Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Resting should do you a lot of good. It’s no wonder you feel wore out with all you’ve been through. Hopefully that transfusion helps your platelets count.🙏
I'm sure they will help !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Resting should do you a lot of good. It’s no wonder you feel wore out with all you’ve been through. Hopefully that transfusion helps your platelets count.🙏
Agree hope it helps! You need a positive news!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
08/01/2023 Weight 188bs

Got up today feeling pretty darn good, as the day went on fatigue started to set in about 2pm, but 3 I went home and layed down! I have had some sores in my mouth for about a week now, I have had these before and they are very common for cancer patients, I have a mouth wash I use (Medical Name = Magic Mouth Wash) and it will clear then up in a day, two tops. These have been hanging out for about 2 weeks now and make eating miserable. So I e-mailed my Dr. yesterday and I guess I have Thrush ? Got some new Meds we will see how long it take to go awa y ??

Nutrition
Calories 1,56
Fat 47 grams
Carbs 134 grams
Protein 151 grams

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
08/01/2023 Weight 188bs

Got up today feeling pretty darn good, as the day went on fatigue started to set in about 2pm, but 3 I went home and layed down! I have had some sores in my mouth for about a week now, I have had these before and they are very common for cancer patients, I have a mouth wash I use (Medical Name = Magic Mouth Wash) and it will clear then up in a day, two tops. These have been hanging out for about 2 weeks now and make eating miserable. So I e-mailed my Dr. yesterday and I guess I have Thrush ? Got some new Meds we will see how long it take to go awa y ??

Nutrition
Calories 1,56
Fat 47 grams
Carbs 134 grams
Protein 151 grams
Yeah, I’m sure your immune system, as well as your good bacteria, took a hit between chemo and the other medication they’ve been giving you. I’ve used that Magic Mouthwash when I had esophagitis, it works really well. They probably prescribed a anti fungal rinse and pill for the thrush. You should take probiotics if you don’t already. Which with all the good supplements you take, some of them may have it in them.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My cousin got thrush after a while after he finished his chemo treatments too. I think it is kind of common.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
08/01/2023 Weight 188bs

Nutrition
Calories 1,56
Fat 47 grams
Carbs 134 grams
Protein 151 grams

I'm sorry to hear about the mouth discomfort, hopefully the new meds fix that asap. is it unusual for you to start to feel winded at 3pm? you're an early riser... I know i get up about 4:30am mon-fri and yeah around 1-2pm I'm feeling a need for a 2nd wind on most days and that's without all the stuff you're doing right now

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Thrush really stinks because it Hurts To Eat !! Got my meds hope fully it's gone soon!

I get up at 3am, but I believe my low Blood Platelets are the cause of my fatigue.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My 10 year old Grand Daughter is now a Queen, Freddie Fan ! Or as she calls him "Freddie Hg" because Hg is the chemical element name for Mercury. This girl is unreal !! Pretty, Smart and she can draw!! I might just love her a little bit !
Freddie A.jpg
Freddy B.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
08/02/2023 Weight 188bs

I got today a my normal 3am, just doing some stuff around the house, at about 4:15 (after 2 large cups of coffee) I could barely keep my eyes open ? I laid down on the couch and slept for about an hour and a half ? (weird). I went to the Chiropractor and got an adjustment, I do believe she is working things in the right direction, in fact when I walked in the house last night my wife's first comment was, You Are Almost Walking Normal. I know the Post Adjustment Pain in the morning is going to be bad. :mad: Tomorrow Blood Draw 7:15, Platelet Transfusion 1:45 if needed (I'm pretty sure I will need it. Eating today was very difficult, these mouth sore stink !!

When eating is hard to do, I do eat less !! But Ice Cream really feels good on the mouth !!

Nutrition
Calories 1,831
Fat 67 grams
Carbs 152 grams
Protein 142 grams

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My 10 year old Grand Daughter is now a Queen, Freddie Fan ! Or as she calls him "Freddie Hg" because Hg is the chemical element name for Mercury. This girl is unreal !! Pretty, Smart and she can draw!! I might just love her a little bit !View attachment 234924View attachment 234925
That is awesome
08/02/2023 Weight 188bs

I got today a my normal 3am, just doing some stuff around the house, at about 4:15 (after 2 large cups of coffee) I could barely keep my eyes open ? I laid down on the couch and slept for about an hour and a half ? (weird). I went to the Chiropractor and got an adjustment, I do believe she is working things in the right direction, in fact when I walked in the house last night my wife's first comment was, You Are Almost Walking Normal. I know the Post Adjustment Pain in the morning is going to be bad. :mad: Tomorrow Blood Draw 7:15, Platelet Transfusion 1:45 if needed (I'm pretty sure I will need it. Eating today was very difficult, these mouth sore stink !!

When eating is hard to do, I do eat less !! But Ice Cream really feels good on the mouth !!

Nutrition
Calories 1,831
Fat 67 grams
Carbs 152 grams
Protein 142 grams
The Chiropractor always seems to help me when needed. Hopefully your blood draw goes good, and your platelet count has improved. Man I hate it those mouth sores or giving you so many problems, hopefully the new medication takes care of it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, she has some good taste and is talented! I know you are as proud as a peacock!

Hate to hear how bad the mouth sores are. So was all of yesterday protein shakes and icecream?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, she has some good taste and is talented! I know you are as proud as a peacock!

Hate to hear how bad the mouth sores are. So was all of yesterday protein shakes and icecream?
Ha, I’ve actually put a scoop of whey in vanilla or strawberry mayfield ice cream with some Fairlife milk, blend it in the VitaMix blender, now those are some good high calorie shakes, but definitely not ideal on a cut. Man now I gotta go pick up some Mayfield ice cream and make me and my wife some high protein shakes this evening. They are really good on these hot Summer days.😜

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ha, I’ve actually put a scoop of whey in vanilla or strawberry mayfield ice cream with some Fairlife milk, blend it in the VitaMix blender, now those are some good high calorie shakes, but definitely not ideal on a cut. Man now I gotta go pick up some Mayfield ice cream and make me and my wife some high protein shakes this evening. They are really good on these hot Summer days.😜
Oh yeah, something so good about actual ice cream in your protein shake, or in this case protein in your ice cream shake! Is Mayfield a healthy option ice cream or a gourmet type of thing?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yeah, something so good about actual ice cream in your protein shake, or in this case protein in your ice cream shake! Is Mayfield a healthy option ice cream or a gourmet type of thing?
It’s more a higher quality ice cream, not necessarily gourmet. There are some Mayfield dairy farms around here, so I’m assuming it’s fresh.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, something so good about actual ice cream in your protein shake, or in this case protein in your ice cream shake!
this actually sounds awesome. in my fat kid days I could have two bowls of ice cream and still want a plate of nachos lol. But one big scoop of great ice cream with good protein sounds like a pretty awesome shake. two scoops of ice cream these days and I'm more than good 😅

Rocket I'm not sure what I'd do with those mouth sores since my weakness is chips rather than ice cream, I'm thinking chips would burn like crazy with salt and crunch.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I did stop and get a big dish of Ice Cream yesterday, and I bought two half gallons today!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A scoop of Ice Cream on top of my overnight Proates is great !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did stop and get a big dish of Ice Cream yesterday, and I bought two half gallons today!
If you decide to lighten it up you can try sorbet, or sherbet on the next go round. Same sugar but no fats.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just to throw out a suggestion on the ice cream front - a lot of people don't know that Fairlife makes an ice cream. The chocolate and chocolate mint are great.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just to throw out a suggestion on the ice cream front - a lot of people don't know that Fairlife makes an ice cream. The chocolate and chocolate mint are great.
I got my wife drinking there milk, I did not know they had Ice Cream. It is aisle I try to avoid going down in the grocery store 🤣

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
08/03/2023 Weight 189bs

The pain and discomfort seems to be getting worse since I stopped my Chemotherapy ?

7am Blood Draw, First on in the door, No wait. Nice! 1:45 Platelet Transfusion. They did get my IV/IG Treatment on the books for next Wednesday, It should help to raise my WBC and My Platelets. The only bad thing is, it is 6 hour process :(:p⏰

If anyone is interested,

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/immunoglobulin-therapy

Nutrition
Calories 1,939
Fat 71 grams
Carbs 190 grams
Protein 144 grams

I really appreciate you guys following along, it give me a great place to vent. Also thank you all for your prayers !!

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got my wife drinking there milk, I did not know they had Ice Cream. It is aisle I try to avoid going down in the grocery store 🤣
It's really good and lower sugar that most others. I don't do the sugar free ice cream brands because I avoid sugar alcohols because my stomach doesn't tolerate them well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think anyone can tolerate sugar alcohols. My business partner is diabetic, every once in a while he will grab something "Sugar Free" and not check the label, I have see, his sick as dog from it !!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think anyone can tolerate sugar alcohols. My business partner is diabetic, every once in a while he will grab something "Sugar Free" and not check the label, I have see, his sick as dog from it !!
Some people must be able to - the popularity of the sugar free ice cream brands continues to go up - but they definitely aren't for me. They wreck my stomach and make me miserable. My daughter can eat the heck out of them, I will take a spoonful max just to see if I like the taste.

Like even Quest Hero bars, I love the flavors but I can't eat them bc of the Erythritol in them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/03/2023 Weight 189bs

The pain and discomfort seems to be getting worse since I stopped my Chemotherapy ?

I really appreciate you guys following along, it give me a great place to vent. Also thank you all for your prayers !!
This is how it went for my cousin as well, he was doing well up until about 2 weeks to a month after, then started getting the sores, rashes and what looked almost like he had 2nd degree burns in some places. He also started losing more weight. I think he said he was over all of that within 6 weeks of starting. Hopefully yours is much faster.

Some people must be able to - the popularity of the sugar free ice cream brands continues to go up - but they definitely aren't for me. They wreck my stomach and make me miserable. My daughter can eat the heck out of them, I will take a spoonful max just to see if I like the taste.

Like even Quest Hero bars, I love the flavors but I can't eat them bc of the Erythritol in them.
That sucks. I am lucky in that aspect. Outside of me abusing my stomach with too spicy of things, or overindulging to many days in a row my stomach seems to be pretty decent. I have never found any of the sugar free ice creams to be any good. Now fairlife ice cream, that has my attention. I will look for it in the store.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will have to find some of the Fair Life Ice Cream and give it a test drive

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Off subject, and I'm not going to be on the weekend, but you're welcome to text me about it if want to discuss. But just a random thought because I'm experiencing this myself.

You are used to being active and mobile and I presume not sitting or resting for as long as you are now days - like sitting in a chair or laying in a hospital bed.

Do you find yourself feeling like you stand or walk with your stomach slightly stuck out, like that maybe your lower back is being positioned a little more forward than it used to?

The reason I'm asking, I've always had poor lower back flexibility, but I've realized lately that I think I'm having issues with Anterior Pelvic Tilt. Likely in my case from sitting more and laying more bc of the accident last year and then having to learn how to walk again, I think my back muscles being tighter anyway has caused me some issues with that.

Do a google search on it and see if it fits some of your symptoms.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Off subject, and I'm not going to be on the weekend, but you're welcome to text me about it if want to discuss. But just a random thought because I'm experiencing this myself.

You are used to being active and mobile and I presume not sitting or resting for as long as you are now days - like sitting in a chair or laying in a hospital bed.

Do you find yourself feeling like you stand or walk with your stomach slightly stuck out, like that maybe your lower back is being positioned a little more forward than it used to?

The reason I'm asking, I've always had poor lower back flexibility, but I've realized lately that I think I'm having issues with Anterior Pelvic Tilt. Likely in my case from sitting more and laying more bc of the accident last year and then having to learn how to walk again, I think my back muscles being tighter anyway has caused me some issues with that.

Do a google search on it and see if it fits some of your symptoms.
Thank you!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
08/04/2023 Weight 187bs

I had planned to go away with my wife, and oldest daughters family to a cabin in mountains this weekend, I was really looking forward to spending some time with them and eating some good food. But I thought it might be better for me to stay home and relax. I know being with the grandkids would wear me down pretty good, and these sores in my mouth make eating unenjoyable. So I decided to stay home and really rest up this weekend. I tried to talk my wife into going but I think she believes I need a baby sitter. The rest of the family went, I hope they have a great time.

I came home from work yesterday a few hours early, and took about an hour knap, when I woke up I felt the best I have in awhile.

Nutrition
Calories 1,985
Fat 76 grams
Carbs 214 grams
Protein 121 grams

I did stop and get a small dish of Cookie Dough Ice Cream on my way home.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your wife really loves you! She’s in it to win it with you, that’s for sure.
Yes she does, and yes she is ! We have been together over 30 years and I am very thankful. She even quit giving me crap about all the supplements I have 20 years ago!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
08/05/2023 Weight 185bs (I have been dropping some of the bloat in my ankles)

Saturday was pretty no event full, I had decided to try and take it easy as possible. Took a nap or 2, went into work and caught up on some paper work, and did a very small plumbing job. Sunday I have less planned, only real thing I need to do is clean the gym, I'm not using it but I guess it still needs dusted and vacuumed. Next week I got a few (too many) Doctors appointment.

Monday - 7:15am Blood Draw - Penn State Hampton Hospital
Tuesday - 9am Bone Marrow Biopsy - Hershey Penn State Medical Center
Tuesday -2:15pm - Platelet Transfusion - Ortenzio Cancer Center
Wednesday - 8am - IV/IG Infusion (6 Hour Appointment) - Ortenzio Cancer Center
Thursday - 7:15am Blood Draw - Penn State Hampton Hospital
Friday - 11:am - Platelet Transfusion - Ortenzio Cancer Center

Nutrition
Calories 1,473
Fat 66 grams
Carbs 128 grams
Protein 78 grams

I guess I failed a t the protein intake, but I'm not really sure how much I need, if I am not working Out?

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/05/2023 Weight 185bs (I have been dropping some of the bloat in my ankles)

Saturday was pretty no event full, I had decided to try and take it easy as possible. Took a nap or 2, went into work and caught up on some paper work, and did a very small plumbing job. Sunday I have less planned, only real thing I need to do is clean the gym, I'm not using it but I guess it still needs dusted and vacuumed. Next week I got a few (too many) Doctors appointment.

Monday - 7:15am Blood Draw - Penn State Hampton Hospital
Wednesday - 8am - IV/IG Infusion (6 Hour Appointment) - Ortenzio Cancer Center
Thursday - 7:15am Blood Draw - Penn State Hampton Hospital
Friday - 11:am - Platelet Transfusion - Ortenzio Cancer Center

Nutrition
Calories 1,473
Fat 66 grams
Carbs 128 grams
Protein 78 grams

I guess I failed a t the protein intake, but I'm not really sure how much I need, if I am not working Out?
I doubt you’ll ever go wrong with about 100g daily, but you would take your lean bodyweight in kilos and multiply by 1.25-1.5 I think. Which is like ~80-100g if you were 150lbs without bodyfat.

It’s not an exact science!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hate to hear your still going through so much pain and discomfort. I’m sure part of it is your body adjusting and going into overdrive trying to get back to normal after so much chemo, hopefully you got enough rest this weekend and that platelet transfusion helps from Friday. We’ll be praying your Transfusion Wednesday goes well and helps you to start feeling better .🙏

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
08/06/2023 Weight 184bs (I have been dropping some of the bloat in my ankles)

I woke up today feeling pretty darn good!

Sunday, and I do not have much on my schedule. I am really putting a effort in to rest and relax. I cleaned the Gym, took care paying the bills and some paperwork for the side hustle. I did try and get nap in, but I just could not fall a sleep ? One good thing about this Thrush is I don't eat as much usual. It is very uncomfortable to chew.

Nutrition
Calories 1,686
Fat 66 grams
Carbs 143 grams
Protein 106 grams

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hate to hear your still going through so much pain and discomfort. I’m sure part of it is your body adjusting and going into overdrive trying to get back to normal after so much chemo, hopefully you got enough rest this weekend and that platelet transfusion helps from Friday. We’ll be praying your Transfusion Wednesday goes well and helps you to start feeling better .🙏
I am really hoping that this IV/IG infusion helps with my back pain. It is almost unbearable at times ! I am going to discus this with the doctor on Tuesday. Some thing has to be done !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am really hoping that this IV/IG infusion helps with my back pain. It is almost unbearable at times ! I am going to discus this with the doctor on Tuesday. Some thing has to be done !!
Yeah that’s what I would do, hopefully it gives you some kind of relief.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today
Platelets 6, WBC .05

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today
Platelets 6, WBC .05
Man sorry it’s still low brother……Chemo really does hit hard, and those being low I’m sure is the source of your pain. I read up on it, and the infusions are the best treatment, which I knew your team of Doctors knew what they are doing. The tough part is it can vary from patient to patient when the counts start to return to normal. The good part is there doesn’t seem to be a maximum number of transfusions they can give you to try to get your body back to normal, so they can give as many as necessary and the ones that increase it should help give some relief, and then the body will try to adjust and kickstart production, kind of like priming a pump until it starts pumping normal. Hopefully this one Wednesday will be able to take, and help your body start to normalize

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
08/07/2023 Weight 182bs

I woke up today with the worst back pain I have had so far. I took and oxy, but it did not help much. Over the course of the day I would say it dropped from a 10 to about a 5 or 6/

It really sticks that I can't seem to get any type of workout in at all, but I am hoping after Wednesdays IV/IG infusion this will change!

Off work both Tuesday & Wednesday for appointments.

Tomorrows Schedule:

Nutrition
Calories 1,064
Fat 31 grams
Carbs 187 grams
Protein 109 grams

Still very hard to eat with these sores in my mouth, I can only really enjoy anything soft and cold. Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Overnight Proates, and some melons.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/07/2023 Weight 182bs

I woke up today with the worst back pain I have had so far. I took and oxy, but it did not help much. Over the course of the day I would say it dropped from a 10 to about a 5 or 6/

It really sticks that I can't seem to get any type of workout in at all, but I am hoping after Wednesdays IV/IG infusion this will change!

Off work both Tuesday & Wednesday for appointments.

Tomorrows Schedule:

Nutrition
Calories 1,064
Fat 31 grams
Carbs 187 grams
Protein 109 grams

Still very hard to eat with these sores in my mouth, I can only really enjoy anything soft and cold. Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Overnight Proates, and some melons.
You forgot to add the ice cream ;)