best nootropics for school

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So, Kingdong thinks he is a sexy man, and Kingdong whants to get a girlfriend, but when Kingdong walked into school, they basically told him that he woulld have too mu homework to have a life. So list some good nootropics so I can be less stressed about school. Please use a little detail on how they affect you.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
lucidrol and phenibut, dont use the pheni everyday tho but lucidrol is ok. no stim in lucidrol but rediculous focus and seemingly increased brain capacity i guess, idk makes my brain feel tuned i guess. and the phenibut reduces anxiety so u can get ur **** done without being stressed but i wouldnt use the phenibut more than 2 times per week but thats just me. also good ginseng is what i am trying next which should compliment the lucidrol nicely for even more focus and cognitive enhancement. some other things would be focus XT which is good. centroxiphine, choline and piracetam is another good combo. just try one out and find what works for u because like anything everyone responds differently

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i like focus-xt as well. you could buy all the ingredients separately, but why?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Where can I get lucidrol, and how does it affect you socially? I am aware that it may not work the same on me. Personally, ALCAR puts me in a bad mood.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I ran a nootropic log awhile back with a variety of them and mixing and matching as well as playing around with different dosing. I found the best ot be 1/2-1 scoop of Focus xt, with 60mg of ginkgo biloba on the side.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut is not a noot.

Theanine, picamilon and PAS have similar properties but are considered noots (enhance cognitive function). Do not use phenibut as a noot at all.

Piracetam/choline at 10:1 is a standard noot. The best choline source either citicoline (my vote) or alpha-GPC. Both are expensive.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bulk subitiamine,(spelling) its a b-1 analog that works wonders

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, plus the flavoring system of focus xt is amazing.
I wish I felt what everyone seems to feel on this stuff. I bought two tubs, and I'm about a quarter the way through the first one, but I'm not really feeling it. I seem to feel more mental energy taking 4g of ALCAR alone.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I'm on a no caffeine diet, so focus-xt is not an option for me, although I bet it's great.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Piracetam/choline at 10:1 is a standard noot. The best choline source either citicoline (my vote) or alpha-GPC. Both are expensive.
I thought piracetam choline was supposed to be taken at a 3:1 or possibley even 2:1 ratio.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I personally would recommend giving Piracetam+Choline a try. Both are very easy to dose and neither seem to have a problem with increasing the doses.

As for Lucidrol. I don't know, to me it felt like the equivalent to a caffeine pill, as in, you take it "when you need to", which seemed rather annoying when you don't feel like popping pills in the middle of the class. And overall the effects were not really constant, and seemed to vary depending on how you feel that day. So if you are tired to begin with, it didn't seem to help at all. But in cases where you had a good day to begin with it seemed rather useless. So overall it felt like a bit "meh".

I personally would recommend something like Piracetam, a product that you use daily, so there is that actual gradual improvement occurring as well, not just a "You take it now, but you will feel the same way you did the following hour or day".

I would also recommend looking through the ingredients of products like Focus-XT, and just buy those things separately, since you don't want the added caffeine.

GABA, L-Tyrosine, PEA, 5-HTP, Huperzine A, Vinpocetine, DMAE, Ginkgo Biloba

Also look into some stimulants as well, preferably not ones that are just caffeine-oriented, since they can cause the crash effect...Feeling ****ty + studying = :(

Right now I am taking White Flood, a pre-workout product, and that's mostly just for it's nootropic ingredients and the stimulant effect. It sure does help studying and being in a long lecture, when you are actually bright and awake. So yeah, nootropics alone can only do so much, don't forget that you need to be wide awake to actually take advantage of their effects...as in, if you are late studying into the night, you will need to stay awake as well, having sharp attention and focus will not always help.

Cyplex

Awards
I personally like using Aniracetam with some choline.

propho

Awards
  • Established
fish oil.. good for the brain and everything else..

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
re-flavored version of Somnidren GH just hitting Nutraplanet now :).

perfect as a drink or as a sublingual powder. Now better tasting, less hygroscopic, and also standardized to 99% L-Dopa and has absolutely ZERO carbohydrates to avoid any interference with GH release.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The right amount of PEA feels like your lost in your material and you can't get out. I've never experienced that with any other product. Best study aid i've ever used to date and i've tried it ALL.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
re-flavored version of Somnidren GH just hitting Nutraplanet now :).

perfect as a drink or as a sublingual powder. Now better tasting, less hygroscopic, and also standardized to 99% L-Dopa and has absolutely ZERO carbohydrates to avoid any interference with GH release.
Wont that put me to sleep though?

davidl351

Awards
i've gone through about 30g of piracetam with a dosing protocol of 1g piracetam:6g lecithin and have experienced zilch. perhaps it's the choline source, so after i'm done with the lecithin, i plan on switching to choline citrate.

i've noticed that betaine anydrous (TMG or trimethylglycine) improves my focus during lectures. i also take L-tyrosine, which i'm currently assessing as a pre-workout. ALCAR is another one of my supps, and i feel i have better motivation/focus with it. not to mention ALCAR is just plain good for overall health.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
i've gone through about 30g of piracetam with a dosing protocol of 1g piracetam:6g lecithin and have experienced zilch. perhaps it's the choline source, so after i'm done with the lecithin, i plan on switching to choline citrate.
Have you tried increasing the piracetam dosage? From what I have read people usually start with 3 grams. See if that helps, it is pretty easy to increase doses with piracetam. I personally ended up taking 9 grams morning and night, so that was like 18 grams just per day.

Not sure about Lecithin, but Choline definitely felt like a nice combo with piracetam.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I thought piracetam choline was supposed to be taken at a 3:1 or possibley even 2:1 ratio.
It depends on the person and the choline source. Choline citrate may not be a bad move at 3:1. 2:1 is a bit high.

I find I need bulk piracetam 5-10g for a noticeable difference.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks very much.

The article above is written by a hardcore noots user. All classic features are there except piracetam is usually pharmaceutical grade.

Thus PAS, fish oil, piracetam, CDP choline (citicoline) and so on...

The poster is using 5:1 piracetam to choline. A trendy noots user will use krill oil instead of fish oil.

I do use Lion's mane and the write up JudoJosh posted for this noots guy is great:

"Lion's mane is a mushroom that has been used for centuries in the east to enhance the nervous system. Recently it has been discovered that this is because lion's mane increases the production of Nerve Growth Factor. NGF is responsible for determining the rate at which new brain cells are produced. A Nobel Prize was awarded for this discovery because no other substance is known to cross the blood-brain barrier and stimulate the production of NGF. Six months of supplementation with lion's mane is proven to produce a significant improvement in nearly every measure of mental function in people with dementia. In a literal sense, you have more brains when you supplement with lion's mane. NOBEL-FREAKING-PRIZE. Don't underestimate it."

davidl351

Awards
Have you tried increasing the piracetam dosage? From what I have read people usually start with 3 grams. See if that helps, it is pretty easy to increase doses with piracetam. I personally ended up taking 9 grams morning and night, so that was like 18 grams just per day.

Not sure about Lecithin, but Choline definitely felt like a nice combo with piracetam.
the first week i tried to saturate myself by dosing it 3g/3x a day. the following two weeks, i did 2g/2x a day. i went through my tub of lecithin so fast during the first week and now i'm almost out. that's when i'll be making my switch to CC.

though... i'm really thinking about capping piracetam because of its taste. and i still have 1.65kg left too...

davidl351

Awards
It depends on the person and the choline source. Choline citrate may not be a bad move at 3:1. 2:1 is a bit high.

I find I need bulk piracetam 5-10g for a noticeable difference.
do you think super dosing on choline (specifically lecithin) may interfere with piracetam's effects?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I am currently usin piracitam, lecethin, sulbutamine and alcar. Best results are on empty stomach and the effects are subtle and build up gradually in time......I'd say very noticeable after a month.

LoveMeSexy

Awards
Lucidral did zilch for me, same with the racetams and all the various stacks (lucidral, hydergine, piractam, choline). IMHO these compounds will only start to show results when you get old and forgetful.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
NOT! Many highschooll/University students have success with the racetams and choline. Research.

Lucidral did zilch for me, same with the racetams and all the various stacks (lucidral, hydergine, piractam, choline). IMHO these compounds will only start to show results when you get old and forgetful.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
PEA with hordenine works well. Also taking Jack3d and the focus there is incredible, which I assume the responsible party for this would be the Schizandrol A and/or 1,3-dimeth. I've taken jacked before multiple organic chem study sessions and tests and it never fails me.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
PEA with hordenine works well. Also taking Jack3d and the focus there is incredible, which I assume the responsible party for this would be the Schizandrol A and/or 1,3-dimeth. I've taken jacked before multiple organic chem study sessions and tests and it never fails me.
Nice, I am starting Jack3d tomorrow for the very similar reason. Will be interesting to see how well it compares with White Flood, which also responded great with college stuff.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So you need choling with ALCAR? This info in no where near as popular as the info on choline and racetams. Maby I can buy some choline, and make use of the ALCAR that I barely got started on. What do you people think about lecithin as a choline source?

observer377

Awards
nootropic log

piracitam 3g
choline citrate 1.5g
2:1
i had a bit of a head ache and i noticed that i was bit more mentally sharp

piracitam 1g
choline citrate 2g
1:2
didnt really notice a lot at this point 2g piracitam seems to be needed

alcar 500mg
tyrosine 1g
piracitam 1.5g
choline citrate 2g
also clomega 369, it has some lethicin in it
i definatly noticed an increase in mood, mental energy and focus. i ended up having a head ache for most of the day though. i think it was due to the amount of choline. I had taken 1g of piracitam alone a different day and had no problems.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm taking memantine how ever you spell it. Love it.

MrDeadlift

Awards
you can also try taking these:

ALCAR, DMAE, L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate, Glycine and fish oil. I also take a scoop of lecithin which contains a good amount of phospholipids including phosphatidylcholine (i also like the taste).

Above has worked for me, the dosages needs to be adjusted according to several factors though including your age, weight, family history of High blood pressure (hypertension)..etc as too much can cause headaches and increase your blood pressure so be careful. Please research in terms of recommended dosage and experiment with that.

Some people notice great benefit and quick response on ALCAR, Vinpocetine and Huperzine A alone.

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
I can't stomach powdered piracetam, is there a pill form?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
The right amount of PEA feels like your lost in your material and you can't get out. I've never experienced that with any other product. Best study aid i've ever used to date and i've tried it ALL.
Anyone have suggestions on a good dosage of PEA for this purpose?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Between 500mg-1g depending on your tolerance.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
NOW Brain Elevate (2 capsules) with 20mg Vinpocetine does it for me.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Well try it out, and see what dose works for you. Start small.

I've been using PEA off/on for awhile. Tolerance as built up.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Sounds interesting! Wanna provide a link to the ingredients?
Sure. Brain Elevate:

Ginkgo Biloba Extract (min. 24% Flavonglycosides and min. 6% Ginkgolides) 60 mg*
RoseOx® (Standardized Rosemary Leaf Extract) (min. 6% Carnosic Acid) 25 mg*
Leci-PS® Phosphatidyl Serine (from soy) 15 mg*
Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata) (Moss) 25 mcg*
L-Glutamine (Free-Form) 125 mg*
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) (4:1 Extract) (Leaf) 125 mg*
Choline (from Choline Bitartrate) 50 mg*

Huperzine A is the main focus ingredient, the others assist and for overall energy mainly.

And of course Vinpocetine is just Vinpocetine. Any brand. It is also good focus ingredient.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Sure. Brain Elevate:

Ginkgo Biloba Extract (min. 24% Flavonglycosides and min. 6% Ginkgolides) 60 mg*
RoseOx® (Standardized Rosemary Leaf Extract) (min. 6% Carnosic Acid) 25 mg*
Leci-PS® Phosphatidyl Serine (from soy) 15 mg*
Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata) (Moss) 25 mcg*
L-Glutamine (Free-Form) 125 mg*
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) (4:1 Extract) (Leaf) 125 mg*
Choline (from Choline Bitartrate) 50 mg*

Huperzine A is the main focus ingredient, the others assist and for overall energy mainly.

And of course Vinpocetine is just Vinpocetine. Any brand. It is also good focus ingredient.
You wrote it out! Ill rep this whan AM lets me. Looks like a blend of exotic stuff. Glutimine is underdosed but Ill have to try this if AM ever carries it!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I wouldn't take it for the glutamine. I ordered it for the Huperzine A. I was aiming to get 100mcg, but because of the other stuff I decided to take two caps (50mcg) and took 20mg Vinpocetine.