Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
can't say rather there will be closures, but i predict at least some states ordering mask mandates at gyms.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can't figure out why the US is acting as if only [forced] mass vaccinations can stop the delta variant... when India got over their big delta wave and are now back to a lower death rate than US, having only 10% of population vaccinated.

Along with recent data showing our best Pfizer vaccine is less than 39% effective at preventing the virus.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
Can't figure out why the US is acting as if only [forced] mass vaccinations can stop the delta variant... when India got over their big delta wave and are now back to a lower death rate than US, having only 10% of population vaccinated.

Along with recent data showing our best Pfizer vaccine is less than 39% effective at preventing the virus.
man there was a CNN video I watched on YouTube. they show such misleading information. they say the vaccines are 99.999% effective at preventing death. and then they say non vaccinated people are at 25x the risk of death. dude that's such a low number! 0.001 x 25 is 0.025 PERCENT. (maybe I did the math wrong) Some government agencies are now requiring employees to either be vaccinated OR take a weekly covid test. like what the **** dude vaccinated people would benefit from the testing just as much. they're just trying to punish unvaccinated and it doesn't make any sense

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
They are definitely playing fast and loose with the numbers! Like the death statistic for vaccinated people... I saw an article saying only about 1700 vaccinated people in US have died from covid. And the author was saying how great that statistic was compared to the 620,000 that have died so far.

But wait.... Some 500,000 of those died before there was even a vaccine, so you CAN'T compare the vaccinated death numbers to a total mostly derived from a time before vaccines existed!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

there are now studies coming out suggesting that transmission of the delta variant is almost the same in unvaccinated as in vaccinated people…….so suggesting vaccination is required to stop transmission appears to be a falsehood

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man there was a CNN video I watched on YouTube. they show such misleading information. they say the vaccines are 99.999% effective at preventing death. and then they say non vaccinated people are at 25x the risk of death. dude that's such a low number! 0.001 x 25 is 0.025 PERCENT. (maybe I did the math wrong) Some government agencies are now requiring employees to either be vaccinated OR take a weekly covid test. like what the **** dude vaccinated people would benefit from the testing just as much. they're just trying to punish unvaccinated and it doesn't make any sense
lol..i will never forget watching that cnn reporter covering kenosha wisconsin riot calling it a 'MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTEST' with fires raging in background and looters running around with armfuls of ill gotten gains, lol.
cnn is a joke!!!

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I also saw that "fast and loose" playing with the numbers this morning.
For example: "Less than 50% of the population is currently vaccinated". True, the number is 49.6% as of that day, but that is EVERYONE.
When you look at the percent of the population above 18 who have been fully vaccinated, the number is 60.6%; above 12, 58.1%.

Considering the vaccine is not approved for emergency use in certain age groups, one would think these numbers would be excluded from the "% of the population vaccinated" conversation. Unless the goal is shock and awe...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
faucci says booster shots will be needed---i wonder if diben will mandate those also?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Spanish Flu (H1N1) continually mutated and stayed with us for 100 years.

That's gonna be a LOT of booster shots!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The Spanish Flu (H1N1) continually mutated and stayed with us for 100 years.

That's gonna be a LOT of booster shots!!
lol...forced mandates for every 6 months-get in line fellas :p