Anyone feel like they are getting sick more often?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didn't know where to post this thread but it's kinda related to supplements.

Anyone feel like they are falling sick/catching colds/sore throat/flu/stomach bug etc more often? Ever since I had Covid (twice now), I just feel like I get sick easily compared to the past. For most of my life, I probably fell sick once in the whole year. And now, despite taking a bucket load of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other general health-related supplements daily, I've fallen ill (sometimes back to back) with colds, sinus infections, flus etc. 🤧 And each malady takes forever to recover from!!!

It's just so darn frustrating. To think my immune system went from being a tank to a jalopy. Can anyone relate?

My everyday health-promoting stack:
Morning coffee mixed with
-raw cacao powder
-collagen powder
-creatine
-black ginger
-marshmallow root powder
-Slippery elm powder

Supplements:
-Epicor
-Garlic pills
-Black currant oil
-Astaxanthin
-Nattokinase
-Serrapeptase
-Multivitamins (NOW)
-Marine magnesium
-Olive leaf extract

My everyday drink:
Water mixed with:
-liquid chlorophyll
-vitamin C powder

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hate to be that guy, but are you vaccinated? The vaccine lowers immunity to other illnesses.

I got covid way late, during omicron, despite being responsible for testing a couple thousand people, and never wearing a mask of poe while doing so. I haven't had it since, and actually I've been sick less than usual over the last few years. But I also take curcumin, green tea, multi, and coffee, all of which fight off covid, and I do bjj and kettlebells (and exercise reduces incidence of covid as well). For reference I'm not vaccinated.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hate to be that guy, but are you vaccinated? The vaccine lowers immunity to other illnesses.

I got covid way late, during omicron, despite being responsible for testing a couple thousand people, and never wearing a mask of poe while doing so. I haven't had it since, and actually I've been sick less than usual over the last few years. But I also take curcumin, green tea, multi, and coffee, all of which fight off covid, and I do bjj and kettlebells (and exercise reduces incidence of covid as well). For reference I'm not vaccinated.
Yes, unfortunately, I went for the first two jabs (Pfizer). I'm guessing Covid closures for almost two years perhaps diminished my immune system as well (I live in NYC). Maybe it's the stress of everyday life as well with work, family life, 24/7 politics etc. It gets to you after a while...

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didn't know where to post this thread but it's kinda related to supplements.

Anyone feel like they are falling sick/catching colds/sore throat/flu/stomach bug etc more often? Ever since I had Covid (twice now), I just feel like I get sick easily compared to the past. For most of my life, I probably fell sick once in the whole year. And now, despite taking a bucket load of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other general health-related supplements daily, I've fallen ill (sometimes back to back) with colds, sinus infections, flus etc. 🤧 And each malady takes forever to recover from!!!

It's just so darn frustrating. To think my immune system went from being a tank to a jalopy. Can anyone relate?

My everyday health-promoting stack:
Morning coffee mixed with
-raw cacao powder
-collagen powder
-creatine
-black ginger
-marshmallow root powder
-Slippery elm powder

Supplements:
-Epicor
-Garlic pills
-Black currant oil
-Astaxanthin
-Nattokinase
-Serrapeptase
-Multivitamins (NOW)
-Marine magnesium
-Olive leaf extract

My everyday drink:
Water mixed with:
-liquid chlorophyll
-vitamin C powder
My daily immune system stack is

Opti-zinc
Vitamin D
P73 Oreganol
Lugols Iodine
Fermented Garlic

Outside of two bouts with covid, I havent even had the common cold since 2006.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I have never tested positive for Covid and have not been vaccinated. Had a nasty cold thanksgiving 2021. Other than that pretty good. My better half is vaccinated and got 1 booster two years later. Arm blew up, circular bruise around arm as if she was an abused housewife, and sweats and fever for a week. Also has not tested positive for Covid. Our daughter vaccinated and got Covid while living w us. It was thanksgiving 2021. I did not test positive and tested w her in same car.

This is just what my family and I experienced

Last edited:
EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

This is a very touchy subject. I also am not vaccinated. Family has experienced problems that chose to, unfortunately. I support their choice but personally I have not experienced anything negative since the time

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
I've got the worst flu type B ever even using a lot of stuff for improving my immunity.

I would never forget the day after the pfizer vaccine (the third one), a crazy pinch on my chest, super weird.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I mean covid was pretty rough, but not the sickest I've been. But aside from that, northing. I've been around many sick people, and I do bjj, so literally rolling in many others peoples germs several times a week from 2020 on.

I believe that all the distancing really put peoples immune systems at a disadvantage, people's exercise levels were reduced, and the vaccines effects on immunity are not optimal. Lots of vaccinated people I know have had covid 3-5 times, as well as other illnesses.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I believe that all the distancing really put peoples immune systems at a disadvantage, people's exercise levels were reduced, and the vaccines effects on immunity are not optimal. Lots of vaccinated people I know have had covid 3-5 times, as well as other illnesses
Agreed. All the isolation made peoples immune systems weaker leading to more sickness than less in my opinion.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I hear a lot of people complain about this after having the covid shot, including my wife. I didn't get it... thank God.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My mother didn’t keep house well, my wife jokes that I grew up in a Petri dish and that’s why I don’t get sick that often. 🤣🤣🤣

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The OP mentioned Covid in the original post. I am not an anti vax guy. To each their own. I sleep and BREATH fine at night with the decisions I have made

SNS Pepti-Plex
SNS Mito-Burn
SNS GlucoVantage-XT
SNS GlycoPhase
SNS Blood Pressure Support
SNS Inhibit-E
SNS Inhibit-P
SNS Creatine HCI
AllMax Collagen

Last edited:
mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The OP mentioned Covid in the original post. I am not an anti vax guy. To each their own. I sleep and BREATH fine at night with the decisions I have made
Yeah he mentioned covid, as in his post covid immune system seems to not be as robust as it was before. He said nothing about the vacccine. Once it was brought up, every single post has been vaccine related. Not one mention of what could actually help the OP better improve his immune system or what he can take to help.

Last edited:
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah he mentioned covid, as in his post covid immune system seems to not be as robust as it was before. He said nothing about the vacccine.
Read his next post, it starts off “Yes, unfortunately, I went for the first two jabs (Pfizer).”

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can we just put a ribbon on this and say some people just get sick more than others REGARDLESS of circumstances.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Evomuse gut health year round
Glaxon greens or any green product
Have not got sick once this year, one thing that was added during the winter season was reduce xt. Guessing less stress on the body results in overall immune system running in tip top shape.

Family, in-laws, nieces and nephews have all been sick and people around me at work, but I have not spiked one fever or gotten the sniffles.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i havent been sick since using magnesium ascorbyl phosphate transdermally at 400mg x 3 with rose scented dmso, and ive been in proximity of alot of sick people. hands down the best preventative ive every used. half life is 8 hours as opposed to 30 minutes with vitamin c

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can this not turn into another vaccine thread?

I think posting what we take for immune boosting might better serve the OP
Why would you ignore the elephant in the room?

Detoxing from the vax might be possible, and involves curcumin, green tea, star anise, nattokinase, magnesium, etc, but I can see he already knows that, based on his list of supps he's taking.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In my household it does seem like we are sick over and over again.

only 1 vacksd but that may not matter.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I'm not anti vax either, I only brought it up cause I am shocked how 'real' some of the issues are regarding them.

I buy packs of Emergen C Immune Plus for cheap at the Dollar General (right up the road from me) and drink a few packs a day when I feel sickness coming on - or when I'm sick. It does seem to help me get over it quickly.

Otherwise, I drink them on occasion, maybe 3x a week - I will mix a pack in a water bottle, drink half in the AM, and finish other half in the PM (if I'm not sick). From what I understand, vitamin c doesn't stay in system long so spreading it out is ideal.

I was working at fedex until I got injured about a week ago, and my last day I was sick with flu, but so was EVERYBODY, it was crazy. Drivers puking, unloaders and loaders sick, it was like the end of times ****. I drank my emergen c packs, plenty of water, juices, and ate a more healthy diet.

I don't take a curcumin or turmeric supp, but I do include a lot of turmeric in my meals combined with pepper for better absorption. It seems to go with just about everything I cook. Chicken, eggs, rice, noodles, potatoes, etc. I put it in everything lol.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
People are selfish….They are going out when they should be home resting etc. People coughing and sneezing all over my gym…Mostly the ‘young, entitled, no days off mentality’

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why would you ignore the elephant in the room?

Detoxing from the vax might be possible, and involves curcumin, green tea, star anise, nattokinase, magnesium, etc, but I can see he already knows that, based on his list of supps he's taking.
Cause its not an elephant in the room until someone brings it up. Nothing in his daily health stack really has anything immune boosting other than the garlic. People WANT to blame the vaccine for stuff, when in reality, dude might just need more immune focused supplements.

Low levels of Vitamin D strongly correlate to how frequent people get sick. Zinc and Selenium as well as Iodine correlate also. My girlfriend consistently got the flu once a year, and strep 1-2 times a year. She also has Rheumatoid Arthritis and takes methotrexate (which surpresses her immune system).

She use to make fun of me for taking so many pills a day. She contracted covid twice and is 3x vaccinated. After her first battle with covid, she started the same routine im on (just with a lower dose of vitamin D) and guess who hasnt had the flu or strep since?

For what its worth, Im not vaccinated and have no issue with those who chose to get it. But you mentioned the vaccine and everyone co-signed and not one person offered a suggestion as to what he could take to improve his immune system.

Last edited:
mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not anti vax either, I only brought it up cause I am shocked how 'real' some of the issues are regarding them.

I buy packs of Emergen C Immune Plus for cheap at the Dollar General (right up the road from me) and drink a few packs a day when I feel sickness coming on - or when I'm sick. It does seem to help me get over it quickly.

Otherwise, I drink them on occasion, maybe 3x a week - I will mix a pack in a water bottle, drink half in the AM, and finish other half in the PM (if I'm not sick). From what I understand, vitamin c doesn't stay in system long so spreading it out is ideal.

I was working at fedex until I got injured about a week ago, and my last day I was sick with flu, but so was EVERYBODY, it was crazy. Drivers puking, unloaders and loaders sick, it was like the end of times ****. I drank my emergen c packs, plenty of water, juices, and ate a more healthy diet.

I don't take a curcumin or turmeric supp, but I do include a lot of turmeric in my meals combined with pepper for better absorption. It seems to go with just about everything I cook. Chicken, eggs, rice, noodles, potatoes, etc. I put it in everything lol.
If you want to use Vitamin C in an acute manner when you’re feeling sick, I would suggest bulk vitamin C powder and taking 1g every 2hrs. Its water soluble so you can’t “overdose” it. You’ll know when you hit your limit when you have GI DISTRESS. This protocol works wonders as does 15-20 drops of lugols iodine. You will go from bedridden to upright in 24hs or less.

If you want to stop the cold or flu before it gets started I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend these

IMG_5199.JPG

Its the absolute best thing to stop a cold/flu from even getting started but it MUST be taken at first sign lf sickness or it doesnt work.

Last edited:
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Cause its not an elephant in the room until someone brings it up. Nothing in his daily health stack really has anything immune boosting other than the garlic. People WANT to blame the vaccine for stuff, when in reality, dude might just need more immune focused supplements.

Low levels of Vitamin D strongly correlate to how frequent people get sick. Zinc and Selenium as well as Iodine correlate also. My girlfriend consistently got the flu once a year, and strep 1-2 times a year. She also has Rheumatoid Arthritis and takes methotrexate (which surpresses her immune system).

She use to make fun of me for taking so many pills a day. She contracted covid twice and is 3x vaccinated. After her first battle with covid, she started the same routine im on (just with a lower dose of vitamin D) and guess who hasnt had the flu or strep since?

For what its worth, Im not vaccinated and have no issue with those who chose to get it. But you mentioned the vaccine and everyone co-signed and not one person offered a suggestion as to what he could take to improve his immune system.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
If you want to use Vitamin C in an acute manner when you’re feeling sick, I would suggest bulk vitamin C powder and taking 1g every 2hrs. Its water soluble so you can’t “overdose” it. You’ll know when you hit your limit when you have GI DISTRESS. This protocol works wonders as does 15-20 drops of lugols iodine. You will go from bedridden to upright in 24hs or less.

If you want to stop the cold or flu before it gets started I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend these

Its the absolute best thing to stop a cold/flu from even getting started but it MUST be taken at first sign lf sickness or it doesnt work.
Wow that's awesome, never heard of it but will look for it. I just did some research on it and people view it as a natural alternative to Tamiflu, that's impressive. I was literally looking up natural alternatives to that last week and this never came up. Google is trash these days I swear....

My 3 year old can't take the "good stuff" - so we found a homeopathic medicine for little guys like him and he was literally sick for one day, the next day he was normal, all the coughing/mucus was gone. It's called Hyland Naturals cold and cough for kids. This stuff works for all of you out there with young kids at home.

For real though, I feel like there's a major problem with the medicine/pharma industry in this country. A lot of these natural products seem to help the immune system just fine!

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nope, not sick at all.

Simply ignore the thread if you dont want to read about vax / non-vax... Its part of life unfortunately.
It caused tons of damage and deaths, while providing nothing to help the man-made Fauci flu...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cause its not an elephant in the room until someone brings it up. Nothing in his daily health stack really has anything immune boosting other than the garlic.
Epicor and olive leaf are both immune supplements, but the other stuff seems tailored more to combat spike protein.

Regardless, Vit D and zinc are probably the two most important things you can take for combatting covid, losds of studies on them.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow that's awesome, never heard of it but will look for it. I just did some research on it and people view it as a natural alternative to Tamiflu, that's impressive. I was literally looking up natural alternatives to that last week and this never came up. Google is trash these days I swear....

My 3 year old can't take the "good stuff" - so we found a homeopathic medicine for little guys like him and he was literally sick for one day, the next day he was normal, all the coughing/mucus was gone. It's called Hyland Naturals cold and cough for kids. This stuff works for all of you out there with young kids at home.

For real though, I feel like there's a major problem with the medicine/pharma industry in this country. A lot of these natural products seem to help the immune system just fine!
Yeah we gave my little boy the Hyland Naturals when he was younger. The good news is that kids can take the product that I sent you. It truly does work wonders

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, unfortunately, I went for the first two jabs (Pfizer). I'm guessing Covid closures for almost two years perhaps diminished my immune system as well (I live in NYC). Maybe it's the stress of everyday life as well with work, family life, 24/7 politics etc. It gets to you after a while...
Can this not turn into another vaccine thread?
Yes……in response to someone asking was he vaccinated
it's a fair question. the vaccine hammered peoples immune systems, and the vaccinated tended to get repeat cases of covid more often than the unvaccinated. It's a relevant question to the OP.

As far as my own health goes< My wife and I did not get the vaccine and I would not say that I have NOT been truly "stay home from work" sick since 2019.
I have had a number of days that I felt something coming on, my wife and I have a routine at first sniffle or sore throat:

whiskey hot toddy instead of nyquil
pho (vietnamese noodle soup) for dinner
elderberry (ideally syrup, as it has great concentration)
vitamin C, D, and ecinacea
pound gatorade.

Typically, like 9 times out of ten, this recipe does it for us. only once since the covid era can I recall reaching for a dayquil because the home remedies weren't quite enough to get through the work day.

We treated COVID the same way, went outside for walks/jogs every single day (vitamin d, fresh air, to the best of a persons ability given the varied severity of the disease), and golfed a lot. recovery was very fast. those who I know that laid in bed instead, had lagging recoveries that took weeks or even months.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yeah we gave my little boy the Hyland Naturals when he was younger. The good news is that kids can take the product that I sent you. It truly does work wonders

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I am buying it , still.git 2 little ones home

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stress is a major component here too - beta androstenetriol has been shown to drastically improve immune function

This is one of the great things about Neuro AET and Invictus

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stress is a major component here too - beta androstenetriol has been shown to drastically improve immune function

This is one of the great things about Neuro AET and Invictus

Living in NYC, I'd probably have to drown myself in AET and Invictus, lol!