I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
god I love your updates....lol

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
No measureable strength increases so far this week, but EVERY set in every workout has felt easier!:cool:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 24:

weight: 180.0lbs- up 0.8lbs
leg: 23 3/8''- up 1/8''
arm: 15 3/8''- no change
hips: 40 5/16''- up 1/8''
waist: 34 13/16''- up 1/8''

I just have to smile! I just HAVE to smile:D ! Somehow it never gets old to step on the scale first thing saturday and have it show an increase. Then have the tape give the same indication:dance:.
Although the first 3 workouts were easier than the last time I did them 2 weeks ago, the last 2 (legs and bi's/abs) were just the same. So, there's been no strength gains at all this week. Strength gains don't seem to be too forthcoming at the moment:blink: .

No measureable gain on the arms this week, despite the weight gain. I know this is normal ;), but I'm just itching to get to 16'' so I can stare down 17'' and let it know I'm on my way :twisted:. I made a nice gain on the thigh. You can see why I was a good rugby player; I'm 'bottom heavy' with a low centre (UK spelling!) of gravity, so for a small guy I was tough to knock down.

No problems diet-wise. I got all my meals in on time, but I'm still struggling to eat as fast as I used to:think: . The meals are really filling me up of late. Friday pre w.o is the worst- chicken and cheese first thing is tough:eek: . Saturday morning results are good for this too as I think a good week definitely lets all of us know why we do what we do.

I feel as though I'm cruising at the minute. Workouts are going well and diet is going well. All is well:) .

If you guys are like me, you probably spend a fair amount of time thinking/daydreaming about what it'd be like having gained or lost that next lb, 10lbs, 30lbs :)D)! So naturally, last week I was thinking about what it'd be like to break into the 180's. I can honestly say the act of doing so beats the anticipation any day :thumbsup:! Very few things IMO can elicit that type of response.

I feel as tough I'm committing some type of crime; send Bobo $50 and get the BEST training and nutritional program in return ;) - tantamount to flying to Florida and stealing his wallet or something. Except doing it this way means I don't get clotheslined by a great big 22'' shaved and tanned arm for my trouble :lol: ! Actually, that thought is the only thing that keeps me from flying to Florida, with 'felony on the brain' after I've been through leg day. I don't want a severe case of DOMS and a broken nose!:rofl:

Week 25 starts tomorrow!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Had a meeting at work first thing today so pre w.o was meal no. 2 instead of first. It also overran a little so I had it 3hrs and 9mins after my first meal:mad:. My boss commented I had shoulders that sloped 'like a coat hanger' and a 'weightlifters neck' :wtf: . A compliment is a compliment I suppose! At least I think it was a compliment.

I must admit when I got to the gym today, I was v.happy with the reflection in the mirror! If I start looking any 'thicker', I'm going to constantly walk sideways to show off :cool:! I'd post pics but SOME of you might get jealous :icon_lol: .

(j/k, please don't ban me! You are the greatest :box: )

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Pretty standard legs workout today, except for front squats. The Smith machine was occupied so I decided to use the free bar! Very hardcore:cool: !

To tell you the truth, they felt lighter than with the Smith machine but I did have an unexpected 'wobble' when I walked over to fill up my water bottle! It also put more of a strain on the front delts and I've got the marks to prove it! Getting into the 'start' position was also a little tough as I couldn't really see where I was placing my feet.

Verdict: I don't think I'll replace the Smith machine with the free bar, but it's a good alternative if circumstances call for it. However, I would suggest giving it a go for a set or 2 to see what you all think.:)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 25:

weight: 180.6lbs- up 0.6lbs
leg: 23 7/16'' and a bit- up 1/16 and a bit''
arm: 15 7/16''- up 1/16''
hips: 40 5/16''- no change
waist: 34 15/16''- up 1/8''

Another 0.6lbs:hammer: . I was thinking this week I was going to use the phrase 'all is quiet on the western front' or some other suitable analogy, but I can't. Thanks Bobo . No really, thanks:D. I CAN say that this program is like a box of chocolates....aaaaand you all know the rest;) .

Workouts went well, but there were no strength gains this week. However, a few exercises felt easier:cool: . Might translate into strength gains next week.

Leg measurement is up. I may have measured 23.5'' but I was still a little sleepy so I'm not sure. It was definitely over 23 7/16'' though:twisted: . I'll take this into account for next week's measurements. It's all downhill towards 24'' now!

Arm measurement is up:woohoo: . About 2hrs after the bi workout y'day, I carried home about 20lbs of c.cheese. I thought this might 'waste away' any potential gains this week so I seriously thought about leaving the shop until today, after taking measurements:lol: .

(Don't you just love the look you get at the checkout when you go shopping!? 20lbs c.cheese here, gallons of milk there. WIERDO!! :blink: I don't know what it is about the weightlifting mentality and hoarding. You know what I mean. I KNOW I'm not the only one with a month's supply of chicken;) ! There's something quite satisfying about having a stash, even if it's a stash of canned chicken!

**Turns round, walks back down Random Tangent Road and back onto Normality Lane** :rofl:

Waist is up but there's no change to ab definition, so it's all good. The tape feels tight in the lower back, which is a good sign too:thumbsup: .

Looking forward to next week. I'm off to buy a couple hundred eggs in a little while!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
3 of the 5 weekly workouts completed. Strength has gone up a little in each workout and many of the sets in which I didn't increase the weight felt lighter :)!

A quick question for you Bobo:

Is it ok to replace 'large' eggs that I currently eat with 'medium' size eggs? I don't know the calorie difference as the boxes give the numbers per 100g, rather than per egg, so they're both the same.

Thanks.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I'm sure thare aren't the same so you probably will have to add an extra egg in there.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 26:

weight: 181.4lbs- up 0.8lbs
leg: 23 5/8''- up 1/8 and a bit''
arm: 15 7/16''- no change
hips: 40 7/16''- up 1/8''
waist: 34 15/16''- no change

Another weight increase:yawn:. It's becoming the norm now! Every week I think 'okay, weight'll be the same today, then BOOYAKASHA! It's up! At the start of the program, I was putting on about 2lbs every 5 weeks or so, non-consecutively, now every saturday is like winning the lottery :dance: . I think Bobo needs to check his instrumentation. His latest batch of Bobosterone seems to be a little strong!:D

As said before, strength gains have been pretty good earlier this week:) . Leg day also saw some strength gains and 'lighter feeling' sets. I must say that my legs have been killing me these past few days and I'm still sore as I write this:eek: ! With lunges, I usually go so that my lead leg is parallel with the floor but, this week I made sure my trailing knee toutched the floor (don't really know why). Let's just say I'm glad I'm sitting on a cushion;) !

Bi's y'day saw no increase in strength and no increase in measurement with the tape. I might try 'site-specific' Bobosterone use; 1 cup c.cheese massaged into biceps before bedtime. Worth a go I think :rolleyes:.

Diet-wise, I must admit that a few meals have run a couple of mins past the 3hr mark this week. But I got all the meals in and for some reason, I'm starting to feel alot less full recently.

I must say I'm a little apprehensive! There isn't a large amount of data on prolonged Bobosterone use. I did a Google search and the results weren't encouraging:( ! There is only one person (apart from Bobo) who has used Bobosterone for long periods of time...................

.....Chuck Norris. Apparantly, Chuck was used in the original clinical trial to test the lethal cycle length of Bobosterone. He failed to die. Instead, he became the man he is today, with side effects including his chiseled good looks and unparalleled round-house kick ability.

In all honesty, I would welcome a side effect like unparalleled roundhouse kick ability, it's the perma-beard I'd have a problem with.:icon_lol:

I start a cautious and tentative week 27 tomorrow! (Unless I've been 'Chuckminated' before then:ntome: )

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
26 weeks! Thanks half a year! Congrats!

BY THE WAY..

WE WANT PICS! :)

c'mon everyone...

WE WANT PICS
WE WANT PICS
WE WANT PICS
L

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
26 weeks! Thanks half a year! Congrats!

BY THE WAY..

WE WANT PICS! :)

c'mon everyone...

WE WANT PICS
WE WANT PICS
WE WANT PICS
L
Wow, I didn't even realise it was half a year! It's gone by quickly. About the pics, I don't have a digital camera! I don't even have a camera phone:eek:! I'm definitely proud of my gains so I DO want to get pics up at some point. I'll look into borrowing a camera.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, I didn't even realise it was half a year! It's gone by quickly. About the pics, I don't have a digital camera! I don't even have a camera phone:eek:! I'm definitely proud of my gains so I DO want to get pics up at some point. I'll look into borrowing a camera.
Bro, get that camera FAST. :) Gotta see your gains!:woohoo:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Oooh now I'm nervous! Everyone's 'staring' at me, lol :run: . I'm gonna have to shave and spend a few hours in the tanning salon!

Anyway, quick update: Workouts have been pretty good this week. I felt a little mentally detached today during my tri and abs workout for some reason, but my tri press was up 5lbs;)! That's the only strength gain so far this week.

I also gave a personal trainer at my gym my Bobosterone hookup today. Don't know if he'll follow up on it even though he was impressed with my gains. Perhaps a little less so with my overall physique:blink: . I can't wait 'til I'm 200+ lbs; I can hold people at gunpoint and make them sign up. (By gunpoint I obviously mean at arm's length :D...arms...guns:D !).

I'll get a t-shirt made up too and put something on it. What do you all think:

1. Got FLA?
2. I do it the FLA way!
3. I got FLA'd!

:lol:

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oooh now I'm nervous! Everyone's 'staring' at me, lol :run: . I'm gonna have to shave and spend a few hours in the tanning salon!

Anyway, quick update: Workouts have been pretty good this week. I felt a little mentally detached today during my tri and abs workout for some reason, but my tri press was up 5lbs;)! That's the only strength gain so far this week.

I also gave a personal trainer at my gym my Bobosterone hookup today. Don't know if he'll follow up on it even though he was impressed with my gains. Perhaps a little less so with my overall physique:blink: . I can't wait 'til I'm 200+ lbs; I can hold people at gunpoint and make them sign up. (By gunpoint I obviously mean at arm's length :D...arms...guns:D !).

I'll get a t-shirt made up too and put something on it. What do you all think:

1. Got FLA?
2. I do it the FLA way!
3. I got FLA'd!

:lol:
How bout...

"To FLA or not to FLA, that is...nah, **** it, there is no question, FLA IS the way to your goals." :run:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 27:

weight: 181.4lbs- no change
leg: 23 5/8''- no change
hips: 40 7/16''- no change

No changes this week. My weight gain 'run' has come to an end. (Or just stopped for a breather;) ). 3 straight weeks with gains; that's the biggest run I've experienced so far:) .

Along with a weight increase with my tri press, I also saw weight increases on leg day, with a 5lb increase on leg extentions and front squats. So, LBM is up despite what the scale says:cool: .

Diet has been 100% this week. Meals are continually becoming easier to get down (again). Although I still have to split up the tuna meal into 2. I've NEVER done it any other way! It tastes about as good as :nutkick:!

Mirror-wise, things are coming along nicely. Recently, traps are looking bigger and I seem to get a nice crease down the middle of my pecs when flexed. Not that I spend alot of time in the mirror flexing:rolleyes: .

I've come to the realisation that Bobosterone is not what it seems. It is, in fact, Ambrosia- food of the Gods. Thanks Zeus!:box:

Looking forward to week 28 (a little less so of lunges on thursday).

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 28:

So, no changes again this week but it's been quite eventful (relatively speaking).

On wednesday I was abruptly awoken by a wannabe DJ in the apartment above mine:mad: . I like Faithless as much as the next guy, but not after 5hrs of sleep! I felt like going 'Matrix style' on him:twisted: but I was too concerned with trying to get back to sleep.

Needless to say I wasn't too successful at getting back to sleep but I held on for another 2hrs. 'Technically', I'd woken up so I should have had my first meal; It's kinda like I had my first meal 2hrs after waking:eek: .

However, my impending tri workout went quite well (better than expected), and a few sets did feel 'easier' than last time round. So all wasn't lost:) .

THEN, I woke up on thursday morning and felt a little under the weather. NOT GOOD when leg a leg workout is less than an hour away:rant: ! I drunk as much water as I could and got on with the task in hand, but felt like I had to battle a little harder than last time to match last 'week 2' workout numbers. I also felt my brain 'rattle' when I set the bar down a little too hard after a set of squats:blink: . I spent a long time in the shower because I just didn't feel like moving. I could have done with a hug but thought better of it considering the potential 'huggers' in the vicinity:lol: . Although the female changing rooms were just a wall away:rolleyes: .

I got a little nap later that day, drunk a few reservoirs dry and felt alot better. Subsequent, bi and delt workout on fri was standard; I seemed fully recovered. No idea what was up with me:think: ! I just had a headache, 'foggy' brain and stiffness. Dehydration, perhaps but I hadn't slacked off my water drinking. Cardinal sin if it was dehydration:run:

I might have made gains this week had it not been for these incidents, who knows. But strength-wise, it wasn't a total loss as I made some small gains on back day aswell as the 'easier' tri workout;) .

I would also like to say I think the Bible needs to be re-translated; God didn't bestow childbirth on humans for eating from the Tree of Knowledge, he bestowed upon us the punishment of glutes!!! Damn lunges!!!:D

In good news, I finally got my hols from work sorted. 3 weeks starting from the 27th:woohoo: ! I have to take them before the end of the tax year. I get to spend all my time eating, sleeping, working out and growing! Plus kicking ass on the PS2 and kicking ass old skool style on Mario Kart on the N64. Living the dream!:dance:

First though, gotta get week 29 out of the way, which starts with my favourite workout, 'week 1' chest workout:hammer: .

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Update on the weeks events:

Chest day was standard on sunday. Solid, but no increase in strength:) .

Back day was kinda mixed; Over the 3 sets of seated close grip rows, I dropped the weight 20lbs whereas last time round I only dropped it 10lbs:blink: . The sets felt alot better and I put the weight up in a few proceeding exercises, so it wasn't all bad:) . Not sure why I 'felt' as though I needed to drop the weight on rows:think: .

Tri's today was another solid workout although I was put off a little. I was coming to the end of set 2 of skull crushers, when I heard a voice say ''Can you help me with this?''. Needless to say I was rather annoyed:mad: . I finished my set, got up and expected to have a few words with the individual :)aargh:), but was I definitely shocked. Stood before me was a vision of feminine gorgeousness, clad in skin tight attire that showed off every jaw dropping curve:jaw: . I felt wierd. Like angry and turned on at the same time:confused: ! If I could've bottled that feeling, I would be a very rich man;) .

Anyway, she wanted me to take the bar off the decline bench so she could do sit ups. The weight on the bar came to 130lbs and the only way to take it off was to upright row it:eek: . I paused for a while, asessing the situation. NO WAY was I going to take some weight of the bar and look like a complete tool. So I got into macho mode and 'beasted' it, trying to look as comfortable as possible:cool: . My third set of skullcrushers was a little off because my rest was interrupted and brain was otherwise engaged, but the smile I got for a job well done was soooooooo worth it!:D

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyway, she wanted me to take the bar off the decline bench so she could do sit ups. :D
Well, if you would have racked it when you were finished with it to begin with she would not :) have had to ask ya! :) :run: :)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
I might do it on purpose next time so a good looking girl HAS to talk to me, lol:cool: .

FANTASTIC leg day today! Squats up 5lbs:D , front squats up 5lbs:D and leg extentions felt light so I'm gonna put them up next time:D . Leg press and hack squats were solid but no strength increase with those:) .

But it wasn't without its problems; I forgot my powerade! Finished first set of squats, reached for the drink.....and it wasn't there:aargh: . I was 2 sets into leg presses when I realised I had my wallet so I dashed upstairs to the bar area (yes we have a bar:wtf: ) and bought a Lucozade. Not quite the same but a good sub in a pinch and better than nothing. In the end not too much harm (if any) was done:thumbsup: .

Bobo, I have a question:

Considering I'm off work from next week and I'll be burning alot less calories, would it be ok If I started using the diet previous to this one to start next week? (At least in the first instance).

Thanks

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 29:

No changes measured this week. It's been a pretty good week though. Strength-wise, I've made some good advances and, aswell as the ones made above, I made some good gains during my bi, delt and calf workout y'day.

Arnolds were up a collective 9lbs (4kg):D ! I've been waiting some time to make that increase, but with 9lbs the smallest increase that I can make at my gym (past 20lb db's), I knew I had to be sure. Obviously I'd been progressing little by little, set gets easier....stick on the same weight next time...easy 8 reps this time round....stick with the weight when I have 10 reps allocated, etc. 'Taking little bites'.:hammer:

The eternal struggle against my arch enemy Bicepo and his 'arm-y'......** pauses for collective groan from fellow FLAites**;) .....took a turn in my direction as I stayed on the same weight for all 3 sets of hammer curls instead of dropping the weight:) . I'm definitely putting them up next time as I can use those little chrome weights the ladies tend to use as they go up in smaller increments upto 20lbs:cool:. The looks I get using thos are almost as priceless as the ones I get at the checkout:blink: .

Bi curl felt easier and I've been languishing on 26lb db's for a while :)mad:) but I got all three sets out with that weight y'day:) . I think 9lbs is still too much of an increase at the mo, so I don't know if i'll increase the weight yet. I'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

Diet has been 100% so no problems there this week. Not much change in the mirror recently but I'm still always pleasantly surprised.;)

And now I'm on holiday!!:woohoo: . Technically not 'til monday, but tomayto, tomarto. it's all the same. (With my accent I actually say ''tomaah'o'' but there you go:hammer: ). I'll probably make a large increase next week, with not burning as many cals, glycogen, sub-q water etc, but I can't compare this week to the last time I had time off. Que sera I suppose.

Semaine numero trente commence a dimanche. (sp?);)

Woche dreizig um sontag beginnt. (sp?);)

Yes, I know a little sum'n sum'n;) (I think:think: .)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 30:

weight: 184.6lbs- up 3.2lbs

leg: 24 3/16''- up 9/16''
arm: 15 5/8''- up 3/16''
hips: 40 3/4''- up 5/16''

waist: 35 3/16''- up 4/16''

Ahh, holidays are the best:dance: . Well, second best behind Bobo's program:box: .

**Goes to the front of the class and puts an e-apple on Bobo's e-desk. On way back, King Nothing trys to trip him up for being a geek. Rest of class laughs.**

(sorry King, I needed a name!:p )

I thought I'd see some big gains this week, due to my lack of calories burnt.....and there you go. I'm very happy with this week's results, not just because of the size but because I think they are good quality gains:D . I'm using the last time I took some time from work as a comparison (week 5!). Let me explain:

WEEK 5: I put on 5 lbs:blink: , on a starting weight of 167.2lbs. That was 2.99% of the original weight. I also put on a 1/2'' on my waist (where I keep most of my fat).

THIS WEEK: I put on 3.2 lbs, on a starting weight of 181.4lbs. This is 1.76% of the original weight and I only put on a 1/4'' on my waist. Collectively, I also put ALOT more size on my arm and leg:head: !

If Sherlock Holmes, Jessica Fletcher and Columbo put their heads together, they would deduce that in both instances I put on muscle and my glycogen stores were filled, but in week 5, I gained much more sub-q water. Dropping down to the previous diet for the start of my hols was a good idea;) !

In terms of the workouts, they went pretty well this week. Strength-wise, I didn't see anything until leg day, when my leg extentions went up 5lbs:) . Y'day, I also increased my incline bench curls by a collective 9lbs. I only managed 9 instead of the 10 scheduled reps, but I'll get all 10 next time;) . My bi's are sore for the first time in ages! I also dropped my Arnolds a little, because I've only recently made a gain there and I had to get out 10 reps instead of 8 this time round.

Mirror-wise...what can I say. It's all fandiddlytastic:cool: ! I look much bigger from head to toe, but I've had minimal water gains so I still look (pretty) lean. From the front, my bi's look like tennis balls when flexed (oh yeah!) and judging from my lats, I could jump off the Empire State building and glide to safety:lol:.

If I was to be ultra-critical, I'd have to say something about the bi's. A 3/16'' increase, when my leg increased 3x that:eek: ! But 3/16'' is 3/16'' none the less.

Obviously, this week is the exception rather than the rule. I have another 2 weeks off so, for now, the exception IS the rule. I'm just going to enjoy my workouts (and the growing!) and see how it pans out. Looking forward to week 31!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, a quick update. Y'day I didn't quite get as much water in as usual. It was still 2+ gallons, but not as much as usual and intake wasn't as regular:( . Last few meals y'day were also squeezed a bit close together:eek: .

So today, my tri and abs workout wasn't too great:mad: . Probably psychological more than anything. Hard to explain what I mean but because I can't, you all know what I mean;) ! But boy, was the mirror being friendly after my workout! I looked great (if I do say so myself):D! Not sure why but I wasn't too concerned.

And now onto some other good news. The reason my meal timing/water uptake was a little higgledy piggledy yesterday was because I got a new mobile:) (cell to you guys) and I was trying to get to grips with it. AND it has a decent camera in it, so once I convince a friend to take some semi-nude pics of me and figure out how to get them on here, I will:p !

After IntensePump asked for them, I knew I'd have to get pics up sooner or later. I mean, who am I to refuse a request and sour transatlantic relations;) ?

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
I
FEEL
SO
SKINNY!

.....and fat.....I feel 'skat'!
MIRROR :nutkick:ME. Ever have one of those days?:sad: I don't know how I could go from feeling like I look great on wed to having an acute case of 'bigorexia' and a great big jelly belly:(.

I'm soooo glad Bobo got rid of that old avatar, because seeing that might have been the final straw. I would have committed 'cookie-cide' or something :eek:. And when I go and have a poke around in the general chat forum, I'm staying away from every thread that glenihan dude has posted in, lol.

On a better note, my leg extentions were up 5lbs y'day and leg day overall was killer! I got that 'fuzzy brain' feeling! Great :D! And today my bi curls were up 9lbs and hammer curls were up 5lbs. AND my work volume on Arnold presses was up too. So it aint all bad ;)!

We shall see what tomorrow's measurements bring!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 31:

weight: 186.4lbs- up 1.8lbs
leg: 24 1/4''- up 1/16''
arm: 15 5/8''- no change
hips: 40 15/16''- up 3/16''
waist: 35 1/2''- up 5/16''

Pretty decent week of gains:) . I made some good strength gains this week, which I thought might translate into some big(ger) measurement increases but no joy. Maybe they're delayed or something. Nothing runs on time in England, lol.

But if strength is up, LBM is up so what the hey! Maybe my muscles are more dense? If that can happen:think: . I probably should take more measurements but I've practiced and I'm just not consistent. I'll just assume they're up. It's a pretty safe bet they are:thumbsup: .

My 'fat' bits are up too. Waist and hips. I reckon there's muscle growth :) (glutes, uppet thighs lower back, obliques, etc), but I think I've also gained a bit more water, perhaps a little fat:eek: ? Undersandable, since I'm on my hols.

There's been a small drop in my definition round the ab area; small but noticeable :)burger: ). Once I get back to work, alot of this'll come away, but they might be an overall drop in definition associated with these 3 weeks. The only time I saw another drop in definition during the whole program was the last time I took some hols (weeks 5&6), so I knew what to expect. Although this time round, Im faring alot better:hammer: . Overall, I look good. I must've eaten an out of date bagel yesterday or something! A very British apology goes out to you all for the depressing nature of the post:p .

STILL off work next week:woohoo: ! I'm interested to see what transpires in terms of gains. I'll keep saying it to myself ''One day...it's a marathon'', but I can't say there won't be the odd post like the one above to come. It's actually quite liberating....:type:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Strength has been up every workout this week! Just some increases in the second and third sets of an exercise, that sort of thing. Looking forward to continuing the trend into tomorrow with LUNGES!

So anyway, I've got some pics taken. Not managed to convince anyone to take them which means I had to perch my phone around the place, but they look pretty decent. I emailed them to Bobo, so I guess they should be up soon. Did you get them Bobo?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Pics :)

Sorry took so long. Too damn busy!! :(

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Hey, my nose doesn't look as broken as I first thought. Did you photoshop it, lol?

Anyway, today marks the end of this week's worrkouts. Strength on legs was well up and I'm definitely putting up squats next time round :). Bi's today were also up in strength, although not massively. No increase on delts this time round.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 32:

weight: 187.6lbs- up 1.2lbs
leg: 24 5/8''- up 3/8''
arm: 15 5/8''- no change
hips: 41 1/8''- up 3/16''
waist: 35 3/4''- up 1/4''

Another good week of workouts, resulting in another good set of results this morning:) . I should say that these results were taken 2.5 hours early, but I went to bed 2 hours early, so technically they were half an hour early.

As said before, strength was up in EVERY workout, to one degree or another:D . Hence the increases seen with the tape, i.e. LBM. I would also expect that some of the increase is due to increased subq water/fat gain, but I didn’t notice any decrease in muscle definition during my (50th;) ) weekly mirror check:dance: . I think morning is a good time for comparison as you haven’t eaten or drunk anything in 6+ hours and this week I looked alot better compared to last week. The extra LBM was definitely showing this morning and I should give a special commendation to my tri’s as they were looking very big, even by my own meagre standards:hammer: .

Now for the not so great news:( . Can you guess what it is?…..no, not that…….YES! A R M S:mad: . Damn little buggers! Does anyone want to trade?, lol. If they don’t start behaving soon, I’m gonna have to put them on the naughty step! (do you guys get Supernanny on TV?). Now, I haven’t been here for 32 weeks without learning something:

a) strength is up
b) arms look bigger
so, LBM is up:cool: . a+ b = lean mass of the bod-y. (Corny but nothing else rhymes).

End of week 32 also marks the end of my hols. Back to reality and that little necessity of life called ‘earning money’:rasp: . Until the next hols! After all, the new tax year and another holiday allocation is only 2 weeks away!:thumbsup:

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a machine that could tell you when you were going to die so you could ‘retire’ in your 20’s/30’s instead and just work to your last day? I think so. Youth might be wasted on the young, but money and free time is wasted on the old! I mean, what can you do in your 60’s when you have bad(der) joints, you’re supersensitive to cold, drafts and damp, you have more liquid meals than a noob bb’er, go the toilet more often than a Bobo-ite does, take longer to get on it than we do after leg day, even longer to get off, you take more pills in a day than ‘big Ron’ takes in a week, you don’t like the ‘look’ of anyone under 40 and you’d rather sit in with a cup of tea, watching a conservative, politically correct TV program that reminds you of when you were a lad and you didn’t have to lock your door at night, whilst complaining that the NHS is rubbish (it is, actually) and Tony Blair is a monster for putting Council taxes up, meaning you have to turn the heating down to save up, so your living room is an oh so frosty 40 degrees C.

**takes a breath, finishes playful rant**

Gotta love senior citizens:p.

Where was I? Oh yeah. So, because I’m back to work, it is INEVITABLE that I’ll lose weight over the next couple of weeks. Just glycogen, subq water and fat. It’ll be interesting actually to see what gains are left after all that is ‘taken away’. I actually remember thinking that way from my last hols:think: . If I look much different in a few weeks, I’ll get some pics up, otherwise I’ll get some up when I get into the 190-200 range. Looking forward to an interesting week 33 and Ireland beating England in the 6 nations rugby later.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: Forgot to say that I'm back on the diet I was on before my hols, the one with the extra cals (#4 instead of #3).

I'll see if I can curb my eccentricity so that I get the relevant facts in next time!

Oh, and I had a v.good chest workout today. Increased workout volume on db presses and inc. db presses. Dips were the same, but technically they were up as my bodyweight is up from 2 weeks ago. Next time round, I think a few weight increases are called for.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I'm going to turn this log into a book :D

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to turn this log into a book :D
...lol. Maybe a film too! You can play me. Might have to wear a thick jumper 24/7 to make it believeable though. We'll get Arnold to play you.:hammer:

'Bobo stars as bms0lsc, the man with the dream. Against all the odds, he fights against British booze culture and a disapproving grandmother to build the ultimate physique, rising up to seek revenge on the one man that stood in his way, <insert token bad guy>. In a world where the couch is king, one man showed him the way; ''Iym Bobo. I'll be bak, er I mean vill halp yu''.'

A definite blockbuster! :thumbsup:

(It's a gland thing, people. I'm taking medication and should be better in a few weeks!)

I've got a pretty good story actually that just took place during my tri workout, but you'll all have to wait 'til saturday for that.;)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 33:

weight: 185.2lbs- down 2.4lbs
leg: 24 1/4''- down 3/8''
arm: 15 9/16''- down 1/16''
hips: 41''- down 1/8
waist: 35 3/4''- no change

Well, there you have it; it was inevitable that I'd lose weight. BUT, my workouts went well and indicated some good progress.

Sunday's workout, as I said previously, was a good one. Increase in workout volume which I'll convert onto bigger weight next time:) .

Monday's workout was tough, as I'd had my first day back at work and my back felt a little sore:( . Consequently, no changes to weight/volume was seen. Calves saw a small increase in workout volume, in which I stuck at the same weight for sets 2 and 3, instead of 3 and 4:) .

Tuesday was off day but it didn't go too well:( ; my water intake was substandard, especially since I like to get an extra .25-.5 gallons when at work, due to the physical nature. I also REALLY struggled to get in my chicken/mozz meal that day:burger: . There must be a correlation between water intake and hunger:think: .

Wednesday was a good workout. No increase in strength on tri's/abs but all the sets were solid:) . However it wasn't a good workout because of the working sets, but what happened during the rest intervals:D !......So, I was walking over to the tri extention station when, on the running track next to it was a girl whom I know simply as the 'Tennis Girl'. Now 'TG' is a stunner:jaw: ; approx. 6ft with legs that go on forever;) . She always wears a nice pair of lycra shorts and a T-shirt that, whilst baggy, never seems to stay where she wants it to:dance: . Standard so far, but what makes this story different from the average stare-fest we all experience every workout (which are still worthy of a post;) ) was that she had a guy with her whom I ascertained to be her coach:frustrate . (There was also a friend whose butt provided a certain distraction now and again:thumbsup: ). I kept making eye contact with this dude, because I kept looking at him to make sure he wasn't catching me ogling, which he was and he kept looking at me to make sure I wasn't ogling, which I was:ntome: ! By my second warmup set, I'd had enough and was wasting valuable 'Peeping Tom' time with this guy, so I went on a little 'reccy':hammer: . I found that if I sat myself down at the lat pulldown station I could get a great view, but here's the genius part! On a direct line of sight in the foreground, at a slight upward angle, was a TV. I could legitimately stare in that direction, preetending to be interested in the Commonwealth games, all the while getting an eyeful:afro: ! It was v.satisfying to be so cunning and it was really worth it! TG (and her legs) were doing some amazing things with a Swiss ball:blink: , including something I overheard being called an ''egg roll'':thumbsup: . All I could do was furrow my brow and shake my head. I'm not a religious person, but I also said ''Oh my God'' an awful lot:trout: .

**I'm actually thinking of some way of ending the story but I've just sat here for 5mins thinking of those legs, so I'll just get on with the update, lol:p **

Thursday was a typical leg day, brutal:D . Squats felt harder and easier at the same time:confused: . I guess maybe it's due to growing but having the glycogen depleted from you at the same time:think: . Leg extentions were up though. They seem to go up every week at the moment:hammer: .

Bi's delts and calves y'day was also good. I saw a small increase in workout volume on bi's and stuck with the same weight for the first 2 sets with Arnolds:) . Calf strength was the same.

Looking at the measurements, there's not much lost off the fatty bits, but my lifting belt did feel looser on thursday (somehow:blink: ) with squats and this morning I had a stretch in the mirror and that 'cut' stretching the length of my abs was more noticeable than it has been in a long while:D . Overall though, not alot happening in the mirror. Understandable though.

Legs saw the biggest fall this week but they also saw the biggest gain over the past few weeks so that's ok:) . I was a little anxious with the arm measurement, like mhen you were a kid and you had to rip a plaster off, in case it read 15'' or something, but a 1/16'' loss is ok:) . A net gain of 1/16 over 4 wks is decent actually.

I must say, getting back to work has took it out of me a little, much more than expected:rasp: . Every time my alarm has gone off, I've slept in for about 30mins-1hr! My back has been sore all this week and my dodgy shoulder is playing up:( , but it'll calm down soon enough. I'll work into it later. All you need is a hard, spherical ball (like a lacrosse ball) and you have a perfect tool for administering your own physiotherapy. Works wonders on knots:) !

In conclusion, it's been a good week. Things have gone as expected but the strength increases were a few nice surprises. Now all that glycogen, etc. has gone, it'll be interesting to see what happens next week. Lose, weight, gain weight? My money is on recomp, just because that's what happened last time. And that's always welcome:D ! So I'm done for the week and now you can all go an Google <egg roll swiss ball>.;)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Sat here on a computer in my gym. Just finished back workout. I'd give an update, but I've just realised I've forgotten to put a scoop of protein in my shaker so I'm gonna have to haul ass home to get one. God, I'm a dufus......

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 34:

weight: 184.8lbs- down 0.4lbs
leg: 24 3/16''- down 1/16''
arm: 15 9/16''- no change
hips: 41''- no change

Another weightloss this week. Not much change with the tape though. These results also don't really give justice to the performance(s) I had in the gym:) .

Off the top of my head, there was increases, to one degree or another, on practically all bodyparts:D ! Including a 'why aren't my legs 25'' ' increase on leg day:p (involving a 5lb increase on leg ext. and squats). No change to leg press and there hasn't been for a while, perhaps because it's the last exercise:think: .

Other highlights included a 'what have I done to deserve a sub-16'' measurement' :rolleyes: increase in bicep strength. With bi's, for me at least, db curls and inc db curls see the fewest increases, but that's understandable because I have to make BIG leaps to the next set of db's.

So, I say 'strength increases in practically all workouts' because there wasn't anything happening with triceps. Could it be because that tennis girl was back that day? Probably:dance: ! In all seriousness, tri's have been the bodypart that I've been the most recently impressed with, mirrorwise:cool: . Sometimes it looks like I've gone to a blacksmith and he's implanted a great big Shire horse horseshoe in the back of my arm:D ! I just wish their neighbours on the other side of 'humerus road' would take note an follow suit:lol: ! Not looking like a horseshoe, but growing. You get the idea.

Overall, mirrorwise, not much change. But every now and then, I seem to get a glimpse of the physique I could have in 10-15lbs time:) . Not when I've got a pump; it actually seems to occur BEFORE my workouts that I notice this phenomenon. Wierd.

Diet-wise, everything is bang on track. I had a little trouble y'day with the chicken/mozz pre workout, thought I might be late for the workout, but it was all good. You can believe me or not but I was thinking about it and I haven't cheated on my diet since christmas 2004 (junkfood) :burger: :whip: (me) !!! It was a chinese takeaway:hammer: . I've only been with Bobo 34 weeks, but even when I was 'on my own', I didn't cheat. IMO it makes it all the more impressive when I tell you my own diet concoctions were based around a daily intake of chicken and 3lbs of green beans, with lashings of flax oil :food: :sick: ! I kid you not! It's funny what makes us crack. I can walk down the cake aisle and not even feel the slightest urge to even look at the produce, but this week I cracked in my own way; I went on google an typed in <Prison Break>. That programme is the shiznit :head: and I've lasted upto now, forcing myself not to find out what happens in future episodes. Over here, they've just got back into the guard's room after Abruzzi got back PI and the tension was too much. Fortunately I managed to close the webpage before I read up on the final episode, so the damage was minimal:) .

So anyway, looking forward to week 36 and no cheating and lots of growing!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Got a new diet and workout plan, but only managed to start implementing both today, instead of y'day:eek: .

My chest workout y'day was a real mixed bag, with the problems being a sore shoulder and, get this...it took me 2 hours and 3 minutes from my first warmup set to my last working set:rant: ! I don't know why really; I suppose I wasn't on top form mentally. I always get pi$$ed at myself when I mess up. It takes ages to get it out of my head. Gotta just put it behind me....chalk it up and move on, as you guys say:) .

Today, I've already had 3 meals and I've messed up a little:aargh: . Had stuff to do this morning. Should be ok for the rest of the day though. New diet is strange as I've lost food as well as gained some. I can sort of see why it was done, from my lay perspective, but I'm probably wrong, lol:rolleyes: .

Workout was a little wierd. I got a new exercise, SLDL's. Never done them before really, but I felt them alot on my hamstrings:). The program said it was a 'back' exercise so I'll do a search, see if I'm doing them right. I also underestimated the weight on bi's a little as they are usually a little tired by the time I get round to the exercise stated. Easily fixable:) . I must say I feel less tired overall after this workout compared to other back workouts:think: .

After a quick look over the new workouts, I'm feeling eager:hammer: . It might take some getting used to, just so I'm right on the money with weight selection, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. I got a new ratio to do, 3:1, should be fun! Also got deadlifts. I LIKE deadlifts:D ! Not done them for ages. Overall, there seems less distinction between individual workouts, like bodyparts have become more integrated. And I've joined the 'fortnightly squat' club! Must've sent too much money for my last extention, lol;) .

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 35:

weight: 184.8lbs- no change
leg: 24 1/4''- up 1/16''
arm: 15 9/16''- no change
hips: 41'' - no change

So not too many changes this week. Started the new diet/routine, all be it a day late. I do remember something similar happening another time though; new diet was started in week 14 and there was no changes at the end of that week, but a 1.6 lb increase in week 15. Funny how the body works:thumbsup: !

It's wierd actually because writing this, I'm actually thinking there wasn't any changes, like I don't believe what my eyes saw. Wierd really. Of course there's room for error in all measurenments, but those measurements seem typical of me on this plan; I just whisper TUT and my lower body grows, lol;) .

Because I started a day late, the workload on my tri's was a little below par, as I have tri exercises scheduled sunday and wednesday. Probably accounts for something. Chest will also have been a little askew:frustrate .

Diet-wise everything is ok. I've actually lost some bulk to the meals, so they're a little easier to eat. Had a slight problem with one meal though; c.cheese, mozz and chicken meal from tuesday. I eat the cc from the cup and microwave the mozz and chicken. Took me about 30 odd minutes to finish:burger: ! Something to do with the acidic cc followed by the fat in the mozz methinks:think: . It makes me wonder what a Bobo diet for a 300+lb 12-% bf guy would look like on a bulk. Everyone laughs at the 'GH gut' of these big guys, but they have to have 'em to fit all that food in:hammer: !

Mirror-wise nothing really happening. Although I swear my abs looked a little more defined earlier, despite 'measureable' evidence to the contrary:D .

Strength-wise, it's hard to make any assumptions as I have no basis for comparison. Some lifts were up, but with all exercise groupings and orders different, I can't read much into that. I'll have to wait a few weeks before I can comment fully. I MUST say something about SLDL's. On monday, my hamstrings were DESTROYED! Completely anihalated (sp?):nutkick: ! They were about as elastic as cardboard and I took about 15 mins longer at work each day because my steps were shorter:blink: ! I did them again on thursday, but felt them alot more on my l.back partly because I was 'protecting' my hammys. DOMS has all but faded now, so I'm going to tear them up with some strtetching later:twisted: .

So, in other news, I've decided to go down the AAS route. This guy at my gym hooked me up with something called 'trombolone' (sp?). Sounds like a musical instrument to me, lol. He told me I need to use about 15ml a week (at 75 mg/ml), because this stuff is like the weakest royd out there. Now before you flame, I DID ask about that PCT stuff. He said he didn't have any tamoxiphene at the mo and I didn't need it anyway with such a weak substance. I'm not sure about that, but this guy does 1/4 squats with like 500lbs, so he must know what he's talking about, right? This guy also says I can gain 40lbs in 8 weeks, so I can't wait!! Let the growing begin! I'll start my cycle tomorrow (week 36).

Of course, you can ignore the entire last paragraph, lol! The weather is pretty poor here, so I thought I'd create a bb.com'esque post to amuse you all! Not that anyone here would, but DON'T DO THIS (just in case).

Week 36 of my Bobosterone only cycle begins tomorrow.:woohoo:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Vascularity was quite amazing last night! Chest, shoulders, arms... No idea why. Again, I swear my abs looked better today than in previous weeks.

Workout today was great. I'm liking doing a bit of one bodypart and then another. I feel fresher during the workout, as if I'm not 'obliterating' a specific muscle group. New ratios on tri's 'feel' better too. Looking forward to deadlifts tomorrow!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 36:

weight: 186.2lbs- up 1.4lbs
leg: 24 6/16''- up 1/8''
arm: 15 10/16''- up 1/16''
hips: 41 3/16'' - up 3/16''

Just as I thought really; a delayed reaction to the calorie increase:) .

Pretty good week in the gym this time round. Still acclimatising to a few new exercises and exercise orders so weight selection was a little off a few times. Particularly with biceps! With those, I had the full range, from too light to too heavy. A few were bang on though:thumbsup: .

I suppose I can't really say too much about strength and its relation to growth, as these first 2 weeks are the starting point for comparison in later weeks:) . I also might have to overcome noob strength gains :)think: ) with the new workouts before strength can be used with any accuracy as an indicator for growth measurement. For example, strength on my calves has sky-rocketed!! I've had an increase in w.o volume on them which might have something to do with it, so it might not be noob gains, just growth:D ! No tape measurements to back it up though.

Something I've noticed with the new workouts, which was confirmed this week, is that I definitely don't get as sore (in the upper body). That's relieving:) , but I also miss it in a way:blink: .

Visually, I haven't seen much change. Good thing about the weekly measurements is that they tell you growth is taking place, even if you can't see it;) . I think that's most peoples' biggest problem; most guys in the gym don't grow because they don't notice they aint growing and therefore don't do anything about it. I know a p.t who goes JUST on how he looks and 'feels':blink: . He wants to be a competitive bb'er one day:blink: . Well, if you look in the mirror after eating a pizza and a litre of pop and then again first thing in the morning, dehydrated, you will always think you are 'improving';) . I try to impart some (second hand) wisdom but it don't get through. I CANNOT wait until I'm big:dance: !! doubt it).

Mentally I've had a pretty altogether draining week because of stuff like this. I was over at a mate's house (another p.t actually!), who is a 'professional boozehound' and crappy diet afficionado:hammer: . He also loves superdrol and brags about his 15lbs in 14 days a few months back:rofl: !!!! He's lost it all now. Anyway, he doesn't quite get my dedicated lifestyle, just as I don't quite get his, but there was a time during the visit I was seriously doubting myself and the path I chose.

Kinda hard to justify what I (we all) do sometimes, I guess:rolleyes: . Again, it came down to what he saw as the sum total of my efforts to date (my physique) and what I BELIEVED the sum total would be in the future:thumbsup: . Again, I was thinking, I CANNOT wait 'til I'm big! I'm not a religious person so it's a little wierd to believe in a way of life, having faith that something one day I'll reach my goal and having the dedication, day in day out, to see it through:hammer: .

Well, to lighten the mood and because I've had a revelation :head: (and because it's something I'd do), I'm inventing a new word. We had Bobosterone, now I give you a new religion, BOBOISM :D ! For those that need a little faith when times are hard. I even have ''The Bobo's Prayer''

Oh Bobo, who art in Florida,

Clown-like be thy Name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done,

In the UK as it is in the US.

Give us this day our daily bagel.

And forgive us our spurious nutritional knowledge,

As we forgive those who talk that tripe against us.

And lead us not into cheat meal temptation,

But deliver us from poor workout evil.

For thine is anabolicminds,

and FLA nutrition,

and the glory,

for ever and ev...until you retire.

Amen.

I'm going to lie down for a while, then watch the new Doctor Who. Yes, I like it.

Looking forward to week 37!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Great start to the week! Nothing major, a few increases in volume on chest and ALL sets felt 'smoother'. This time 2 weeks ago I hadn't started the new w.o plan but the start of the chest w.o is the same as the other so I reckon I can make an accurate comparison. Just gotta keep it up throughout the rest of the week!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 37:

weight: 186.2lbs- no change
leg: 24 6/16''- no change
arm: 15 10/16''- no change
hips: 41 3/16'' - no change

No changes this week. Pretty standard as it's rare that I have consecutive gains back to back:) . I don't know if it's a mental thing but even though I haven't put weight on, I feel as though I look better this week than in previous weeks:cool: ! I'm trying to think of a word to describe it; I'll just stick with my tried and tested ''thicker'';) .

Strength-wise, there's been some good increases. A mix of increases due to growth :D and increases because of underestimating my strength with the new routine. In real terms, this ranged from a better 'feel' to a set, to a 15lbs increase on a few back exercises:thumbsup: .

Diet-wise, no problems. I forgot my gatorade for leg day (again:eek: ), so I had to buy a Lucozade from the bar at the gym, but the sugar content was the same so that was ok. It cost me £1.60 (about $2.80 I think), which was a complete rip-off but you gotta do what you gotta do:rolleyes: .

I did get some unintentional cardio when I had a dream about being chased by somebody; I woke up, my heart was beating like a drum and my breathing was really shallow! I remember thinking, as I took my zinc that night, 'I hope I have a good dream'. Well, I think that qualifies as a Z-mare:hammer: ! I tried it again last night, concentrating really hard on flying, but no luck:( !

Anyway, I feel back on track;) . Kinda wierd to say as I don't feel as though I was ever really 'off-track'......... I'm MORE on track:) . I'm going shopping for c.cheese later and then watching Dr Who again! Saturdays are all about Dr Who and log updates:run: .

Yes that sounds very geeky. I don't think I would have lasted 5mins in a high school in the US! Especially if Hollywood's portrayal of school there is anything to go by:p !

Looking forward to week 38!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 38:

weight: 186.2lbs- no change
leg: 24 6/16''- no change
hips: 41 3/16'' - no change

No changes again this week. I always make doubly sure with tape measurements as in the beginning of the program, I saw tape increases with no weight increases:blink: .

This week has gone by very quickly and smoothly. I'm definitely in cruise mode at the mo ;) .

Not much changes in the mirror really although my biceps DO look bigger. Might've been because only had 1 contact lens in at the time, lol. I was in the shower after work this morning and did notice my thigh had a bit of a better sweep. I had 2 contacts in at the time:hammer: .

Strength-wise, things are progressing well. My increases are still a mix of growth and being right on the money with weight selection. Most of the adjusting seems to come with back exercises...

Diet was fantastique this week again:D . No probs. Fri pre w.o is still a bit of a beast, though.

And that's it really. I'm a little dissapointed I've got no stories to tell or limericks to share:eek: . I'll log off and probably think of one. Maybe next week, which is my 39th week. 3/4 of a year!

As usual, looking forward to it:dance: !

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 39:

weight: 185.2lbs- down 1lb (!)
leg: 24 1/2''- up 1/8''
hips: 41 1/2'' - up 5/16''
waist: 35 14/16''- up 1/8''

Well I have no idea wtf is going on this week:blink: ! All I can say is my scales must be fooked! Don't know how/why as I only use them once a week and I keep them in the box all the time:think: . I'll take another weigh in tomorrow as it can't be right today. I'm gonna have to break out the second set of emergency scales for comparison:eek: !

Sigh. It's not really a week down the drain but it fells a little like that and now I'm a little anxious:(; next saturday won't come soon enough...

I was quite happy too this morning as I've got a 'new way' to measure my arms:) ; just more accurate, with a scar I can use as a point of reference. So from now, my arm is at 15 1/2''. I'll adjust it in next week's measurements, hopefully with an increase to post about:thumbsup: .

RIGHT. LOOK AT SOME POSITIVES. Measurements are up (hips have jumped something crazy:think: ) so growth has occured. Nothing in the arms so far but my greater measurement accuracy may prove fruitful.

Strength is up again. Again, it's a mix of growth and finding the right weight. I'm still trying to find the optimimum weight; my weight selection is always on the conservative side so that, if its gotta be one or the other, I make sure to easily make the reps as opposed to struggling and reaching failure in a set:) .

One thing I noticed is that I made an increase on sunday with db bp. But on wednesday, I had no strength gain at all. On sunday, I was using a 2:2 ratio, wednesday was a 3:1. Might be that 2:2 works better for me on chest?

Chest and shoulders look better in the mirror, so that's good:cool: . Abs look a little less defined which aint great, but I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt for now. At least any negative stuff;) .

Okay, diet. Thinking about it, diet could have something to do with my weight measurement. Water intake has been below par and, with a large increase in temp recently, I may be a little dehydrated:(. Meals have been somewhat harder to eat and I KNOW that means I'm not getting enough water. Just experience suggests this to me. Friday pre wo meal took...are you ready fo this...40 MINS to eat:sick: ! That was a gag fest and a half! Needless to say, I was a little late starting the workout, compounded because some idiot had hidden the wide grip attachment for seated rows.

Conclusion time. Scales are broke and/or I'm a little dehydrated:think: . Measurements are up:cool: and mirror isn't treating me too badly:) . Workouts went well this week and strength is up;) . So LBM'll probably be up, despite what the scales have to say. I'll just wait and see what next week brings (I'll try a weigh in tomorrow morning too). I'm going to enjoy the good weather we're having at the mo, or more precisely, it's effects on female attire and lack thereof:D .

Looking forward to a hopefully back to normal week 40.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
"So LBM'll probably be up, despite what the scales have to say."

Damn right :)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
"So LBM'll probably be up, despite what the scales have to say."

Damn right :)
....lol. Well today, I laid the smackdown ALL over strength increases:dance: . Incline bp was up 5lbs:D , dec. db bp was easy and is going up next time:cool: and triceps were definitely smeeeelling what the lsc was cooking:afro: ! The people's abs were also up;) . (Note: I swear I haven't watched WWE in years. Many years.).

Funny thing though, my scales weren't broken! I got my back-up scales out (all good lifters have a back-up, like a good cop has a back-up gun;) ) and they confirmed that my 'primary' scales were ok:think:. I can only assume, given the evidence, that I was dehydrated (?). Due to increased temp and sub-standard water intake. Just have to watch it closely this week and see next saturday.....

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Question Bobo: Does the protein powder we use have to be whey protein? How about pea protein, soy?

And macro's for 1 scoop is 20-25g pro, 0-2g carb, 0-2g fat right? Thanks.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
For pre and post workout, yes. Any other time, no.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 40:

weight: 186lbs- up 0.8lbs
leg: 24 1/2''- no change
arm: 15 1/2''- no change
hips: 41 3/8''- down 1/8''
waist: 35 7/8''- no change

Another wierd week of results:blink: . I'm up 0.8lbs, but still 0.6 below where I was; no change to limbs though. Hips, after a BIG increase last week have dropped this time round.

I'm still putting this down to water. I don't feel as though my intake has been substandard, but some mornings were a real chore with respect to getting down meals:sick: , so IDK. Just have to have more and see what happens:twisted:.

Hopefully, the trend might continue and my weight might be back to 'normal' next week.

Well, despite all that, I feel as though I'm looking pretty darn good:D ! I look bigger in the chest and shoulders. I'd say my arms were but I'm trying tough love with them and maybe they'll try harder to impress me, lol.

Strength also seems unaffected by whatever is going on:hammer: . Chest was up alot, back was up a little and legs were up by accident! No changes to bi's and tri's though:smite: . Anyway, with legs I was on the extention machine, having picked what I thought was the right weight, but there's a little sliding 5lb weight that you can push in to add it to the stack. I didn't realise it was added and did my first set with an extra 5lbs! Very competently I might add:cool: . THEN, on lunges I made another mistake and added 20lbs to them! My maths skills were completely evading me at the time and I didn't even notice 'til set 3 of 4. I must admit I was a little unbalanced during the sets but nothing major. I also don't think I was lunging as far as usual. The knee of my trail leg WAS toutching the floor :) but I think my steps were shorter and I felt the exercise alot more on my quads than normal. Glutes still feel like I've been beaten with a stick though! Might drop lunges 5lbs next time and see if they feel 'better'....

Well, that's it. Another week in the books. Not too bad, apart from some weight that's MIA. Doesn't seem to be too important though. As expected, week 41 follows, starts tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 41:

weight: 185.2lbs- down 0.8lbs
leg: 24 1/2''- no change
arm: 15 1/2''- no change
hips: 41 3/8''- no change
waist: 35 7/8''- no change

Weight is down again:blink: ! To be honest I got up and did feel dehydrated today. First time though. I still did the old man thing and got up a few times during the night:p . Still don't know what's going on really as I don't seem to be getting less water in. Nevermind. Tape measurements haven't changed though so that's ok:) .

Overall, it's been a rather boring week, nothing major at all really. Nothing strength-wise to speak of. A little increase on chest and, er, that's it:) .

Diet-wise, I had a little mishap on tue. I was supposed to have a tbsp of flax with meal 1, but forgot about it and had to get it in with my last meal. Nothing major:) .

In terms of the mirror, things seem to be progressing smoothly:cool: . Every time I look, I expect to look smaller and I'm quite relieved when I look my bigger self:eek: . Bit wierd I suppose but you can/do look different from day to day.

**Well, I stopped writing here at 3.15pm for 1/2 a bagel, 1/2 a cup c.cheese, 1 cup 2% milk and 1/2 a scoop of protein. Took me 4mins to eat. It WAS meal time but I've run out of stuff to type aswell. Was thinking hard to come up with something:lol:. **

**3.24pm- Still nothing. The smileys are distracting me.**

**3.27pm- I wrote the last line on here. It's what I usually say and helps me think**

**3.31pm- Got it! See below!**

Ok, a little rhyme I thought of. You have to say it to the Ghostbusters theme tune...

If you're feelin' flabby and it don't look good, who ya gonna call? F-LA!!

If your biceps don't peak, like you know they could, who ya gonna call? F-LA!!

That'll do:D .

Week 42 starts tomorrow and, as usual, I'm looking forward to it!