip Benchpress. You could also rotate Deadlift, Squat, RDLs, and Frontsquat.

So even though you’re training 3x a week, which is way more total volume, some of the variations use less absolute weight, which helps be less drastic than just squatting or deadlifting every session 3x a week.

And do chin-ups often - they yield a lot of bicep & forearm development along with the lat work.
Agreed. I would love to be able to increase the frequency, and I hope the improvements with sleep will translate to increased recovery. Up until this point, I was just staying sore for too long. Thanks for the feedback.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Deadlift strength
Bench strength
Pull up repetitions
Lateral delt size
Upper pecs size
Trap size
Arm size
In the least amount of time possible 😆

Man that is like an I want it all smorgasbord. I started typing something up then got distracted yesterday and came back this morning to see what @Hyde wrote. Pretty close to what I was going to suggest. That or prioritizing your goals a little more. Like Hyde said pull up numbers tend to increase with frequency, and also adding some weight to them even if that means lower reps. Also just because you are adding in a 3rd session doesn't mean you have to keep the same volume on each workout. As a matter of fact you probably shouldn't if you already had trouble recovering from what you were doing. Even if slightly more volume across the week each session should have a little less volume than the 2 you were already doing. Then you can add volume little by little as you go.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that is like an I want it all smorgasbord. I started typing something up then got distracted yesterday and came back this morning to see what @Hyde wrote. Pretty close to what I was going to suggest. That or prioritizing your goals a little more. Like Hyde said pull up numbers tend to increase with frequency, and also adding some weight to them even if that means lower reps. Also just because you are adding in a 3rd session doesn't mean you have to keep the same volume on each workout. As a matter of fact you probably shouldn't if you already had trouble recovering from what you were doing. Even if slightly more volume across the week each session should have a little less volume than the 2 you were already doing. Then you can add volume little by little as you go.
This is probably more realistic as an initial change than a 3rd serious training day. His 2 full body serious training days, then a 3rd Fluff ‘n Buff day (as Brian Carroll calls it). A day to get the heart rate up/break a good sweat, move lots of blood, pick 3-6 accessory movements and hit them with short rest or even circuit style. They don’t have to be isolations, but they need to stay lighter and more emphasis on easier volume because you want to be in and out in 30-50 minutes. Following those rules tends to improve overall recovery because it raises fitness, while still helping the physique.

Example Template:

Shrugs superset with Lateral Raises
Tricep Pressdowns or Extensions ss w/ Curls
Leg Curls ss w/ an ab movement or high rep row/pulldown

or more specifically:

10 minute walk
HIT Chest Supported Row
EZBar Curl 21s
100-rep cable Pressdown
Ab Wheel Rollout 2 hard sets

Just pick things that you feel are highest priority, aesthetically, that maybe you don’t have time/energy for on your 2 primary days. Reps should be higher generally, but you can use a HIT style approach on some movements if you find you have the recovery to spend.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight: 223!

Sunday I was 226 😆 Overate a bit too much last week, and walking 10-15k steps per day didn't cut it. Oh well.

Today's WO:
Deadlift Top Set 3x285
Standing BB Press 5x95, 5x115, 5x135, 5x145
Pull Ups 2x3xBW
Machine Assisted Dips 2x8xBW -85lb
Smith Shrugs 3x6x140
Lateral Raise 2x8x12's

Notes: Took it easy on DL, dips and Lateral Raise. Next week, I'll bump the RPE up on those to 8. Very happy with my standing press. I may be able to get 5 x 150 or even 155 if I was well rested and had a proper preWO meal. My pull Ups are so bad. I remember when I could a perfect set of 8 or 9 at a bodyweight of 255 😢 But, that was also the tail end of an LGD cycle. Still getting used to Smith machine shrugs. I end up heaving up every rep and letting them down slow which I know isn't optimal. I was thinking though, my traps were the biggest when I was doing power cleans, so maybe I can get away with "power shrugs" I'll call them lol.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For those following along, look at that last standing press workout, and my last bench workout of 4x6x185. Is it weird they are so close together?

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is probably more realistic as an initial change than a 3rd serious training day. His 2 full body serious training days, then a 3rd Fluff ‘n Buff day (as Brian Carroll calls it). A day to get the heart rate up/break a good sweat, move lots of blood, pick 3-6 accessory movements and hit them with short rest or even circuit style. They don’t have to be isolations, but they need to stay lighter and more emphasis on easier volume because you want to be in and out in 30-50 minutes. Following those rules tends to improve overall recovery because it raises fitness, while still helping the physique.

Example Template:

Shrugs superset with Lateral Raises
Tricep Pressdowns or Extensions ss w/ Curls
Leg Curls ss w/ an ab movement or high rep row/pulldown

or more specifically:

10 minute walk
HIT Chest Supported Row
EZBar Curl 21s
100-rep cable Pressdown
Ab Wheel Rollout 2 hard sets

Just pick things that you feel are highest priority, aesthetically, that maybe you don’t have time/energy for on your 2 primary days. Reps should be higher generally, but you can use a HIT style approach on some movements if you find you have the recovery to spend.
Good info here, ive pretty much been doing these types of workouts for about a month or so ^^^^^. I think I'm going to start a 5 x 5 and incorporate one of these workouts during the week.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight: 221

Weight still recovering from last week 😆

Today's WO:

BB Bench 5x135, 5x155, 5x165
BB Row 3x10x95
Squat 5x95, 5x135, 5x185
Cable Upright Row 8x25, 8x30
OH Cable Extension 10x25, 10x30
DB Curl 10x20's, 8x20's

Notes: Super easy workout. Avoided rep slowdown on anything, so I think the hardest I went on anything (except DB Curl) was RPE6 or 7 (never less than 4rir). Reason is my sleep has been pretty bad this week, and I didn't want to make it worse with a hard workout.

On the health related side...an observation...when I'm out of town, even with the same supplementation protocol and even worked from someone else's house, I experience much less of the overstimulation feeling. I also experience less of it when it's not a normal work day. For example, Sunday morning, get the family up and out the door for church at 8am...I feel almost normal on days like that. But, when I get up and work (from home, nothing stressful, easy job) I start having that feeling like all my senses are on overload. I don't get it.

My crazy theories: EMF (strongest internet we've ever had), mold in house, new plants in house near work area, drastically different diet (liver glycogen depletion at home?)...

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight: 220.5

Sleep: awful. I think I totalled 3 hours. Notes for later...gaba seems to cause the same symptoms that too much niacin does, resulting in inner tension/jitters and worsened insomnia. I think it may reduce dopamine too low, or reduce methylation too far. Very uncomfortable. I need to figure out a better "abort" protocol when I make a mistake like that...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Last time I told a woman she was bipolar she laughed at the idea and then threw a plate at me before offering to make dinner.
I guess I was wrong.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Weight still recovering from last week 😆

Today's WO:

BB Bench 5x135, 5x155, 5x165
BB Row 3x10x95
Squat 5x95, 5x135, 5x185
Cable Upright Row 8x25, 8x30
OH Cable Extension 10x25, 10x30
DB Curl 10x20's, 8x20's

Notes: Super easy workout. Avoided rep slowdown on anything, so I think the hardest I went on anything (except DB Curl) was RPE6 or 7 (never less than 4rir). Reason is my sleep has been pretty bad this week, and I didn't want to make it worse with a hard workout.

On the health related side...an observation...when I'm out of town, even with the same supplementation protocol and even worked from someone else's house, I experience much less of the overstimulation feeling. I also experience less of it when it's not a normal work day. For example, Sunday morning, get the family up and out the door for church at 8am...I feel almost normal on days like that. But, when I get up and work (from home, nothing stressful, easy job) I start having that feeling like all my senses are on overload. I don't get it.

My crazy theories: EMF (strongest internet we've ever had), mold in house, new plants in house near work area, drastically different diet (liver glycogen depletion at home?)...
Sounds like anxiety with some sort of trigger at home. I was dealing with this for a while. I would be fine all day at work and then even pulling into the neighborhood that would start. Also I think you have read so much about things that could be causing it you are probably increasing it with the belief it could be all of these things that you see around you that correlate with your research. As much as you are looking for external reasons you might want to speak with a therapist and start looking for internal / emotional reasons. I think that is far more likely then the EMF stuff. Not discounting that possibility. I know after some talking and self discovery my anxiety which caused me adrenaline releases which lead to easy anger started to subside. By the way me suggesting this does not mean I am suggesting you are unhappy at home.

Like with the workouts, if you limit them to the point you are not even pushing hard enough to relieve stress or enjoy them due to the thought they may be the problem could actually make the situation worse by not getting the stress relief from them you could be. The level of intensity you have to put in to stress your CNS to the point you are having issues is far beyond the level you are pushing yourself trying to avoid it.

Are you somewhere that marijuana is legal because microdosing edibles could also help with some of what you are dealing with without effecting your ability to function and actually improve it if it removes some of the over-stimulation / anxiety you are dealing with.

Weight: 220.5

Sleep: awful. I think I totalled 3 hours. Notes for later...gaba seems to cause the same symptoms that too much niacin does, resulting in inner tension/jitters and worsened insomnia. I think it may reduce dopamine too low, or reduce methylation too far. Very uncomfortable. I need to figure out a better "abort" protocol when I make a mistake like that...
GABA is well known for causing anxiety if overdosed.
Last time I told a woman she was bipolar she laughed at the idea and then threw a plate at me before offering to make dinner.
I guess I was wrong.
Well that's what you told her anyway. LMAO!!!

That was a tip toe scenario even bringing that up to my wife. It could result in major anger or major tears. I just had to be strong enough for both of us keep bringing that possibility back up little by little breaking her into the mindset it could be the issue.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like anxiety with some sort of trigger at home.
I had the same initial thought. Maybe because home is also a workspace?

I have similar responses.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had the same initial thought. Maybe because home is also a workspace?

I have similar responses.
I know a lot of people get stressed working from home. It makes sense, You never really get a chance to fully decompress from the responsibilities of either situation. When you are home, you are still husband, father, or maybe pet owner regardless of the fact you are working. When you can leave for work, unless there is an emergency you are just you at work doing your job. No interruptions and distractions of home and if work sucks you can go home and be in a different environment to separate yourself from that. However, if work from home sucks, it's harder to separate or detach from that when you are still in the same environment.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know a lot of people get stressed working from home. It makes sense, You never really get a chance to fully decompress from the responsibilities of either situation. When you are home, you are still husband, father, or maybe pet owner regardless of the fact you are working. When you can leave for work, unless there is an emergency you are just you at work doing your job. No interruptions and distractions of home and if work sucks you can go home and be in a different environment to separate yourself from that. However, if work from home sucks, it's harder to separate or detach from that when you are still in the same environment.
It is definitely true. I’m fortunate to have a job that’s generally low stress and easy for me, with coworkers I really enjoy, but I spend way more time in my head of household role - I see my family a lot more through the week compared to when I was traveling to a separate work location.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds like anxiety with some sort of trigger at home. I was dealing with this for a while. I would be fine all day at work and then even pulling into the neighborhood that would start. Also I think you have read so much about things that could be causing it you are probably increasing it with the belief it could be all of these things that you see around you that correlate with your research. As much as you are looking for external reasons you might want to speak with a therapist and start looking for internal / emotional reasons. I think that is far more likely then the EMF stuff. Not discounting that possibility. I know after some talking and self discovery my anxiety which caused me adrenaline releases which lead to easy anger started to subside. By the way me suggesting this does not mean I am suggesting you are unhappy at home.

Like with the workouts, if you limit them to the point you are not even pushing hard enough to relieve stress or enjoy them due to the thought they may be the problem could actually make the situation worse by not getting the stress relief from them you could be. The level of intensity you have to put in to stress your CNS to the point you are having issues is far beyond the level you are pushing yourself trying to avoid it.

Are you somewhere that marijuana is legal because microdosing edibles could also help with some of what you are dealing with without effecting your ability to function and actually improve it if it removes some of the over-stimulation / anxiety you are dealing with.

GABA is well known for causing anxiety if overdosed.
I hear you and I've considered they possibility, but the symptom I'm dealing with isn't anxiety, it causes anxiety. For months, I couldn't identify what was happening and just plowed through the day with it, knocking things out using it to my advantage. It wasn't until last week, out of town, realizing that it wasn't a natural feeling when I realized I should feel. Now knowing the difference, it creates anxiety/stress because I know it's not right. I hope I explained that well.

I can't use THC; I'm a recovering addict...11 years clean.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on 11 years! That’s huge!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Slept pretty good 2 days in a row! Still waking up earlier then I want to but totaled 7 hours both night, with 4 hours in a row without waking. Eating bad all weekend between family visiting and Christmas parties...glad I'm still only 221 😆

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hear you and I've considered they possibility, but the symptom I'm dealing with isn't anxiety, it causes anxiety. For months, I couldn't identify what was happening and just plowed through the day with it, knocking things out using it to my advantage. It wasn't until last week, out of town, realizing that it wasn't a natural feeling when I realized I should feel. Now knowing the difference, it creates anxiety/stress because I know it's not right. I hope I explained that well.

I can't use THC; I'm a recovering addict...11 years clean.
Oh I know exactly what you mean, well, I think I do anyway from how you described it as being over stimulated. I don't know that anxiety is the right word for what I was feeling so it is what I labeled it just for something to call it others could kind of understand. I just don't know what other word to use for the feeling. I told my wife and therapist it was like I would get the rushing feeling of adrenaline and it was always there in my chest just waiting to spring forward into action. Like I was on high alert defcon 5 but there was no actual justifiable reason.

I do hope you figure out what is going on. If it is anything like what I experienced it was a miserable feeling and affected my relationships with my family. I was pretty much okay outside the house with others.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh I know exactly what you mean, well, I think I do anyway from how you described it as being over stimulated. I don't know that anxiety is the right word for what I was feeling so it is what I labeled it just for something to call it others could kind of understand. I just don't know what other word to use for the feeling. I told my wife and therapist it was like I would get the rushing feeling of adrenaline and it was always there in my chest just waiting to spring forward into action. Like I was on high alert defcon 5 but there was no actual justifiable reason.

I do hope you figure out what is going on. If it is anything like what I experienced it was a miserable feeling and affected my relationships with my family. I was pretty much okay outside the house with others.
Did yours effect your heart rate or blood pressure? Mine doesn't; in fact, some of my lowest blood pressures (114/74) occurs while it's happening, and it's weird, the times I felt the most relaxed are when my blood pressure was more like 130/80. That's some of the weirdness of it, because when my anxiety is going, my BP can be like 170/100 😆 The other thing is it's not in my chest, but in my head...like a pressure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You guys should definitely start taking a lot of Tren. I heard it’s really effective.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lol c’mon man 16oz is a solid steak, but if you want big boy metabolic disruption you need to put down some big boy numbers for the sweats!

I probably need at least 50% more than that to get into sweats territory, but rest assured if you push far enough you’ll earn them.

Not fun at all though
48oz ribeye at a minimum

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did yours effect your heart rate or blood pressure? Mine doesn't; in fact, some of my lowest blood pressures (114/74) occurs while it's happening, and it's weird, the times I felt the most relaxed are when my blood pressure was more like 130/80. That's some of the weirdness of it, because when my anxiety is going, my BP can be like 170/100 😆 The other thing is it's not in my chest, but in my head...like a pressure.
I am not sure, back then I wasn't tracking any of my vitals. I hadn't touched anything in years so I wasn't too worried about them.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I meant to post this but apparently I never hit post.

There's actually no such thing as meat sweats or carb sweats or anything like that. I mean there is, but it's not what you think.

It doesn't matter what you ate, it could be meat, bread, fruits, anything can cause the sweats.

So what actually are the sweats? Its simply the thermogenic effect of food. If you eat too much of anything your body has to expand extra energy to break the food down. It triggers thermogenesis.

This is actually why we're often lighter after a cheat day or refeed. You shock your body with this massive amount of food and your body goes into overdrive or panic mode. It's like holy fukinshitballz, what is all this ****!!! Turn up the temperature and burn this ****!

Diet induced thermogenesis

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

There's actually no such thing as meat sweats or carb sweats or anything like that. I mean there is, but it's not what you think.

It doesn't matter what you ate, it could be meat, bread, fruits, anything can cause the sweats.

So what actually are the sweats? Its simply the thermogenic effect of food. If you eat too much of anything your body has to expand extra energy to break the food down. It triggers thermogenesis.

This is actually why we're often lighter after a cheat day or refeed. You shock your body with this massive amount of food and your body goes into overdrive or panic mode. It's like holy fukinshitballz, what is all this ****!!! Turn up the temperature and burn this ****!

Although it does tend to happen more with meat due to it having a higher TEF from being harder to process. I also notice I only seem to get it with harder to digest carbs. I have never had the sweats from candy or white rice. Not saying it doesn't happen, just not to me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

IMG_7392.JPG

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight: 223

Workout:

Deadlift Top Set 4x345 (rir 1 or 2)
Standing BB Press 3x8x115
Assisted Neutral Grip Pullup 6, 4, 5 x BW-50
Dips 8xBW-50, 8xBW
Db Lateral Raise 3x10x10's
BB Shrugs 8x135, 6x155

Felt like a good workout. Last set rir were usually 0-2. I'll add a 3rd set to dips and Shrugs next week. I like neutral grip pull ups so much better, but the Assisted machine doesn't have real grips for neutral grip, so I'm holding the slippery bar which didn't work well. Unsure what I'll do next week there. Standing Press looking good. I'll add a 4th set next week or increase weight a little. Time to really start pushing it.

Slept really good 3 days in a row. I have to eat 4 scrambled eggs per day for sleep apparently. Yesterday had my normal 4, then went out for breakfast with the family after church and have another couple. Slept even better last night. Not 100% sure it's related yet, but I'll test that too eventually...going up to 6 eggs daily. Don't know if I posted this before, but using Dr Chris Masterjohn's choline calculator, based on my genetics from 23andme, I need the equivalent of 6 eggs in choline per day.

Otherwise, that bizarre stimulation did not happen today, even a work day at home. I still felt the drive to get things done but I figure that's normal with all the chores staring at me like MrKleen73 said. But, the weird brain buzz/senses overstimulated thing did not happen. 2 things I've changed were got rid of the plants right on front of my work desk (wife's decoration and supposed to be healthy right?), and unplugged a router device that runs the wifi through the walls...can't recall what it's called. Either way, I'll take it!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Time to get this under control. Eating way too much 😆

Otherwise, sleep very well for a workout night, and have no PEM (post exertional malaise) today! Praise God. It's been so long since I haven't felt like trash the day after a workout.

I'll be skipping all supplements and vitamins the next couple days for the Organic Acid Test by Great Plains. Well, I plan to, but keeping lemon balm and theanine handy.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Time to get this under control. Eating way too much 😆

Otherwise, sleep very well for a workout night, and have no PEM (post exertional malaise) today! Praise God. It's been so long since I haven't felt like trash the day after a workout.

I'll be skipping all supplements and vitamins the next couple days for the Organic Acid Test by Great Plains. Well, I plan to, but keeping lemon balm and theanine handy.
good news on the lack of PEM. Are you putting together any specific short term or long term goals at the moment? your comment about choline is sorta mind blowing, I had never even given it a thought before. Do you ever fight ADD? It's sorta interesting seeing that you might be someone who needs more Choline, getting more of it, and reporting less PEM afterwards which could possibly also be connected.....

I know from your OP it sounds like you just wanted to recomp/get back into shape more than "hit X goal"?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
good news on the lack of PEM. Are you putting together any specific short term or long term goals at the moment? your comment about choline is sorta mind blowing, I had never even given it a thought before. Do you ever fight ADD? It's sorta interesting seeing that you might be someone who needs more Choline, getting more of it, and reporting less PEM afterwards which could possibly also be connected.....

I know from your OP it sounds like you just wanted to recomp/get back into shape more than "hit X goal"?
Yeah, I'm thinking the choline might be related to the PEM as well. I sometimes have ADD type symptoms, i believe. I'll have to read the same thing 5 times occasionally to get it. Sometimes, I literally can't at all. It's annoying and why I hate reading.

As far as goals go, yes, my first target is to get under 20% BF and get rid of the love handles (they aren't too noticeable under 20% for me). Then, get my strength back up. I've basically hit my first goals of getting to the intermediate strength standard with 300 squat, 350 DL, 225 Bench, and 155 standing press. I haven't actually performed them, but based on 1rm calculations I should be there. My next goal would be getting to advanced on the Wilks score, so 300 bench, 400 squat, 500 DL, and a 185 standing press. Well, 50 pounds off the the basic power lifts would be a better next goal for now.