Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, basically every country in the developed world will probably administer mass vaccines free or charge, with the possible exception if the US. That's embarrassing.
People are getting stuck with bills for like 3 grand.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about our stuff that comes from China, can the virus somehow get into the gear?and then into us when we take it?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
as much as i love training .. i would more focus on being alive & making sure my family & friends are okay too lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What about our stuff that comes from China, can the virus somehow get into the gear?and then into us when we take it?
I was wondering that, my price of gear went up slightly so I assume the raws are from China. Most likely still getting stuff that was made a while ago but sooner or later someone with the virus will be handling raws. But then again by the time it goes through the process to become a oil and sterile it should not be something to worry about, at least I don't think

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, basically every country in the developed world will probably administer mass vaccines free or charge, with the possible exception if the US. That's embarrassing.
Surely embarrassing...😂😂

Last edited:

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
yep, I’ve literally held off on buying right now until they get this **** figured out. Got enough to run 6 months and some tren in case I need to go crazy mo fo on some zombies.

seriously though, if it does spread (as now looks likely) I’d definitely suggest taking test doses down to trt and dropping orals. The vast majority of deaths are from those with health conditions, weakened immune systems etc. I wouldn’t be doing anything that we know places additional burden on our immune system when this goes pandemic. Just bunker down to a cruise dose, stay healthy and **** **** up again when it’s all blown over
I agree, was about to run MSten, decided to wait.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I sh!7 you not... the store shelves in WA state are all but emptying out.. toilet paper is gone!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One thing that makes this more dangerous than the flu is that it’s potentially airborne as opposed to droplet.

Droplet: (like flu)- safe zone is approximately 6 ft away from an infected person coughing/sneezing

Airborne: - virus is a smaller size, and can remain suspended in air for much longer and thus travel further as well.

Also, Covid-19 can live on surfaces up to 9 days while the flu is only about 2 days.

So yes, it’s likely more infectious and has a greater mortality rate (percentage I should say). Still, the chances of healthy individuals experiencing significant health issues from the virus appear to be very low.

I work as a respiratory therapist at a hospital. While I can’t say much, let’s just say we had our first Coronavirus threat, and it was utter chaos that was very poorly handled by the CDC- who has the authority to call all the shots case per case.

Personally, it doesn’t really scare me much, and I look forward to all the drama being over.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One thing that makes this more dangerous than the flu is that it’s airborne as opposed to droplet.

Droplet: (like flu)- safe zone is approximately 6 ft away from an infected person coughing/sneezing

Airborne: - virus is a smaller size, and can remain suspended in air for much longer and travel further as well.

Also, Covid-19 can live on surfaces up to 9 days while the flu is only about 2 days.

So yes, it’s definitely more infectious and has a greater mortality rate. Still, the chances of healthy individuals experiencing significant health issues from the virus appear to be very low.

I work as a respiratory therapist at a hospital. While I can’t say much, let’s just say we had our first Coronavirus threat, and it was utter chaos that was very poorly handled by the CDC- who has the authority to call all the shots case per case.

Personally, it doesn’t really scare me much, and I look forward to all the drama being over.
I think part of the problem is the Unknown’s.

for example, in the uk they are officially saying they believe’ it is droplet spread (and this only sustained close contact is deemed a high risk) and that it’s not known how long it lives on surfaces (I have seen so much conflicting info on this though).

fatality rate is definitely lower than normal flu or other variations- it’s simply the lack of a vaccine which makes it dangerous as we can’t prevent the spread easily and thus those at risk from any flu are more likely to get this one.

but yeah, if your fit and healthy this doesn’t appear to be any issue and I’m the same, looking forward to it being over with

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One thing that makes this more dangerous than the flu is that it’s airborne as opposed to droplet.

Airborne: - virus is a smaller size, and can remain suspended in air for much longer and travel further as well.
According to WHO it doesn't seem to be airborne

Routes of transmission
COVID-19 is transmitted via droplets and fomites during close unprotected contact between an infector and infectee. Airborne spread has not been reported for COVID-19 and it is not believed to be a major driver of transmission based on available evidence.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

ShanghaiJoe

Awards
All gyms in China have now been closed for 4 weeks, still no firm news on when they can open.
Shanghai though is very safe, no new infections reported for many days.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
According to WHO it doesn't seem to be airborne

Routes of transmission
COVID-19 is transmitted via droplets and fomites during close unprotected contact between an infector and infectee. Airborne spread has not been reported for COVID-19 and it is not believed to be a major driver of transmission based on available evidence.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf
There definitely are conflicting views on airborne vs droplet. Seems rather silly that they can’t even determine that. It is certainly being treated as an airborne threat nonetheless.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So yes, it’s definitely more infectious and has a greater mortality rate. Still, the chances of healthy individuals experiencing significant health issues from the virus appear to be very low.

The thing is tho, it seems China has been able to get a handle on it? And is now experiencing very few new cases. It's even closed hospitals that were opened to take on patients infected with the virus bc they no longer need it for the volume of infected patients. That is a good sign to me and says that at least it's treatable and can be contained on some level.

If I have bad info then my bad, but I've seen multiple stories saying China now seems to have a handle on it.

Personally for me this seems like good news, even tho I know it's inevitably going to hit us here. Hell it's gonna hit everywhere. Thank God for my 650$/month insurance I feel like wherever I go for health care they treat me like a VIP.... "Oh sir you have the gold card insurance you may skip the line" haha IDK if it's quite like that but it does seem I get special treatment once I flash my insurance.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The thing is tho, it seems China has been able to get a handle on it? And is now experiencing very few new cases. It's even closed hospitals that were opened to take on patients infected with the virus bc they no longer need it for the volume of infected patients. That is a good sign to me and says that at least it's treatable and can be contained on some level.

If I have bad info then my bad, but I've seen multiple stories saying China now seems to have a handle on it.
That would definitely be good sign! It certainly took a great deal of effort and sacrifices to get them there though..:confused:

ShanghaiJoe

Awards
Yes China have contained it now as far as I can say, possibly with the exception of Hubei province where it still seems to spread. To counter and contain the spread you need to prepare to use mask wherever you go even in your office, fever checkpoints outside your appartment block, in subways, at office entrances etc. Closure of all parks, most restaurants, gyms, cinemas etc etc. Can west to this ?? I am not so sure...

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
All gyms in China have now been closed for 4 weeks, still no firm news on when they can open.
Shanghai though is very safe, no new infections reported for many days.
What's going on in Shenzhen?

ShanghaiJoe

Awards
Havent heard anything in particular abt Shenzhen, guess same situation as in Shanghai and Beijing.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is General Tso’s g2g ? ...Cuz I plan on gettin some after training lower body, later tonight (Friday March 6th)
Adjustments.JPG

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sorry - didn't mean to offend, just goofing around. But...unless you have coronavirus, you prove my point. 😬
all good man, if I had a nickel every time my wife made fun of a Chinese dude, i'd be rich.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, NBC just did a 2 hour special which is sure to throw the US into panic mode.

Things are really going to start snowballing here..

ShanghaiJoe

Awards
Guess Nolvadex will be hard to get hold of when everyone PCTs due to gyms are beeing closed...
My Chinese supplier still have AS, HGH and AI but deliveries within China are a bit more tricky and he jacked up the prices quite a bit.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Guess Nolvadex will be hard to get hold of when everyone PCTs due to gyms are beeing closed...
My Chinese supplier still have AS, HGH and AI but deliveries within China are a bit more tricky and he jacked up the prices quite a bit.
LOL.
Do people really not keep any iron at home anymore?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This thread came to mind on Sunday. My gym sent an email out to all the members about the virus, how they are taking more precautionary methods to assure everything is clean. They have put more hand sanitizer bottle around the gym, the cleaning crew has more hours too. Yesterday they put up signs all around the gym about "How to Properly Wash Hands". Do we really need these signs as adults?

I'm a teacher and we are getting emails about closing schools...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This thread came to mind on Sunday. My gym sent an email out to all the members about the virus, how they are taking more precautionary methods to assure everything is clean. They have put more hand sanitizer bottle around the gym, the cleaning crew has more hours too. Yesterday they put up signs all around the gym about "How to Properly Wash Hands". Do we really need these signs as adults?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I know it’s getting stupid now.....

I’ve had to ask the trainers to stop fucking the members at mine 🙄

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The chances of people getting infected worldwide are ultimately anticipated to be 60-80% of the population. The majority of whom will experience mild or even no symptoms. When it infects the tissues of the lungs, that’s when people will run into very serious health issues. Also, 2 strains (mutations) have been identified, which is likely a large part of why it is now believed that the same person can be infected more than once.

While many of us are relatively healthy individuals that are not all that threatened by Covid-19 (myself included), the CDC/government issued lockdowns and quarantines are going to become increasingly prevalent and inevitable. If the virus itself doesn’t impact the health of an individual or household directly, the efforts to slow the spread of the virus will have an immense impact on many of us regardless. Even if extreme measures may or may not seem warranted, it’s just a matter of time before they happen on a large scale.

Lets keep in mind the entire provence of Hubei still remains in an indefinite lockdown- hence the reason we are led to believe it’s slowing down or getting under control. That tends to happen though when you aren’t allowed to live your life. On top of this, the transparency of the Chinese and the reporting of new cases has been highly questionable, and not in a favorable way. Of course we all know what just happened in Italy yesterday...

I am not looking forward to the months to come, and it’s even more fun being at the forefront as a respiratory therapist😷. We are lucky to not have any confirmed cases in my state yet, but since I am in the loop I get to hear about the “mini quarantines” for possible infections already taking place in entire wings of nursing homes and rehab facilities that don’t even make the local news...on purpose. While many people feel that the media is overhyping things (true in some ways), there are also things we have not been told in efforts to keep panic at bay.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The chances of people getting infected worldwide are ultimately anticipated to be 60-80% of the population. The majority of whom will experience mild or even no symptoms. When it infects the tissues of the lungs, that’s when people will run into very serious health issues. Also, 2 strains (mutations) have been identified, which is likely a large part of why it is now believed that the same person can be infected more than once.

While many of us are relatively healthy individuals that are not all that threatened by Covid-19 (myself included), the CDC/government issued lockdowns and quarantines are going to become increasingly prevalent and inevitable. If the virus itself doesn’t impact the health of an individual or household directly, the efforts to slow the spread of the virus will have an immense impact on many of us regardless. Even if extreme measures may or may not seem warranted, it’s just a matter of time before they happen on a large scale.

Lets keep in mind the entire provence of Hubei still remains in an indefinite lockdown- hence the reason we are led to believe it’s slowing down or getting under control. That tends to happen though when you aren’t allowed to live your life. On top of this, the transparency of the Chinese and the reporting of new cases has been highly questionable, and not in a favorable way. Of course we all know what just happened in Italy yesterday...

I am not looking forward to the months to come, and it’s even more fun being at the forefront as a respiratory therapist😷. We are lucky to not have any confirmed cases in my state yet, but since I am in the loop I get to hear about the “mini quarantines” for possible infections already taking place in entire wings of nursing homes and rehab facilities that don’t even make the local news...on purpose. While many people feel that the media is overhyping things (true in some ways), there are also things we have not been told in efforts to keep panic at bay.
while I agree that we are all 'unfortunately' going to be affected by coronavirus, I am not really that concerned if I get it-and I m 61. I believe the whole thing is overhype, just another way of the government showing us they are in control of our lives.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
while I agree that we are all 'unfortunately' going to be affected by coronavirus, I am not really that concerned if I get it-and I m 61. I believe the whole thing is overhype, just another way of the government showing us they are in control of our lives.
Yes, I know you will be fine. After all, you are thebigt!

Any of us could potentially be carriers right now, particularly myself where I am in close contact with sick and/or (PUI)s persons under investigation. 20% of my fellow RTs have been exposed to (PUI)s before the patients were properly isolated and have been placed on mandatory self check without supervision status. This means they must take their own temperature and note any respiratory symptoms every 2 hours for 2 weeks. If they have any symptoms, or spike a fever of 100 degrees, they can’t come to work and are advised to not leave their house (or wherever they may be) until medically evaluated with plans on what their status should be next. All of this has already happened and we don’t even have a confirmed case in the state- let alone our hospital.:)

While I don’t worry about myself, my GF is immunocompromised due to being on a biologic for psoriatic arthritis. At this time, I’m obviously more likely to be an unidentified carrier than most people on a day to day basis. As a result, I’m more concerned about the possibility of infecting her without knowing that I am infected myself, as everyday I go to work there are newly identified (PUI)s that we were previously exposed to. It’s a friggin mess!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As far as i know people who are dying from this are dying basically from pneumonia caused by this darn thing, and that is no joke!

i had pneumonia in early november. It went like this.

11 am: I report to the hospital with persisting fever for more than 4 days and bad dey cough fits. Doc said i have pneumonia and it is best for me to stay in the hospital overnight. Other than fever and dry cough, i was fine.

6 pm. My spo2 dropped to 90%. I was literally suffocating while laying in my bed, hyperventilating not to pass out. They didnt have oxygen line in my room. They transported me on a wheelchair to another facility where i received intensive care. I genuinely thought i was going to die.
Within 8 hours i went from someone who just has a fever and dry cough to someone who is not able to walk and needs intensive care.

Apparently it was viral pneumonia.

I repeat...

Pneumonia is no joke!

That stuff will end if you do not receive proper and immediate medical care.

I wasnt really into prepping and stuff before but now when i saw how a young man can deteriorate within a day... i aint taking any chances. If it means that i have to relocate, so be it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As far as i know people who are dying from this are dying basically from pneumonia caused by this darn thing, and that is no joke!

11 am: I report to the hospital with persisting fever for more than 4 days and bad dey cough fits. Doc said i have pneumonia and it is best for me to stay in the hospital overnight. Other than fever and dry cough, i was fine.

6 pm. My spo2 dropped to 90%. I was literally suffocating while laying in my bed, hyperventilating not to pass out. They didnt have oxygen line in my room. They transported me on a wheelchair to another facility where i received intensive care. I genuinely thought i was going to die.
Within 8 hours i went from someone who just has a fever and dry cough to someone who is not able to walk and needs intensive care.

I repeat...

Pneumonia is no joke!

I wasnt really into prepping and stuff before but now when i saw how a young man can deteriorate within a day... i aint taking any chances. If it means that i have to relocate, so be it.
I got a pneumonia shot 4 years ago and was told they are good for 7 years-it is a no-brainer that I will get another before the 7 years.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I repeat...

Pneumonia is no joke!

Sorry you had to go through that. I take care of numerous people with that look on their face of not being able to breath, but have never felt it myself. They always tell me I am very lucky...haha

For those that are unfortunate enough to have COVID-19 progress to a pneumonia, this particular virus produces a rather aggressive and damaging insult to the tissues and functional structures of the lung. Again though, this will only be a small percentage of people.

The pulmonologists at my hospital have already spoken about how COVID-19 lung infections will be easily identifiable on a chest CT.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry you had to go through that. I take care of numerous people with that look on their face of not being able to breath, but have never felt it myself. They always tell me I am very lucky...haha

For those that are unfortunate enough to have COVID-19 progress to a pneumonia, this particular virus produces a rather aggressive and damaging insult to the tissues and functional structures of the lung. Again though, this will only be a small percentage of people.

The pulmonologists at my hospital have already spoken about how COVID-19 lung infections will be easily identifiable on a chest CT.
I had heard that those of us who have had pneumonia in the past, would be more susceptible to the virus' more serious effects. Do you believe that to be true from what you've learned?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had heard that those of us who have had pneumonia in the past, would be more susceptible to the virus' more serious effects. Do you believe that to be true from what you've learned?
I have not come across anything that has discussed that specifically (a quick google didn’t show anything either), so this is just based on my general knowledge and what I would tell a pt unless we find out otherwise..

People who have had a prior pneumonia that was severe enough to cause a chronic lung impairment through tissue damage, would be at higher risk for more severe complications from this virus if it were to pass beyond the upper respiratory tract. If a prior pneumonia didn't affect the integrity of someone’s lung(s), there would be no reason to believe that they are at greater risk of severe illness than anyone else.