Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have not come across anything that has discussed that specifically (a quick google didn’t show anything either), so this is just based on my general knowledge and what I would tell a pt unless we find out otherwise..

People who have had a prior pneumonia that was severe enough to cause a chronic lung impairment through tissue damage, would be at higher risk for more severe complications from this virus if it were to pass beyond the upper respiratory tract. If a prior pneumonia didn't affect the integrity of someone’s lung(s), there would be no reason to believe that they are at greater risk of severe illness than anyone else.
Very helpful. Thanks man!

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Local gym near me just announced they had two members who have been there recently test positive for the virus. I am hoping this means less crowded gyms near me.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Local gym near me just announced they had two members who have been there recently test positive for the virus. I am hoping this means less crowded gyms near me.
Gyms are already less crowded in my area within the past week, despite no confirmations. Everyone is too busy trying to find toilet paper! There is none anywhere here..

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This thread came to mind on Sunday. My gym sent an email out to all the members about the virus, how they are taking more precautionary methods to assure everything is clean. They have put more hand sanitizer bottle around the gym, the cleaning crew has more hours too. Yesterday they put up signs all around the gym about "How to Properly Wash Hands". Do we really need these signs as adults?

I'm a teacher and we are getting emails about closing schools...
I know it’s getting stupid now.....

I’ve had to ask the trainers to stop fucking the members at mine 🙄
I have not come across anything that has discussed that specifically (a quick google didn’t show anything either), so this is just based on my general knowledge and what I would tell a pt unless we find out otherwise..

People who have had a prior pneumonia that was severe enough to cause a chronic lung impairment through tissue damage, would be at higher risk for more severe complications from this virus if it were to pass beyond the upper respiratory tract. If a prior pneumonia didn't affect the integrity of someone’s lung(s), there would be no reason to believe that they are at greater risk of severe illness than anyone else.
Any thoughts on the impact of PED use and whether that increase risk here. My thought was that it would compromise the immune system to some extent and make getting the virus more likely but wouldn’t significantly impair the bodies ability to deal with it once infected (assuming one discontinued any heavy orals whilst they had it)

ShanghaiJoe

Awards
Brace yourselves.

Anyone belive Primobolan to reduce the risk getting infected ?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in one of the most populated cities in the US and as of this morning they’re saying on the local news that we should officially start limiting contact with others and avoid crowded spaces. So I guess I’m about to start a home workout routine. The coronavirus is officially in my area.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m not going to freak out and live in a bubble controlled by fear stoked by media hype. I intend to continue working out at the gym here as long as it is open and just practice common sense measures like frequent hand washing and not touching my face. Even If I get it I am in low 40s and healthy anyhow so am at minimal risk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
talk about 'freak out'....I wouldn't be surprised if government imposed martial law. for me this has become more about how it will negatively affect my life rather than fear of being infected.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They just announced March Madness will not have fans 😡!

Miles Johnson

Awards
"We'll show them! .... We'll kill off 1,000s of our own citizens! ... That'll show 'em!"
Fascinating that you think killing thousands of their own citizens would be a problem for the Chinese government.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Fascinating that you think killing thousands of their own citizens would be a problem for the Chinese government.
History (particularly military history) has been probably the second or third most studied subject in my lifetime so far (Including 4 years of Military Science in Classroom study). So I'm pretty familiar with what they're capable of.
But I'm also familiar with conspiracy theories that would make very little sense at all, in reality.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
History (particularly military history) has been probably the second or third most studied subject in my lifetime so far (Including 4 years of Military Science in Classroom study). So I'm pretty familiar with what they're capable of.
But I'm also familiar with conspiracy theories that would make very little sense at all, in reality.
the thought that the government might impose martial law is not out of the realm of possibility-do you agree?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the thought that the government might impose martial law is not out of the realm of possibility-do you agree?
In the United States? I don’t believe that is in the realm of possibility. The economy will most likely be shut down and there will be almost no reason to go outside, and anyone who goes outside is doing so at their own risk. That’s what I believe may be worst case scenario. People will be working from home when possible. The military can’t defeat this virus through cracking down hard on the public. If they did, they’d be causing even more disarray in an already crumbling society.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The US government?
Sure, it's a possibility, IMO. NY already called in the National Guard (as a preventative measure). ...
But it really depends upon the public more than the government. Just look at how people are behaving at this extremely early stage ... Wiping out food, water, and even TP (!!???) supplies.

Do I think it'll happen? No. I REALLY doubt it.

Contrary to popular conspiracy theories ... It wouldn't be beneficial to the President to declare "Martial Law".

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In the United States? I don’t believe that is in the realm of possibility. The economy will most likely be shut down and there will be almost no reason to go outside, and anyone who goes outside is doing so at their own risk. That’s what I believe may be worst case scenario. People will be working from home when possible. The military can’t defeat this virus through cracking down hard on the public. If they did, they’d be causing even more disarray in an already crumbling society.
john warner national defense authorization.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Again, I DO NOT think that Martial Law is a probability. But if it were to ever happen, it wouldn't be to control the virus. It would be to stop the public from going berserk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Again, I DO NOT think that Martial Law is a probability. But if it were to ever happen, it wouldn't be to control the virus. It would be to stop the public from going berserk.
this is a real possibility...cops are already at minimum force, what happens if they are infected?

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Unpopular opinion: thin out the herd, plagues are good foe the planet.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
this is a real possibility...cops are already at minimum force, what happens if they are infected?

Well ... Remember ... We don't have to be in a state of Martial Law, for troops to be used.
They're already in use in NY, apparently.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A “quarantine” from all media would be more effective to have this effect.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well ... Remember ... We don't have to be in a state of Martial Law, for troops to be used.
They're already in use in NY, apparently.
forced quarantines might become the norm....just sayin.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A lot of guys on here already know this (some better than myself):

mar·tial law
/ˈˌmärSHəl ˈlô/
noun
military government, involving the suspension of ordinary law.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A lot of guys on here already know this (some better than myself):

mar·tial law
/ˈˌmärSHəl ˈlô/
noun
military government, involving the suspension of ordinary law.
john warner national defense authorization

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any thoughts on the impact of PED use and whether that increase risk here. My thought was that it would compromise the immune system to some extent and make getting the virus more likely but wouldn’t significantly impair the bodies ability to deal with it once infected (assuming one discontinued any heavy orals whilst they had it)
I agree with your thoughts regarding PED, it’s just not the right time IMO to put your body under any undue stress and hormonal imbalances. Wouldn’t be a great time for PCT either! On top of that, we don’t know to what extend our individual lifestyles will be impaired. Gym access, food choices, toilet paper (😁) and more, is all highly questionable at this time.
forced quarantines might become the norm....just sayin.
It seems more inevitable than not to me...

I know the pandemic status was officially announced today, but did anyone else note that the population in your area wasn’t out and about? (Obviously, this question is for people around the globe that are not in the midst of a quarantine right now).

The highways, and even the grocery store (which again was out of TP) were about 50% populated. My gym had about 15-20% of the usual number of people there. It was REALLY weird, and also a reminder that everything that is happening is very real. It feels like I am living out the beginning scenes of a movie, and it’s definitely not a comedy flick..

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anybody noticing less crowded gyms? It’s been confirmed in my area, but the crowds seem to be normal so far.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nba season just got postponed due to a player testing positive. Trump has banned travel from Europe.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nba season just got postponed due to a player testing positive. Trump has banned travel from Europe.
I find it quite odd that they don’t mention how they are dealing with the rest of his team members, other teams they recently played against, and whatever other contacts he had. Maybe that will be in tomorrow’s news..

I’m surprised it took this long to impose a European travel ban.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My school is closed down.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My school is closed down.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find it quite odd that they don’t mention how they are dealing with the rest of his team members, other teams they recently played against, and whatever other contacts he had. Maybe that will be in tomorrow’s news..

His teammates are currently quarantined in a locker room. So is the opposing team.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw this on tv just wrapping up at gym a bit ago...Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy it seems...
I’m sure he’ll be fine. 99% of people only get mild to moderate symptoms from it.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Trump did move quickly to close travel to China before all other countries. That is one reason we aren’t in the situation Italy finds itself in. Funny at the time he implemented the ban he was accused of being a xenophobic for doing so.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
His teammates are currently quarantined in a locker room. So is the opposing team.
It will be interesting to hear results as I assume they will ultimately get tested. I also assume they are asking all of them who they have been in contact with and so on...

We will hear of more scenarios like this over and over again until more restrictions are placed. Unfortunately, they seem quite inevitable...

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here in Scandinavia til biggest gym chain SATS announced that they will be closing all gyms for 2 weeks starting today.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys think the solution to limiting transmission from person to person is? *Most* IMO won't abide by self quarantine (look at my state, guy got diagnosed and was told to stay home but he didn't want to miss his Daddy daughter dance so he went to the school?) so whats the solution?

Especially since the evidence keeps changing for the virus (Life of virus on surfaces, incubation period). Not to mention, the hospitals where there's an "outbreak" are over capacity (look at Italy, they're flying individuals out with their military to other hospitals).