Boyfriend started a cycle

Kelsey75

Kelsey75

Awards
Hey everyone, I kind of feel out of place on this site but I had some questions and this site seems like a pretty good source.
My boyfriend started a cycle last night, and I'm just wondering what to expect. This is the first time he has tried steroids,
he's 6"4 and about 200 pounds. All I have heard about are the negative effects of steroids and I just wanted
to know if there is anything I should prepare for, and if he does happen to have negative side effects...What can I do to help?
I want to be as supportive as possible, and although I don't LOVE what he's doing, I'm trying to accept it and get through it.
If there are other girls on here who are in the same situation as me, I'd love to hear from you as well.
Thanks guys.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on what he is taking and if he knows what he is doing. The noticable side will be shutting down his natural testosterone production. He will feel it when he finish his cycle. He needs to have a good PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) to counter the estrogen while his production goes back to normal. This usually takes 4 weeks give or take. One possible issue if he doesn't have proper PCT is he develops gyno and his production takes longer to come back.

His cholesterol values will be bad, particularly his good cholesterol. His liver values will also look bad if he took blood work, but both will go back to normal after his cycle.

Behavior wise, you shouldn't notice any difference. It is not as big of a deal as people think it is.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Side effects vary based on the compound being used, diet, training, and dosage.

Find out what hes cycling and get back to us.

Typically with any cycle cholesterol levels will be bad (low hdl & high LDL), but this is only transient and is often rectified with proper time off once the cycle is complete. His natural testosterone levels will also be lowered regardless of compound being used, although some specific anabolics are worse in this regards to other (nandrolone derivatives vs testosterone derivatives). This is why PCT (post cycle therapy) is crucial to any cycle. Oral anabolics can also cause liver damage.

There really isnt anything you can do to help besides ensure that he isnt running his cycle stupid (IE supedrol at 30+mg a day for 6 weeks with no PCT).

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A couple of points if I may
1. This sight is totally biased- it's called anabolic minds- we favor steroids!
2. the reason we favor steroids is because we know the TRUTH about them.
3. There is a 99% chance steroids will NOT cause your boyfriend to rage
4. If he doesn't know what he is doing, he can mess himself up- steroids are fine WHEN used properly
5. Expect his sex drive to do one of two things- skyrocket or plumet
6. Expect his testicular volume to shrink- this is normal while ON steroids- if he does a proper PCT his testes will recover in size AND function
7.Find out what he is taking and get back to us!

Now these all depend on the type of compound he is using and what his dose of said compound is.
we need more info

Reactions: T50
GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
schwell named them pretty much, but seriously, find out what hes taking and how much and get back to us.

Kelsey75

Kelsey75

Awards
Yeah you're right the site is biased, I kind of meant to word it that the site is obviously non-judgemental about steroids like other ones I've seen. I just worded it completely wrong, haha. He just started injecting last night he said he's using Sustaton 250 at 800 mg's a week, 400 per injection.
He injected into the leg last night and is feeling quite a bit of pain in the area. I'm assuming that's normal? How long does that usually last?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
800mg/week for first cycle is a bit overboard

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah you're right the site is biased, I kind of meant to word it that the site is obviously non-judgemental about steroids like other ones I've seen. I just worded it completely wrong, haha. He just started injecting last night he said he's using Sustaton 250 at 800 mg's a week, 400 per injection.
He injected into the leg last night and is feeling quite a bit of pain in the area. I'm assuming that's normal? How long does that usually last?
I agree, 800mg sounds a bit much for a first cycle. 500-600mg a wk is more the realm of a first cycle.

Ensuring that he uses proper injection technique will save himself quite a bit of pain. Always be hygienic, ie. wash hands first, swab injection area and top of vial with alcohol pad, never touch needle, swap needle tips after filling syringe but before injection are good ways to avoid getting an abscess or infection. I feel that the vastus lateralis is the best area of the thigh for pain free injection. PIP (post injection pain) typically only lasts for a few days, and usually happens to "virgin muscles" being injected for the first few times.

He will most certainly want to get an anti-aromatase for his cycle to avoid excess water retention & gyno.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
800mgs is FINE IMO

its Testosterone guys- and sustanon at that.

What your boyfriend is injecting is a blend testosterone- to keep it simple- some of the blend kicks in right away while the other part of the blend takes time to build in the system.

while 800 is higher than normal, he SHOULD not have any negative reactions in fact, several positives should occur in this situation
1.Improved sleep
2.Improved mood(yes testosterone IMPROVES mood)
3.Improved sex drive- expect him to be very horny.

and the pain is normal- it will pass after a while- it is the body adjusting to the foreign substance is all.

some guys on here will say it is too high- i dont think so- but i tend to go against the grain- if he was doing over a gram of it then yeah i would say too much

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Lmfao ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
He doesn't need 800mg per week for his first rodeo IMO, 500 is fine (unless he has bunk stuff). If your boyfriend had anger issues before juicing than don't confuse the juice for being responsible all of a sudden.

WARNING: His sex drive will be through the roof and go back to normal after PCT

1. How long is his cycle ?
2. Is he taking any supplements to combat side effects like bloating (not necessarily a bad thing), blood pressure, cholesterol ?
3. Does he have a plan for combating a possible infection or gyno (aka "b!tch tits") ?
4. Just an FYI, steroids aren't magic. Make sure your BF follows a good diet. Many people make the mistake of using juice as a crutch for a bad diet or training program, make sure this is not your BF. These are the people who say ALL your gains disappear when you come off.
5. I'm just an extra cautious individual so get him to read on this site
6. The pain is no biggie, just gets a little annoying.

Here's a good documentary to watch on steroids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpf-CXn3Bis

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
if hes on 800mg a wk of sus be prepared for lots of love. he wont leave you alone after 2kws

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
There have been a few threads like this over the past couple yrs. Search google "anabolicminds boyfriend" or "my BF's on a cycle anabolic minds", etc, play around with the wording, the old threads will come up

Kelsey75

Kelsey75

Awards
Thanks everyone.
His cycle is 8 weeks.
Week 3 he starts half capulse/day of arimadex, and then the 9th week starting nolvadex (capsule a day)
If theres any infection, he plans to consult a physician.
He's on a 4000 cal intake/day, and seems to have a solid workout plan, so no worries there. And I guess that is a plus for the sex drive :)
He's doesn't really have anger issues prior to the cycle, definitely can have a short temper from time to time, but nothing scary, so I'm hoping it will stay that way, and I just want him to be healthy.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Lmao also.high chances he will.cheat, on cycle I often wanted to screw any women I could...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
800mg/week of sus but for only 7.5 weeks?

That's a horrible plan.

How old is your boyfriend? I don't think I saw that mentioned anywhere. Using AAS isn't that big of a deal, but not preparing before using them is.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
They made us watch that Ben afflac psa in high school

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone.
His cycle is 7.5 weeks.
Week 3 he starts half capulse/day of arimadex, and then the 9th week starting nolvadex (capsule a day)
If theres any infection, he plans to consult a physician.
He's on a 4000 cal intake/day, and seems to have a solid workout plan, so no worries there. And I guess that is a plus for the sex drive :)
He's doesn't really have anger issues prior to the cycle, definitely can have a short temper from time to time, but nothing scary, so I'm hoping it will stay that way, and I just want him to be healthy.
I'd go 12 weeks instead of 7.5 weeks, if he's gonna shut down his natural test production then he better make it worth the trouble.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i bet this is actually a dude who is to prideful to ask for help so he poses as a chick

lawlz

Kelsey75

Kelsey75

Awards
No I'm really a girl, he uses the forum on T nation, doesn't have an account on here..
but I don't see why a guy would be too prideful to ask for help that's what the site is for,
I just wanted to hear opinions from other guys and girls, but I can delete the post or whatever it isn't a big deal.

Kelsey75

Kelsey75

Awards
800mg/week of sus but for only 7.5 weeks?

That's a horrible plan.

How old is your boyfriend? I don't think I saw that mentioned anywhere. Using AAS isn't that big of a deal, but not preparing before using them is.
He's 23 and seems like he's been preparing but he kept all of this hidden from me for a while, so I'm not really sure I only found out all of this last week, it's kind of overwhelming.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
No I'm really a girl, he uses the forum on T nation, doesn't have an account on here..
but I don't see why a guy would be too prideful to ask for help that's what the site is for,
I just wanted to hear opinions from other guys and girls, but I can delete the post or whatever it isn't a big deal.
I was gonna tell u to take a pic with two spoons over your nipples to prove it's you , It's no big deal , everyone here has seen tits with spoons on them before, ( except rat cause he trains too much) but I don't want to b rude and drive you away because if you are someone's woman, he is lucky to have you watching his back like this, I thought this would turn a woman off! I hope more women pop up here on AM. You will get the info you need eventually but make sure he's ready. He's gonna fuuck the bejesus outta you for months, and you might want him to stay on cycle longer so u can orgasm ur brain out but don't ! Or you will end up with a girl friend! With tiits bigger than yours!
Good luck!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's 23 and seems like he's been preparing but he kept all of this hidden from me for a while, so I'm not really sure I only found out all of this last week, it's kind of overwhelming.
23 is still fairly young, but I've seen worse things happen.

If he's been preparing for any decent amount of time, he either hasn't been doing enough of it or he has been getting all of the wrong information. The only time I typically see cycles that short (aside from some rare exceptions) are people doing oral steroid only cycles; and they simply cut them that short because of the dangers of hepatoxicity.

That being said, I don't know how you want to go about this (e.g. do you want to address this and bring it up to him that you've been getting info to help? or do you just want to let him do his thing?). It sounds like he's got his PCT lined up based on what you mentioned earlier, but that dose of sus is still high for a first time user and especially for such a short amount of time. I'd highly advise tapering that number down to 400-500mg/week; maybe 600 if he is really set on it and stretch the length out to 12 weeks.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I'm like 6 inches shorter and 5 lbs heavier. I've only been training for 4 years and still have a lot of progress left...though I really wanna get on T for a cycle

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wow I feel stupid, his weight is 230 not 200 I have no idea why I put that.
He's wanting to lose a bit of weight though in the tummy area lol. ;)
Even still a chubby 230, at that height, is not much better..lol

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Even still a chubby 230, at that height, is not much better..lol
Here is the thing, this dude should be cutting down to 10% or less bf and then doing a cycle. If he is chubby, 15%+ bf then issues may arise such as gyno.
I was 6'4 200 10% bf before my cycle last year. Now I'm 235 11-12% bf (only cause pool season is over)

For many of us taller dudes clean weight is hard to come by, so I get why he is shooting...thing is, I would have lost as much bf as possible before cycle, if I was him, to be able to eat a ton and really blow up... Just my humble opinion...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It comes down to mass. At 6'4 200lbs, even at 10% you are carrying VERY little muscle mass. You should be able to do better then that naturally, with a little hard work, and TIME.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
A couple of points if I may
1. This sight is totally biased- it's called anabolic minds- we favor steroids!
2. the reason we favor steroids is because we know the TRUTH about them.
3. There is a 99% chance steroids will NOT cause your boyfriend to rage
4. If he doesn't know what he is doing, he can mess himself up- steroids are fine WHEN used properly
5. Expect his sex drive to do one of two things- skyrocket or plumet
6. Expect his testicular volume to shrink- this is normal while ON steroids- if he does a proper PCT his testes will recover in size AND function
7.Find out what he is taking and get back to us!

Now these all depend on the type of compound he is using and what his dose of said compound is.
we need more info
He's right about this site. In fact, I think it's become nothing more than an advertising board for Andromass; whatever the hell that is . I'm gonna have bumper stickers made that say " My Superdrol can kick the ever loving SH!T out of your Andromass. Ok, I'm done ranting...

russthebus

Awards
Maybe have him try a PH cycle first? I gotta fell lucky having a supportive GF that enjoys pinning me lol

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
wow.... im embarrassed to read some of the responses some of you guys posted in here.

This is a serious matter and a Lady, treat it as such.

Increased sex drive and he will be horny is ok, anything more graphic then that is just rude. Comments, joking or not, of abuse against a woman is just disgusting and you who think otherwise should be castrated.

The few responses in here that were to the point, thanks guys, you are to be commended, the rest of you chumps need to get a life and grow a brain. If I was your father I woulda beat the piss outta you for ever coming close to any of these lines of reasoning growing up, maybe then youd know how to speak to a woman.

/rant

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wow.... im embarrassed to read some of the responses some of you guys posted in here.

Increased sex drive and he will be horny is ok, anything more graphic then that is just rude. Comments, joking or not, of abuse against a woman is just disgusting and you who think otherwise should be castrated.

The few responses in here that were to the point, thanks guys, you are to be commended, the rest of you chumps need to get a life and grow a brain. If I was your father I woulda beat the piss outta you for ever coming close to any of these lines of reasoning growing up, maybe then youd know how to speak to a woman.

/rant
I think us who made stupid comments, strongly think this might be a guy afraid to admit the info is for himself.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
My GF was concerned my first cycle too, but she never posted :'(. I guess she doesn't love me:(.

Not much info to give. Everyone has said it all. 12 weeks would be better.

kansui

kansui

Awards

/rant
My thoughts exactly! Well said. One post in particular is downright rude and childish. OP has been given some good answers too from those obviously with experience.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it how whenever a girl pops up on this site with questions about a guy people start questioning it like they have never seen a girl before lol.

@Kelsey75, assuming you are completely genuine I appreciate this site might be confusing. Ignore the jokes as it is just guys giving you banter. Ignore the comments about his weight, he is already on cycle and you didn't come here for people to make comments like they are lecturing your boyfriend on his decision. If you make your questions concise so people know what you are asking you will get genuinely helpful comments.

I would offer opinion but it is not my area and I do not have any expertise on it at all.

Good luck.

Kelsey75

Kelsey75

Awards
Thank you to everyone on this thread who have responded with helpful advice. I know it may have seemed a little odd to have a woman posting on this site, and that's exactly why I was little apprehensive to post in the first place. To be honest I came on here because I didn't know what else to do. Lately, my boyfriend has been keeping a lot of things hidden from me. I would have never even known about him starting a cycle If it wasn't for his friend spilling the beans. So now, needless to say, everytime he says anything on the subject matter of steroids, I have an extremely hard time believing him. At first I thought he was making stuff up, so things would look better for me, and so I wouldn't be as "mad." Every time I would do a google search, I'd find horror stories, and I'd get even more worried. Anyway, somehow I came across the site, and after reading a couple threads in the forum,I was excited. You all seemed so friendly, helpful, and extremely knowledgable on the subject.
Not only did I want to hear facts and advise, but I just wanted support because I have no one I can discuss this with, without judgement. I understand now, that it is probably weird to have a girl asking questions, and you might assume I'm a guy and that's fine. All I wanted was a few opinions and most of you gave me very helpful ones. If you're on facebook, my profile is /profile.php?id=695220374 if you type that in the url box after .com. I would've posted the whole thing but the site won't let me post links yet.
If you choose, you all can stop answering the posts now If you find it uncomfortable not knowing my gender, that's ok. I will stop posting as well and delete my account. If there happens to be a problem that arises in his cycle, I will definitely go back to consulting Google. :) Thanks everyone.