Any ideas to keep the blood flowin during a good workout??

JerseyJoe

JerseyJoe

Awards
Hey guys, I've been havin a problem keeping the blood flowin during my superset minimum rest routine I started.

After the about the second set my arms are so tight I don't feel like I am getting the workouts I should be. I stretch after every superset, but my biceps just don;t seem to loosen up. It doesn't matter if I do arms, back or chest my bis tighten right up on me. After about 30mins of finishing my routine I feel as if I didn't even hit the gym.

Any ideas??

Thanks

I just started a superset routine about 2 weeks ago with chest/back, legs, and arms, 3 days on 1 day off.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you clarify your post? It sounds like you're biceps are getting pumped, but you're looking for what exactly?

JerseyJoe

JerseyJoe

Awards
Yea sorry, They are gettin pumped, which is great, on arm days, but they get so tight on chest/back days that they are prevent me from getting the burn in my chest and back. When I leave the gym my chest and back don't feel sore at all my by bis stay tight for about 30 mins or so after leavin the gym.

I donno if it's because they are under trained or what.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
how does your chest/back routine look?

we need the order of exercises, sets/reps, and group supersets as superset A, superset B, etc.

JerseyJoe

JerseyJoe

Awards
It's 3 days on 1 day off. I switch the superset groups every time the routine restarts. (The groups stay the same I just change the order I do them)

Chest/Back
Incline Bench 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Wide Grip Pulldowns 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Flat Bench 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Pulley Rows 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Cable Cross 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Bentover Rows 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Abs
-----------------------------
Legs
Squats 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Leg Curls 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Leg Extensions 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Dead Lifts 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Standing Calf Raises 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
Arms
Lat Raises 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Bentover Lat Raise 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Standing Curls 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Pressdowns 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Hammer Curls 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Upright Rows 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Dips 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Abs
---------------------------------

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I
Chest/Back
Incline Bench 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Wide Grip Pulldowns 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Flat Bench 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Pulley Rows 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Cable Cross 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Bentover Rows 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Abs
Legs
Squats 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Leg Curls 10x10 @ 65% 1RM

Leg Extensions 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
superset with
Dead Lifts 10x10 @ 65% 1RM
bent over rows, wide grip pulldowns, and pulley rows pump your biceps more than your back? if you were doing chinups i would understand this as a reality of training rather than your form. you need to start using straps, and learn how to pull with your back rather than your biceps - you'll have to lower the weights down till you get the feel of it. additionally, why deadlifts on leg day? they're the hands down best back builder.

also, i would always do cable crossovers as my last chest exercise - they build the pump like nothing else, and there's just no reason to do them first.

10 sets of 10 IMO may be way too much volume for you, but i don't know you.

to recap, try lowering the weight, establishing the mind/muscle connection. use straps to help with this if possible. deads on back day.

that's all i got.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I agree with above, sounds like form on back exercises needs work. I would even go as far as say do the above without straps. It will force you to lower weight and really focus on squeezing shoulder blades back on those exercises. You act like your hands are just hooks around the bar, don't grip the hell out of it, and keep bi's relaxed as much as possible. The pulling action is with shoulders and lats. Squeeze shoulder blades together at each rep and hold for a 2 count. If you have a partner, have them touch the middle of your back during set and "try to pinch his fingers" with your shoulder blades. Your weight will go down but focus will go up and you will get more efficient and effective with back workout.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
work harder and if you are wanting to keep the blood flowing during your workout take a Nitric Oxide product.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
you could always do some light cardio in between sets to get blood flowing... but getting the blood flowing doesnt seem to be your problem...