Awards
  • Established
End of week 115

Weight 197lbs- up 0.6lbs
Arm: 16 5/16'' – up 1/16''
Leg: 24 5/8’’ –no change
Waist: 35– up 1/16''
Hips: 41 11/16''– no change

Yay! Up this week:) . To some degree I've been expecting this, given my continued progression in the gym. I've had strength gains on 1 or 2 lifts as well as continued increase in stamina on others:cool: . HOWEVER, I did intentionally drop some of my lifts on leg day:whiner: ; squats and leg press to be precise. I definitely felt better for it so I'll keep those lifts where they are for now.

Diet is going well, as is appetite- except for mornings. When I used to train first thing, I could get down a pre w.o meal no problem, but I don't seem to be too successful with anything else:think: .

Not really any visual change this week. Even though this is the primary focus of my training, I'm not too concerned and don't expect to be able to notice every small gain:rolleyes: .

Looking forward to next week (or this week as it is now).

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 116

Weight 197lbs- –no change
Arm: 16 5/16'' – –no change
Waist: 35– –no change
Hips: 41 11/16''– –no change

No changes this time round. Pretty much the story with my lifts in the gym, too. Everything on that front is a little quiet:yawn: .

Diet continues to go well, and appetite is good:) .

No visual change to speak of this week. Less hair and more of a tan, but that's got nothing to do with my training efforts:eek: !

Looking forward to next week:) .

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
End of week 118

Weight 196.2lbs- –down 0.8lbs
Arm: 16 5/16'' – –no change
Hips: 41 5/8''–down 1/16''

So this is a 2 weeek update and there's a little to report. There were no changes last weekso the changes above all occured this past week. Can't say I'm concerned in the slightest really; weight is down but limbs remain as they were so it's all good:). Although I wish I knew WHY it was down- just the curiousity in me I suppose:eek:.

Strength is getting better too which is always a good sign. It all helps to reassure that things are progressing onwards and upwards:thumbsup:.

Diet has been good, as has appetite:food:.

Not much change visually, except a big(ger) cleft developing in my upper abs:cool:!

Technically I'm already half way through this week which hasn't been too great as I'm a little sick:nutkick:. Nothing major, just a sore throat, runny nose, headache etc. but I'm guessing it'll adversely affect my stats on saturday. We'll wait and see though.

On a side note concerning my new job: It's quite interesting because I get to test optential new medicines and a colleague of mine is working on a new compound that is entering phase I human trials (part of which is processing HUMAN feaces, urine and blood/plasma:sick:). Yes it is as bad as it sounds, especially when the fume cupboard is being used! Aaaanyway what caught my eye was the name of the drug in question; I can't remember it all as it was a fleeting glance at some papers, but it ended in -pifene or something like that.

Now when I saw this, I immediately thought of clomiphene and toremifene:eek:! I'm not saying for sure it was part of that drug family-there was no molecular structure or a passage on potential therapeutic use, so I'm just going on the name here. BUT, it looks like in 5-10 years there could be a new SERM on the market. Just thought I'd share as I thought it was pretty cool and that I might have something to do with it coming to market:p!

Looking forward to next week.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on your continued progress - wow 118 week long log!
Your job sounds very interesting.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Cheers silverSurfer! Yeah, my job is pretty interesting; once you get used to it, the necropsies are the best! j/k.

End of week 121

Weight 194lbs-down 2.2lbs
Arm: 16 3/16'' –down 1/8''
Leg: 24 1/2’’ –no change
Hips: 41 5/8''–no change

Wow, a 3 week update! Where does the time go!?

As you can see, I've lost a bit of weight/size:sad:. I've put it down (in part) to feeling a little under the weather; it's annoying because I used to work outside in the freezing cold with no probs, but now I work inside I feel as if I'm blowing my nose every 5mins:think:!

Fortunately, my gym work seems mostly unaffected:thumbsup:. A few strength/stamina increases, including good old db bp, which is always a good psychological boost. My leg workouts don't seem to be the best though. My legs always feel like they're burning, and I have dropped the weight a little further on a few lifts:frustrate.

Diet- weeeeell, it hasn't been great. My appetite has been negatively affected, meals are taking longer to finish and inevitably I'm not meeting my calorie requirements by the end of the day:trout:. So that's quite obviously contributed to my weightloss too.

Visually, the losses are apparant. It's not muscle loss, given my strength isn't affected, but it's still annoying. I actually wouldn't mind losses, if they came of my waist or hips though:rolleyes:. Yes, my J.Lo ass is is OFFICIALLY bugging me.

Next week, I'm taking a week off. Not because it's Christmas, but because I feel I need one. Hopefully I can recharge the batteries, and come back raring to go:bb:, possibly with a switch to my other workout plan.

Merry Christmas to all.

Looking forward to next week!

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
A very belated thankyou silverSurfer! I never seem to get any time online anymore!

End of week 124

Weight 192.6lbs-down 1.4lbs
Arm: 16 1/16'' –down 1/8''
Leg: 24 7/16’’ –down 1/16''
Waist: 34 7/8''– –down 1/8''
Hips: 41 1/2''–down 1/8''

So this is a 3 week update, after a week off and 2 weeks back. Actually, all these losses occured during my week off and as of yet I haven't put any of it back on:rolleyes:! I must be one of the only individuals to have lost weight over the holidays!

Coming back to the gym has been good:); there's always a certain amount of trepidation over how much strength I've lost, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Bi's and tri's have hardly budged and most other bodyparts seem to have retained a 'base' from which I can progress;). HOWEVER, I've noticed a few things: Leg exercises have suffered and all the 'big' leg exercises have seen around a 15lb drop! I was naturally disappointed with this but retrospectively, I feel I was pushing a little too hard with all the exercises and straying a little too close to failure-which has subsequently been corrected and is a reason for some of the drops in weight:frustrate.

Diet hasn't been as great as it should be I'm afraid:(. When taking a week off I usually follow a tuesday (off day) meal plan every day, but this time I followed a saturday (off day) meal plan which has the egg/mozz meal missing. And since then, my stomach seems to have shrunk and my appetite isn't as good as it should be:sad:.

Visually I do look smaller, but I sincerely feel I've lost some fat too:p! The closest I've come to cardio is using my uncle's in-line skates on Christmas day and falling flat on my ass, but I don't think that would've helped much:eek:!

Looking forward to next week.