MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you are making some progress in the sleep and recovery front.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You and I have the same overall goals... 300/400/500. I think you are better proportioned than me though, lol. My all time bests are 280/345/455 and 205 standing press. <-- can't really explain that one. lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You and I have the same overall goals... 300/400/500. I think you are better proportioned than me though, lol. My all time bests are 280/345/455 and 205 standing press. <-- can't really explain that one. lol
I'm not sure what you mean by better proportioned then you...I just took a look at your log and your stronger then me at a much lighter bodyweight! That's a great standing press by the way, well, all those lifts are, especially at your bodyweight. Advanced according to Wilks score I imagine.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what you mean by better proportioned then you...I just took a look at your log and your stronger then me at a much lighter bodyweight! That's a great standing press by the way, well, all those lifts are, especially at your bodyweight. Advanced according to Wilks score I imagine.
thanks man, I never mind an ego boost lol. But I think you hitting a 400/500 squat/dl is more likely than me. by the time my squat hits 400 my dl will be 580. I have retarded disproportion in my squat and deadlift. I have to fight to keep my squat higher than my bench lol.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
thanks man, I never mind an ego boost lol. But I think you hitting a 400/500 squat/dl is more likely than me. by the time my squat hits 400 my dl will be 580. I have retarded disproportion in my squat and deadlift. I have to fight to keep my squat higher than my bench lol.
I hear ya. Yeah, as long as I don't get injured, I should be able to hit those numbers again. But, it's still going to be a while for me to get there, unless I finally get my diet tight so I can lose 10-20 pounds so I can build appropriately. That's my problem. I have to eat in a way for poor performance to allow for the current weekend trash meals 😆 so anyway, you still will probably win the race!

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight: 221.4

Hit 12k steps yesterday and had a decent diet...finally no dessert 😋 Dinner was lasagna, so it was hard to figure out kcal but since breakfast and lunch only added to 1200 kcal roughly, I probably was still under target.

Slept decent last night considering I didn't take any vitamins, supplements, herbs at all yesterday. Today is another day I have to do that for the Great Plains Organic Acid Test tomorrow. But I definitely feel better when taking at least vitamins. This has allowed me to retest how I feel when I don't take anything.

Symptoms without taking anything: muscle cramps with mild exertion, perceived smell (not real I believe), clammy, still have regurgitation (no heartburn), very mild depression on waking, frequent waking but slept hard in between, mild health anxiety.

Something else I've noticed with taking vitamins or not, is effects on physique. When not taking anything, I appear a bit sloppy like I'm holding water. When supplementation is on point, I appear a little tighter and harder, even at this high of a BF%.

I'll update more symptoms as the day goes on.

Supplementation the last day I felt best:
500mcg hydroxocobalamin 15 minutes before breakfast

~300mcg folinic acid (.135-.140 from .18 capsule)
1 Cap Seeking Health Multivitamin Sensitive
Extra 25-50mg niacin (25mg at breakfast, 25mg later)
7500iu D3
180mcg K2 MK7
450mg Magnesium citrate (split breakfast/dinner)
2g NOW Vitamin C-1000 (split breakfast/lunch)
2g EPA/DHA

Breakfast: 4 scrambled cage free eggs, 1 scoop oat powder, 1 scoop vegan protein

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is your squat stance? I think most previous Crossfitters tend to use a pretty high bar stance, and often a really deep ATG squat as opposed to just below parallel. If that is the case you might try a slightly wider stance and use a low bar squat to drive up those numbers a bit. Also where would you say your sticking spot is?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Symptoms without taking anything: muscle cramps with mild exertion, perceived smell (not real I believe), clammy, still have regurgitation (no heartburn), very mild depression on waking, frequent waking but slept hard in between, mild health anxiety.
What's your target weight?
How is your job/personal life?

depression, SAD this time of year, all of it, is tough. they say it takes 21 days to create a habit right?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What is your squat stance? I think most previous Crossfitters tend to use a pretty high bar stance, and often a really deep ATG squat as opposed to just below parallel. If that is the case you might try a slightly wider stance and use a low bar squat to drive up those numbers a bit. Also where would you say your sticking spot is?
yeah Crossfitters always look at me goofy when they see me lowbar 😂
I have a pretty traditional power lifting squat although not particularly wide stance, normal and comfortable.
I do go ATG when training cleans or snatch however my front squats lately have found a great recoil right at parallel. back squats still like to go a little lower than necessary. olympic lifting improved my flexibility greatly, but almost to a detriment.
If I'm going to fail a squat it's in the first 6 inches between the hole and rising back up. I'll have some real grinds in the middle but I can tell it will still finish if I can get those first 6 inches.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah Crossfitters always look at me goofy when they see me lowbar 😂
I have a pretty traditional power lifting squat although not particularly wide stance, normal and comfortable.
I do go ATG when training cleans or snatch however my front squats lately have found a great recoil right at parallel. back squats still like to go a little lower than necessary. olympic lifting improved my flexibility greatly, but almost to a detriment.
If I'm going to fail a squat it's in the first 6 inches between the hole and rising back up. I'll have some real grinds in the middle but I can tell it will still finish if I can get those first 6 inches.
I would add in some paused squats, 1 & 1/4 squats and some box squats into the rotation to get through those sticking points. Of course not all at once. Also a good extended paused squat will really help you find a spot you can hold that is below parallel but not so low that it is detrimental to how much you can lift. Then your body will just naturally change direction at that spot since it is already used to stopping there. Save the ATG squats for Olympic / High bar stance.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would add in some paused squats, 1 & 1/4 squats and some box squats into the rotation to get through those sticking points. Of course not all at once. Also a good extended paused squat will really help you find a spot you can hold that is below parallel but not so low that it is detrimental to how much you can lift. Then your body will just naturally change direction at that spot since it is already used to stopping there. Save the ATG squats for Olympic / High bar stance.
Any advice or standard approach to as what % of working sets your pause squats should be at? I have historically stopped them at 225lbs never intentionally trained them much higher than that.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What's your target weight?
How is your job/personal life?

depression, SAD this time of year, all of it, is tough. they say it takes 21 days to create a habit right?
I'd like to weigh 200, but the truth is I will likely never hit that again barring any major health issues or discoveries. I'm going to shoot for 210 and reassess from there.

My current job is only temporary until we find out if we're staying in this area or moving next year, but it's the easiest job I've ever had and from home so I can take care of the house and my kids while my wife has the real bread and butter job.

The depression isn't always there. When vitamin supplementation is on point, I have no symptoms of depression. When I stop taking vitamins (specifically folate), my nails stop growing and wounds stop healing and the depression surfaces. Granted, I feel situation sadness of course under different circumstances, but I know the difference when each surface (mostly).

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sometimes its supplemental sometimes its internal. Sometimes ya gotta give yourself grace, other times you gotta forge through. Depression is a bitch but it sounds like you recognize it enough to know when to take it serious and when to let it go. Sounds to me like you're at exactly the right age, with exactly the right family dynamic with exactly the right uncertainty in job and house during exactly the right time of year to help create challenges regardless. You know who you are, what you are, and what you're doing... that puts you a millions miles ahead of most of society. Keep at it bro, hopefully the routines that you're reestablishing help a lot.

Plus, I personally count down the days till Dec 22nd when they start getting longer again !! ha! My two least favorite days of the year are dec 21, the shortest, and june 21, the longest (since then they start shortening up fast lol.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
sometimes its supplemental sometimes its internal. Sometimes ya gotta give yourself grace, other times you gotta forge through. Depression is a bitch but it sounds like you recognize it enough to know when to take it serious and when to let it go. Sounds to me like you're at exactly the right age, with exactly the right family dynamic with exactly the right uncertainty in job and house during exactly the right time of year to help create challenges regardless. You know who you are, what you are, and what you're doing... that puts you a millions miles ahead of most of society. Keep at it bro, hopefully the routines that you're reestablishing help a lot.

Plus, I personally count down the days till Dec 22nd when they start getting longer again !! ha! My two least favorite days of the year are dec 21, the shortest, and june 21, the longest (since then they start shortening up fast lol.
Right on. To that bolded part, absolutely 100%. Great points. And if the PEM stays at bay, I'll be able to add more training sessions per week which will help greatly.

Short days vs long days...I'm with you. I'm not a fan of pitch black at 5pm, but not a fan of sunny 9pm either lol.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Keep at it bro. I could be wrong but from every man I've ever seen we have a period in life that spans as young as late twenties to as old as early 40s that seemingly slams them with a level of despair and internal challenge that is twice as hard as our external challenges. I don't understand it 100% but having been through it I know that I feel 10 x's stronger because of the **** I passed through the past decade. 40 is by far my favorite age so far.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any advice or standard approach to as what % of working sets your pause squats should be at? I have historically stopped them at 225lbs never intentionally trained them much higher than that.
60-70% quite likely, but it’s just going to be based on what you can manage to lift well for the intended rep scheme. You don’t want to be on the ragged edge; start lighter than you think and leave reps in the tank. It’s about dominating the positions, exerting control and being fairly explosive in reversal strength. You can’t learn positions if your body is in panic mode just trying to survive the weights.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't done box squats in years, same with pin press. Both movements I found typically put me in a retarded position that left me saying ouch in a potential injury way. BUT I should probably rethink that and find a way to reincorporate both proper.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven't done box squats in years, same with pin press. Both movements I found typically put me in a retarded position that left me saying ouch in a potential injury way. BUT I should probably rethink that and find a way to reincorporate both proper.
I was specifically referring to comp position pause squats.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight: 221

That weight was before the morning dump, so I should be 220 or so.

Anyone ever calculate FFMI? Needed a little hopium/motivation and glad I did. Based on my height, weight and BF%, I'm in the "bodybuilder/powerlifter" class, with a little too much BF%. Occasionally I get frustrated with how much I've regressed/decompositioned (is that a word?), so looking at things like that helps stay motivated. Also read the new article Christian Thib wrote about spotting fake natty's, but the point there is I'm likely about 20 pounds of muscle away from my natural limit. I don't think that's too far off. Gotta keep at it.

Sending off the OAT test before my workout later today. Praying for something truly enlightening from that.

Couple other theories on the PEM and sleep issue. I've been waiting to eat breakfast until 9am or so, and then working out at noon. Before, I would eat at 7, and then workout at noon. I wonder if that long of a time with only 20g carbs was causing a cortisol spike (or whatever), resulting in poor sleep, thus PEM? I also haven't used any protein shakes in a few days, and have wondered before if vegan protein powder, like whey, causes sleep disturbances as well. To go with this theory, my breakfast was as below:

4 scrambled eggs, 1 cup microwave oats, 3oz chicken

Let's see what that does for PEM tomorrow. If it fails, I'll increase eggs for that theory again.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I quoted this to provide an answer but you can just read @Hyde's response.
60-70% quite likely, but it’s just going to be based on what you can manage to lift well for the intended rep scheme. You don’t want to be on the ragged edge; start lighter than you think and leave reps in the tank. It’s about dominating the positions, exerting control and being fairly explosive in reversal strength. You can’t learn positions if your body is in panic mode just trying to survive the weights.
Everything @Hyde said... Imagine that!
Weight: 221

That weight was before the morning dump, so I should be 220 or so.

Anyone ever calculate FFMI? Needed a little hopium/motivation and glad I did. Based on my height, weight and BF%, I'm in the "bodybuilder/powerlifter" class, with a little too much BF%. Occasionally I get frustrated with how much I've regressed/decompositioned (is that a word?), so looking at things like that helps stay motivated. Also read the new article Christian Thib wrote about spotting fake natty's, but the point there is I'm likely about 20 pounds of muscle away from my natural limit. I don't think that's too far off. Gotta keep at it.
No I haven't going to have to look up FFMI, not familiar with it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well I quoted this to provide an answer but you can just read @Hyde's response.
Everything @Hyde said... Imagine that!

No I haven't going to have to look up FFMI, not familiar with it.
It's pretty neat. Also, I edited the post that you quoted...could you take a look at it again with regard to the carb timing and PEM theory?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's pretty neat. Also, I edited the post that you quoted...could you take a look at it again with regard to the carb timing and PEM theory?
Well, unfortunately I don't know too much about ME/CFS which is what i found when looking up PEM. I at least understand a bit more of what you are going through, but to comment on what I think might be part of it would be a bit premature of me with my understanding of what you are dealing with.

I do think that if cortisone is released during that fast perhaps it could affect your levels of PEM based on the article I read. At least I can at least understand why you would make that tie in. However if in a deficit you are going to be releasing cortisol whether fasting or not as your body needs to go catabolic to break down fat for energy regardless. So not really sure on that aspect. Have you read of anyone experiencing a bit of relief with cortisone limiting supplements?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, unfortunately I don't know too much about ME/CFS which is what i found when looking up PEM. I at least understand a bit more of what you are going through, but to comment on what I think might be part of it would be a bit premature of me with my understanding of what you are dealing with.

I do think that if cortisone is released during that fast perhaps it could affect your levels of PEM based on the article I read. At least I can at least understand why you would make that tie in. However if in a deficit you are going to be releasing cortisol whether fasting or not as your body needs to go catabolic to break down fat for energy regardless. So not really sure on that aspect. Have you read of anyone experiencing a bit of relief with cortisone limiting supplements?
Good points. Yeah, I should mention I only call it PEM because I don't know what else to call it. I don't necessarily believe I have ME/CFS either (and really don't want to go down that path), but the similarities are there. It's interesting you say that about a deficit. There might be a link there. My supplementation and diet will be exactly the same today as Monday, except I'm lower on glycogen so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

On the other hand, I think I have had the PEM even when glycogen full. I just don't know.

Thanks for the input.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow there's a lot going on here. @Hyde @MrKleen73 apologies, I had threads crossed and was thinking boxes. yeah those numbers for pause squats appear to be equal to or even slightly lower than what I have been doing so thats encouraging.

@GreenMachineX fingers crossed bro. I always figure if supplements (or say eggs in this case) give me even a 1% improvement then it's huge. the FFMI calculators are new to me. going to have to research that one more. How did you figure the 20lb figure ?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
wow there's a lot going on here. @Hyde @MrKleen73 apologies, I had threads crossed and was thinking boxes. yeah those numbers for pause squats appear to be equal to or even slightly lower than what I have been doing so thats encouraging.

@GreenMachineX fingers crossed bro. I always figure if supplements (or say eggs in this case) give me even a 1% improvement then it's huge. the FFMI calculators are new to me. going to have to research that one more. How did you figure the 20lb figure ?
The 20 pound figure was based on the numbers in that Thib article. For someone my height at 10% BF, 207 or so would be my genetic limit. 10% from that, would be 186 lb lean body mass and my current lean body mass is 165.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The 20 pound figure was based on the numbers in that Thib article. For someone my height at 10% BF, 207 or so would be my genetic limit. 10% from that, would be 186 lb lean body mass and my current lean body mass is 165.
I found the article, the numbers are pretty damn impressive. moreso than I would have thought achievable for myself

• 5’2" – 167 pounds
  • 5’4" – 175 pounds
  • 5’6" – 183 pounds
  • 5’8" – 204 pounds
  • 5’10" – 213 pounds
  • 6’ – 222 pounds
  • 6’2" – 231 pounds
  • 6’4" – 245 pounds
  • 6’6" – 257 pounds

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I found the article, the numbers are pretty damn impressive. moreso than I would have thought achievable for myself

• 5’2" – 167 pounds
  • 5’4" – 175 pounds
  • 5’6" – 183 pounds
  • 5’8" – 204 pounds
  • 5’10" – 213 pounds
  • 6’ – 222 pounds
  • 6’2" – 231 pounds
  • 6’4" – 245 pounds
  • 6’6" – 257 pounds
Yeah, I don't know. I'm sure I can add back another 10 naturally, but I don't know about 20.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
According to that I am a Never Skips leg Day guy at an FFMI of 26.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
at first I read "off season bodybuilder" and I was like... you calling me fat?
Then i looked up and saw the "Probably talking about CrossFit right now" and figured I was much happier where i landed here lololololol

literally was thinking about cutting sleeves off some shirts this week 😂😂

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Then i looked up and saw the "Probably talking about CrossFit right now" and figured I was much happier where i landed here lololololol

Now of course what I need to do is get to the Might Be Juicing square. I think that is just some fat loss to get there.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Now of course what I need to do is get to the Might Be Juicing square. I think that is just some fat loss to get there.

Y'all got me smoked. I got some work to do lol

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't mean to hop into your log and just start spouting stuff off so apologize if I seem to be intruding..\

Once you get used to them you can train them pretty heavy as long as you aren't overly limited by something. I tend to take 10% off whatever the given non-paused training percentage would be for a pause with an additional 5% off per second of pause. Everyone is different though.

An example would be a couple weeks ago I was aiming to hit a 5 rep pause squat (1 count pause) building until final rep hit a slow down (which for me usually would have me at 3 RIR) and it ended up being right about 70% of what is probably my current e1rm non paused. I do tons of pauses though so I am probably a bit more acclimated than many.

Just a heads up, and don't take this as negative towards you just being completely straight forward, FFMI can be useful for rough estimates, but that the higher the body fat the less accurate it may be and most people tend to be overly generous in how low they think their body fat percentage is.

Also fwiw I have gone back and forth a bit over the years with how I feel about it. At the end of the day though if looking at it is something that motivates you and gives you a good mind set of where you want to strive to be I think that can be an awesome thing of use.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't mean to hop into your log and just start spouting stuff off so apologize if I seem to be intruding..\

Once you get used to them you can train them pretty heavy as long as you aren't overly limited by something. I tend to take 10% off whatever the given non-paused training percentage would be for a pause with an additional 5% off per second of pause. Everyone is different though.

An example would be a couple weeks ago I was aiming to hit a 5 rep pause squat (1 count pause) building until final rep hit a slow down (which for me usually would have me at 3 RIR) and it ended up being right about 70% of what is probably my current e1rm non paused. I do tons of pauses though so I am probably a bit more acclimated than many.

Just a heads up, and don't take this as negative towards you just being completely straight forward, FFMI can be useful for rough estimates, but that the higher the body fat the less accurate it may be and most people tend to be overly generous in how low they think their body fat percentage is.

Also fwiw I have gone back and forth a bit over the years with how I feel about it. At the end of the day though if looking at it is something that motivates you and gives you a good mind set of where you want to strive to be I think that can be an awesome thing of use.
Thank you Captain Buzzkill! 😆

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

They also fail to account how difficult it is to hold lean mass when dropping that excess bodyfat without steroids. It’s extremely difficult for a natural with any truly appreciable muscle mass to even hold 10% bodyfat. Good genetics and younger, sure, but not your average genetics & now middle age. Being 10% or having the muscle aren’t the problems, but doing them simultaneously is tough.

These are very high possible limits, not what the average can reasonably aspire to.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They also fail to account how difficult it is to hold lean mass when dropping that excess bodyfat without steroids. It’s extremely difficult for a natural with any truly appreciable muscle mass to even hold 10% bodyfat. Good genetics and younger, sure, but not your average genetics & now middle age. Being 10% or having the muscle aren’t the problems, but doing them simultaneously is tough.

These are very high possible limits, not what the average can reasonably aspire to.
Ya it’s been awhile since I looked at it a lot but I think that’s what I was getting at with accuracy at higher body fat, but makes more sense the way you put it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today's WO:

BB Bench 4 x 7, 7, 7, 5 x 185
BB Row 10x95, 2x8x115
Squat 5x235
Cable Upright Row 12x25, 10x30, 10x35
OH Cable Extension 3 x 12, 10, 8 x 25
DB Curls 10x20's, 2 x 6, 6 x 25's

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Layne Norton is the only natural, that I believe is truly natural, who I've seen come close to these limits. I believe he averages around 205-210lbs at 5'10" (I could be wrong) when he's not strength/powerlifting training.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today's WO:

BB Bench 4 x 7, 7, 7, 5 x 185
BB Row 10x95, 2x8x115
Squat 5x235
Cable Upright Row 12x25, 10x30, 10x35
OH Cable Extension 3 x 12, 10, 8 x 25
DB Curls 10x20's, 2 x 6, 6 x 25's
solid jump from your last squat session, I'd like to raise my 5 rep set 50lbs every week lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
solid jump from your last squat session, I'd like to raise my 5 rep set 50lbs every week lol
Well, that last workout before was super easy, basically a deload. If I was well, I'd be doing sets of 5 at about 255 I think, but with how bad my recovery is, I'm just not there yet. Squats really rev me up uncomfortably so, so I'm being careful there. I likely could've got 8-10 of the 235.

Everything else was about 0rir on last set, except rows, which was revs me up so again, took it just a little easy. Nevertheless, it's been 2 hours since I stopped working out and heart rate is still a bit high...took 25mg niacin to hopefully help calm it down.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You're right man we have some crazy similar numbers and struggles. Squats are by far my most miserable lift. I'm starting.. starting to fall in love with leg work again after 3 solid months of rebuilding the habit but damn they are hard.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You're right man we have some crazy similar numbers and struggles. Squats are by far my most miserable lift. I'm starting.. starting to fall in love with leg work again after 3 solid months of rebuilding the habit but damn they are hard.
Lol I hear ya. I need to take a look at your log again...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight: 220

I thought I'd be lower then that, so either I'm holding more glycogen than I'm trying, or I've gained a lot more fat the previous 2 weeks of eating whatever lol.

Mild PEM today. My sleep wasn't as bad as other post workout days, but not as good as Monday. Pretty sure the emf thing isn't the issue anymore. Usually I'm a bit more miserable with PEM, but today just a buzzy feeling in the brain and a little body inflammation, but my mood is better then before, anxiety low, and still motivated to do some chores. So, the choline/egg thing is still on the table, and also adding in overmethylation. I'll be trying extra niacin over the coming weeks.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this brand has some nootropics I played with this year that I felt gave me massive clarity when I was going through periods of brain fog. the worst of it for me was right as the seasons change to shorter days. I went through probably three orders of this one, and their capsular non stim one.

after the past 3 months of seriously ramping up and rebuilding habits, I've completely forgotten to order more and haven't felt the need. but when I did have a foggy brain I found within about 3 days of taking these daily, I started noticing massive clarity