bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 8 today:

weight: 171.8lbs- down 0.4lbs
thigh: 22''- up 1/4''
arm: 14 7/8''- no change
waist: 33 7/8''- down 1/8''
hips: 39 1/4''- down 1/4'' (didn't post this last week but it came in at 39.5'')

I am astounded by the leg measurement- did it several times to make sure! I gotta remember exactly how the workout went and duplicate the performance!

(In fact I had to wait about twice as long to start my leg presses as some lady jumped on before me. I asked if I could perhaps work in with her to which, she replied "I'm in a rush, ACTUALLY" and proceeded with her sets, interspersed with frequent checks of her nails. Go figure!)

No changes to arm but I might have measured an extra 1/16''. I'm just being conservative. Bi workout yesterday was definitely v.good (with strength) in any case.

Waist down! Speaks for itself!

Hips down. I hold alot of my bodyfat here so it's a good thing!

I'm quite amazed that 4 (I think) weeks ago, I was gaining mass overall with this caloric intake, aswell as inches on the arms and legs and now I'm STILL gaining on the arms and legs and losing fat! Great stuff!! Roll on week 9!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
New diet sent :)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
New diet recieved. Just one thing: You say just more rice but I'm noticing alot more cups of milk compared to what I've got now. I held off the other diet you sent (in late August) that had the extra milk included because I was on hols, so do you still want me to have these cups? I'm currently on the mealplan where I don't have the cups of milk scheduled in meals 5 and 6 (and 4 on some days) and the extra c.cheese.

Thanks.

risend

Awards
Nice work Bms0lsc :thumbsup:

What were your measurements at the start of the program?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
New diet recieved. Just one thing: You say just more rice but I'm noticing alot more cups of milk compared to what I've got now. I held off the other diet you sent (in late August) that had the extra milk included because I was on hols, so do you still want me to have these cups? I'm currently on the mealplan where I don't have the cups of milk scheduled in meals 5 and 6 (and 4 on some days) and the extra c.cheese.

Thanks.

I would use the one with just the added milk, then this one after that. I forget you didn't use the last update...

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Will do Bobo. Thanks :) .

Thanks risend! I actually didn't take too many measurements at the start of the program, just weight and waist. I thought this would be sufficient to guage my progress. How wrong I was!! I started off at 164lbs with a waist of 33.5''.

I took a few measurements at the end of week 2, so the aren't fully representative of the program and the effects but here you go:

Left leg: 21.25'', hips: 38'', right arm: 14 5/8''

I'm not actually sure how good measurements are at guaging progress either (here's why): At the end of week 1, my waist fell to 33'' and I noticed a vein running the length of my abs. I also noticed it y'day for the first time since then!! Not quite as pronounced but visible:D and my waist is 33 3/4'' now! Quality!!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Good tri workout today. Strength up just a little from last week, but a strength increase is a strength increase :)! I also feel as though I'm looking a little fuller so far this week, especially in the chest! My ab vein has gone awol though. I'm missing it already! However, the funny thing is that my abs overall don't seem to have lost any definition so I guess it'll be back soon! I'm actually a little jealous of you guys that are cutting- you must love every minute of it!

I've got legs tomorrow and I'm gonna see if I can replicate the 'feel' of last weeks workout. If I managed a 1/4'' gain in 1 week whilst going through a bit of recomp, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can have another good increase with the extra cals.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Week 9 done.

weight: 173.0lbs- up 1.2lbs
arm: 14 15/16'' to 15''- up between 1/8''- 1/4''
leg: 22 3/16''- up 3/16''
hips- 39.5''- up 1/4''
waist- 34 1/4''- up 3/8''

Amazing what a few cups of milk can do!

Arm was up and I was very happy when measuring it this morning. I was measuring it in the mirror as usual and was quite shocked to see the development I had in the inner tricep head :). There used to be a 'gap' in that area, but it's being filled nicely! My bi workout y'day was also good in terms of my strength increases.

Another great leg workout! I seem to be working through these really well of late and it's showing and I reckon I've got leg day down to a fine art! Hips are up aswell which is a good thing. I wish my arms would grow as easy! Damn genetics :mad:! Stocky hips and legs and small arms. Still, I'm glad it isn't the other way round.

Waist is up a little this week. I lost some vascularity earlier in the week so I guess an increase was on the cards. Along with hips, waist seems to fluctuate quite a bit. These measurements incorporate most of my fat areas, aswell as some fast growing muscle groups :D, so it stands to reason this would occur as I undergo varying degrees of bulking and recomping over time.

With this in mind I'm not too concerned about this waist gain. Also, I would expect that the sudden increase in the measurement has alot more to do with muscle and glycogen rather than permanently increased fat stores. Anyway, it's been another great week, but now it's done, I'm looking forward to successful week 10!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Been busy this week so no time for updates, THEN y'day when I tried the db was playing up! Anyway here is my week 10 update:

hips: 39 11/16''- up 3/16''
leg: 22 1/4'' to 225/16''- up 1-2/16''
arm: 14 15/16'' to 15''- up a fraction
waist: 34 1/8''- down 1/8''
weight: 173.0lbs- no change

Strength increases last week were also good. 5lbs here and there- the best overall weekly strength increases I've had for a while! In fact I underperformed on a few sets, especially on bi's because my strength had gone up so much and I wasn't expecting it!

My bi's were a little sore y'day however and, coupled with me under-lifting on bi's perhaps accounts for not too much of a gain in the arm measurement.

I suppose these results show a little bit of recomp occuring, with no overall weight gain, a drop in the waist and an increase in limb measurements and strength gains. Never a bad thing!!

Today's chest and ab workout was nothing special. Some sets felt easier and some felt a little harder, but there was no real gain (or loss) in strength. I always seem to get better as the week progresses, with respect to workouts, maybe because my sleep pattern is a little different on sat night due to no work. In any case I'm looking forward to see if I can make some strength gains later in the week!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
I've had some good strength increases in my back and calves workout on mon and today's tri and ab workout. On my back, I kept thinking that I was counting my cadence a little too quickly as I was thinking ''this is too easy. I must be doing something wrong!''

Tri's today showed a good jump in weight :). I was happy because I increased the weight on the firstset of a particular exercise instead of increases over the proceeding (2nd and 3rd) sets, which is basically less of a decrease over those sets. Rightly or wrongly, I see this as an example of a greater strength increase and less of an increase in stamina- although every increase is something in the right direction!

During both workouts, I had a few sets in which I probably went 1 rep closer to failure than I would have liked (i.e I reached failure) but my form was remained decent. On the flip side, I also had a few sets in which I reached the designated rep number and was 1 rep off where I wanted to be, due to making too large a decrease in weight for those sets. With this in mind, I'll make the necessary adjustments for the next workout.

Tomorrow I'm looking for a few increases here and there on my leg workout but obviously not at the expense of my form. Being conservative with weight increases definitely feels as though it's better in the long run for gains (IMO). Friday's bi workout will be interesting as although I had an increase in strength last friday, I feel as though I didn't provide as intense a stimulus for growth as I would have liked so, fingers crossed, I might break the 15'' barrier with the tape this week! Although I've probably just jinxed it now!!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Here are my end of week 11 measurements (from y'day):

thigh: 22 7/16''- up 2/16''
arm: 15'' (and a bit)- up a fraction to 1/16''
hips: 39 11/16''- no change
waist: 34 1/8''- no change
weight: 173.8lbs- up 0.8lbs

I was a little shocked at these results. They mean that over the past 3 weeks, I have gained 1.2- 0.0 -0.8 lbs respectively! I didn't really think this was physiologically possible whilst maintaining the same caloric intake!

I finally broke the 15'' barrier on arms! :woohoo: I still think that I was a little light on a few bi sets on fri despite a strength increase, so I'm gonna make SURE I hit every set this week how I should as I progress on to the big 1-6!

Leg was up and that coincided with a decent strength increase on thursday.

Waist and hips remained the same. My guess is that if I gained on the limbs, I also gained LBM on the glutes, l.back etc so I may have lost a little fat in those areas too.

Chest, shoulders and abs were good today. No big increases really, just a solid workout with smaller declinations in weight during some exercises. I'm now looking forward to having another good week!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
A good tri workout today. Nothing really special to report, but I was up a little overall.

But back on mon was interesting! I was reviewing my last 'week 2' back workout and I noticed I had written notes all over it saying ''don't increase'' or ''keep weight same''. I wish I'd told myself to shut up! I got to about rep 8 (of 10) on my very first set and KNEW the weight was a tad on the light side! In the end however, I managed a good increase in 'work volume' and was satisfied with the workout.

So, I'm still increasing the weights, which is always good and I'm looking forward to leg day tomorrow (I must be mad!) and really attacking my bi's on fri!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
REALLY GOOD leg day today! All exercises, apart from leg extentions, were up 5lbs on the first set :D, I made smaller declinations in weight over each exercise :D, even sticking on the same weight for some consecutive sets :D AND I STILL feel as though I could have increased the weight further :D !!

I like things to be perfect, so I could critique this workout and say I underperformed a little but everything is UP and it certainly beats misjudging the weight and going too heavy :)D)!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:dance:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 12:

weight: 173.8lbs- no change
arm: 15 1/16''- up a fraction
leg: 22 1/2''- up 1/16''
hip: 39 3/4''- up 1/16''

Great strength gains and 1/16'' gain equals a great leg week! I would say this leg measurement is very modest too. It took me some time to measure it as I kept coming up with all sorts of ludicrous numbers and I thought I wasn't holding the tape correctly. I may (really stress the word may) have been pushing up towards the 22 3/4'' mark, making over a 2/8'' increase in a week :blink: !! Impossible? Perhaps. In any case I thought so and measured it again.

My hips were up a 1/16'' aswell, encompassing the upper thigh, so it's all good. I'll see what happens next saturday morning :).

Arms are up a tad. No big strength increases y'day on bi's; I stayed on the same weight for a few consecutive sets whereas I dropped it last time. Occasionally, after a drop in weight for a second set, I found it to be too light and put the weight back up to my 'starting set' weight. Overall, a good increase in work volume and the best bi workout for a while, in terms of the weight selection. 16'' is getting ever closer!

No change to overall weight, or the waist this week. I've gained muscle :thumbsup: (and no fat), so I've probably had a bit of a recomp this week. Theoretically, it could be quite a bit, as muscle growth seems to have 'masked' any loss in my waist and hip areas. I shall see what week 13 brings, starting tomorrow.

As a side note, with respect to the week's events, I think I've got to be careful in the future to make sure my legs don't stride ahead of my arms, in terms of development. Maybe I'll stop doing legs to allow my arms to catch up a little :think: ................. :lol: .

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Good chest workout today. I felt good right from the first warmup set. I'll be looking to make a good increase in workout volume next time. I don't know if I'm ready for the next set of dumbells (just yet), but I'll see how next weeks chest workout goes first!

I also made a good increase on my abs today. Over 4 sets, I only dropped the weight 10lbs (15 on wed) and the last set felt very easy:) !

Good start to the week; the sun/mon lag that I sometimes suffer from isn't here today! Just gotta keep it going 'til friday.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Update on the weeks workouts:

All have been pretty good:) !! Strength up here and there. Leg day got off to a slow start but picked up after squats were done- that's the only negative thing there was!

I think it's wierd that with some exercises, you really have to concentrate because non-associated muscles can start to 'feel the burn', eg delts with front squats, forearms with cable crunches. I feel like Popeye looks after an ab workout!

Diet-wise I had, completely by accident, 2 cups of skim milk with my pre w.o meal on leg day that weren't scheduled. I was just on auto pilot as I always have them with this meal, for the most part. Ok let me have it Bobo!:smite:. I know it's nit-picking really and won't make alot of difference in the grand scheme of things but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Ok Bobo, a couple of quick questions:

How long is too long to wait to get meal 1 in (in my case pre w.o) after waking up? Should we really be having it first thing? I think midget posted about this but I was just curious about any particulars involved. Thanks.

midget

Board Supporter
Awards
i'll let bobo answer your eating ?'s (curious about those myself)

? for you on your front squats: are you resting the bar on your clavicle (collarbone)? if not, this may be why you are feeling a 'pump' in your shoulders. it takes a bit to get used to - it'll feel like your choking yourself at first, but you can typically find a nice 'spot' to rest the bar that'll take away any need for your delts to be working.

forearm pump during ab crunches: using straps should take care of that if it becomes a problem.

easy there, popeye :)

Update on the weeks workouts:

All have been pretty good:) !! Strength up here and there. Leg day got off to a slow start but picked up after squats were done- that's the only negative thing there was!

I think it's wierd that with some exercises, you really have to concentrate because non-associated muscles can start to 'feel the burn', eg delts with front squats, forearms with cable crunches. I feel like Popeye looks after an ab workout!

Diet-wise I had, completely by accident, 2 cups of skim milk with my pre w.o meal on leg day that weren't scheduled. I was just on auto pilot as I always have them with this meal, for the most part. Ok let me have it Bobo!:smite:. I know it's nit-picking really and won't make alot of difference in the grand scheme of things but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Ok Bobo, a couple of quick questions:

How long is too long to wait to get meal 1 in (in my case pre w.o) after waking up? Should we really be having it first thing? I think midget posted about this but I was just curious about any particulars involved. Thanks.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As soon as you get up then you should wait at least 30-45 minutes before you workout.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
i'll let bobo answer your eating ?'s (curious about those myself)

? for you on your front squats: are you resting the bar on your clavicle (collarbone)? if not, this may be why you are feeling a 'pump' in your shoulders. it takes a bit to get used to - it'll feel like your choking yourself at first, but you can typically find a nice 'spot' to rest the bar that'll take away any need for your delts to be working.

forearm pump during ab crunches: using straps should take care of that if it becomes a problem.

easy there, popeye :)
I cross my forearms in front of me which definitely seems to help but from your description, I'm probably resting the bar a little too far forward. With the crunches, I use the tri rope so I don't have to grip so hard and the ends keep my hands from sliding off. I'll try your tips and see how they go. Thanks midget:) .

As soon as you get up then you should wait at least 30-45 minutes before you workout.
Okaly dokaly Bobo. Understood. That's what I've been doing anyway. I just wanted to know in case I had something to do before my workout that I couldn't get out of. I'll sub a meal and have it first thing if the situation warrants it :) .

Anyway, down to business. End of week 13:

arm: 15 1/16''- no change
leg: 22 1/2''- no change
hip: 39 13/16''- up 1/16''

No changes with the scales and not much with the tape either. Perhaps a small change to the waist in the form of a decrease, but no more than a fraction. Like I said before, strength has been up here and there this week and if anything increases it's a step in the right direction!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have the next diet update already right?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup :)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Started it y'day with the meals that had additions :thumbsup:.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 14:

arm: 15 2/16'' and a bit- up 1/16'' and a bit
leg: 22 5/8''- up 1/8''
hip: 39 13/16''- no change

I didn't quite know what to expect this week. I started a new diet tweak last saturday, so I thought I might have put on some weight, BUT I've been feeling kinda crappy this week with a cough/cold and constant heartburn. Damn British weather :rasp: !!

It hasn't been anything too bad. I haven't missed any workouts, meals or days off work, but I guess it's been enough to keep the weight off :(. On a good note however, I've gained a bit on my limbs :thumbsup:.

I'll just see what happens next week. I reached my worst on thursday (leg day was a real grind!) and noe I'm getting better, so another couple of days and I should be right as rain :) .

On another (quite big) note, I noticed something this week that was a little wierd. It seems that I have been counting my cadence a little too slowly:blink: ! Now OBVIOUSLY I'm counting a 3:2 ratio like everyone else, but I was doing cable crunches on sunday and was taking quite a long time to do so. 12 reps with a 3:2 ratio, that should take 1 min (approx) right? Well, according to the stopwatch I borrowed, it was taking me about another 20-30secs to complete the set. I kid you not and I would have to concede that this has probably affected the week's results.

It did throw me a bit; over the past couple of months though, I've gained weight (in the right places:thumbsup: ) and strength, so I've done something right! But the stopwatch indicates I've been training too slowly in the past and I HAVE to go with what that says from now on, despite previous successes. It does make me think. Funny thing though- none of my lifts have really increased as a result of the switch. Only about 5 lbs here and there if at all!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 15:

weight: 175.4lbs- up 1.6lbs
arm: 15 3/16'' - up a fraction
leg: 22 13/16''- up 3/16''
waist: 34 3/8''- up 2/8''

My weight has shot up this week :head:! After a couple of weeks growth with the tape and no weight increase, it's like my weight finally caught up! I guess in part, it's due to my recovery from being a bit ill last week (despite a -2 degrees C temp these past few mornings over here!).

My arm was only up a fraction this week. While my tricep workout on wed was good, yesterday's bi workout felt very light and I dont think I stimulated growth too effectively :frustrate . If ever a workout seems too light, it will be bi's for me. Anyway it should be an easy correction to make next week :) .

Thursday's leg workout was interesting. I squatted without a belt for the first time in 4 years! Basically because I forgot to take it to the gym. Squats definitely felt 'different' and the mechanics of the movement were probably altered somewhat :think: (although I didn't reduce the weight). In a good way though- 3/16'' increase in 1 week is definitely good :D !

Not wearing a belt has probably also contributed to my waist increase via some serious l.back growth ;) ! I'll start my squats next week without it I think, but have my belt at hand in case my back isn't feeling up to it. I started to wear a belt because of a back injury I sustained, so I don't know if I'm ready to throw it in the bin just yet. Another 3/16'' next week might just change my mind though :thumbsup:.

Roll on week 16!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
It's been a bit of a crappy start to the week. Mon morning I got a bit more work to do which seems as though it will be (semi) permanent- so a few extra calories burnt every day :sad: .

I'm not sure exactly how many but I'll keep my fingers crossed for my measurements on sat. In any case, I expect it will affect me to some degree. I SOOOOOOO need a new job!.......or to win the lottery........I'm gonna start playing the lottery:) .

On a good note however, I'm loving my new 'beltless' mindset; usually I'd wear it for T-bar rows but I left it to one side and my l.back felt great :thumbsup:. The executioner's axe is hovering perilously over that belt! Plus, my 2 workouts so far this week have been good. As long as that remains the case, I won't be (too) concerned :eek: .

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 16:

weight: 175.4lbs- no change
arm: 15 3/16'' and a bit - up a fraction
leg: 22 13/16''- no change
waist: 34 1/2''- up 1/8''

What a week! I'm glad it's over. It's been the type of week that makes tee-totalers like me rethink their lifestyle choice and becoming a boozehound sounds like a good idea :cheers: . Well....perhaps not ;) .

Surprisingly, my workouts have gone well this week. Strength gains here and there. My bi's are the sorest they've been in weeks. I know that isn't an indicator of the success or failure of the workout, but DOMS somehow feels good (term used loosely!), like a badge of honour:D .

Waist is up again this week. However, unless squatting without a belt miraculously adds fat to a person's frame, I don't think i'll mind:) .

Not much change to the limbs this week, despite decent workouts. Things will settle down next week so I'm sure I've got a little growth left in me for a few weeks yet:cool: .

Week 17 starts tomorrow and I'll see what that brings; hopefully a winning lottery ticket, 10lbs LBM and every girl from this month's FHM magazine knocking on my door. :dance:

I just have to believe.....or do a deal with the Devil :smite: . :lol:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 17:

weight: 175.4lbs- no change
arm: 15 3/16'' and a bit - no change
leg: 22 13/16''- no change
waist: 34 1/2''- no change

No changes across the board this week. I find it intriguing that I can wake up at the same time as last week and my weight can be exactly the same, despite fluctuations throughout the week. It's like the scales have a memory! :blink:

Despite measurements holding steady, I do seem to look better in the mirror of late. I look 'fuller', like I have a more developed 'shape' :) and vascularity seems better- like someone has drawn on me with a green crayon! :D

Strength has been up a little this week aswell, again despite the lack of gains with the scale/tape. In small dribs and drabs however- nothing major. But an increase is an increase :thumbsup: .

In terms of the of the workouts, I'd give this week a 5 out of 10- pretty average. Not bad but not great. Although I do set myself VERY high standards when it comes to training and HATE the slightest thing to go awry (sp?)- so I'm probably being a bit harsh on myself. Diet was spot on as usual this week :cool: .

Week 18 is up- I'm gonna see if I can kick it up a gear!

Oh yeah- I have a recipe that I haven't seen being mentioned around here. It's simple and far better than what you may be used to. It goes as follows:

1. Measure out 1 cup skim milk.

2. Place cup in microwave.

3. Heat on full power for 1 min.

4. Enjoy!

Yes! Hot milk! Just what you need if you're in a colder climate. It also seems to make the milk taste sweeter, so all you guys cutting can help keep those sugar cravings at bay!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Strength has been up a little this week so far. Not as much as last week though. Today was legs and I went up on leg extentions, but felt I had to work harder to match my last 'week 2' numbers for the rest of the workout this time round. I'm hoping these strength increases are building to something for my measurements on saturday :rolleyes:. BTW, I'm really liking standing in the mirror at an angle; I'm looking real thick (relatively speaking of course :D). There must be something in all the hot milk I'm drinking!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 18:

weight: 176.2lbs- up 0.8lbs
leg: 23''- up 3/16''
arm: 15 1/4''- up approx 1/16''
hips: 39 13/16''- no change

I have growth :hammer: !! After 2 weeks without much of it, BOOM! I guess I WAS looking thicker in the mirror:D. I've seen the future of bb'ing nutrition...... and its hot milk! No other explanation for it;) !

**HOT MILK- patented by 'bms0lsc Nutrition' for use as a mass gaining supplement. Subsidiary rights are negotiable.** :icon_lol:

In all honesty, I wasn't too sure that I would be able to squeeze any more gains out of this diet-but I'm glad I did. I guess my strength increases WERE building to something, despite kinda tailing off this week. Way to leave the diet alone, Bobo :thumbsup:!

I got up today and was definitely expecting the scale to read the same. BUT, it actually read 177.2lbs- a 1.8lb increase! I was thinking, ''WTF is going on?.....:think: ........oh yeah, now I know''. In my haste, I'd forgotten to 'answer' when nature 'came calling', as I normally do before taking my measurements. A subsequent weigh in, devoid of extraneous fluid, yielded 176.2lbs.

I broke another inch marker on the thighs which is good:) . Arms are creeping up aswell but there was no real strength increase y'day with bi's so a 'large' increase in size probably wasn't on the cards. Any increase is a good one however:) and every 1/16'' is like doing this to my ectomorphic genes :nutkick:.

I'll see if I can do it again next week. I might try heating my milk up a bit more, maybe that'll help!:rofl:.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Patience my friend. Its a marathon ;)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 19:

weight: 176.2lbs- no change
leg: 23''- no change
arm: 15 1/4''- no change

No changes with the tape or scales this week. Actually, when measuring my waist, it came in at 34''! But that was because the tape was a little too cold for comfort :p . Strength has been up in places this week but I'm definitely noticing a 'decline in the increases' being made.

In terms of the 'feel' of the workouts, they have never been better! They are flying by really quickly and finishing in about 90 mins (+ warmup) is easy:) .

I did have a bit of a problem with sunday's workout. I realised whilst doing inc. db bp, that I'd missed off a set of db bp AND dips:eek: ! So, I hastily went back and fitted them in before finishing incline presses. Not ideal, but I got all my sets in and form was unaffected. I think I was feeling a little too sure of myself after last saturday's results!

I also started using a belt again this week for squats. My l.back hasn't been feeling 100% so I decided not to risk it. Prevention is definitely better than the cure!

Pretty uneventful week overall. Although I've learnt over the past month that uneventful weeks on the surface can mask a veritable firestorm of growth, revealing itself at the most unexpected of times;)! On towards week 20! :run:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
I went to see my physio last night for the first time in 8 weeks, just for general maintenance, nothing major. She said ''Wow, you've bulked up! :)D) .....What have you been taking?'' She used that suspicious voice that I'm sure you've all heard before.

We've talked at length about supplement use etc during treatments, as she knows about my training goals and she has tried to convince me of the perils of protein powder on a number of occasions. I humour her because she is cute:cool: .

Anyway, I was taken quite by surprise with this question:blink: . So rather than tell the truth and say ''nothing'' fuelling the fire, my quick wit kicked in and I said ''It's this new supplement called 'Bobosterone'. Not many people know about it though'';). This is the honest truth!

I just thought this would be an interesting thing to post about as someone else is noticing I'm getting bigger :dance: and you could all use the same reply if you get the same question fired at you.

It might also work here at AM, if a noob asks for a source; tell him you know where to get some quality Bobosterone......and promptly direct him to the FLA website :lol:.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
I'm on my 3rd week of an 8 week cycle of Bobosterone and I've noticed the following:

Good stable mood
More alert
Incremental increases in strength
Good recovery
Awesome pumps
Already seeing a change in body comp

Worth every penny so far!!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:dance:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 20:

weight: 176.6lbs- up 0.4lbs
leg: 23''- no change
arm: 15 1/4''- no change

Weight up 0.4lbs. No changes with the tape though. I took these measurements 35mins earlier than usual so it might be due to a bit of 'extra water':think: . I'll see what happens next saturday.

Strength gains have definitely subsided over the past few weeks and I made very few strength gains this time around, but strength gains are strength gains none the less;) .

Next week I get mon and tue off work :woohoo: (both bank hols over here), so that'll be a few less calories burnt! Might translate into some gains next week:cool:. I've never taken part of a week off, it's always been either/or, so I'm interested to see what happens.

I recently watched a program on TV that says the average person can eat about 300g of fat on xmas day:blink: ; Bobo might need to stock up un the paracetamol for when all you cutters weigh in next week:lol: ! Have a good xmas everybody:) !

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Quick update: Finished all the weeks' workouts today. Strength has gone practically nowhere this week:blink: ! I made a 5lb increase on front squats, but they were a little light last time. The only other increase in work volume was sticking at the same weight for sets 2 and 3 on preacher curls, rather than a drop. All other lifts/weights were exactly the same!

Still, I've no idea what tomorrow's measurements will bring:think: .

I've read some of you guys have felt a little more sore than usual this week. I definitely concur:) ! My chest and back have been really sore. I'd guess it has something to do with the fact they were trained later in the week. All other bodyparts have the 'usual' amount of soreness;) .

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 21. Get ready for this;):

weight: 178.4lbs- up 1.8lbs
leg: 23 1/4''- up 1/4''
arm: 15 5-6/16''- up 1-2/16''
hips: 40''- up 3/16''
waist: 34 11/16''- up 3/16''

Holy growth, Batman!:jaw: I wasn't expecting this!

I had mon and tue this week off work so I thought I might gain a little weight. It seemed logical that I would store a little extra glycogen and perhaps add a bit of sub-q water (like most of us this holiday;)), both of which would disappear once I returned to work. I guess that's not happened just yet:think: . It seems the ENTIRE week's events contribute as a whole to what measurements are produced at the end:blink: .

I reckon there's some muscle gain in there too:thumbsup:, even though strength gains have basically stopped. Unlike when I last had some time off work, I've not noticed any decrease in vascularity/definition. Which is good:D .

If I am still storing a bit of glycogen/sub-q water, then I'll probably lose a little weight next week. Although I do have mon off next week too:woohoo: . I love bank holidays! Have to see what next week brings.

Stay tuned for 'episode 22' of bms0lsc's muscle building log!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
3 workouts completed so far this week. All satisfactory, nothing major going on:). I made 2 small strength increases, both on the very first set of my chest and tri workouts . However, subsequent sets further into the exercise saw a further drop in weight compared to last time and exercises later in the workout 'felt' harder. If my addition is correct, I'm not seeing any net increase in workout volume , despite a few weight increases:think:.

Bobo, just a quick question. How much sugar is acceptable in a bagel? I found some new ones but didn't know if I could use them. Thanks.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much is in them? As long as its not double digits it should be fine.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
7g of sugar. The ones I use now have 3g. Carb total is about an extra 5g, pro and fat are basically the same.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fine.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 22:

weight: 179.2lbs- up 0.8lbs
leg: 23 1/4''- no change
arm: 15 3/8''- up approx. 1/16''
hips: 40 3/16''- up 3/16''
waist: 34 11/16''- no change

Another surprising week! I was definitely expecting to lose weight as I had an extra day at work compared to last week! But I've gained weight:head:.

It's like I'm right on the cusp of growth, where any decrease in calories burnt allows me to gain weight, setting a new physiological 'baseline', which isn't removed when I start burning more calories again. If that makes any sense:blink: .

Nothing to speak of really in terms of strength gain this week. Apart from the ones mentioned earlier, I stuck at the same weight for sets 3 and 4 on lunges.....and that's it!

I've got a full week at work next week, six whole days:sad: ! So that will obviously be the real clincher in terms of what happens to my weight. I'm not making any predictions this time! It could be that because I'm restarting work bit by bit, less stress is being put on my body and it's adapting so I could remain the same next week:think: . I shall see what happens in 'leg 23' of this marathon :thumbsup:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well at this point you are up 15lbs since you started and your arm is up an inch and legs are about 2 inches so I defintly say you are doing...QUITE well ;)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Well at this point you are up 15lbs since you started and your arm is up an inch and legs are about 2 inches so I defintly say you are doing...QUITE well ;)
:dance: Oooh yeah! Bobosterone is great! It makes magic happen :thumbsup:!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Workout was a little later in the day today, so I had my pre w.o meal second instead of first. No big deal:).

I also had to do seated calf raises instead of standing calf raises because the machine was occupied. It was a bit wierd finding a suitable weight as I use a different cadence for each exercise and I decided to stick with the cadence listed for today. To save having the same problem on fri, I'll just do seated calf raises again (as scheduled) rather than standing.

No strength gains at all so far this week. I've also noticed lately that towards the end of the day, I seem to be getting very full. Usually I chow the meals down:D!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 23:

weight: 179.2lbs- no change
leg: 23 1/4''- no change
arm: 15 3/8''- no change
hips: 40 3/16''- no change
waist: 34 11/16''- no change

No changes to report this week. I was perhaps expecting a drop in weight/measurements with a full week back at work, but I'm glad I didn't see one:D .

In the end, I did make some strength gains this time round: A couple of 5lbs here and there on legs:cool: . With legs, I find it easy to tell if it's going to be a good workout or not right from the warmup, depending on how light the weight 'feels'. It was definitely the best workout of the week:thumbsup: .

As far as the mirror goes, nothing to report this week. I've been looking infinitely better recently:woohoo: , it's hard to explain how. Not 'bulkier' or 'rounder' but more full- if there's really a difference :think: . Like someone has swapped my 'size 8' tricep for a 'size 10' :lol: - thanks Bobo!

Anyway, onwards toward week 24. Time to go take my Bobosterone and have it work it's magic: 'Muscularium hypertrophica!!' **performs swish and flick motion with bagel in hand**;)