Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
why would animal be pissed?he did some fine tuning but the stack works just as well today as it always has...........................animal is one of the smartest minds out there
Whatever happened to Animal? I used to go to his board quite a bit back in the day....

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR is one of TF's favorite supplements. it is a great newotropic.

-TF

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
Whatever happened to Animal? I used to go to his board quite a bit back in the day....

oh he is def still around changes his website address like he does socks because of people taking his ideas..(ie anarchy stack or his diet)..i was just on his site earlier today..simple google search with the right phrase pulls it up

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Just keeping the thread alive. I have to get back doing this. Thanks search function.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Question- I read somewhere in this thread that r-ala or k-r-ala isn't a good idea take if you're not eating carbs. I'm planning on trying out the anabolic diet. Would I be ok continuing to take k-r-ala with the stack without eating more than 30 carbs a day during the week?

hkloss1

Awards
Hey boys

what's the diffrence between l-carnitine, ALCAR and PLCAR?
Can they all three be taken together ( on the same day ) and at what doses?
I got myself all three and not sure how to take them.
Tnaks for help

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Hey boys

what's the diffrence between l-carnitine, ALCAR and PLCAR?
Can they all three be taken together ( on the same day ) and at what doses?
I got myself all three and not sure how to take them.
Tnaks for help
The difference spelled out pretty clearly in this thread.

l-carnitine from what I've read and is probably not worth your time

ALCAR is pretty much what this thread is about. Take a couple of grams a day and go from there until you find a good dose. May improve mental clarity, have repartitioning effects, improve mood, and make it so you need less sleep or you get more refreshing sleep. The thread has numerous places that go into more detail.

PLCAR I've heard it described as ALCAR for the body. ALCAR makes you feel mentally good, PLCAR makes you feel physically good. Never tried it however.

You should really read this thread. ALCAR is a pro-oxidant, which means you need a strong anti-oxidant such as K-R-ALA or R-ALA to counteract this effect. I've gotten headaches on occasion from taking ALCAR for too long without these. They also have synergistic effects.

As for the second question: yes you can take all three together.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I would just stick with a combo of ALCAR and PLCAR personally.

I'm currently using Primaforce Durablast which has both and liking it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of running:

Green Tea Extract: 2 caps, 2x per day
Forskolin (Forslean): 50mg active, 3x per day
ALCAR: 1 gram, 2x per day
Tyrosine: 2 grams, 2x per day
DLPA: 750mg, 2x per day
Vaporize: 1 cap, 3x per day
NAC: 600mg, 3x per day

hkloss1

Awards
ok, thanks mate
I know also that one of those, don't remember exactly which one shouldn't be taken for longer than 60 days.
will try and see how I go with those.
All the best

The difference spelled out pretty clearly in this thread.

l-carnitine from what I've read and is probably not worth your time

ALCAR is pretty much what this thread is about. Take a couple of grams a day and go from there until you find a good dose. May improve mental clarity, have repartitioning effects, improve mood, and make it so you need less sleep or you get more refreshing sleep. The thread has numerous places that go into more detail.

PLCAR I've heard it described as ALCAR for the body. ALCAR makes you feel mentally good, PLCAR makes you feel physically good. Never tried it however.

You should really read this thread. ALCAR is a pro-oxidant, which means you need a strong anti-oxidant such as K-R-ALA or R-ALA to counteract this effect. I've gotten headaches on occasion from taking ALCAR for too long without these. They also have synergistic effects.

As for the second question: yes you can take all three together.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
ok, thanks mate
I know also that one of those, don't remember exactly which one shouldn't be taken for longer than 60 days.
will try and see how I go with those.
All the best
I know all of them but PLCAR are safe to run indefinitely. I don't know about PLCAR because I haven't read anything on it.

agmyers76259

Awards
Hello everyone new on the threads. I've also seen a large number of posts on another thread by author with username Dinoiii. His stack is similar as it recommends the same dosage based on lean body weight, but includes EPA, DHA, sesamin, and a stimulant (namely guarana). What is the real deal in terms of effectiveness guys? I'm currently on this stack and have fairly good results---is acetyl l carn really worth more of my hard earned dough?

agmyers76259

Awards
sorry the similar supplement was CLA for clarification...

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone new on the threads. I've also seen a large number of posts on another thread by author with username Dinoiii. His stack is similar as it recommends the same dosage based on lean body weight, but includes EPA, DHA, sesamin, and a stimulant (namely guarana). What is the real deal in terms of effectiveness guys? I'm currently on this stack and have fairly good results---is acetyl l carn really worth more of my hard earned dough?
For a cost effective stack try this:

3g powder ALCAR 2x ED
Bulk green tea caps 2-3x ED
15g Fish Oil ED
Bulk ALA caps 30 min prior to meals

ALCAR is worth it IMO. PLCAR is too if you have the money. Its more expensive tho. ALCAR is dirt cheap and effective.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Dinoii is a very smart guy... He made some good points about the forms of L-Carnitine and supposedly the L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate form is as feasible as the rest of them.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Dinoii is a very smart guy... He made some good points about the forms of L-Carnitine and supposedly the L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate form is as feasible as the rest of them.
I've never heard of L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate....where did he talk about that?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate....where did he talk about that?
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/92030-methyl-masterdrol-v2-45.html#post1437269

Why didn't he mention all that other "stuff" though?

Each is merely a different salt rendering some of the specific concentration of the carnitine part useless. The studies that are out there on all the varying salts were paid for by the people that put the salts out. Why is this important? Because the "arginate" portion for instance of so-called Glycocarn was only done so to create a new patent. To suggest its superiority would require an independent on propionyl-L-carnitine vs. propionyl-L-carnitine-arginate...the same could be said for ALCAR and ALCAR-L-arginate, so on...

Sigma-tau is merely using the same schemes as the pharmaceutical industry in their classification. Its actually mildly disheartening, albeit not-surprising. Besides studies suggested these were actually inferior...why? Because when you start putting on other molecules and still only supply 1 gram, your total concentration of the carnitine part goes down. Same story.

We can assume:

ALCAR - crosses blood brain barrier, concentrates in brain - though we also know of other properties like upregulation of testosterone receptors...so what would that mean? Well, the only similarity between ALCAR and LCLT is the "L-carnitine" - not surprising, but you can't patent it, so people will suggest basic form to be relatively useless. YAWN.

PLC - concentrates in cardiac tissue, again study suggests 1 gram PLC + 1 gram ALCAR + 1 gram of L-carnitine all contributed to increasing T-receptors. Common bond? Yup! The "L-carnitine."

What's the other common bond? A supplement industry as shady as pharmaceutical one. Who do you believe???

D_

agmyers76259

Awards
what do you mean by "ED" please? 15 grams of fish oil seems like an insane amount to me---more specifically, how much epa/dha amounts would I need? that is the effective ingredient in terms of what we are talking about in terms of fat loss, correct?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
what do you mean by "ED" please? 15 grams of fish oil seems like an insane amount to me---more specifically, how much epa/dha amounts would I need? that is the effective ingredient in terms of what we are talking about in terms of fat loss, correct?
ED = each day. Its a large dose, but not crazy....I've done 20-30 and not had any problems. If you're comfortable at a lower dose, then by all means. I'm not sure about epa/dha numbers, as I just use generic fish oil tabs.

Each of the ingredients are independently effective for fat loss. Some speculate that they work synergistically to increase effectiveness.

Some more details on ingredients:

ALCAR is a pro-oxidant with many positive effects that are all over this thread.

ALA is a powerful anti-oxidant. It more or less neutralizes the negative effects of the ALCAR and also helps stabilize your insulin spikes.

Green Tea is an anti-oxidant that also has thermogenic properties.

Fish Oil is a staple that has numerous positive effects including fat burning.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Try capping it.
Yeah but don't make like 500 caps at once, I did that once and if the alcar sits in the caps too long the caps start to dissolve! I would make a 3 week supply max, like 200 caps a batch or something like that.

agmyers76259

Awards
Thank you RobInKuwait. I've got fish oil and grean tea---I would imagine they sell ALA and ALCAR together based on what you've said, probably as one product...heres one I found that seems like an ok deal---plus I can get 8% off this price as well...
---I've read much of this thread regarding both alcar and ala---anyone have better products at better prices you'd recommend straightaway?

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Quote:
Why didn't he mention all that other "stuff" though?

Each is merely a different salt rendering some of the specific concentration of the carnitine part useless. The studies that are out there on all the varying salts were paid for by the people that put the salts out. Why is this important? Because the "arginate" portion for instance of so-called Glycocarn was only done so to create a new patent. To suggest its superiority would require an independent on propionyl-L-carnitine vs. propionyl-L-carnitine-arginate...the same could be said for ALCAR and ALCAR-L-arginate, so on...

Sigma-tau is merely using the same schemes as the pharmaceutical industry in their classification. Its actually mildly disheartening, albeit not-surprising. Besides studies suggested these were actually inferior...why? Because when you start putting on other molecules and still only supply 1 gram, your total concentration of the carnitine part goes down. Same story.

We can assume:

ALCAR - crosses blood brain barrier, concentrates in brain - though we also know of other properties like upregulation of testosterone receptors...so what would that mean? Well, the only similarity between ALCAR and LCLT is the "L-carnitine" - not surprising, but you can't patent it, so people will suggest basic form to be relatively useless. YAWN.

PLC - concentrates in cardiac tissue, again study suggests 1 gram PLC + 1 gram ALCAR + 1 gram of L-carnitine all contributed to increasing T-receptors. Common bond? Yup! The "L-carnitine."

What's the other common bond? A supplement industry as shady as pharmaceutical one. Who do you believe???

D_

Does the above mean that L-carnitine will give the same results as alcar and the rest of the various carnitine forms??

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Does the above mean that L-carnitine will give the same results as alcar and the rest of the various carnitine forms??
I can't begin to understand what that said, but I can tell you from personal experience that PLCAR and ALCAR have totally different properties. Also buried in this thread are many cases where people who tried L-Carnitine without success found success from ALCAR. My understanding is that L-Carnitine is a pretty weak supplement unless injected, while ALCAR has much greater oral bioavailibity.

On a side note, how can people who have never tried PLCAR or ALCAR question the effectiveness, when so many people have had so much success with both supplements. If you doubt the effectiveness of ALCAR read through this thread. ALCAR is dirt cheap...really just buy some bulk and try it for a month and tell me its bunk. I've never heard anyone say that.

As for PLCAR, I can tell you that outside of steroids, no other supplement has enhanced athletic and gym performance anywhere in the same ballpark.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I can't begin to understand what that said, but I can tell you from personal experience that PLCAR and ALCAR have totally different properties. Also buried in this thread are many cases where people who tried L-Carnitine without success found success from ALCAR. My understanding is that L-Carnitine is a pretty weak supplement unless injected, while ALCAR has much greater oral bioavailibity.

On a side note, how can people who have never tried PLCAR or ALCAR question the effectiveness, when so many people have had so much success with both supplements. If you doubt the effectiveness of ALCAR read through this thread. ALCAR is dirt cheap...really just buy some bulk and try it for a month and tell me its bunk. I've never heard anyone say that.

As for PLCAR, I can tell you that outside of steroids, no other supplement has enhanced athletic and gym performance anywhere in the same ballpark.
He may have meant that all of the carnitines are yield the same effect on the production of new androgen receptors.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
He may have meant that all of the carnitines are yield the same effect on the production of new androgen receptors.
Ah ok, I've heard that you get diminishing returns by taking PLCAR and ALCAR than you would either one individually. Is that the same phenenminum?

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I just want off the pills :(
Man, I am starting to understand. I swallow about 50-60 pills a day (vitamins, oils, joint support, preworkout, stims, nutrient partitioners, and more), and swallow about 2-4 powder concoctions depending on the day not including protein supplementation... It's tough to keep up, lol. And from what I've seen, I'm not even close to the numbers many of you throw back!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Man, I am starting to understand. I swallow about 50-60 pills a day (vitamins, oils, joint support, preworkout, stims, nutrient partitioners, and more), and swallow about 2-4 powder concoctions depending on the day not including protein supplementation... It's tough to keep up, lol. And from what I've seen, I'm not even close to the numbers many of you throw back!
Ahhh it's all good man. I'm not throwing up any numbers now. I am on rest.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Better late than never ;)
Isn't it amazing what we can dig up by clicking on that elusive "search" icon :D

I dunno if I'm gonna jump on the carnitine bandwagon just yet. I suppose I still have a bit more reading to do :study:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Isn't it amazing what we can dig up by clicking on that elusive "search" icon :D

I dunno if I'm gonna jump on the carnitine bandwagon just yet. I suppose I still have a bit more reading to do :study:
I like it as part of nootropic drink mixes. Neurostim, Focus XT, GO, etc.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That bandwagon is getting hot again...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I repped him anyhow

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR is one of the best supplements I've ever used and I've tried far too many to count. I noticed stronger erections, more energy.. better sense of well being. A top 5 for sure.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR is my favorite supplement for so many reasons. For people who are constantly on stims, try taking a break and use ALCAR at 3 grams per dose. I guarantee you will feel better on the ALCAR than any stimulant out there.