hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
had not 1 but 2 drumsticks[the icecream kind]after dinner last night:newangel:. got up this morning and went for a 2.5 mile run in the cold[22%]before work. after weighing in this afternoon I lost a pound. life is good and I feel great!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, you would have to deliver it with a cruise missile, I'm 6000 miles away.
I even have a bottle I could send you but shipping would be expensive....and no telling how long it would take by mail?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
This advice is beyond worthless, it's actually counter-productive.

If you do some HIIT, you will speed up the process
Yes, you will speed up the process of muscle loss.

Q: Where do the amino acids to repair the leg muscle damage from HIIT come from?
A: The catabolism of other muscles.

Dont forget to up KSM66 dose, your cortisol levels are heightened.
Cortisol elevates on a fast *specifically* to speed the catabolism of fat. Without adequate cortisol, there is fatigue, brain fog, and greatly diminished fat burning. You are not smarter than his DNA.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I even have a bottle I could send you but shipping would be expensive....and no telling how long it would take by mail?
I have a freight forwarder in Miami -but it takes between 2-3 weeks to arrive, having to go through customs and whatnot. It would be late to the party.
Thank you anyway for the offer.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Q: Where do the amino acids to repair the leg muscle damage from HIIT come from?

Cortisol elevates on a fast *specifically* to speed the catabolism of fat. Without adequate cortisol, there is fatigue, brain fog, and greatly diminished fat burning. You are not smarter than his DNA.
I have T3 laying around... Good -or bad idea?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Ashwagandha is not going to tank cortisol, or hinder fat loss. Too much cortisol and you retain belly fat. Just right amount, you lose belly fat, and you can fall asleep.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thinking about it, the cruise missile delivery is a good idea. This sh1thole country could need some, as long as it doesn't hit my farm.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thinking about it, the cruise missile delivery is a good idea. This sh1thole country could need some, as long as it doesn't hit my farm.
I hope they at least have drumsticks there[the icecream kind]...:twisted:

forgive me, like another guy said I have low blood sugar and 3 hours without eating is about my max--I actually have great respect for your giving this a legit shot...props!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha shouldn’t tank cortisol; it’s an adaptogen that improves how your body handles stress. It may help in this time that is stressful on the body, so long as it doesn’t make him too tired, which some people find some ashwagandha may do.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
In all fairness KSM (ashwagandha) isn’t really something that’ll tank cortisol. It’s an adaptovdn that improvise how your body handles stress, and can improve mood and reduce anxiety. It may well help here, assuming it doesn’t make him tired, which some people report with some adhwagandha.
Agree on the KSM, and during a fast it's probably beneficial since it's more likely to raise cortisol on a fast than lower it (since that's what's needed), my point was about cortisol, but I could have worded it better. Except that it also increases fT3, which is undesirable, but I'm betting that during fasting it would not have this effect.

Also was a bit harsh...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even worse idea than trying to lower your cortisol -- you will be burning muscle like it's a bonfire.
Thought so. Thank you.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Ashwagandha is not going to tank cortisol, or hinder fat loss. Too much cortisol and you retain belly fat. Just right amount, you lose belly fat, and you can fall asleep.
1. How do you figure he's going to retain belly fat on zero calories?
2. Cortisol is a *catabolic* hormone, it does not directly cause one to gain fat.
3. Excess cortisol increases appetite -- this is the cause of weight gain.
4. Cortisol prevents the excretion of sodium. This is the cause of abdominal bloating.
5. Cortisol is an incredibly potent fat-burning hormone.
6. Elevated GH levels during fasting prevent excess cortisol levels.

And sorry if my first reply was a bit harsh.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even though the natives here are called "Indians", no Ashwagandha available. Will write a complain to the Paraguayan authorities. Indians need their Ashwagandha, because cutting all the forests down causes them stress. ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Even though the natives here are called "Indians", no Ashwagandha available. Will write a complain to the Paraguayan authorities. Indians need their Ashwagandha, because cutting all the forests down causes them stress. ;)
I'll get Trump on this right away !!

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a quick question to you guys, what can one take to lower prolactin levels? Let's say I get higher levels from MK-677, what can I take to hinder it? I am maybe not getting higher levels, but I want to be on the safe side

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a quick question to you guys, what can one take to lower prolactin levels? Let's say I get higher levels from MK-677, what can I take to hinder it? I am maybe not getting higher levels, but I want to be on the safe side
"Inhibit-P" at the label recommended dosage should work fine for MK-677.

Vit B-6 alone works too. Max daily dosage is 600mg, as I remember, anything more has health risks.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
B6 300 mg, three times daily.

OR

Macuna, standardized extract, total l-dopa per day of 300-500 mg.

OR

Selegiline, 10 mg/day.

Direct dopamine agonists (pramipexole, cabergoline, bromocriptine, etc) are a dirty way to lower PRL and many are cardiotoxic, not to mention that downregulation of DA receptors is a very real possibility. Additionally, both macuna and selegiline are protective of the HPG-axis.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
B6 300 mg, three times daily.

OR

Macuna, standardized extract, total l-dopa per day of 300-500 mg.

OR

Selegiline, 10 mg/day.

Direct dopamine agonists (pramipexole, cabergoline, bromocriptine, etc) are a dirty way to lower PRL and many are cardiotoxic, not to mention that downregulation of DA receptors is a very real possibility. Additionally, both macuna and selegiline are protective of the HPG-axis.
Haha. Thank you. I did not understand much, and I have not heard about alot of these things. So vitamin b6 at 300mg per day will get me on the safe side? When should I be worried

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Haha. Thank you. I did not understand much, and I have not heard about alot of these things. So vitamin b6 at 300mg per day will get me on the safe side? When should I be worried
300 mg three times per day, for no more than 6 weeks.

When should you be worried? When the IRS decides to audit you.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Do people know that you can just let your body adapt and that's part of the benefit of fasting? It helps get your metabolism and hormones together and all that stuff that helps you maintain a good physique. I wont continue down this road as I know im in the minority, but I just feel like I have to say that. Putting the pedestal away now...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do people know that you can just let your body adapt and that's part of the benefit of fasting? It helps get your metabolism and hormones together and all that stuff that helps you maintain a good physique. I wont continue down this road as I know im in the minority, but I just feel like I have to say that. Putting the pedestal away now...
Wouldn't say you are in the minority. It depends why someone is fasting, I guess. For me its all about lose some stubborn fat (after failing to do so, due to laziness -and/or slow metabolism) -while also upping insulin sensitivity. Others may do it to get rid of the wrinkles on their ballsack.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
300 mg three times per day, for no more than 6 weeks.

When should you be worried? When the IRS decides to audit you.
LOL! True that!

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I would not go over 600mg/d to be safe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16320662

Toxicity is only seen at long-term high doses. Anything less than 8 weeks will not produce toxicity except with extraordinarily high doses of more than 2-3 grams/day.

All B-vitamins are water soluble and excess is excreted. The problem with long term very high dose B6 is that it can cause *reversible* sensory nerve damage in the periphery.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
The benefits from fasting will occur no matter what you do.

I understand being a fasting purist, I used to be one, but for the overwhelming majority of athletes and others I've coached/trained, anything that makes fasting easier is going to have markedly better adherence. This is especially true for people who maybe aren't as dedicated to the idea of very rapid physique transformation.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
End of day2.

It's 2 am going to bed. Next two days will be interesting (torture).

Noted that I felt cold today. Spurfy said its due to T3 getting lower, body saves energy and gives a fugg regulating my body temp. This is awesome, as we have at least 95F during the day.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
End of day2.

It's 2 am going to bed. Next two days will be interesting (torture).

Noted that I felt cold today. Spurfy said its due to T3 getting lower, body saves energy and gives a fugg regulating my body temp. This is awesome, as we have at least 95F during the day.
You will also notice by day 4 that your stubborn fat areas are no longer cold to the touch. You'll also probably get hot flushes sporadically from GH surges.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are a better man than me. Respect !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3
Before bed, I popped a couple of R-ALA, hoping it will get me into ketosis while sleeping.
Had crazy dreams at night and woke up frequently. My guess is, its due to elevated GH output, felt like on MK-677.
Feeling full of energy. Did in a few minutes a lot of stuff I was reluctant to do in the past, stuff that involves problems/problem solving, that one don't want to be bothered with.
Phone calls to a lazy lawyer, reminding him he owes me something. A call to my dentist, making appointment -and other.

At the moment feeling great -but I'm suspicious. That may change in an instant.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice, You are getting that "To Do List" Done !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, You are getting that "To Do List" Done !!
We all can relate to that. For me its hard to follow up on people who still have to pay me -or do something I paid for. I hate this.
People here lack responsibility and discipline, you have to constantly kick their azzes, not funny.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shout out to Spurfy ! Very helpful infos, as always! A pleasure to have him here.

I'm emulating his advise on mineral intake:

4 grams/day of sea salt, 2 grams/day of potassium (KCl, from “salt substitute”), 400 mg/day magnesium (from powdered magnesium citrate), 400 mg/day from calcium citrate, in distilled or RO or DI water, with a squeeze of lemon and a bit of stevia.

I just sip this throughout the day.

One of the biggest mistakes people make on a fast is overhydrating, which does nothing but slow fat loss and tank electrolytes.

One should drink only when thirsty and only a few sips until thirsty no longer.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re already well into Day 3 - you will overcome today, and you will begin to break through. The body follows wherever the mind can lead it, remember that!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still not depleted of glycogen....

Arms look still thick, should be less swollen...or I'm simply just huge. :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Belly is noticeable smaller, also boob fat seems to be dwindling and the face got a bit slimmer. Everything else, like the "hip tire" is still there (that little fugger).

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I'm still not depleted of glycogen....

Arms look still thick, should be less swollen...or I'm simply just huge. :)
No feeling of an electric buzz through your body or extreme relaxation? Hyper focus? Warm fat per spurfy? You gotta be getting close, keep at it! Musta had hella glycogen stores.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No feeling of an electric buzz through your body or extreme relaxation? Hyper focus? Warm fat per spurfy? You gotta be getting close, keep at it! Musta had hella glycogen stores.
More energy and focus, everything else normal. Feeling a bit cold. My social life is suffering. Can't socialize as it involves either training, food -or booze -or a combination of that.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just finished reading all 5 pages!! I've been considering this as well! Yesterday I tore my acl so no more cardio for me for a while. This might be exactly what I need!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HGP, I appreciate you helping me out with all my questions !!

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
More energy and focus, everything else normal. Feeling a bit cold. My social life is suffering. Can't socialize as it involves either training, food -or booze -or a combination of that.
You should go to Church. Lots of opportunity for socializing there....

Sorry I couldn’t help myself. Keep up the good work HGP, I’m interested in how this turns out for you.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just finished reading all 5 pages!! I've been considering this as well! Yesterday I tore my acl so no more cardio for me for a while. This might be exactly what I need!!

That’s terrible. Sorry to hear that. Hope the recovery is as quick as it can be.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should go to Church. Lots of opportunity for socializing there....

Sorry I couldn’t help myself. Keep up the good work HGP, I’m interested in how this turns out for you.
Will walk around a church, as low intensity cardio. ;) Besides, the "body of Christ" in form of a cracker has calories, wine too.
You are welcome to follow and see me suffer . :) I do it for your sins.... (could not hold it in)

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
You are golden my friend!! Cold hands and a warm belly is where its at! As you fat adapt your body will be able to burn more fat for energy and it should get easier, but its never easier than eating .

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Injury sucks azz. If you have to lose a few pounds AND like to accelerate healing, give it a try. Not sure if fasting is good for injuries -as I imagine the body would need nutrients for healing. It may be good for chronic problems -or auto immune disorders, I guess.