LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Week 3 and forward is really when I started to notice results to kick in.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Always nice when people see your progress!! Glad things are going well for you! On your knee-have you even done any rolling or anything on your quad/IT band? Sometimes the pain can also be from tight muscles pulling things out of alignment.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Day 15 -

Still dosing 3/3 Load with breakfast and lunch, 3/3 Vector pre workout and pre bed. I've noticed that most days I'll wake up and feel great when I look in the mirror, other days .. not so much. It's funny, just yesterday I was admiring my gains and today I just felt disappointed.. though not going to lie today I felt bloated and was, frankly, gassy. Can't attribute it to the supps but I haven't anything out of the ordinary either. Just one of those days I suppose?

Chest/Back/Shoulder focus day, 8-10 rep range. Oh boy oh boy, gym was relatively empty, did 8 supersets back to back, probably rested under 90 seconds during this bout (might be an exaggeration in reality but the only real breaks I had was setting up the next exercises for myself). Muscular and cardiovascular endurance seem to be up, mind you it would be unwise to attribute all of this to supplements, I have been working on my endurance for a good 10+ weeks now with tabata and intensity techniques... but there's definitely an extra edge I have started to feel since their inclusion.

If I had to put it in numbers I would probably say that Vector/Load contributed to 25-30% of the progression in endurance I've experienced over the last couple of weeks..that is by no means a small contribution!

As for the pump... well, this is usually the position I sleep in (attached), tonight all I could feel was my lats and inner back all the way down to my lower back muscles feeling FULL AF. I think Load might be responsible for this but Vector also has GDA properties so.. either way, feels great, just not when you want to sleep, but that's the alpha life ;)

Attachments

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Always nice when people see your progress!! Glad things are going well for you! On your knee-have you even done any rolling or anything on your quad/IT band? Sometimes the pain can also be from tight muscles pulling things out of alignment.
I haven't, if I'm being completely honest it didn't even occur to me that that could be the cause of it, especially considering that the pain only comes about if I put substantial load on it. Thanks for pointing that out ! Might have bands in the gym but the roller is broken and they're supposed to get a replacement. Are there any stretches/band movements you would recommend to remedy this?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't, if I'm being completely honest it didn't even occur to me that that could be the cause of it, especially considering that the pain only comes about if I put substantial load on it. Thanks for pointing that out ! Might have bands in the gym but the roller is broken and they're supposed to get a replacement. Are there any stretches/band movements you would recommend to remedy this?
You’d be surprised how often tight muscles are the culprit for pain (ie forearms/elbow pain, sciatic/piriformis...) You could do some yoga type poses with or without bands such as the pigeon pose to help stretch things out. You could always buy one to keep at home. They’re typically less than $15. Tennis balls & lacrosse balls also get the job done if you have one of those.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Day 16 -

Wait, what just happened? Arm day today, weights are up significantly from the last 8-10 rep cycle three weeks ago. Blasted through 14 supersets, 3 giant sets and 16 minutes of tabata in under 45 minutes. I don't think I rested at all between sets (except a minute between the tabata bouts and whatever time it took to move on to the next exercises). The weights barely put a dent in my stamina, truth be told I was left wanting for more volume from this workout.

Hanzo is no more.. I am SCORPION!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On a side note.. what is this powdery residue in the Vector tub? Normal ? Should I lick clean for optimal gains ? Haha
I'll have to open the Vector I have and see if it is the same. Its probably just the ingredients of Vector, or more probably the filler.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll have to open the Vector I have and see if it is the same. Its probably just the ingredients of Vector, or more probably the filler.
This. Nothing to worry about.

But you should probably lick the bottle if you want the full effect;) haha

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Day 17 -

Leg day, weights are up from last 8-10 rep cycle, felt lighter and could have gone heavier but my confidence in my knee wasn't at its usual today so decided it might be better to hold back a little.

Day 18 -

Feeling strong, chest, back and shoulders today. Weights significantly heavier than three weeks ago, got a little winded this time trying to go non stop. Still a pretty good workout.

Day 19 -

Another awesome arm day. Felt a little bloated today but that's probably the KFC I binged on last night (moment of weakness). Still feeling nice and full but haven't noticed a whole lot of fat loss past what I can account for with my diet and workouts. Maybe I should drop calories back down? Suggestions ?

Ps. I finally made peace with my macros ...

20190824_015858.jpg

(pun intended)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 16 -

Wait, what just happened? Arm day today, weights are up significantly from the last 8-10 rep cycle three weeks ago. Blasted through 14 supersets, 3 giant sets and 16 minutes of tabata in under 45 minutes. I don't think I rested at all between sets (except a minute between the tabata bouts and whatever time it took to move on to the next exercises). The weights barely put a dent in my stamina, truth be told I was left wanting for more volume from this workout.

Hanzo is no more.. I am SCORPION!
Heck yeah!! Things are really kicking in now!! Good stuff!!

On a side note.. what is this powdery residue in the Vector tub? Normal ? Should I lick clean for optimal gains ? Haha
It looks like one of them may have leaked a little. Definitely lick the tub! Haha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Diet looks on point as well!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would drop that fat some, and raise the carbs, or drop the carbs and raise the fat. Doing either of those will help with fat loss, or are least the minimum minimize fat gain.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would drop that fat some, and raise the carbs,
This 100%, especially if you are trying to utilize a GDA to its full benefits.
What is your fat and carb #s? It doesn't show

and how are you outlining your dietary meals?

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This 100%, especially if you are trying to utilize a GDA to its full benefits.
What is your fat and carb #s? It doesn't show

and how are you outlining your dietary meals?
More or less my Carbs are at 220-250 (75-100 are the only sugars; fruit and a spoon of honey in the morning with my oats), Fat 90-100, and the rest is protein (Aim for around 220 but I usually cross that by 20-40 grams).

I split the 6 cap serving of Load into 3/3 with breakfast (about 100 grams carbs, 50 protein, 30 fat) and lunch (another 100 carbs, 20-30 fat, 50-60 protein) . Hit the gym 3 hours after this with 3 caps Vector in the evening, and 60g whey Pwo.

Carbs taper off towards the evening usually have a steak for dinner or throw in mixed nuts with chicken for a higher fat to carb ratio). Last vector serving pre bed with some aminos leftover from the gym.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
More or less my Carbs are at 220-250 (75-100 are the only sugars; fruit and a spoon of honey in the morning with my oats), Fat 90-100, and the rest is protein (Aim for around 220 but I usually cross that by 20-40 grams).

I split the 6 cap serving of Load into 3/3 with breakfast (about 100 grams carbs, 50 protein, 30 fat) and lunch (another 100 carbs, 20-30 fat, 50-60 protein) . Hit the gym 3 hours after this with 3 caps Vector in the evening, and 60g whey Pwo.

Carbs taper off towards the evening usually have a steak for dinner or throw in mixed nuts with chicken for a higher fat to carb ratio). Last vector serving pre bed with some aminos leftover from the gym.
Why not try to see how you respond with 300-350g of carbs and lower fat?
Can't hurt if calories are consistent. You may find some better performance, endurance, and recovery out of it. But everyone is different when it comes to macro set-ups, and what sources they digest best. If you have that much to play with you could split things up more evenly throughout the day and do 2/2/2 with the LOAD, but again many factors just depend on how you want to set things up.

I think you do what like 4-5 meals? So that leaves 3 meals carbless and 2 meals very heavy (100g). You can correct me if I am wrong. I still don't see why you have no carbs post-workout. That would be a very opportune time to do so with your whey since insulin sensitivity is very high after resistance training. You don't need to rush that meal since you train later and there will be food overlapping.

So you could do

Breakfast - 100g Carbs
Lunch - 100g of carbs
Post WO - 100g of carbs
Trace from veggies in other meals

and then lower the fat evenly among your meals and keep protein steady

Or you could try 75/75/50/100 spread out among your meals

It is really a feel thing with anyone on how they respond, feel, and how they are digesting the sources/macros they setup

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can't hurt if calories are consistent. You may find some better performance, endurance, and recovery out of it. But everyone is different when it comes to macro set-ups, and what sources they digest best. If you have that much to play with you could split things up more evenly throughout the day and do 2/2/2 with the LOAD, but again many factors just depend on how you want to set things up.

I think you do what like 4-5 meals? So that leaves 3 meals carbless and 2 meals very heavy (100g). You can correct me if I am wrong. I still don't see why you have no carbs post-workout. That would be a very opportune time to do so with your whey since insulin sensitivity is very high after resistance training. You don't need to rush that meal since you train later and there will be food overlapping.

So you could do

Breakfast - 100g Carbs
Lunch - 100g of carbs
Post WO - 100g of carbs

It is really a feel thing with anyone on how they respond, feel, and how they are digesting the sources/macros they setup
Good advice.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote

So you could do

Breakfast - 100g Carbs
Lunch - 100g of carbs
Post WO - 100g of carbs

First off, thank you for taking the time out to help and write all that, it is genuinely appreciated :)

My carbs are more like 100/100/0/50, protein consistent at 50-60g each meal and fat fluctuates a bit but always lands up near the 90-100 mark.

I only get two meals in before my workout (breakfast and lunch) and I feel the effects more when I split 3/3, a lot of people also said there wouldnt be much point taking a GDA with dinner after a workout either. So I set things up so that I make the most of LOAD before going in to my workout.

If I'm not wrong, even whey protein pwo causes a significant insulin spike, so I would just save the rest of my carbs for dinner which follows a couple hours after. But if I have more carbs to play with then I could spread them out more yes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First off, thank you for taking the time out to help and write all that, it is genuinely appreciated :)

My carbs are more like 100/100/0/50, protein consistent at 50-60g each meal and fat fluctuates a bit but always lands up near the 90-100 mark.

I only get two meals in before my workout (breakfast and lunch) and I feel the effects more when I split 3/3, a lot of people also said there wouldnt be much point taking a GDA with dinner after a workout either. So I set things up so that I make the most of LOAD before going in to my workout.

If I'm not wrong, even whey protein pwo causes a significant insulin spike, so I would just save the rest of my carbs for dinner which follows a couple hours after. But if I have more carbs to play with then I could spread them out more yes.
I don’t see why you would not have carbs post workout when it’s the best opportune time to ingest them. Insulin sensitive is very high due to resistance training. The body is primed for glycogen replenishment. Your statement of Whey spiking insulin doesn’t matter, spiking insulin was debunked in the 90’s for any merit. Your not an endurance athlete, your not someone who is training multiple times a day when insulin spiking may (key word may) have an significance.

You have food overlapping each meal you eat, but you may as well time your carbs at the best possible situations (pre and post) when the body can utilize them best. If you don’t want to that's up to you.

Just my 2 cents I would build my carbs pre and post first before going to other meals

Last edited:
Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I don’t see why you would not have carbs post workout when it’s the best opportune time to ingest them. Insulin sensitive is very high due to resistance training. The body is primed for glycogen replenishment. Your statement of Whey spiking insulin doesn’t matter, spiking insulin was debunked in the 90’s for any merit. Your not an endurance athlete, your not someone who is training multiple times a day when insulin spiking may (key word may) have an significance.

You have food overlapping each meal you eat, but you may as well time your carbs at the best possible situations (pre and post) when the body can utilize them best. If you don’t want to that's up to you.

Just my 2 cents I would build my carbs pre and post first before going to other meals
What do you mean by food overlapping?

Advice heard, loud and clear! It's Monday morning right now, meals prepped for a 35/35/30 percent split in macros, 80g Carbs for breakfast, 100g preworkout and another 100g post. Fat intake down to 70 grams from 100 and Protein is a consistent 50-60g per meal.

I'll be taking my supps the same way 3/3 Load with the first two meals, 3/3 Vector preworkout and pre bed. Bring on Week 4!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What do you mean by food overlapping?

Advice heard, loud and clear! It's Monday morning right now, meals prepped for a 35/35/30 percent split in macros, 80g Carbs for breakfast, 100g preworkout and another 100g post. Fat intake down to 70 grams from 100 and Protein is a consistent 50-60g per meal.

I'll be taking my supps the same way 3/3 Load with the first two meals, 3/3 Vector preworkout and pre bed. Bring on Week 4!
Food overlapping = You eat multiple meals per day, you are always going to have food still digesting from the previous meal. Hence why insulin spiking is ruled out, now if you were an endurance athlete or training in a 24+ hour fasted state as most research shows on insulin spiking then it would be a different story. Your pre-workout meal is still going to be digesting into the post-workout window (or period). Spiking insulin or not the post-workout meal is always going to be a great time to eat carbs given how insulin sensitive the body is. Since you feed your body so many times in a 24 hour period (and most likely use an intra-workout beverage with amino acids) you are constantly elevated MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis).

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still rocking with you!

I have tried many different methods of utilizing carbs.
- Some in the morning and some after the gym.
- Some in the morning and some pre.
- Before and after workout.

Really just have to find what works best with your schedule and body but I will say that I find I have much better body composition results if I do carbs before and after the gym. With that being said just recently ive been doing like 20gms carbs with my first meal as I was using berberine, 40gms carbs pre and 40gms carbs post.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Day 22 -

Reps are up this week, managed to bang out more on heavier weights (what I used for 9-10 reps on Week 1 I'm now hitting for 12-15). Didn't have that insane stamina today, which is odd because I was well rested, well fed and ready to go, but rests were still significantly shorter than before and I decided to focus more on the contractions and squeezes than the actual movements today. Good workout overall.

I've noticed that I have good pumps in the gym but nothing AMAZING like some people claim to get on a GDA. I think I might play with my Load dosing and carbs next week (might bump up the pre-workout carbs and take a full 6 cap serving instead of a 3/3 split) and see how that treats me.

On a sidenote, this bloating seems to be happening more often than not. Pants felt tighter today, with my dad and a work colleague commenting on how I seem to be "putting on weight". Now I know I actually look a little bit leaner under these clothes than I did a couple weeks ago, but what gives? I'm bloated AF. Am I carb loading into my abs and ass!?

Yes, I am taking more fibre than I used to a month ago, but considering it's been that long and my intake has only been bumped from 10-15 to 20-25 grams I don't see how that could be the culprit. The kinds of food I eat haven't changed either. Hate to say it but my post lunch dump wasn't all that "solid" either. I've been on Load for almost a month now and this has only started happening in the last few days, so I cannot definitively attribute it to that either.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I ended up with a 35/40/25 Macro split today instead of the intended 35/35/30.

Last edited:
Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Still rocking with you!

I have tried many different methods of utilizing carbs.
- Some in the morning and some after the gym.
- Some in the morning and some pre.
- Before and after workout.

Really just have to find what works best with your schedule and body but I will say that I find I have much better body composition results if I do carbs before and after the gym. With that being said just recently ive been doing like 20gms carbs with my first meal as I was using berberine, 40gms carbs pre and 40gms carbs post.
Good to have you back on the thread !

100 grams total doesn't sound like a lot, are you going low carb? Wouldn't it be better to up the carbs and take full advantage of the berberine?

Figuring it out as I move forward in this run. Recomp was not progressing the way I would like it to so I took The Solution's advice and swapped out a significant amount of fat for more carbs. Fingers crossed that that does the trick. Then I just need to figure out the best way to schedule them, a little trial and error over the next few weeks and we should be moving full steam ahead!

Currently pushing 80-100g Carbs for breakfast, lunch and PWO meal each. If I'm not satisfied with composition progress in the next couple weeks I'll try 125-150g pre and post workout and get in the remaining 50 or so grams in breakfast or dinner.

Decided not to bump calories for a couple of weeks (Been bumping up 100 calories every week) till I've sorted out my macro ratios and more importantly, timing. Don't need another variable skewing things right now.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To enhance pumps, pour some salt into your hand pre gym, and consume. As for bloat, play with the fiber, lower it again.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
To enhance pumps, pour some salt into your hand pre gym, and consume. As for bloat, play with the fiber, lower it again.
That's a new one (to me anyway 😁). How much are we talking, the amount you'd take with a shot of tequila or a couple grams ?

As for dropping fibre, wouldn't that inhibit proper digestion of all this food I'm chomping down on ?

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Day 22 -

Reps are up this week, managed to bang out more on heavier weights (what I used for 9-10 reps on Week 1 I'm now hitting for 12-15). Didn't have that insane stamina today, which is odd because I was well rested, well fed and ready to go, but rests were still significantly shorter than before and I decided to focus more on the contractions and squeezes than the actual movements today. Good workout overall.

I've noticed that I have good pumps in the gym but nothing AMAZING like some people claim to get on a GDA. I think I might play with my Load dosing and carbs next week (might bump up the pre-workout carbs and take a full 6 cap serving instead of a 3/3 split) and see how that treats me.

On a sidenote, this bloating seems to be happening more often than not. Pants felt tighter today, with my dad and a work colleague commenting on how I seem to be "putting on weight". Now I know I actually look a little bit leaner under these clothes than I did a couple weeks ago, but what gives? I'm bloated AF. Am I carb loading into my abs and ass!?

Yes, I am taking more fibre than I used to a month ago, but considering it's been that long and my intake has only been bumped from 10-15 to 20-25 grams I don't see how that could be the culprit. The kinds of food I eat haven't changed either. Hate to say it but my post lunch dump wasn't all that "solid" either. I've been on Load for almost a month now and this has only started happening in the last few days, so I cannot definitively attribute it to that either.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I ended up with a 35/40/25 Macro split today instead of the intended 35/35/30.
Vector made me bloated AF

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's a new one (to me anyway ). How much are we talking, the amount you'd take with a shot of tequila or a couple grams ?

As for dropping fibre, wouldn't that inhibit proper digestion of all this food I'm chomping down on ?
Fiber itself actually inhibits protein and nutrient absorption to a degree. Fiber is not necessary to have a bowl movement. Fiber will increase bloat. I minimize fiber in my life, and I am regular, have minimal bloat

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Could be that it also encourages the production of gut protein, but it would be better to hear from a BLR rep on this .
I don't recall myself being bloated when I ran vector. I will be running again soon, so I'll find out for myself.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And I'm talking minimum a few grams of salt pre workout.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't recall myself being bloated when I ran vector. I will be running again soon, so I'll find out for myself.
I don't recall that either when I ran it but everyone reacts differently.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There’s so many things that could effect bloat that it may be hard to pinpoint (hydration, mineral balance, food sources, etc.).

Considering you did up your fiber recently that could be a possible culprit. You could lower it a tad and see if that helps. Over the long term you could still shoot to get it up higher, as you aren’t hitting the general recommended amounts even at your higher level yet.

You could check this out (quote with particular emphasis due to your situation) for more info and possible help: https://3dmusclejourney.com/how-to-use-fiber-when-dieting/

This is just a rough guideline and will vary from person to person, but it gives us a good place to start. If you are someone who is currently under-eating fiber, and feel you need to increase your consumption, do so slowly. You don’t want to go from consuming 10 grams per day, straight to consuming 30 grams/day, as this could cause some of those negative unwanted side-effects we talked about. Add fiber in slowly (5 to 7 grams at a time, giving your body time to acclimate, and seeing how it responds).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There’s so many things that could effect bloat that it may be hard to pinpoint (hydration, mineral balance, food sources, etc.).

Considering you did up your fiber recently that could be a possible culprit. You could lower it a tad and see if that helps. Over the long term you could still shoot to get it up higher, as you aren’t hitting the general recommended amounts even at your higher level yet.

You could check this out (quote with particular emphasis due to your situation) for more info and possible help: https://3dmusclejourney.com/how-to-use-fiber-when-dieting/
Agree

OP could also be eating a source all along he never realized is a culprit but continues to eat it. We are all guilty of it when it comes to digestion and proper absorption. The easiest way is to figure out when the OP Get's bloated, think back to what meal is it, and then look at what is contained in that meal. Try to play the process of an elimination game. First shoot for items that are higher in FODMAP (not always the case, but for a large majority that is the issue).

Eat a meal, wait 20-30 minutes, see how it sits, and then if it digests fine to continue to the next one until you find out where in your day it starts to sit hard on you, and then look back and re-evaluate. You could eat a source that is deemed healthy but simply doesn't agree with you, but you never really paid attention to it over the years/months you have been eating.

Hell, I have had some clients who found out banana's, coffee, and whole eggs were huge culprits. We would tend to overlook these things until you diagnose a meal or source further on a day to day basis. You could always get a sensitivity test if you wanna shell out the money, but it's better to just play an experiment and see if you can fix it yourself.

Could be a lot of things as resolve stated (Stress, sleep, hydration), give it a few days, see if you can further diagnose the issue if all other things are consistent, and then try and come to a resolution.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in to follow. nice log so far!
Love me some Vector.
Ready for my busy season to be over so I can hit the gym consistently and get back in the kitchen more.
Got 3 bottles of Vector waiting....
Been taking only my Folli for the last 3 months.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad you’re enjoying your progress! You had many great suggestions on the bloating and I think they pretty much covered all of the areas I would have suggested to look into!

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Day 23 -

So that thing I said yesterday about not getting amazing pumps? Scratch that, 100g carbs from fettuccine and 3 caps of Load.. Boom ! Pasta Pumps for dayss!

I'm going to have less carbs from pasta and more from another source tomorrow to see if its the bump in carbs or if pasta has magical properties. Lol.

Bloating was a bit better today. I had a look into high FODMAP foods and the only thing in my diet from that is the cows milk I make my oats in. Put less milk in tomorrows batch to see if that's the culprit but I should mention that I woke up feeling bloated that day.

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions, this is my first log on AM, the support has been amazing so far ✌🏽

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm in to follow. nice log so far!
Love me some Vector.
Ready for my busy season to be over so I can hit the gym consistently and get back in the kitchen more.
Got 3 bottles of Vector waiting....
Been taking only my Folli for the last 3 months.
Cheers! Appreciate the support :)

Folli is easily my favourite supplement so far. If Vector acts anything like Follidrone then the next few weeks are where I would expect to see some real changes start to happen, especially considering I'm more on point with my diet than I was then.

Back then I prioritised protein and ate carbs and fat intuitively . And I drank a lot more often. Despite that and not having access to a gym with barbells, or dumbbells bigger than 45 lbs, Follidrone really shined.

On a side note, a lot of people claim Vector makes their appetite go up. Ironically it was Folli that made me ravenous, especially the first two weeks. Vector hasn't affected my appetite so far.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Quick question; I recieved a tub of Xtend, opened the seal and it was clumpy, probably caused by the humidity we have here during monsoons. Does moisture degrade or denature bcaas in powder form?

Attachments

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheers! Appreciate the support :)

Folli is easily my favourite supplement so far. If Vector acts anything like Follidrone then the next few weeks are where I would expect to see some real changes start to happen, especially considering I'm more on point with my diet than I was then.

Back then I prioritised protein and ate carbs and fat intuitively . And I drank a lot more often. Despite that and not having access to a gym with barbells, or dumbbells bigger than 45 lbs, Follidrone really shined.

On a side note, a lot of people claim Vector makes their appetite go up. Ironically it was Folli that made me ravenous, especially the first two weeks. Vector hasn't affected my appetite so far.
Folli is a staple for me.
With Vector my craving for carbs was high. I had to feed the monster. This is why I have to have plenty of time to hit the gym when I use Vector. otherwise I'm afraid I would just get fatter.
Vector is my go to Bulk supp. I dosed 2/2/2. (From what I have read 3/3 works just as good. I packed on around 15 lbs in 12 weeks and only added 1/2" to my waist. of course my endurance was great with all the carbs I was eating. I could hit the gym for 2 plus hrs. 4 times a week. even at 56 years old.
let me see if I can find my before and after pics.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All I could find was at the 6 week point. start pic on the left. sorry tried to take the pics in the same place and same distance. I have to blame this one on the wifey!

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I read this but how would I effectively measure moisture levels? Do they refer to the moisture level found in the supplement or are they referring to the surrounding atmosphere?

The powder has not hardened together, it is easily separable with a blunt object, and still mixes without any clumps. Both seals were still intact before opening so I'm assuming some level of denaturing might have taken place but the powder should still hold its efficacy for the most of it?

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Folli is a staple for me.
With Vector my craving for carbs was high. I had to feed the monster. This is why I have to have plenty of time to hit the gym when I use Vector. otherwise I'm afraid I would just get fatter.
Vector is my go to Bulk supp. I dosed 2/2/2. (From what I have read 3/3 works just as good. I packed on around 15 lbs in 12 weeks and only added 1/2" to my waist. of course my endurance was great with all the carbs I was eating. I could hit the gym for 2 plus hrs. 4 times a week. even at 56 years old.
let me see if I can find my before and after pics.

Your log was one of the first that I read through when considering starting my own with Vector. 15 lbs is no joke and your muscles not only look bigger but thicker and fuller 12 weeks later. Kudos to you !

I'm not shooting for any massive gains like 15lbs (maybe next time!), my primary goal this cycle is recomp so I ideally want to put on / preserve as much muscle while getting leaner. That's not to say that I'm not eating above my usual maintenance, but I believe a lot of the excess gets set off with the glucose management and enhanced anabolism. I'm halfway through Week 4 and my muscles are feeling bigger and fuller, I'm slightly down in BF (from what I can see in the mirror) but I have experienced more leaning out around my arms/chest/shoulders than my midsection. Considering putting the yohimbine in the Hydroxycut I have to work for this purpose from next week, the added chlorogenic acid might also enhance the GDA effect. I recently ran Hydroxy for 8 weeks so I know what to expect from it, think it might work synergistically with the other two for recomp purposes. Thoughts?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I read this but how would I effectively measure moisture levels? Do they refer to the moisture level found in the supplement or are they referring to the surrounding atmosphere?

The powder has not hardened together, it is easily separable with a blunt object, and still mixes without any clumps. Both seals were still intact before opening so I'm assuming some level of denaturing might have taken place but the powder should still hold its efficacy for the most of it?
After posting that article, I thought about all the ready to drink protein drinks for sale. There is an example of amino acids being in a state of complete moisture, and they are consumed all the time. Your amino acids should me okay to consume. Wouldn't put too much stock into it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All I could find was at the 6 week point. start pic on the left. sorry tried to take the pics in the same place and same distance. I have to blame this one on the wifey!
Definitely could tell mid section is slimmed down.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your log was one of the first that I read through when considering starting my own with Vector. 15 lbs is no joke and your muscles not only look bigger but thicker and fuller 12 weeks later. Kudos to you !

I'm not shooting for any massive gains like 15lbs (maybe next time!), my primary goal this cycle is recomp so I ideally want to put on / preserve as much muscle while getting leaner. That's not to say that I'm not eating above my usual maintenance, but I believe a lot of the excess gets set off with the glucose management and enhanced anabolism. I'm halfway through Week 4 and my muscles are feeling bigger and fuller, I'm slightly down in BF (from what I can see in the mirror) but I have experienced more leaning out around my arms/chest/shoulders than my midsection. Considering putting the yohimbine in the Hydroxycut I have to work for this purpose from next week, the added chlorogenic acid might also enhance the GDA effect. I recently ran Hydroxy for 8 weeks so I know what to expect from it, think it might work synergistically with the other two for recomp purposes. Thoughts?
Sounds to me that you are on track for a great recomp. Vector made my hunger increase. So for me personally it is great for a bulk.
I don't use stim fat burners. I consume too much coffee throughout the day. Don't want to have a heart attack!

When I want to cut a little or recomp I add Letrone to my Folli. This works great for me. I don't have to cut my cals much and still gradually lose fat.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sounds to me that you are on track for a great recomp. Vector made my hunger increase. So for me personally it is great for a bulk.
I don't use stim fat burners. I consume too much coffee throughout the day. Don't want to have a heart attack!

When I want to cut a little or recomp I add Letrone to my Folli. This works great for me. I don't have to cut my cals much and still gradually lose fat.
My recomp so far has been up and down. Looked in the mirror today, definitely a feel good day. I feel like there have been a lot of days I'll wake up and not be satisfied with what I see though since starting this log. Maybe it's a psychological thing but I feel like I'm visibly worse than the day before some days.

Man where I live BLR, and dozens of others aren't stocked. Customs are ****, it would be a real shame if I ordered supps from the US and never got to see them so I never risk it. I'll be getting a new batch (thinking Folli, Letrone and maybe Anabolic Effect or a GDA) in November for my next run. Long story short, can't get my hands on any Letrone right now lol, so Hydroxycut will have to do.

I'm a bit of a stim junkie, high threshold, a clinical 1000mg of caffiene anhydrous does nothing notable for me, the only supp that I ever didn't go full serving on in my life is Dorian Yates Black Bombs, pushed my heartbeat into overdrive. At this point I'm wondering if I should throw in an EC stack , while I don't want to bum anyone here out and skew the results, I am chasing a goal here, maximum recomp before my wedding.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1g caffeine does nothing for you? That's intense. I'm afraid of 400mg or more in a pre workout. Have you tried stacking Teacrine with caffeine? It's a great synergistic stimulant stack.