John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
geezus, i had forgotten how well perform works!!! took 4 30 minutes before we went to bed last night.:firedevil:
yeah its good when you need it. I like it pre-workiut(and when I need it haha)

Today hard cardio- 30 minutes hard interval cardio, burnt an easy 400 calories on the calculation thing, 5 minutes light warmup on the stationary bike for my knees to get loose and limber

hard cardio tires me out. Actually I have been leaning out quite nicely just from easy cardio-walking. Wanted to add a hard cardio day in- took a lot out of me-not used to it and did it without stimulates

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah its good when you need it. I like it pre-workiut(and when I need it haha)

Today hard cardio- 30 minutes hard interval cardio, burnt an easy 400 calories on the calculation thing, 5 minutes light warmup on the stationary bike for my knees to get loose and limber

hard cardio tires me out. Actually I have been leaning out quite nicely just from easy cardio-walking. Wanted to add a hard cardio day in- took a lot out of me-not used to it and did it without stimulates

try 2 hghpro w/2 or more motivate before cardio, time just flies.

3z really surprised me!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

thanks for following along Tom-very thoughful of you

3z surprised me as well- stronger sleep aid than hghpro imo, hghpro is more for grwoth hormone release(and sleep as well)

will have to try 2 hghpro and 2 motivate before cardio. Ill be trying l tartrate L- cartinine beefore cardio which AI just released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9_hwDxx3A

ive used alcar for years and I think that any type of L-carntine does what L tartrate does- but there is only a study on the tartrate so i cant prove it. regardless any form is good stuff and helps fatloss imo

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks for following along Tom-very thoughful of you

3z surprised me as well- stronger sleep aid than hghpro imo, hghpro is more for grwoth hormone release(and sleep as well)

will have to try 2 hghpro and 2 motivate before cardio. Ill be trying l tartrate L- cartinine beefore cardio which AI just released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9_hwDxx3A

ive used alcar for years and I think that any type of L-carntine does what L tartrate does- but there is only a study on the tartrate so i cant prove it. regardless any form is good stuff and helps fatloss imo

carnitines are a strange breed, imo. it seems they all act differently. plcar is my fav/then lclt/then alcar.

i once read a study that showed that a combo of lclt/alcar had better penile function ability than injected testosterone-crazy huh????

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
carnitines are a strange breed, imo. it seems they all act differently. plcar is my fav/then lclt/then alcar.

i once read a study that showed that a combo of lclt/alcar had better penile function ability than injected testosterone-crazy huh????
yup I saw that -it supposed to increase fertility if your trying to get the wife preggo-which may be my goal at somepoint- not now though

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yup I saw that -it supposed to increase fertility if your trying to get the wife preggo-which may be my goal at somepoint- not now though
lol-if my wife got preggo it would have to be immaculate conception, lol. she had those parts removed years ago.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That's what I like to here, I like surpises...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to try 3Z!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's what I like to here, I like surpises...
only when they are good ones, lol. the effect was much better than the label would indicate, at least imo.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff that 3Z sounds excellent.

John,

I really hope that you can recover without it. A Labral tear will normally not heal on its own due to the nature of the injury and the circulation or lack there of in white tissue. I would ask the guy who had the surgery that is worse now what it was for. People who have the torn rotator cuffs have spotty recovery, and so do those with bone spurs. However, a labral tear does not have any issues on the muscle and as long as it is not inflamed it doesn't hurt when exercising but will afterwards or if bad enough during or has trigger spots that flare quickly when your bone runs across that path. Cool thing is if only a labral tear they aren't fixing any moving parts just replacing the bumper if you will.

Either way good luck but if this is a labral tear the quickest way back to you having some size is going to be the surgery.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff that 3Z sounds excellent.

John,

I really hope that you can recover without it. A Labral tear will normally not heal on its own due to the nature of the injury and the circulation or lack there of in white tissue. I would ask the guy who had the surgery that is worse now what it was for. People who have the torn rotator cuffs have spotty recovery, and so do those with bone spurs. However, a labral tear does not have any issues on the muscle and as long as it is not inflamed it doesn't hurt when exercising but will afterwards or if bad enough during or has trigger spots that flare quickly when your bone runs across that path. Cool thing is if only a labral tear they aren't fixing any moving parts just replacing the bumper if you will.

Either way good luck but if this is a labral tear the quickest way back to you having some size is going to be the surgery.
Chris,

knowledge is power and you seem to really know your stuff in this area of surgery-Thank you

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am taking off until Thursday , some times I feel run down and the best thing to do is take off a couple days of no lifting or even no activity and pile in with good nutrition

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am taking off until Thursday , some times I feel run down and the best thing to do is take off a couple days of no lifting or even no activity and pile in with good nutrition

man, this weather has me starting to feel run down-geezus it's nasty out.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
man, this weather has me starting to feel run down-geezus it's nasty out.
over the hundreds today i was out today less than a couple minutes everything was soaked my forehead, my nice polo shirt

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep been hot and dry here. Not 100 but staying 97-99 going on several weeks now. By the way you are welcome to any knowledge I have regarding the SLAP procedure, that is what they call it when they are repairing the torn labrum. By the way I had lost a lot of weight the first time I had the surgery from doing cardio only for like 8 months trying to let the shoulder heal. Well I got down to 168 by the time I was able to start lifting. I was ripped no doubt but what was even cooler was that about 4 weeks from the time I started lifting I had already added back close to 20 lbs. My muscle came back so fast it was unreal. Don't be too worried about muscle loss. You have been big for a while it isn't going anywhere, even if it looks like it is gone it is just waiting to be fed and stimulated. Your body is meant to be thick and muscled it isn't going against you rgenetics to try to grow for you it is going against them to get lean same as with me. That is very beneficial in recovering from a surgery.

I have done it both ways and I would definitely recommend working toward getting really lean if you decide to have the surgery. You can do cardio throughout the entire recovery and then when you can lift about 6 weeks out from the surgery everything just fills back up like a balloon but you are still lean. It was way better than this year when I tried to keep my body weight up and spent a long time trying to bring the fat levels back down. It is just easier to let muscle rebound than it is to try to pull fat off.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep been hot and dry here. Not 100 but staying 97-99 going on several weeks now. By the way you are welcome to any knowledge I have regarding the SLAP procedure, that is what they call it when they are repairing the torn labrum. By the way I had lost a lot of weight the first time I had the surgery from doing cardio only for like 8 months trying to let the shoulder heal. Well I got down to 168 by the time I was able to start lifting. I was ripped no doubt but what was even cooler was that about 4 weeks from the time I started lifting I had already added back close to 20 lbs. My muscle came back so fast it was unreal. Don't be too worried about muscle loss. You have been big for a while it isn't going anywhere, even if it looks like it is gone it is just waiting to be fed and stimulated. Your body is meant to be thick and muscled it isn't going against you rgenetics to try to grow for you it is going against them to get lean same as with me. That is very beneficial in recovering from a surgery.

I have done it both ways and I would definitely recommend working toward getting really lean if you decide to have the surgery. You can do cardio throughout the entire recovery and then when you can lift about 6 weeks out from the surgery everything just fills back up like a balloon but you are still lean. It was way better than this year when I tried to keep my body weight up and spent a long time trying to bring the fat levels back down. It is just easier to let muscle rebound than it is to try to pull fat off.
I agree with you. Its similar to contest rebound

shoulder felt good today on shoulders , not going heavy or anything yet though very slowly moving up in weight seeing if I hit a pain platue, then its decision time, usually its more chest movements that seem to cause pain.

7-13-2011 Calves, Shoulders, triceps

Seated Calve raises (nb shoes) 45+25=10, 45+35=10,11,12,12
leg press toe raises 4 plates=10, 5 plates=10,10,8

Standing side laterals 25lbs=15,10,10
standing bent over side laterals 25lbs=15,13,15
Seatd dumbbell press 45lbs=13, 10,10

tricep rope extensions 90lbs=10,10,10
Nautilus double chest machine(close grip press- last half of movement for triceps stress) 110lbs=15, 120lbs=10, 11
lying tricep extensions 75lbs=10,9,10

took a break from supplements past 3 days (and training) will start back on them tomorrow

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice lift!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice lift!
Thank you. I am holding back big time on my lifts and poundage, taking it real slow to see if my should tendon can gradually move up in weight and take the stress so when I get to back old training poundage it does not hurt.

7-14-2011 back,traps

Nautilus pullover machine 110lbs=15x's, 120lbs=9, 8
underhandgrip-close pulldown 140lbs=10x's
underhandclose grip cchinup-bodyweight= 10x's
neutral grip pullup- bodyweight- 8x's
widegrip assisted pullups(can not do these, too much shoulder pain for me) 80lbs=12x's

barbell row
185lbs=10,10
one arm dumbbell row 75lbs=10, 85=10, 100lbs=10

seated dumbbell shrugs 75lbs=10,10,10

hghpro 4 caps
stoked 1 cap
recoverpro- 6 scoops
perform 3 capsules- bottle ran out- new one coming soon
glycobol- one or two capsules

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterday 1 hour sleep did an ARt session

Ive been going to Dr. Jeremy Jessop since at least 3 months now. he did something different today...He did fricton massage with this special iron board like machine that vibrates, then some new stuff lying down, while me twist me arm and him going back and forth pretty hard on the spot that Ive had trouble with, then lying down foward stretches, then supraspantis stretches, then the stim machine on the exact spot where it hurts with an ice pack on it.

This has probally been my longest session and feel good about this.

Supplements
Motivate- 2 capsules- since I got one hour sleep this really helps since I dont take stims much
3z- 3 capsules
Recoverpro- like 4 scoops or so

7-16-2011 Quads, hams, and calves

*I usually don't train calves much however, I went to another gym I normally do not train at because of their leg machine(Nautilus Incline leg press) and took advantage of new stimulus. Ill probably start going to this gym here and there for the different equipment , in addition to my regular gym.

warmup- 8 minutes station bike, stretches, hip flexor warmup- I do the Dorian Yates warmup for legs in the "A Week in the Dungeon" video with Mark Dugdale.
Hyperextenions=10x's

Quads
Leg extension-(best leg extension machine around-didnt get the name of it) 100lbs=15, 120lbs=15
Nautilus Incline leg press 4 plates(per side)(#2)=10, 4 plates(#1)=10, 12,10
Leg extension burnout 120lbs=20x's

Hamstrings
Lying leg curl 80lbs=15, 96lbs=10x's (this may not seem as I am doing much more on my home gym but boy does this hit the hammies differently)
Barbell Sldl(to shins-Yates way) 225lbs=9, 245=9, 10

calves Nautilus Incline leg press toe raises 3 plates=10, 4 plates=10, 10

Hyperextension=10x's

Supplements
Perform- 4 capsules pre workout
L-tartrate-L-Carnitine- 2 grams pre first meal, 1 gram pre workout
Glycobol 2 caps- 1 pre workout and 1 before postworkout meal
Maniac- pink lemonaid- guys if you have not tryed this please do its the best pre I have ever tasted- mixed with any of the new recoverpro-it is fabulous
recoverpro- 4 scoops thus far- mixed flavors of red raspberry and lemon
Stoked- one capsule
3z- 3 capsules before bed 30 mins or so after last meal

and guys if you have not, when you have time listen to this -Thank me later (ill be using 3z when higher on carbs and hghpro when lower and hgh levels are better utilized)

http://www.rxmuscle.com/strongman/rx-power-hour.html

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
today off day

I went and bought those 1/2 lbs- esp for dumbbell increments- wow 20 $ for one pound increase- I was expecting them to be much less and for four pounds that is 80 $$

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah they are expensive for what they are. I got a couple of ziploc bags of pennies and some duct tape to make mine for the house. Not something I would take to the gym but when i am at home I can use that until I get my lazy self back up to the hardware store.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah they are expensive for what they are. I got a couple of ziploc bags of pennies and some duct tape to make mine for the house. Not something I would take to the gym but when i am at home I can use that until I get my lazy self back up to the hardware store.
yeah definitely not worth it if your on a certain budget. I may buy some more at another time when I have the funds

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are they the ones that are magnets and you can use on db and barbell?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are they the ones that are magnets and you can use on db and barbell?
you know, thats a funny thought, you may be able to just go to the dollar store or a flea market and pick up some fairly heavy magnets cheaper

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
you know, thats a funny thought, you may be able to just go to the dollar store or a flea market and pick up some fairly heavy magnets cheaper
Either in here or my current log I posted up a link to the article on bb.com on how to make them with some links of chain and a d clamp. I also made some bags of pennies and wieghed them out then just stuck them to the weight plate with duct tape. YOu can reuse the duct tape throughout the workout. However I was thinking along the same lines as you regarding the magnets.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either in here or my current log I posted up a link to the article on bb.com on how to make them with some links of chain and a d clamp. I also made some bags of pennies and wieghed them out then just stuck them to the weight plate with duct tape. YOu can reuse the duct tape throughout the workout. However I was thinking along the same lines as you regarding the magnets.
I just plan my increases to be 5 lbs works ok for me...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you shouldn't need them until you start getting close to max for rep range. Of course finding one of those on EPI, EPI-V or SARMS is hard to do so you haven't experienced it yet. ;)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use them for dumbbells mainly. i figure at just a lb increase it will keep my mind satisfied in increasing some weight from one workout to the next.

I am currently on a calorie cycling where I go a bit lower carbs, not too drastic, on some days and use hghpro because lower carbs equal lower glycogen stores, and mine are not filled to the top. and on the higher carb day I use 3z, as from what i learned from Chris Aceto's last radio show when glycogen stores are higher hgh is inhibited a bit since insulin and growth hormone are like the opposite of one another. make sense to anyone?

I highly recommend listening to this if you have not-highly valuable http://www.rxmuscle.com/strongman/rx-power-hour/3676-jefftheproducer-hmr.html

7-18-2011 Calves, chest, biceps *I am still holding back a lot of intensity- I have to do what i have to do and move up in weight real slowly-so far its going pretty good. Having said that now that i have dropped my ego and nicely in tune with payign attention where aches and pains come from, I do think that sometimes- yes sometimes I can go pretty higher intensity- when my body allows it- not right now

dumbbell between feet( nike shoes) 45=13, 50=12, 12
Leg press toe raises 4 plates+5=12, 5 plates+5=10, 10

warmup shoulders plus 3 sets of shoulder horn

Chest
Incline smith 165lbs=10, 170lbs=9, 175=10, 8
Nautilus double chest machone -pec dec 100lbs=10, 110lbs=9, 10
Incline fly 30lbs=12, 30.5lbs=10, 31lbs=10

Biceps
Barbell curl 75lbs=15, 8, 10
one arm hammer preacher 25lbs=10 * had to stop left bicep hurt- maybe a strain hopefully not a partial tear or tear- been hurting last couple weeks
hammer curl- same thing had to quit em
concentration curl 25lbs=10, 10, 8
One arm cable curl 30lbs=15, 40lbs=10-dropset30=10--20=11, 10lbs=10

Supplements
Maniac- pink lemonaid- guys if you have not tryed this please do its the best pre I have ever tasted- mixed with any of the new recoverpro-it is fabulous
Stoked- one capsule
hghpro- 4 caps pre bed

7-19-2011 25 min walk

supplements about the same as above

7-20-2011 Calves, shoulders, triceps

Seated calve raise 45+25=10, 45+35=12, 45+45=7,8,8
standing calve raise 340lbs=10, 360lbs=11, 380=10

shoulder warmups- plus shoulder horn 3 sets

Standing side laterals 25lbs=10, 12, 26lbs=12
standing bent over laterals 26lbs=20,20,20 *my rear delts are so strong I kid you not I used to do 85 lbs side laterals 7 years ago-now I just do the same weight as side laterals to balance them out. I could do all day up to 50 reps at this weight
seated dumbbell press 46lbs=13x's, 10,10

triceps
tricep rope extension 90lbs=15, 100lbs=10, 130lbs=8
Dips facing forward (10, 6
facing away 6, 9
one arm dumbbell behind the head extensions 30lbs=10, 10

Supplements
Glycobol 1 before postworkout meal
Stoked- one capsule
hghpro- 4 caps

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Putting in some nice work John!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah you shouldn't need them until you start getting close to max for rep range. Of course finding one of those on EPI, EPI-V or SARMS is hard to do so you haven't experienced it yet. ;)
Yah I have but I have been doing higher reps so I just miss a rep or two here and there, but yah I have been stronger. I just plan on hitting around 100% in the last week. Then I go down 5 lbs each workout which has me starting at 70-75%, if I can get over 100% at the end so much the better.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah I have but I have been doing higher reps so I just miss a rep or two here and there, but yah I have been stronger. I just plan on hitting around 100% in the last week. Then I go down 5 lbs each workout which has me starting at 70-75%, if I can get over 100% at the end so much the better.
You have also been using yor share of otc prohormones recently so thats a big plus as well for you in ther strength /recovery department.

7-21-2011 off

L-tartrate-L-Carnitine- 2 grams pre first meal,
recoverpro- 6 scoops mixed flavors of red raspberry and lemon
Stoked- one capsule
3z before bed

been feeling worn down mentally/physically and stressed out- took 40 grams l-glutamine and it helps a lot

7-22-2011 Back, traps

warmups plus shoulder horn- 3 sets,,3lbs, 5,lbs, 5lbs- about 15 reps per set

Nautilus pullover machine 110lbs=12, 130lbs=9
Close grip undergrip pulldown 150lbs=13, 10
Neutral gruip pullups(bodyweight- 220) 10, 6

T bar rows (25's for greater range of motion) 4 plates=10, 5 plates=10, 6 plates=10, 6 plates=10
Rack deadlift(at shin)
First set(after warmuos of course) was a technique I got from greg Kovacs i call squeezing the scapula and glutes) 275lbs=10x's
regular way 315lbs=10, 10

traps
seated dumbell shrugs 65lbs=10, 75lbs=15, 75lbs=10

AI Sports Supplements taking
Maniac- pink lemonaid- - mixed with any of the new recoverpro-it is fabulous
recoverpro- 5 scoops thus far- mixed flavors of red raspberry and lemon
Stoked- one capsule
3z - pre bed

******* I just want to say this because I feel it is very important. I am not training full intensity. I am using lighter weughts-feeling the squeeze more, and holding back from training hard and intense; although, it is better than not training at all. This injury Ive had has forced me to hold back. I hope to ttrain intense again and know I can **********

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will be fine to stimulate some growth, even if strength is not crazy the new adaptation required is still going to cause some growth.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perform- 4 capsules pre workout on weight days
Glycobol 2 caps- 1 pre workout and 1 before postworkout meal on weight days
Maniac- pink lemonaid- - on weight days
recoverpro- 5 -7 scoops daily
Stoked- one capsule daily
3z - 3 pre bed daily

7-23-2011 hard cardio

10 minutes bike ride to warm up knees,

45 minutes running on 4.7 . Went up to 7.0 for a little while- exhausted myself totally esp at over 220lbs

7-24-2011 rest

7-25-2011 Calves, Chest, biceps- went to another gym for better machines (DAC center)

Seated Calve machine 45+45+5=10, 45+45+25+5=4, 45+45+5= 10, 45+45+5=10
Leg press toe raises 250lbs=12, 310=8, 7 , 250lbs=10

shoulder warmups plus shoulder horn- 3 sets of 5 lbs-about 10-15 reps

Chest
Incline dumbell press-love this incline maybe at 30%-going to start going here more for chest--65lbs=10,10,10,8
Dips- this is a perfect dip machine at 32-33 inches(one Vince Gorinda recommended) 10,10,8
Chest press machine 130lbs=10, 145=12, 145=12
Cable crossover _forgot to write down reps/weight

Biceps
Seated alternate db curl 35lbs=8,8,8 -holding back on weight-left biceps been feeling off
Preacher curl 65lbs=9,9,9
Cable curl 42.5=15, 50lbs=10,10

Great workout I am holding back big time -I like this gyms equipment so Ill be coming here more often for chest- love the eqipment

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3z - 3 pre bed daily

7-23-2011 hard cardio

10 minutes bike ride to warm up knees,

45 minutes running on 4.7 . Went up to 7.0 for a little while- exhausted myself totally esp at over 220lbs

7-24-2011 rest

7-25-2011 Calves, Chest, biceps- went to another gym for better machines (DAC center)

Seated Calve machine 45+45+5=10, 45+45+25+5=4, 45+45+5= 10, 45+45+5=10
Leg press toe raises 250lbs=12, 310=8, 7 , 250lbs=10

shoulder warmups plus shoulder horn- 3 sets of 5 lbs-about 10-15 reps

Chest
Incline dumbell press-love this incline maybe at 30%-going to start going here more for chest--65lbs=10,10,10,8
Dips- this is a perfect dip machine at 32-33 inches(one Vince Gorinda recommended) 10,10,8
Chest press machine 130lbs=10, 145=12, 145=12
Cable crossover _forgot to write down reps/weight

Biceps
Seated alternate db curl 35lbs=8,8,8 -holding back on weight-left biceps been feeling off
Preacher curl 65lbs=9,9,9
Cable curl 42.5=15, 50lbs=10,10

Great workout I am holding back big time -I like this gyms equipment so Ill be coming here more often for chest- love the equipment

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will be fine to stimulate some growth, even if strength is not crazy the new adaptation required is still going to cause some growth.
I was thinking the same thing while I was reading some previous posts. I recently started playing around with my weight/rep schemes in under this very pretense :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah that's how I have been training and with good results...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7-26-2011 Quads, Hams

warmups

Nautilus leg extension 120lbs=12,12
Smith Squat 185=10, 225=8, 7
hack squat 225=10, 315=7

Lying leg curl 120lbs=10, 9, 8
seated leg curl 110lbs=15, 150=8, 140=11
incline glute ham raises bodyweight= 15x's, bodyweight+35lbs=10, 7

7-27-2011 40 minutes gard intervual cardio

7-28-2011 20 minute walk- and I walked around the grocery store very slow for about 40 minutes following grandmother- helping her pick groceries. then weights- Calves, shoulders, and triceps

Reverse dumbbell calve raise 40lbs=10, 50lbs=10, 12, 15
leg press calve raises 4 plates=10, 5 plates=10, 12

shoulder warmups + 3 sets shoulder horn 5lbs, 5lbs, 8lbs

shoulders
standing side laterals 30lbs=10, 8 25lbs=10, 9 *again I am holding back on intensity due to not pushing too hard because of previous injury and injury prevention*
Bent over side laterals 30lbs=12, 10, 10
Seated dumbbell press 50lbs=10, 9, 8

triceps
triceps rope pushdown 110lbs=10,10,10
Nautilus double chest triceps - close grip press only triceps part of movement 120lbs=10, 10, 11
Lying triceps extensions 75lbs=10, 85lbs=10, 10

3z - 3 pre bed daily- although I may cut them out I noticed I got better sleep without them- strange huh
motivate- been taking them this week

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7-29-2011 Off day went to another ART session

I feel I have made some nice progress and although I am not training balls out intensity I am training with more volume and my weights have progressed. I asked him if he thinks I will be able to train with high intensity again and he said yes. Good to have another support, because I knew I could do it alone and when I have another supporting-backing me up me it makes it much better. Things are looking good in this department

7-30-2011 Back, Traps

warmups+shoulder horn 3 sets 3lbs, 5lb, 5lb

Nautilus pullover 120lbs=12, 130lbs=12
Undergrip close pulldown 150lbs=11
Close grip chinup(bodyweight) 11x's, 8x's
neutral grip pullup(bodyweight) 10, 9

T bar rows (25 lb plate for better ROM) 5 plates=12, 6 plates=12, 6 plates+10=10
wide grip cable rows 100lbs=12, 10, 10
Rack deads( Greg Kovacks Technique) 275=10

L-tartrate-L-Carnitine- 3 grams pre first meal,
Maniac- pink lemonaid- -
recoverpro- 7 scoops
Stoked- one capsule
Raspberry Ketones- one capsule before first meal

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7-31-2011 45 minutes hard cardio
I have not had to use much harder cardio, the diet has me losing at the pace I want, even now that I am dropping very low. I am prepared to do what I think is necessary but I just keep losing. Like a dream come true for me... actually for that most part I just do my walks, I only do extra cardio if I want to eat extra food.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have not had to use much harder cardio, the diet has me losing at the pace I want, even now that I am dropping very low. I am prepared to do what I think is necessary but I just keep losing. Like a dream come true for me... actually for that most part I just do my walks, I only do extra cardio if I want to eat extra food.
yup the extra cardio would actually backfire on you at this point. Me on the other hand, I just starting it. I am almost doing a mini contest preparation, even though I do not have a contest to prepare for, I look at is practice to learn my body more and the added benefit or keeping lean. I am doing a fatloss stack of Raspberry Ketones, L carntine tartrate, bcaa's- first thing in the morning and on hard cardio days motivate

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yup the extra cardio would actually backfire on you at this point. Me on the other hand, I just starting it. I am almost doing a mini contest preparation, even though I do not have a contest to prepare for, I look at is practice to learn my body more and the added benefit or keeping lean. I am doing a fatloss stack of Raspberry Ketones, L carntine tartrate, bcaa's- first thing in the morning and on hard cardio days motivate
Ah I love motivate and am doing some DCP as well and tons of Recoverpro... I have had to slow down on the stims and started with Revamp good product it you ever get too climatized to stims... for me 2 is a bit underdosed though I started at 4 ed and it worked very well now trying 3 as recommended so we'll see.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice workouts John! Reading all your workouts has left me itching to get back in the gym next week. Have some goals and targets i want to meet this year and next. Will be doing my first show in may, now that Danica's health has settled down. Feels like the weight of the world has been taken off my shoulders!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First, John some great workouts in here. Sorry to hear that your biceps is acting up. Right now my hip is acting up because I got caught up in the fun of going heavy on legs. Other than that I am feeling great, shoulders feel pretty good too. Interesting the 3z didn't help your sleep. Maybe you are spoiled to HGHPro. Was surpised to see a sleep product when HGHPro is so effective at inducing sleep.

Thanks for the samples, I am going to try the Maniac with my next lift and I just had the Lemon Flavored recoverpro and it was pretty good. Mixed okay with a spoon but I prefer to shake mine I can tell by the consistency when shaken it mixes very easily. Flavor was good, and was even better dry on my fingers. :) Nice and tart like a powdered candy or something.

Nice workouts John! Reading all your workouts has left me itching to get back in the gym next week. Have some goals and targets i want to meet this year and next. Will be doing my first show in may, now that Danica's health has settled down. Feels like the weight of the world has been taken off my shoulders!
So glad to hear that her health has finally leveled back off and she is doing better. I can't wait to see what a not so distracted Punthra can do. You are good people Jason and I wish the best for both of you. Did you order the 5aohtp or whatever the name of the progestin is from Taurus? Man I really really enjoyed that stuff. No sides, good mass like Epi, not huge on strength gains, just what you would expect with added muscle.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jason, great to hear about your wife being well. and good to hear about you competing I am sure you will do well with all that mass you carry. I wanna see what a shredded-lean punthra looks like.

First, John some great workouts in here. Sorry to hear that your biceps is acting up. Right now my hip is acting up because I got caught up in the fun of going heavy on legs. Other than that I am feeling great, shoulders feel pretty good too. Interesting the 3z didn't help your sleep. Maybe you are spoiled to HGHPro. Was surpised to see a sleep product when HGHPro is so effective at inducing sleep.

Thanks for the samples, I am going to try the Maniac with my next lift and I just had the Lemon Flavored recoverpro and it was pretty good. Mixed okay with a spoon but I prefer to shake mine I can tell by the consistency when shaken it mixes very easily. Flavor was good, and was even better dry on my fingers. :) Nice and tart like a powdered candy or something. .
I am taking a break from hghpro and 3z currently. Took hghpro for like 4-5 months strait and the l-dopa may have increased dopamine levels too much- I dont know. Word of advice mix the pink lemonade maniac with a recoverpro flavor- so so good. I think the lemon flavor is my favorite. You really need a shaker cup with this stuff. mixing it with a spoon does not work nearly as good. Thank you Chris. Glad to hear shoulder is doing better

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll see your shaker cup and raise you a blender bottle!!! :toofunny:

Seriously though...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
8-1-2011 cardio-20-25 mins outside in 100 degree weather- I felt this wore me down and I may not go outside esp when 100 and over to do cardio anymores-Calves, chest, biceps

cardio 20-25 mins outside cardio

separated by about 5-6 hours, then weights

Calves, Chest , Biceps

seated Calve(barefoot) 45+25=10, 45+45+5=10, 10
leg press toe raises 4 plates(per side)=15, 5 plates=11, 5 p's +25=10

shoulder warmups +shoulder horn

Incline smith 175lbs=10, 9, 7
Nautilus double chest -Pec Dec 110lbs=10, 120lbs=8
Incline dumbbell fly 30lbs=10, 35lbs=10, 10

seated db curl 35lbs=10, 10, 10
nautilus seated preacher curl (widegrip) 100=12, 110=12, 10
Cable curl (ez bar) 100lbs=12, 10, 130lbs=12

8-2-2011 @ Bruce center- I go to two different gyms other than my home gym for their machines

warmups *

leg extension machine 120lbs=15, 15
Nautilus Incline leg press (low and close stance)4 plates=10, 9
(low and higher stance)4 plates=10x's
wide and upper- 4 plates=10
one leg at a time leg extensions 80lbs=15, 100lbs=12, 120lbs=8

lying leg curl (+3 technique) 70lbs=13, 80lbs=9
nautilus incline leg press (high n wide) 2 plates=10, 3 plates=10, 4 plates=10
life fitness leg extension/leg curl-i used leg curl of course- #8=12, 10=10, 11=15

extra calves high reps on same nautilus incline machine 3 plates=10, 4 plates=10, 3 plates=20, 3 plates 15-rest paused-15

8-3-2011 felt totally worn out so took completely off

8-4-2011 calves, shoulders, triceps

seated calve raises 45+45+5=10,11,12
standing calve 400lbs=15, 10, 15

shoulder warmups and shoulder horn

standing side laterals 30lbs=12,10,11,10,8
bent over laterals 30lbs=20,20,20
seated dumbbell press 50lbs=11x's,10,9,8

tricep rope extensions facing forward 120lbs=11, facing backwards 120lbs=8, 11
dips (facing backward) 12,9,8,5
larry scott tricep extensions( v-bar) 90lbs=156, 100lbs=12, 110=10, 13

great workout higher volume feels different than high intensity now that I am doing higher volume and less intensity(still pushing it to what I can do but wont go balls out and stop maybe 2-3 reps of failure)

Supplements
Stoked-one capsule
maniac- pink lemonade pre workout
recoverpro 30-40 grams daily thats6-8 scoops
Glycobol- 2 caps- pre workout and post workout
perform- 4 caps pre workout
L carntine L tartrate- 3 grams in the morning before 1st meal
raspberry ketones- one capsule before first meal

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a real dislike for very high volume routines, love my intensity. As I get longer in the tooth they seem to get harder to finish as well...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a real dislike for very high volume routines, love my intensity. As I get longer in the tooth they seem to get harder to finish as well...
I like high intensity because its short and sweet and I used 6to do hitt type trainiong all the time. Having said that, I think certain bodyparts of mine like shoulders and arms and maybe chest respond better to higher volume. I found this though trial and error.-This is just my body, maybe I have different fibeers there- who knows.

from the serious injuries I have acquired I will always cycle on and off volume and incorporate hitt when I feel it is time because I feel it does have its place and if a person does the same kind of training for months and years on end the body gets used to it. I am thinking when I feel my body is ready for it - 6 weeks high intensity , then cycle off of it then volume.

I generally think it is a good idea to =to switch from hitt to volume.

today 35-40 minutes hard cardio. I took my grandmother to Doctors then took her shopping walked around with her(she was in riding buggy) for about 40 minutes, then thought hey I might as well get cardio done outside since its nice out and that my insulin levels are lower because in my opinion and makes the most sense to myself, a person burns more fat when insulin levels are lower-plus I already have some level of very low exercise going

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff John, glad to see you enjoying your workouts and love how you are taking care of family.