Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
can't say rather there will be closures, but i predict at least some states ordering mask mandates at gyms.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can't figure out why the US is acting as if only [forced] mass vaccinations can stop the delta variant... when India got over their big delta wave and are now back to a lower death rate than US, having only 10% of population vaccinated.

Along with recent data showing our best Pfizer vaccine is less than 39% effective at preventing the virus.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can't figure out why the US is acting as if only [forced] mass vaccinations can stop the delta variant... when India got over their big delta wave and are now back to a lower death rate than US, having only 10% of population vaccinated.

Along with recent data showing our best Pfizer vaccine is less than 39% effective at preventing the virus.
man there was a CNN video I watched on YouTube. they show such misleading information. they say the vaccines are 99.999% effective at preventing death. and then they say non vaccinated people are at 25x the risk of death. dude that's such a low number! 0.001 x 25 is 0.025 PERCENT. (maybe I did the math wrong) Some government agencies are now requiring employees to either be vaccinated OR take a weekly covid test. like what the **** dude vaccinated people would benefit from the testing just as much. they're just trying to punish unvaccinated and it doesn't make any sense

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
They are definitely playing fast and loose with the numbers! Like the death statistic for vaccinated people... I saw an article saying only about 1700 vaccinated people in US have died from covid. And the author was saying how great that statistic was compared to the 620,000 that have died so far.

But wait.... Some 500,000 of those died before there was even a vaccine, so you CAN'T compare the vaccinated death numbers to a total mostly derived from a time before vaccines existed!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

there are now studies coming out suggesting that transmission of the delta variant is almost the same in unvaccinated as in vaccinated people…….so suggesting vaccination is required to stop transmission appears to be a falsehood

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man there was a CNN video I watched on YouTube. they show such misleading information. they say the vaccines are 99.999% effective at preventing death. and then they say non vaccinated people are at 25x the risk of death. dude that's such a low number! 0.001 x 25 is 0.025 PERCENT. (maybe I did the math wrong) Some government agencies are now requiring employees to either be vaccinated OR take a weekly covid test. like what the **** dude vaccinated people would benefit from the testing just as much. they're just trying to punish unvaccinated and it doesn't make any sense
lol..i will never forget watching that cnn reporter covering kenosha wisconsin riot calling it a 'MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTEST' with fires raging in background and looters running around with armfuls of ill gotten gains, lol.
cnn is a joke!!!

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I also saw that "fast and loose" playing with the numbers this morning.
For example: "Less than 50% of the population is currently vaccinated". True, the number is 49.6% as of that day, but that is EVERYONE.
When you look at the percent of the population above 18 who have been fully vaccinated, the number is 60.6%; above 12, 58.1%.

Considering the vaccine is not approved for emergency use in certain age groups, one would think these numbers would be excluded from the "% of the population vaccinated" conversation. Unless the goal is shock and awe...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
faucci says booster shots will be needed---i wonder if diben will mandate those also?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Spanish Flu (H1N1) continually mutated and stayed with us for 100 years.

That's gonna be a LOT of booster shots!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The Spanish Flu (H1N1) continually mutated and stayed with us for 100 years.

That's gonna be a LOT of booster shots!!
lol...forced mandates for every 6 months-get in line fellas :p

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Ricky10 - can you give us an update on hospital cases, vaccinated vs unvaccinated at your place?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Ricky10 - can you give us an update on hospital cases, vaccinated vs unvaccinated at your place?
If it's of any interest to you, I live in CT, my girl and mother work at the hospital. The large majority of ppl getting the delta variation here are ppl who were vaccinated. Now that definitely could be misleading because there just might be way more vaccinated ppl then there is unvaccinated in my area but I don't know.

I also had 2 painters and a carpenter test positive at work, all 3 were vaccinated. One was very sick and the other 2 had no symptoms at all. They only knew because we all had to take rapid test

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
**** the gyms, I bought a cage, some olympic weights, bar, and a bench. I can pretty much do everything at home than I can at the gym. If you really think about it, Do you ever really stray from the cage at the gym? I found myself sitting in one cage almost he whole workout.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
**** the gyms, I bought a cage, some olympic weights, bar, and a bench. I can pretty much do everything at home than I can at the gym. If you really think about it, Do you ever really stray from the cage at the gym? I found myself sitting in one cage almost he whole workout.
I actually did the same thing when all this started and bought more pieces as time went on. Got my power rack and 500lbs in plates that can get me through any major workout. But there's just something about being in a actual gym that makes me push harder then training alone in my basement

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't believe the illegal's aren't dropping like flies, No Mask, No Social Distance, No Vaccine --- Thing that make you go Hummmmmmmmmm

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been giving some updates on what I experience in this thread:

To summarize though- for positive admissions at my hospital, the vaccinated have encompassed at least greater than 50% of those people in recent weeks. One day very recently it was 9 vaccinated to 7 unvaccinated. However, I suppose we must consider that Maine is 73% fully vaccinated for those eligible, and those most vulnerable to illness are generally more likely to get vaccinated. I remain largely pro-vaccine, but I am able to see both sides and natural immunity is surely winning any race thus far.

As I said in the other thread, the very large majority of vaccinated admissions have remained on very little oxygen and have relatively uncomplicated and quick recoveries. Likely the result of them tending to not develop COVID pneumonia and have clear/normal CXRs. Of course there are the exceptions, and they tend to be the very elderly.

As of yesterday, all the COVID patients on ventilators (2), or those requiring >50% oxygen were unvaccinated. This has definitely been the trend of the summer, so when we hear that the vaccinated are likely to experience less severe illness, I would definitely agree with that being true. The media doesn’t seem to be transparent though about the numbers of vaccinated people being treated for COVID in hospitals.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I actually did the same thing when all this started and bought more pieces as time went on. Got my power rack and 500lbs in plates that can get me through any major workout. But there's just something about being in a actual gym that makes me push harder then training alone in my basement
T&A

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't believe the illegal's aren't dropping like flies, No Mask, No Social Distance, No Vaccine --- Thing that make you go Hummmmmmmmmm
How do we know they aren’t? Everything regarding illegal immigration has been swept under the rug by this administration, so I don’t particularly think we are going to see any statistics on illegal immigrant China virus deaths.

If there is any justice in this world, let us hope the China virus wipes a few of those drug smuggling criminals out of this country!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If it's of any interest to you, I live in CT, my girl and mother work at the hospital. The large majority of ppl getting the delta variation here are ppl who were vaccinated. Now that definitely could be misleading because there just might be way more vaccinated ppl then there is unvaccinated in my area but I don't know.

I also had 2 painters and a carpenter test positive at work, all 3 were vaccinated. One was very sick and the other 2 had no symptoms at all. They only knew because we all had to take rapid test
or it could be that many unvaccinated people are like me and my wife who have had covid, and see no need for a risky vaccine when more and more evidence is emerging that shows we have better immunity than those who haven't had covid and get vaccinated?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
or it could be that many unvaccinated people are like me and my wife who have had covid, and see no need for a risky vaccine when more and more evidence is emerging that shows we have better immunity than those who haven't had covid and get vaccinated?
🤷 Who knows. I'm not vaccinated, half my family is and half isint. I'm not against it, I'm just not in a rush to get it because I'm just not worried about it. If natural selection picks me to get the virus and croak so be it. I was just reporting what I know from my area. I actually do know more then one person who had a relative die from the virus. But I also know about 50 ppl who were asymptomatic. Ppl are getting sick with or without the vaccine. And others are perfectly fine with or without it. Who the hell knows what going on lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How do we know they aren’t? Everything regarding illegal immigration has been swept under the rug by this administration, so I don’t particularly think we are going to see any statistics on illegal immigrant China virus deaths.

If there is any justice in this world, let us hope the China virus wipes a few of those drug smuggling criminals out of this country!
Depends on what kinda drugs there smuggling, we need some of those around here lol

Illegal immigrant crosses the border with 5000 dianabol in his rectum.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
🤷 Who knows. I'm not vaccinated, half my family is and half isint. I'm not against it, I'm just not in a rush to get it because I'm just not worried about it. If natural selection picks me to get the virus and croak so be it. I was just reporting what I know from my area. I actually do know more then one person who had a relative die from the virus. But I also know about 50 ppl who were asymptomatic. Ppl are getting sick with or without the vaccine. And others are perfectly fine with or without it. Who the hell knows what going on lol
this is a quote of a article from CDC- reinfection with covid-19...
cases of reinfection with covid-19 have been reported, but remain RARE.

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Depends on what kinda drugs there smuggling, we need some of those around here lol

Illegal immigrant crosses the border with 5000 dianabol in his rectum.
Sadly, I don’t think anabolics are what they’re putting up their *ss :(

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rumor is that he sent the residents of Bidenville to Florida.
Nobody knows!

How can he let in a herd of 15k people untested and clearly not practicing social distance, while I have to be vaccinated to contribute to the economy?

Now he's going after small business. The fucking backbone of our country with the irs.
Say goodbye to mom and pops....400k for a small business is beans. Bye pizza shops

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been giving some updates on what I experience in this thread:

To summarize though- for positive admissions at my hospital, the vaccinated have encompassed at least greater than 50% of those people in recent weeks. One day very recently it was 9 vaccinated to 7 unvaccinated. However, I suppose we must consider that Maine is 73% fully vaccinated for those eligible, and those most vulnerable to illness are generally more likely to get vaccinated. I remain largely pro-vaccine, but I am able to see both sides and natural immunity is surely winning any race thus far.

As I said in the other thread, the very large majority of vaccinated admissions have remained on very little oxygen and have relatively uncomplicated and quick recoveries. Likely the result of them tending to not develop COVID pneumonia and have clear/normal CXRs. Of course there are the exceptions, and they tend to be the very elderly.

As of yesterday, all the COVID patients on ventilators (2), or those requiring >50% oxygen were unvaccinated. This has definitely been the trend of the summer, so when we hear that the vaccinated are likely to experience less severe illness, I would definitely agree with that being true. The media doesn’t seem to be transparent though about the numbers of vaccinated people being treated for COVID in hospitals.
do you hear about/deal with "long covid" ? I'm guessing after they are somewhat recovered you never hear from them again?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You'd think with 182 million now fully vaccinated in the US, and some 43 million confirmed cases now with natural immunity (some overlap) and waves of kids in schools and colleges getting infected/recovering and not even knowing it (asymptomatic infections a larger number than confirmed cases).... we SHOULD be close to herd immunity????

But damn, no one even talks about that anymore.

Seems to me the natural immunity eventually fades and the vaccine immunity fades much faster. And we can't vaccinate this many millions faster than the vaccine fades. And most of the world isn't even vaccinated at all.

So in essence, the covid will keep coming in waves around the world, with new mutations each year, just like the flu.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
do you hear about/deal with "long covid" ? I'm guessing after they are somewhat recovered you never hear from them again?
I have read and heard much about it, but we really don’t get updated on how people are doing after discharge. I’m sure the pulmonologists have though in certain cases. Some people go home with a new chronic lung disease (pulmonary fibrosis) as a result of the China virus, and would likely see a pulmonologist as an outpatient. Of course that is a rather extreme example but it’s certainly happening.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have read and heard much about it, but we really don’t get updated on how people are doing after discharge. I’m sure the pulmonologists have though in certain cases. Some people go home with a new chronic lung disease (pulmonary fibrosis) as a result of the China virus, and would likely see a pulmonologist as an outpatient. Of course that is a rather extreme example but it’s certainly happening.
i got covid back in february...i think it was july when i ran a 7k race in a little under 31 minutes-maybe not the fastest time in the world but i was proud of it.

i try to once a week go on at least a 1.5 hour run....and run often in nice weather-on rainy days i ride my exercise bike.

and that fucker biden is trying every trick in the book to force people like me to get vaccinated:mad:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yeah, that something is called females...lol
Nope, my gym has the weights completely separate from the cardio stuff and there's hardly ever any chicks in the weights area. It's just knowing that I might be being watched or judged that makes me push harder. Also if I'm in my basement it's easier to call it quits then it is when I'm already at the gym.

But if there is a chick watching me lift it definitely doesn't hurt lol

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Natural selection cannot pick us as we are not natty. Big brain science 🧠

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So apparently we have a retired Dr in CT that's filling out vaccine exemptions to anyone who mails her the form in a self addressed envelope. But the big man caught wind of it and there combing through the 75 exemption forms she signed and all those ppl will probably loose there jobs.

There's a 50/50 mix of ppl calling her a criminal and calling her a hero lol. One guy said (not all heros wear capes lol)

I thought that was hilarious, put it all honesty if I needed an exemption form I'd probably would have went looking for this lady lol.

People have there emotions way too deep into politics and this whole virus thing

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
All that true for me as well, in addition to knowing healthy people who've died within days of receiving the vaccine. So, I'll pass for now.

caset23

caset23

Awards
They say it’s the pandemic of the unvaccinated where I live in Florida. But three of my closest friends are firefighter/emts and their wive’s are nurses. My buddies say it’s about 50/50 vaxxed vs unvaxxed on their calls. They have shared several cardiac arrests of people within 48 hours post vax..and their wives are saying the hospitals would ask folks if they were vaccinated and if they said yes, they would send them home. Kinda sketch. Now they are saying they can only follow the protocol of Remdesivir and vent. They say it isn’t working out so well at all. Lots of issues w Remdesivir. Also one of them said they weren’t allowed to have family in to see them while their were dying yet they let media in and they’d go around and ask if any of them regretted not getting vaxxed and then they would do a story on it. So no fam, but media is fine. Get vaxxed or don’t, not my business. All I know is it doesn’t keep you from getting it and I’ve had Covid and did just fine. Seems like more going on than Covid all around the world right now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They say it’s the pandemic of the unvaccinated where I live in Florida. But three of my closest friends are firefighter/emts and their wive’s are nurses. My buddies say it’s about 50/50 vaxxed vs unvaxxed on their calls. They have shared several cardiac arrests of people within 48 hours post vax..and their wives are saying the hospitals would ask folks if they were vaccinated and if they said yes, they would send them home. Kinda sketch. Now they are saying they can only follow the protocol of Remdesivir and vent. They say it isn’t working out so well at all. Lots of issues w Remdesivir. Also one of them said they weren’t allowed to have family in to see them while their were dying yet they let media in and they’d go around and ask if any of them regretted not getting vaxxed and then they would do a story on it. So no fam, but media is fine. Get vaxxed or don’t, not my business. All I know is it doesn’t keep you from getting it and I’ve had Covid and did just fine. Seems like more going on than Covid all around the world right now.
So apparently we have a retired Dr in CT that's filling out vaccine exemptions to anyone who mails her the form in a self addressed envelope. But the big man caught wind of it and there combing through the 75 exemption forms she signed and all those ppl will probably loose there jobs.

There's a 50/50 mix of ppl calling her a criminal and calling her a hero lol. One guy said (not all heros wear capes lol)

I thought that was hilarious, put it all honesty if I needed an exemption form I'd probably would have went looking for this lady lol.

People have there emotions way too deep into politics and this whole virus thing
it almost sounds as if politicians are encouraging the political divide-with a huge assist from media....almost my ass!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
covid vaccines were made widely available in february of 21.....biden admin is pushing for BOOSTER shots 8 months after 2nd shot---in february of 21 only 5% of Americans had been fully vaccinated-according to the statistics very few are right now even close to having been fully vaccinated for 8 months-what the hell?

my 87 year old mom lives in assisted living and didn't get 1st of 2 shots until middle of march and 2nd in april-this means she won't be elligible for booster until december....and she was among the 1st group to get vaccinated.

imo, booster shots are just another blow smoke up your ass trick by biden admin to make it look like he is doing SOMETHING....what he is doing is FAILING.
It shouldn’t be long now before we find out if MaineHealth or our governor mandates that healthcare workers receive the Pfizer booster. Most of us are 8 months out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It shouldn’t be long now before we find out if MaineHealth or our governor mandates that healthcare workers receive the Pfizer booster. Most of us are 8 months out.
does the gov even make that decision-i thought biden already mandated it?

i see that on monday thousands of healthcare workers are going to be fired in NY rather than be FORCED to get vaccine...the gov of NY is going to bring in healthcare workers from other counties to fill the gap under emergency action-wow

Last edited:
caset23

caset23

Awards
it almost sounds as if politicians are encouraging the political divide-with a huge assist from media....almost my ass!!!
100% The Great Reset that John Kerry promised Klaus Schwann the U.S. would be fully participating in, no doubt. There’s audio/video of that.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
does the gov even make that decision-i thought biden already mandated it?

i see that on monday thousands of healthcare workers are going to be fired in NY rather than be FORCED to get vaccine...the gov of NY is going to bring in healthcare workers from other counties to fill the gap under emergency action-wow
I have yet to hear anything about booster mandates from hospitals themselves, governors, or O’Biden. I just now know that healthcare workers and other front line workers of any age will be eligible for the Pfizer booster after the recent CDC overrule- or whatever it was.

People were talking about it today at work, and supposedly it’s going to start being offered starting this week and is optional at this point.

We are up to 20 positive admits now, with just 2 being on ventilators. It’s still at least 50% being the vaccinated or partially vaccinated, but those people are doing very well. I had one new (to me) unvaccinated rather obese lady today who was complaining about the fact that she needed oxygen, her painful cough, shortness of breath with any movement, and her heart feeling stressed. I’m like, ”well, that’s because you have COVID!” Some of these people just kill me.

In other news, we have our first official RRT out because she caught the China virus from her husband who works from home….ironic! The very first one within our department to be diagnosed. Meanwhile, another RRT was pulled out of work because he had dinner with friends who have since tested positive. He is symptomatic with a dry throat and runny nose so I have a feeling he will also be positive. Guess who has to work an extra shift tomorrow?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have yet to hear anything about booster mandates from hospitals themselves, governors, or O’Biden. I just now know that healthcare workers and other front line workers of any age will be eligible for the Pfizer booster after the recent CDC overrule- or whatever it was.

People were talking about it today at work, and supposedly it’s going to start being offered starting this week and is optional at this point.

We are up to 20 positive admits now, with just 2 being on ventilators. It’s still at least 50% being the vaccinated or partially vaccinated, but those people are doing very well. I had one new (to me) unvaccinated rather obese lady today who was complaining about the fact that she needed oxygen, her painful cough, shortness of breath with any movement, and her heart feeling stressed. I’m like, ”well, that’s because you have COVID!” Some of these people just kill me.

In other news, we have our first official RRT out because she caught the China virus from her husband who works from home….ironic! The very first one within our department to be diagnosed. Meanwhile, another RRT was pulled out of work because he had dinner with friends who have since tested positive. He is symptomatic with a dry throat and runny nose so I have a feeling he will also be positive. Guess who has to work an extra shift tomorrow?
What is RRT?