Absoluty best well rounded epi product

Zariph

Awards
Hello

What is the best epicatethin product atm?....Which one has the most goodies + best absorbtion etc? Getting a bit confused with all these different epi products

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The epicatechin product with the best absorption is epic unleashed by a long shot

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Transdermal or Complexed with Phosphatidylcholine will give you the best bio-availability.

Zariph

Awards
yeh also thought that Ep1c unleashed would be one of the better ones...but then I see some of the epi product like anafuse / myosynergy etc which also contains laxogenin etc? wondered if that was more worth the price

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeh also thought that Ep1c unleashed would be one of the better ones...but then I see some of the epi product like anafuse / myosynergy etc which also contains laxogenin etc? wondered if that was more worth the price
Myosynergy is somewhat different as it has several beneficial ingredients that complement the -epi. However, they don't help with absorption. if you don't respond well to regular -epi you still may get something from it.

EPIC Unleashed resolves the absorption problem with -epi which allows the non-responders to reap the rewards! For those that do respond to regular -epi get a nice boost with EU!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In my opinion I think it's better. I've used follidrone and anafuse both and I love follidrone but anafuse with the laxogenin kicks butt! I would advice running a bottle of anafuse first if you don't like it then go with follidrone or ep1c unleashed. All three are killer products though and you wont be disappointed whichever one you go with.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also haven't seen any disappointments with CEL Epi-Plex either. I've been running it for months, and have noted endurance and vascularity increases. It contains Piperine for absorption. :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I dont know that any of the products can truly claim better absorption as there hasn't been too muhc in the way of legit study (just anecdotal ffedback, really)

Epi-Plex, Ep1C Unleased, etc all have enhancers, but to ssay one is better than the other really seems to be personal preference until more data is avaialble

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I dont know that any of the products can truly claim better absorption as there hasn't been too muhc in the way of legit study (just anecdotal ffedback, really)

Epi-Plex, Ep1C Unleased, etc all have enhancers, but to ssay one is better than the other really seems to be personal preference until more data is avaialble

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This^^^^

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also haven't seen any disappointments with CEL Epi-Plex either. I've been running it for months, and have noted endurance and vascularity increases. It contains Piperine for absorption. :)
The quality and price is nice too.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Agreed, I didn't want to get into it, LOL. I saw nothing with the 1st Gen oral delivery (just like the research used).

Where is the research at these days? Any further studies? Hopefully in trained males showing how much more LBM/Strength you'll have at the end of a year, taking -(-)Epi .vs not?

test112

Awards
  • Established
What's currently the best bang for one's buck, purely based on mg/$? I'm too lazy to figure it out but I'm sure someone's done the numbers. Thanks in advance!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's currently the best bang for one's buck, purely based on mg/$? I'm too lazy to figure it out but I'm sure someone's done the numbers. Thanks in advance!
I think that is the wrong way to look at -epi supplementation since we know bioavailability is an issue. I am not criticizing any one brand as I have only used a couple myself, but it may lead you to use a plain -epi supplement that you may not respond to. Also, it may difficult to determine precise dosage of -epi in some products since they are not disclosed.

Sometimes you get what you pay for... I would just do some research and look at user feedback and -epi logs on AM. There are several on EP1C Unleashed in progress.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just order two bottles from Olympus.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
so which one is best if iv never used an epi product before

test112

Awards
  • Established
I think that is the wrong way to look at -epi supplementation since we know bioavailability is an issue. I am not criticizing any one brand as I have only used a couple myself, but it may lead you to use a plain -epi supplement that you may not respond to. Also, it may difficult to determine precise dosage of -epi in some products since they are not disclosed.

Sometimes you get what you pay for... I would just do some research and look at user feedback and -epi logs on AM. There are several on EP1C Unleashed in progress.
True, but is the need and effectiveness of absorption enhancers any better established? Also someone might want to experiment with adding in separate enhancers (piperine, maybe quercetin) on the cheap.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
True, but is the need and effectiveness of absorption enhancers any better established? Also someone might want to experiment with adding in separate enhancers (piperine, maybe quercetin) on the cheap.
Id buy something like epi plex then add cheap absorption enhancers alongside it.

I doubt you'd need it for a dose that large but the extras are cheap enough

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
True, but is the need and effectiveness of absorption enhancers any better established? .
I would say it isn't.

There isn't yet established mechanism of actions for the proposed ergogenic benefits- I've speculated as to potential mechanisms in the write up for Epi-Plex (attached) and from my observations it appears apparent that certain methylated phase II metabolites (3' O-methyl epicatechin in particular) appear to be largely responsible for these. I would go as far as to say that inhibiting/bypassing this arm of the conjugation metabolic pathway of epicatechin might be limiting the complete ergogenic potential.

Attachments

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are there research studies on it? No, unfortunately not.

These -epi products with absorption enhancers are relatively new so it will take some time to establish a clear distinction between regular -epi. However, we have received feedback on EP1C Unleashed from non-responders to regular -epi that it provided all the benefits expected (ie. strength, endurance, minor fat loss, etc).
There are no guarantees when it comes to supplements even when they are backed by science so all I can suggest is you give it a shot to see if it works for you.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
what makes epic unleashed special i just see epic and green tea in the ingredient list

test112

Awards
  • Established
Are there research studies on it? No, unfortunately not.

These -epi products with absorption enhancers are relatively new so it will take some time to establish a clear distinction between regular -epi. However, we have received feedback on EP1C Unleashed from non-responders to regular -epi that it provided all the benefits expected (ie. strength, endurance, minor fat loss, etc).
There are no guarantees when it comes to supplements even when they are backed by science so all I can suggest is you give it a shot to see if it works for you.
I'm sure I'll get around to trying it; thanks for the info.

test112

Awards
  • Established
I would say it isn't.

There isn't yet established mechanism of actions for the proposed ergogenic benefits- I've speculated as to potential mechanisms in the write up for Epi-Plex (attached) and from my observations it appears apparent that certain methylated phase II metabolites (3' O-methyl epicatechin in particular) appear to be largely responsible for these. I would go as far as to say that inhibiting/bypassing this arm of the conjugation metabolic pathway of epicatechin might be limiting the complete ergogenic potential.
Very interesting, thanks. I'm sure the MOA will become clearer in time.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what makes epic unleashed special i just see epic and green tea in the ingredient list
EP1C Unleashed contains -epicatechin, EGCG and phosphatidylcholine.

What makes it special is the delivery system that allows your body to absorb the -epi 2x-6x better than -epi alone.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

What makes it special is the delivery system that allows your body to absorb the -epi 2x-6x better than -epi alone.
Ive seen a in vitro study on this, have you got any data in humans? Very interesting

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established

how does that compare to Epi with piperine

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't have any personal experience with -epi with piperine.

I am not aware of any research that compares the two. You can look throughout AM for user experiences with products that have each.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't have any personal experience with -epi with piperine. I am not aware of any research that compares the two either.

You can look throughout AM for user experiences with products that have each.

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's better , pills or transdermal? Same price...

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's better , pills or transdermal? Same price...
Personal preference really if you like the convenience of taking a capsule.
Oral will give you a more acute response so good pre-wo.
TD may getter better absorbed so over time may yield more benefits.

I'm partial to the TD.

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe get one of each lol.

Is there a better time to use the TD? After a shower, early am or doesn't really matter.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've used (-)epi with piperine. EpiPlex to be specific. I like CEL and I like the product....BUT, it did take me about a month to get any noticeable benefits at 3 caps per day. You'll see my initial reviews of it were pretty bad because it took a while to work for me.

Ep1C in comparison (for me at least) seemed to kick in a lot faster at 2caps/day. Yeah, its anecdotal, and yes I'm a OL rep, but look around for my reviews of EpiPlex BEFORE I was a rep for Ol and you'll see my stance remains the same.

Feel free to hit me up with any specific questions. I've played around a bit with (-)epi and feel like I've got a good handle on how to best utilize it.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe get one of each lol.

Is there a better time to use the TD? After a shower, early am or doesn't really matter.
Post shower is best to avoid washing it off

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Curcumin is notorious for having horrible bio-availability. Complex it, and bio-availability shoots up - a' la MerivaTM I'd say better than just Bioperine.

Here: w w w .meriva.info/en/meriva-bioavailable-curcumin/scientific-support/

Whether you get anything out of it, is another story.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am currently logging epic unleashed td and it does everything it claims. I cannot imagine any other epi- product on the same level but in fairness I have not tried epi-plex, the only other one that I would try. But like I said great endurance,pump, and recovery. Have to add I do feel a good mood benefit, maybe just me.

Reactions: GNO

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am currently logging epic unleashed td and it does everything it claims. I cannot imagine any other epi- product on the same level but in fairness I have not tried epi-plex, the only other one that I would try. But like I said great endurance,pump, and recovery. Have to add I do feel a good mood benefit, maybe just me.
Could be your in a better mood because your crushing workouts... I know I would be ;)

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Most definitely, and that stuff mentally carries you through the day. No doubt.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And in case people haven't checked out the company promo section yet, some great Labor Day sales going on for Ep1c Unleashed and other Olympus products.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well here's one disappointment. Ive been on epi-plex for 3 weeks now (2x/day) and noticed zero endurance effects. Very disappointed. I tried follidrone previously and felt marked increases in Endurance during work outs although not always consistently. Cant wait to finish off the bottle and move to EU. Have 2 bottles. Will decide if I want to continue running EPIs after this run

Reactions: GNO
baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Well here's one disappointment. Ive been on epi-plex for 3 weeks now (2x/day) and noticed zero endurance effects. Very disappointed. I tried follidrone previously and felt marked increases in Endurance during work outs although not always consistently. Cant wait to finish off the bottle and move to EU. Have 2 bottles. Will decide if I want to continue running EPIs after this run
Same thing happend to me.. I ran 3 bottles of epi 2.0 and 1 bottle of Epi-plex back to back & noticed zilch..nada. I'm guessing I'm a non responder.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I ran brundel's new epi product and it was great. Strentgh, vascularity and pumps. Great endurance.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I ran one bottle of Follidrone and noticed increased endurance with in 3-4 days!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Check out the info on Epi 2.0. http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/epi-2-0-by-vital-labs

Why Is Epi 2.0 So Much More Effective Than the Competition?

Vital Labs carefully analyzed Epicatechin, and the unfortunate truth was that when people were taking it, their body was deactivating and barely absorbing majority of it, limiting its’ effectiveness.

The compound that helps you push past your own genetic potential, wasn’t even coming close to meeting its own potential.

The problem was the way your body metabolized the compound. Once in your system, the enzyme that metabolizes Epi would attach a sulfur atom to it - this is what causes the deactivation of the compound. Those same enzymes are also highly present in your skin, so Vital Labs had to immediately rule out a version of the product that you would rub on your skin (transdermal), as that would make the ingredient even less effective.

Vital Labs then discovered the answer to this problem.

The answer lied with an ingredient called Quercetin, an ingredient that inhibits this process, preventing the compound from being deactivated.

In fact, it prevents the deactivation so well, that it is almost doubles the amount of time the compound remains active (half-life) in your system.

Vital Labs went and upped the ante by adding in a massively strong, selective absorption promoter to the formula called Sodium Caprate. An ingredient that temporarily loosens the barriers between your intestines and blood stream selectively allowing compounds like Epi in, and allowing you to get the maximum amount of Epi absorbed!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Info! Thank you!

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I ran brundel's new epi product and it was great. Strentgh, vascularity and pumps. Great endurance.
I don't really care until it's out cause until then you're just making me drool and I can't do anything about it.