LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice lower body workout! At least it's a little warmer for that workout then your previous one;)

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7am vaso/full blitz/sea salt/ 24ozh20
Ground rolling.. legs are smoked from yesterday

725am karbolyn/xtend elite sipping through whole workout
Back

Reverse close grip pulldown 12 10 8

Db incline rear flys 12 10 8

Barbell meadows row each arm 3x10

Wide lat pulldown 12 10 8

Romanian deads 8 8 8

Reverse pec dec 12 10 8

Behind back barbell shrugs 8 8 8

Good morning 10 10 10

812am workout complete
PANDORA Birdman
Garage TEMP 27

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workouts have been going great since bouncing back from 5 days of illness last week. Took of from training this morning, trained sat-mon. Will probably train this evening, it was only 21 degrees at 3am in the garage this morning.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BRRRRRR!!!!! Doesn't sound like a bad time to take off.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
230pm
Vaso/full blitz/sea salt/ 24oz h20

235pm
Ground rolling, legs are still smoked from previous leg workout

246 karbolyn/xtend elite sipping through whole workout

Chest
Db bench 12 10 8

Pec dec low seat 12 10 8

Db incline 12 10 8

Decline db flys 3x12

Decline press machine 12 10 8

Decline pushups 1xfailure

Flat bench db flys 3x12

Flat bench machine 12 10 8

Pushups 1xfailure

Hex press 1xfailure

335pm workout complete
PANDORA Future
Garage TEMP 33

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Afternoon workouts have been awesome!!!
You figure I'm 75% in on macros by the time I'm lifting compared to fasted with some karbolyn at 3am. Stamina and strength is totally different.

Adding the barbell and 300lbs of weights has helped also with new exercises. Still haven't landed a rack but it's coming.

Right now I've been doing 1 muscle group a day, but really getting in some good amounts of weight and reps. Spending about 50-60 minutes and its definitely leaving me sore for a day or so.

I'm trying to grown and get stronger, is this the routine that I should stick with? Or should I go to 2 muscle groups a day at per say 30 mins per muscle group? That way I could possibly hit each muscle group twice a week compared to know I'm only hitting them once.

Example of what I'm doing now

Saturday lower body
Sunday shoulders
Monday chest
Tuesday back
Wednesday arms

Thursday off

Then repeat, that's just how this week ended up. I usually like to do 3 days on 1 off.

If I switch to 2 groups a day, I can possibly get to each group twice a week.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks to @The Solution for always sending me samples of the new products before they hit the market.

This round we have fruit by the scoop. I've had all the fuel flavors up to this point, so I know what to expect. The flavors for all fuel are very delicious

So with this sample of fuel I decided to save for a day trip Ive had planned. I had to go for a 4 1/2 - 5 hour evening roundtrip to pick up my oldest son . Left around 230pm. I personally dont like driving more than an hour or so.

Mixed perfect, no floaties with a nice dark fluid. Again, taste is a 10. Took my time with the drink, maybe over a 15-20 time span. The ride there was great, a nice pick me up in the evening hours. Open minded and just a good way travel. Not going to say it had me in a focused state, but just refreshed and alert!!

Got back home around 7pm as planned. The original plan was to relax, but ended up going back out running the other two kids around.

So to sum it up, again Fuel has came through again. Doesn't always have to be a pwo as in this case a nice pick me up for what maybe 65-70 cent a serving. Compared to energy drinks or coffee that can range anywhere 2.50-5.00 on the go?

I'm thinking of jumping on the 2 tubs 60 servings for around 30$

Thanks Bob.
20200119_111908.jpg

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You excited for eighty:20 by buildfast to be released next Monday or what?!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think 2 body parts a day is a nice workout, or even a push, pull, lower, rinse and repeat. If you are doing all of your major pushing and or pulling in one session you don't have to do a ton of separate work for arms as they already got hit pretty decently from all of the heavier compound pushing and pulling movements. So one or 2 well planned exercises can finish them off big time exampl triceps overhead, and cross body extensions, and biceps, hammers and spider or barbell curls.

Another nice one which takes advantage of the stretching of the antagonistic muscle group is like chest and back, lower body and shoulders and arms. You tend to get some great pumps and stretch the opposing muscle. I like to do that with say a superset of flat bench, horizontal row, dips or decline bench superset with pull ups or pull downs. Biceps and Triceps work. If working the arms on a day like this you would do a bigger movement for them like close grip bench then some islations, and barbell curll and some other curls definitely include hammers or pinwheels. You can do either of those methods with a 3 on 1 off or any other rotation pretty much and hit the muscles multiple times a week. Just remember when hitting twice a week you want to spread the volume across the week, not double your volume. Which is also what allows you to do 2-3 body parts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I edited that a little after you read it so you may want to go back and reread. LOL

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think 2 body parts a day is a nice workout, or even a push, pull, lower, rinse and repeat. If you are doing all of your major pushing and or pulling in one session you don't have to do a ton of separate work for arms as they already got hit pretty decently from all of the heavier compound pushing and pulling movements. So one or 2 well planned exercises can finish them off big time exampl triceps overhead, and cross body extensions, and biceps, hammers and spider or barbell curls.

Another nice one which takes advantage of the stretching of the antagonistic muscle group is like chest and back, lower body and shoulders and arms. You tend to get some great pumps and stretch the opposing muscle. I like to do that with say a superset of flat bench, horizontal row, dips or decline bench superset with pull ups or pull downs. Biceps and Triceps work. You can do either of those methods with a 3 on 1 off or any other rotation pretty much and hit the muscles multiple times a week. Just remember when hitting twice a week you want to spread the volume across the week, not double your volume. Which is also what allows you to do 2-3 body parts.
I feel like I'm making some progress here now that I've been back in a good groove besides the 4 or 5 days I lost last week due to illness.

Feeling good exhausting the one muscle group the day of and the day after, but then I feel like its 5 or 6 days until I get back to that muscle group again .

So I'm gonna finish out this month with this routine, really pushing the weight but stay at a 12 10 8 rep.

Then by February I can switch it up to the 3 days on 1 day off 2 muscle group a day routine to see which is bringing better results.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel like I'm making some progress here now that I've been back in a good groove besides the 4 or 5 days I lost last week due to illness.

Feeling good exhausting the one muscle group the day of and the day after, but then I feel like its 5 or 6 days until I get back to that muscle group again .

So I'm gonna finish out this month with this routine, really pushing the weight but stay at a 12 10 8 rep.

Then by February I can switch it up to the 3 days on 1 day off 2 muscle group a day routine to see which is bringing better results.
I think it has been proven that higher frequency will be the way but it is managing the volume and intensity within that frequency that gets challenging. If you are used to 15-20 sets in a day for a body part then 10 is going to feel like you left something in the tank. However that is required if you want to lift it again in 3-4 days. You can also be a bit more intense when doing those 10 when you know it is only 10... make sense.

In the end it pretty much all works so long as you recover and continue with the progressive overload.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with the arms routine. Today I have Triceps/biceps. Biceps always feel and look pumped. I like to hit the triceps all around to really fill out and have a complete looking arm. Although I'm excited for my arm day this evening, it's not normal for me to devote a day to both bis/tris. Usually I try to do exactly like you mentioned above with biceps, throw in a solid exercise or 2 in here and there. But I always like to blast the triceps.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
230pm vaso/full blitz/ sea salt/ 24oz h20

Ground rolling

248 karbolyn/ xtend elite sipping through whole workout

Arms

Barbell reverse curl close grip 3x12

Overhead extension 3x12

Incline bench db curls 12 10 8

Skull crusher 3x12

Ez bar curls wide grip 3x12

Tricep pushdown 3x12

Seated preacher curls cable 12 10 8

Bench dips bodyweight failure x1

Barbell 21sx1

330pm workout complete
PANDORA waka flakka
Garage TEMP 38

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another fun way is to get in some good biceps work after the push/chest session, and then good triceps work after a back session. That doubles frequency right there because again biceps and triceps are already getting heavy work on compound days. Since chest is not a large group I like to do chest with shoulder pressing, and then back back by itself because horizontal and vertical pulling is a lot and you want to do more of that than pressing anyway to keep a good balance. Which is why shoulder and arm day works because you can do some serious triple sets of raises /biceps / triceps if you choose to do them on their own day to get some nice volume. Shoulders LOVE volume, and raises and rear delt work are perfect while doing your pressing with chest limits the injury prone lift volume due to being after chest. That and the EMG readings on front delts from shoulder press and 45 degree bench are almost identical. So you can do that or a nice 65 degree DB bench to get the clavicular innervation of the pec involved and kill two birds with one stone.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20200122_165430.jpg
boneless chicken, shrimp, and cabbage broccoli carrots stir fry
20200122_165441.jpg

20200122_165453.jpg
drizzle siracha!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That reminds me it is time for a meal!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can I have left overs? That looks good!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally if you trained 4-5x a week, lowered the volume and upped your intensity I bet your results would skyrocket.
Its not always about doing more. its about doing it properly, giving the body proper rest, and making sure your form and range of motion are option.
Granted we have never seen how you train, videos, or your top sets. But I can 100% Tell you with coaching dozens of people on a week to week basis the biggest fallback to people is thinking "More is better" when it comes to volume, sets, and reps.

Most people could cut their working sets in half and find their progress sky rocket, if you are performing with proper form, getting a proper mind muscle connection, and stretching the muscle into a full range of motion

a simple upper/lower or a push pull legs 4-5x a week would be all you need.
Rinse/Repat and make the gains, just keep the nutrition in check.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Personally if you trained 4-5x a week, lowered the volume and upped your intensity I bet your results would skyrocket.
Its not always about doing more. its about doing it properly, giving the body proper rest, and making sure your form and range of motion are option.
Granted we have never seen how you train, videos, or your top sets. But I can 100% Tell you with coaching dozens of people on a week to week basis the biggest fallback to people is thinking "More is better" when it comes to volume, sets, and reps.

Most people could cut their working sets in half and find their progress sky rocket, if you are performing with proper form, getting a proper mind muscle connection, and stretching the muscle into a full range of motion

a simple upper/lower or a push pull legs 4-5x a week would be all you need.
Rinse/Repat and make the gains, just keep the nutrition in check.
Exactly this ^^^.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Feeling great fellas, got to sleep in today and had safety refreshers all day. No training today.
Lower body tomorrow

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
320am vaso/full blitz/sea salt/24oz h20

Ground rolling

336am karbolyn/ xtend elite sipping through whole workout

Lower body

Good morning 12 10 8

1 leg reverse curl 12 10 8 each

Leg extensions 12 10 8

Romanian deads 12 10 8

Goblet squats 12 10 8

Hip thrusts 3x10

Machine squats 12 10 8

415am core
424am heavy bag
432am workout complete
PANDORA Killswitch
Garage TEMP 38

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
518am vaso/full blitz/sea salt/24 oz h20

Ground rolling

532 karbolyn/ xtend elite sipping through whole workout

Back/ tricep

Reverse close grip pulldown 12 10 10

Tricep pushdown 12 10 10

1 arm db row 12 10 10 each arm

Overhead extensions 12 12 12

Wide lat pulldown 12 10 8

Skull crusher 12 12 12

Reverse pec dec 12 12 12

1 arm kick backs 12 12 12 each arm

Reverse incline db rows both arms 3x12

Bench dips bodyweight 1xfailure

612am core
619 workout complete
PANDORA Killswitch
Garage TEMP 39

So played around with the 2 muscle groups this morning. I would call it a success. Got in 5 back exercises, and 5 tricep exercises. Still in an amount of time I can get it done during the work week at 3 am if I need to.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Almost 30 sets. You could prob cut that into 16-20 tops with 2 muscle groups and get a lot more bang for your buck . You also seem to train in nothing but the 10-12 range for the most part. Now that you have free weights are you ever going to utilize reps of 3-5-6 or lower reps? There should always be a mix of power and hypertrophy for best results and activating type I and type II muscle fibers. Seems like you enjoy to stick to a higher rep range and with a higher volume approach.

You should get some training videos and post them, see how your form is, see how close you train to failure, and how hard you are pushing yourself. You would be surprised (not trying to talk to you down) how there can be a lot of adjustments made to improve your lifting. I do it on a daily basis when I train and still find things that stick out to me that I can alter and tweak to improve my form, range of motion, and execution of the reps.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Almost 30 sets. You could prob cut that into 16-20 tops with 2 muscle groups and get a lot more bang for your buck . You also seem to train in nothing but the 10-12 range for the most part. Now that you have free weights are you ever going to utilize reps of 3-5-6 or lower reps? There should always be a mix of power and hypertrophy for best results and activating type I and type II muscle fibers. Seems like you enjoy to stick to a higher rep range and with a higher volume approach.

You should get some training videos and post them, see how your form is, see how close you train to failure, and how hard you are pushing yourself. You would be surprised (not trying to talk to you down) how there can be a lot of adjustments made to improve your lifting. I do it on a daily basis when I train and still find things that stick out to me that I can alter and tweak to improve my form, range of motion, and execution of the reps.
All good info as usual. Still working in a rack, so imagine not having a rack with a barbell and free weights ....its a challenge. But it's coming, maybe today (the rack).

Biggest dbs are 60lbs in which I can toss around on all exercises, so that's an issue also and probably explains the reasoning behind my reps. Now with my machine yes I can push/pull to failure. Max weight on that is 200lbs.

Working with what I have at the moment, ince I get my rack I should be able to change up dramatically. But even then I will be solo. We will work it out.

Thanks for the Info

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My old set up I had a power rack and I would put the safety bars about 1/2 inch from my chest when doing bench and I would go to failure on last set then unrack the weights. With squatting it's harder cause I don't want to drop the weights and break the safety bars. ha

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took the day off from training yesterday
20200127_054332.jpg

20200127_054309.jpg
20200127_054255.jpg
20200127_054243.jpg
20200127_054233.jpg
I made this turkey chili yesterday. This pot was off the hook and have enough left over for the week. Very very tasty, Its the recipe from Panera.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice! How much did that run you? I need to get me something like that. I don't really have a ton of space in my basement where I workout, but I think it needs to be on the list of equipment to purchase this year.
It is on sale right now for 199$, then they blast you with 49.99$ shipping cause of the weight. It looks like it's an online only item. So, I had 15$ rewards and a 20$ off 100 coupon. Grand total 215$ shipped!! Couldnt pass it up.

Room is an issue for me also, this had great reviews. Doesnt wobble and doesn't take up alot of space either

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Nice! I got this one for 99.99 and it works pretty well. Only pain is you have to unscrew the pins each time you want to raise the stands.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
233pm vaso/full blitz/sea salt/24oz h20

Ground rolling

247pm karbolyn/ xtend elite sipping through whole workout

Chest/biceps

Db incline 12 12 8

Db incline flys 12 12 12

Ez bar curls 12 12 10

Seated preacher curls cable 12 12 10

Db bench 12 10 8

Db bench flys 12 12 12

Db hammer curls 10 10 10

Pec dec 12 10 8

Standing preacher curls cable 12 10 8

Decline bench machine 12 10 8

Close grip 21s x1

333 workout complete
PANDORA Killswitch
Garage TEMP 43

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All good info as usual. Still working in a rack, so imagine not having a rack with a barbell and free weights ....its a challenge. But it's coming, maybe today (the rack).

Biggest dbs are 60lbs in which I can toss around on all exercises, so that's an issue also and probably explains the reasoning behind my reps. Now with my machine yes I can push/pull to failure. Max weight on that is 200lbs.

Working with what I have at the moment, ince I get my rack I should be able to change up dramatically. But even then I will be solo. We will work it out.

Thanks for the Info
Once you learn your body you will be able to tell when you are getting ready to fail. Also when training alone you should kind of practice your bail out options. Helps with confidence, knowing how to get out from under a squat bar if you have to pin it on the safety. Sometimes it is better to lower it and put it down than to fight it up and loose form. Knowing how to dump a barbell safely if you get stuck on the bench is also important if training alone and intensely. However you should be going to 1 rep shy of form failure which means you shouldn't get caught under things very often. DB's and Machines are great for failure but Barbell work not so much.

Getting to the last one you feel like you can do with good form will get you to the level of intensity you are trying to get to when going intense. Once you can not do something in proper form the set is over. Only time that shouldn't be the case is when you intend to go to partials to extend the set BUT then the partials must be in good form.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Ground rolling

333am karbolyn/xtend elite sipping through whole workout

Shoulders

Javelin press barbell 8 8 8

Barbell push press 12 10 8

Seated db shoulder press 12 10 8

Barbell close grip upright row 12 10 8

Seated bent over delt fly 12 10 8

Military press machine 12 10 8

Db shrugs front/side/rear 1 set eachx20

Upright row cable wide grip 12 10 8

Single db front raise 12 10 8

421am situps/heavy bag

430am workout complete
PANDORA Killswitch
Garage TEMP 33

Left it all in the garage this morning!!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^ Almost below freezing in the garage!;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Killing it!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Ground rolling

333am karbolyn/xtend elite sipping through whole workout

Shoulders

Javelin press barbell 8 8 8

Barbell push press 12 10 8

Seated db shoulder press 12 10 8

Barbell close grip upright row 12 10 8

Seated bent over delt fly 12 10 8

Military press machine 12 10 8

Db shrugs front/side/rear 1 set eachx20

Upright row cable wide grip 12 10 8

Single db front raise 12 10 8

421am situps/heavy bag

430am workout complete
PANDORA Killswitch
Garage TEMP 33

Left it all in the garage this morning!!!!
Your going to end up with a set of bowling ball Delts if your not careful! LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back in the day when I was on a state paid vacation, they called me Boulder Shoulders
I can think of worse nicknames.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took the morning off from training this morning. Will be doing lower body this evening at 230pm. I made it into the schedule I wanted this week. I got in chest/biceps, back/Triceps, shoulders, lower body today, so that will allow me options. I can take a day off and jump right back into this same routine while hitting muscle groups twice a week. This is were I wanted to be .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! I like that workout split. Right now i'm doing a 5 day on and 1 day off routine.
chest --> biceps/triceps --> back --> shoulders/forearms --> legs --> rest day --> repeat

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some how I unsub from this thread and way behind ??