LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My wife and daughter are really struggling with this one. Losing two dogs in less than a month.
That's gotta be rough. I can't imagine when mine goes. Don't even want to think about it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM, so got in my labor and Golf on Saturday. No training yesterday or this morning.

Had a big turn of events yesterday morning. Went out at 530am to take my dog out and he passed in his sleep. This one hurt, he had been doing so good and living it up. We had him at the marina all day Saturday running around, golf cart rides, living it up. So at least he passed peacefully in his sleep. We decided to bury him on the property. My wife and daughter are really struggling with this one. Losing two dogs in less than a month.
View attachment 236422
RIP Bosco, he was a good old dog!!!!

Back in the gym tomorrow
Glad you got to spend some quality time with him before he passed. Very sorry brother.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey @BOSSMAN hope the family is doing okay with the loss. Also hope to see you back on here soon. Keep up that good start you already have going.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey @BOSSMAN hope the family is doing okay with the loss. Also hope to see you back on here soon. Keep up that good start you already have going.
I will tomorrow, I haf plans to train this morning but my mind just wasn't in it and decided to get a few extra hours of sleep this morning.

I'm doing OK, wife is still all over the place. Her and my daughter are heading south Tonight so hopefully her going to see our son will help get things off her mind.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will tomorrow, I haf plans to train this morning but my mind just wasn't in it and decided to get a few extra hours of sleep this morning.

I'm doing OK, wife is still all over the place. Her and my daughter are heading south Tonight so hopefully her going to see our son will help get things off her mind.
Yeah, that is a hard one. I am sure you will all being feeling it for a long time. My wife still cries when she gets caught off guard by a picture or memory when she isn't ready for it and it has been over a year. It really is a blessing he had such a good day with you all the day before.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
324am PUMP ADDICT 2 peptiplex 2 PA

Treadmill

330am EAAS sipping through workout

Swiss ball rolling / Swiss ball wall squats

Barbell bench

Upright row cable

Wide lat pulldown

Ez bar curls

Tricep pushdown

Reverse close grip pull down

401 Treadmill
421 am workout complete
Youtube mix

Morning AM, glad to be back at it this morning after a 4 day break. Still a little rough this morning. Usually my dogs are in the garage with me while I train and today was the first time without either one with me. Sounds a lil weird, but it is what it is.

Not moving big weights at all at the moment. Just doing a comfortable 3 x 10 with a weight I know won't bring injury.

Everyone have a safe productive day ✊️ 🇺🇲

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can imagine, my dogs always want to come out to the garage with me, and it is awesome when you can pet them or whatever in between sets. Sometimes they just get too exited tho so it isn't an every time thing for me.

Keep your head up Brother, as you know in time it will get better.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can imagine, my dogs always want to come out to the garage with me, and it is awesome when you can pet them or whatever in between sets. Sometimes they just get too exited tho so it isn't an every time thing for me.

Keep your head up Brother, as you know in time it will get better.
Same for me. Then they want to be petted during the set as well and get excited if I make any grunting noise

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM family, just checking in . Everything is moving along. Just haven't been posting. Training is slow, eating tons of protein, and working like an animal.

The 12lb loss fluctuates between 8-12lbs so I'm content qith that for the moment woth the mediocre effort I'm putting forth with Training.

@sns8778

The peptiplex and PA stack is working. Taking two caps of each 430am fasted and two caps of each around 11am.

I've noticed a positive mood, a slim feeling, all day energy...not a stimulant or caffeine feeling, and the best is the hardness and pumps. I hope to catch the same deal again before it expires.

If I do ill probably send my two bottles of AE to my son in SC. He has never used any supplements besides pwo and creatine hcl.

Here is his current progress

Screenshot_20231013_073134_Messages.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He is looking huge! What is he weighing in at now?

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He is looking huge! What is he weighing in at now?
He eats 6 square meals a day, trust me grocery pick up is like another truck payment. He is 22 and living 5 states away working full time and in tech school 4 nights a week. I let him struggle to face reality but I dam sure ain't gonna let him go without.

He trains from 12-2am, works 8-5, then school 7-11pm. That's his schedule m-thursday. No school f-sunday

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm glad you're liking the Phosphatidic Acid XT & Pepti-Plex stack.

Your son is making awesome progress. I'd definitely love to see how he would do one some things like Anabolic Effect, Pepti-Plex, etc.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM!!!! Checking in and wishing everyone a belated Merry xmas and healthy new year.

I've been quietly getting in my workouts for the month of December. Getting in three to four workouts a week along with a 16/8 fast. Things are going good, ive lost 7lbs this month. Strength is low, but mind is strong 💪.

Feeling solid and positive, I have alot of work to do but feel my time is here.

I've been through hell and back in 2023, you name it and it's happened. Sometimes two or three times. Everyone is healthy, im home, and my feet are on the ground.

I've been lurking the forum the whole time but just haven't chimed in. You guys are all freaking killing it in each one of yalls individuals goals. I hope to be back with you guys in a month or two.

I hope to take advantage of the sales @sns8778 has for the new year.

Right now it's pwo, creatine, multi, food, and rest.

Wishing everyone a safe and productive new year 🇺🇲🙏🇺🇲

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im playing catch up here, i missed the part about your pups, im really sorry to hear that. I like animals a lot more then people. Im usually really bad at handeling a loss with any of my animals. I currently have 5 pets but one of my cats is 20 years old soon to be 21. Im long prepared for her passing but she keeps on kicking lol.

Any way, sorry dude. I know how tuff it can be to lose 1 yet alone 2. Hope the new year treats you well

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Morning AM!!!! Checking in and wishing everyone a belated Merry xmas and healthy new year.

I've been quietly getting in my workouts for the month of December. Getting in three to four workouts a week along with a 16/8 fast. Things are going good, ive lost 7lbs this month. Strength is low, but mind is strong 💪.

I've been through hell and back in 2023, you name it and it's happened. Sometimes two or three times. Everyone is healthy, im home, and my feet are on the ground.

I've been lurking the forum the whole time but just haven't chimed in. You guys are all freaking killing it in each one of yalls individuals goals. I hope to be back with you guys in a month or two.

Glad to see you back! 2024 is your year man sounds like you are on the right track!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome seeing you on here. Was about to hit up your thread to check on you the other day. Keep grinding man, you've got this!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im playing catch up here, i missed the part about your pups, im really sorry to hear that. I like animals a lot more then people. Im usually really bad at handeling a loss with any of my animals. I currently have 5 pets but one of my cats is 20 years old soon to be 21. Im long prepared for her passing but she keeps on kicking lol.

Any way, sorry dude. I know how tuff it can be to lose 1 yet alone 2. Hope the new year treats you well
I missed that part too. @BOSSMAN , I'm so sorry to hear about your loss there.

I'm with you @Smont in that I like animals more than most people, and I don't handle losses of them too well.

I lost both of my big dogs to cancer year before last. - one in April 2022 and then the other in July (Boxer mix and border collie mix.).

I have 2 little dogs now that are at least 16 and one of my big dogs is at least 11, which is fairly old for a boxer. Makes me so sad to think about them going away.

I have one younger dog, which is the dog that I had helped catch when he got loose and I had taken him back home and it was walking back to the office that my accident happened where I got ran over by the car crossing the street on the way back. A couple months later, he had gotten loose again and got hit by a car and hurt the same shoulder/leg that I did. They were going to give him away bc he kept getting loose so I took him. I was still walking with a cane, had only been out of the wheelchair for a couple weeks when I got him. They brought him to the office and the first thing he did was tackle me and send me flying haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thanks. I look forward to seeing what you decide to get and if you have any questions, I'm glad to help.

I hope you've had a great Christmas and wonderful New Year.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM, up and at it this morning splitting firewood. No training today, im very sore.

Hit chest and biceps Wednesday, shoulders and triceps Thursday, and legs with core yesterday 💪 definitely walking funny today.

Had a big accomplishment for myself yesterday. Last night was the first Friday I haven't had a drink in almost 2 years. Feeling froggy this morning .

Everyone have a safe productive Saturday 👍 🙏

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM, up and at it this morning splitting firewood. No training today, im very sore.

Hit chest and biceps Wednesday, shoulders and triceps Thursday, and legs with core yesterday definitely walking funny today.

Had a big accomplishment for myself yesterday. Last night was the first Friday I haven't had a drink in almost 2 years. Feeling froggy this morning .

Everyone have a safe productive Saturday
Enjoy the very active rest day! Congrats on not having a drink last night. That takes will power. Small steps brother!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM, so Saturday was the fire wood splitting festival 🙌

Sunday was side by side on trails all day before bringing in the new years
Screenshot_20240103_051125_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240103_051131_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240103_051139_Gallery.jpg

Monday was a rest day

Up and at it yesterday and today at 245am to train. Feeling pretty good, have to get off the extra calories from Sunday and Monday. Had some really good food.

Also I will share some pics from the holidays, just happy to be home and have the whole family together

Screenshot_20240103_051155_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240103_051109_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240103_051056_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240103_051835_Gallery.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

Have a safe and productive day ✨️ 🇺🇲💪✨️

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Morning AM, so Saturday was the fire wood splitting festival 🙌

Sunday was side by side on trails all day before bringing in the new years
View attachment 239201View attachment 239202View attachment 239203

Monday was a rest day

Up and at it yesterday and today at 245am to train. Feeling pretty good, have to get off the extra calories from Sunday and Monday. Had some really good food.

Also I will share some pics from the holidays, just happy to be home and have the whole family together

View attachment 239205View attachment 239206View attachment 239207View attachment 239209

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

Have a safe and productive day ✨️ 🇺🇲💪✨️
You and the family are looking good! Your oldest is getting thick! Glad you got to spend some holiday time with the family.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Love the family pics. Your son is getting huge!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM, up and at it this morning 245am workout.

10 minute treadmill Warmup
Back and biceps this morning
Core
Treadmill cool down

Nothing crazy but just trying to stay consistent.

Nutrition has to improve!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Morning AM, up and at it this morning 245am workout.

10 minute treadmill Warmup
Back and biceps this morning
Core
Treadmill cool down

Nothing crazy but just trying to stay consistent.

Nutrition has to improve!!!!

My nutrition normally picks up after I get back into full swing on training. I almost need the training structure to feed into my nutritional discipline when I get started to gain more momentum with my nutrition unless doing some sort of challenge or transformation thing.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My nutrition normally picks up after I get back into full swing on training. I almost need the training structure to feed into my nutritional discipline when I get started to gain more momentum with my nutrition unless doing some sort of challenge or transformation thing.
In all honesty, I'm struggling right now. Getting up at 245am is actually the easiest part. My strength is way down, have a nagging shoulder and shoulder exercises are my favorite and strongest. It bothers me on almost every exercise.

Mentally half way through my workouts I keep falling into a damp mindset. I want to be where I was last year at this time. It's all mental.

I know what I have to do, its just a mental struggle right now. As long as I keep getting up and getting in the garage it will all come together

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, just keep grinding and you will get there. I can imagine it is a hard adjustment every winter to try to regain some strength and have to become humble again when you can't meet your own expectations. Especially on a year when life just got in the way. I think the reason I had to be out so long this last time (like 2ish years) was I had been training through injuries for 2 years and just got so frustated when my leg and my shoulder were messing up because I couldn't push upper or lower body hard enough to find anything but frustration in the training. Training lost it's joy and became a source of stress instead of a source of stress relief, then when my Dad died during COVID. I fell into a deep depression. Finally, after some therapy to deal with the loss and how things happened, and a lot of self reflection, I could shed those lofty self expectations and come back being okay with whatever I was able to manage doing. Things just gradually built from there, and I haven't really stopped since, even through my shoulder surgery. I have had so much more success since my comeback than I thought I would ever happen again. We all just go through seasons. You are one hell of a strong man, so you will blast through these obstacles because that is who you are as a man.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, just keep grinding and you will get there. I can imagine it is a hard adjustment every winter to try to regain some strength and have to become humble again when you can't meet your own expectations. Especially on a year when life just got in the way. I think the reason I had to be out so long this last time (like 2ish years) was I had been training through injuries for 2 years and just got so frustated when my leg and my shoulder were messing up because I couldn't push upper or lower body hard enough to find anything but frustration in the training. Training lost it's joy and became a source of stress instead of a source of stress relief, then when my Dad died during COVID. I fell into a deep depression. Finally, after some therapy to deal with the loss and how things happened, and a lot of self reflection, I could shed those lofty self expectations and come back being okay with whatever I was able to manage doing. Things just gradually built from there, and I haven't really stopped since, even through my shoulder surgery. I have had so much more success since my comeback than I thought I would ever happen again. We all just go through seasons. You are one hell of a strong man, so you will blast through these obstacles because that is who you are as a man.
Thanks Kleen, you are doing the dam thing brother 💯

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In all honesty, I'm struggling right now. Getting up at 245am is actually the easiest part. My strength is way down, have a nagging shoulder and shoulder exercises are my favorite and strongest. It bothers me on almost every exercise.

Mentally half way through my workouts I keep falling into a damp mindset. I want to be where I was last year at this time. It's all mental.

I know what I have to do, its just a mental struggle right now. As long as I keep getting up and getting in the garage it will all come together
After the year you had. most would just cash it in and never care to workout again. The positive is you are conditioning yourself back into the lift life routine. Like Kleen said " Life just gets in the way sometimes"
Good thing it comes back twice as fast!
Keep trucking along brother, the focus and diet will come.

I was making great progress then all of a sudden over the last 2 months I had a sinus infection and then bronchitis and then a sore trough that lasted for 2 freak'in weeks. I tried to hit the gym trough it, I think it just made it worse. my workouts were crap and now that I'm finally over the sore trough. I don't have the energy and my strength is crap. I can even get trough my whole workout. It will come back! In Feb. I will stop eating what ever I want when ever I want. Mid Dec. - End of Jan is my diet enjoyment time each year. Nice thing, I have only put on about 6 lbs. and 1" on the waistline, I'm sure its all fat.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s a relief to know that all of us have some bumps in the road and life can kick our azz. We just have to get back to the grind when we can and keep on keeping on. I’m getting over COVID currently. Went to the gym yesterday and it was more productive than I thought it was going to be. I’ll be back in there tomorrow to see what I can do. Then next week I’ll be on a cruise. I’ll just carb up on the ship for the future workouts I’ll be having!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks everyone for following the drama, ya know ya can't just spill the beans everywhere you go. Here on AM you can!!!! Man I got stories to tell, 2023 was the craziest roller coaster Ive ever been on in my life! I've been through alot if ****, but I was young and dumb. 2023 was 85% self inflicted.

Everything is gonna be OK, that's it for now on. Everything is gonna be OK

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Realizing that most of what we went through during a rough period was on us is a good thing. It gives you something to reflect on, and you know you can make the changes needed because most of the issues are not actually outside of your control. I say good on you for recognizing this, and now you know how to make this year much better. I have no doubts this will be a better year for you!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning AM, haven't been training the last two weeks but I have been making better nutrition and life decisions. Things are just really hard right now. Getting hit from all angles on what seems to be a hourly basis at this point.

Definitely keeping a positive outlook in everything and just trying to roll with it. I'm at the point where I look at it like this. My feet are on the ground, for the most part my family is healthy, we are all happy, positive, beautiful, we haven't lost anything, we have food on the table.

My wife and daughter joined the local planet fitness and are killing it. Shocker to me because my wife was always kind of the person who never wanted to be seen while exercising. My daughter, she loves working out. It's a good combo because my daughter wants to go every day and keeps momma moving. Not that she needs to by any means, but I'm happy for them.

I do have a update pic from oldest son, he is crushing it. Tracking macros, sleeping, and pounding weights.
Screenshot_20240124_045910_Messages.jpg

I might go cliche and try to get my training back on a solid routine, let's say Feb 1. So let's not get it twisted, im still grinding my 12-14 hour shifts and moving. All I need is some consistency in training, drop 15 lbs and I'm back.

JUST GOTTA DO IT!!!

Everyone have a safe productive day ✊️ 🇺🇲 ✨️