7 Days fasting. Zero calories for 168 hours. HGP's short log

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Thought about the ice packs. You are right. By cooling you force the body to up the temp, burning more cals. I'm a clever dude! #selfpraising
Actually, the intense cold triggers apoptosis in the adipocytes -- the fat cells actually die by suicide. So, you can pay $3000 for "cool sculpting" or you can just use a bag of ice water for 30 minutes in each spot.

Now I have to decide if I leave this board because I'm giving away crucial things from my in-progress book, or stay and just keep my mouth shut.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, the intense cold triggers apoptosis in the adipocytes -- the fat cells actually die by suicide. So, you can pay $3000 for "cool sculpting" or you can just use a bag of ice water for 30 minutes in each spot.

Now I have to decide if I leave this board because I'm giving away crucial things from my in-progress book, or stay and just keep my mouth shut.
#selfpraising = off

Now doing this:

IMG_20190220_234254.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I find your offer awesome -but I decline. I'm somewhat egocentric and creative in nature and love to learn by failure, believe it or not. I'm just not a guy who follows advise. Finding my own way is what I enjoy most, taking bits of advise here -and there, when it fits my ideas.

I was able to hold my current BF% (18-20%) for about a year now (note: that is an exceptional achievement for me) -and are confident to keep doing so when at 15%. I don't want to change my former newly adapted diet (daily nutrition) for a "Greek God-everything tasty is forbidden" diet. At 6-10% I would have to sacrifice some liberties, like once a week alcohol with a sugared soft drink or my diet without counting cals. I'm also reluctant to up my cardio above what I am doing now, because I hate it more than Nicolas Cage movies.

Those "lone wolf" experiments have done me good actually. My training is intuitive, so is my diet, my farm, my business.
I will not compete and I'm not as narcissistic to yearn for 6-10%BF. My goal is to look better and be stronger at my age, than 90% of old farts around me.
if you don't want the free coaching, sign me up! I love to guinea pig... I find that on my own I tend to get stuck on things that I found worked for some period of time and have a hard time changing to the next thing or moreso just never get as comfortable with them...
Spurfy if you decide you'd like to tinker with someone, I'd be open anytime.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
LOL, doing those mental stretches all the time now. "Which food will I eat on Monday when the fast is over?" - Now ALL possible choices are popping up in my head, all while drooling.
drool is just subq mouth fat haha... ITS WORKING!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
drool is just subq mouth fat haha... ITS WORKING!
Or "dental apoptosis", the body figured I don't need them anymore, using them as fuel. :)

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
#selfpraising = off
You should know that this process takes several weeks *under normal feeding conditions*. The fat cells die and they are gradually broken down and absorbed by the body. Each treatment is estimated to reduce about 1/2 cm's depth of adipocytes.

That said... In a fasted state this process will be tremendously up-regulated, since autophagy is already busy scouring your body looking for any dead or diseased tissue to break down for fuel and amino acids.

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
if you don't want the free coaching, sign me up! I love to guinea pig... I find that on my own I tend to get stuck on things that I found worked for some period of time and have a hard time changing to the next thing or moreso just never get as comfortable with them...
Spurfy if you decide you'd like to tinker with someone, I'd be open anytime.
Sorry, offer is non-transferable and void in CT, ME, MS, and Puerto Rico. Cash value 1/20th of one cent.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should know that this process takes several weeks *under normal feeding conditions*. The fat cells die and they are gradually broken down and absorbed by the body. Each treatment is estimated to reduce about 1/2 cm's depth of adipocytes.

That said... In a fasted state this process will be tremendously up-regulated, since autophagy is already busy scouring your body looking for any dead or diseased tissue to break down for fuel and amino acids.
As I'm an old fart, I have a lot of diseased tissue to burn as fuel first, starting with my shrunken testicles -kidding-. I don't really think I may use the "cool sculpting" technique. Not enough ice packs stashed to make it work efficiently, plus the uncertainty how long it would need to work. I remembered the reason why aquagym was so beneficial (absorbing body heat) and gonna opt for light exercise in my pool instead.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With regards to the sleepless nights - locally can you get other sleep aids, melatonin / GABA / benzos? Even a soma or a flexiril and some tea, perhaps? Or some herb, da'harb, Indica preferrably.

Also Transdermal labs from UK has 11-oxo TD, which is a cortisol crushing prohormone. This is probably too late for you to acquire. German Pharma has tabs of 11-oxo as well.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anytime I’ve taken a flexiril, I sleep the entire day away. You literally lose an entire day lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't get other sleep aids, melatonin / GABA / benzos? Even a soma or a flexiril and some tea, perhaps? Or some herb, da'harb, Indica preferrably.

Also Transdermal labs from UK has 11-oxo TD, which is a cortisol crushing prohormone. This is probably too late for you to acquire. German Pharma has tabs of 11-oxo as well.

Will power through without "artificial help". BTW, it was determent that cortisol is actually good for a fast, as its part of the fat losing process.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy hell 7 days of fasting would seem to be hell for me! I'm lucky to make it 7 hours. :D
I'm tagging along brother. Will catch up with the rest of what's happened tomorrow. Good luck sir!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy hell 7 days of fasting would seem to be hell for me! I'm lucky to make it 7 hours. :D
I'm tagging along brother. Will catch up with the rest of what's happened tomorrow. Good luck sir!
Thank you! Its not so bad.
Actually, my confidence is growing by the hour. I will probably make it for seven days. Technically, its already day 4.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think this is more fun to read about than to do !

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Misspelling on my part! Flexeril not flexiril. However, flexatril has good reviews lol
That's what I assumed, by we all know what that means .....

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today it started, lets see if I can pull that off.
Self imposed rules:

7 days fasting, no gym.

allowed:
-electrolytes (minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium, zinc)
-vitamins (pills)
-stimulants/thermogenics (have some "Radiate")
-black coffee
-tee
- "Lithos" by Apex Alchemy (TD formula with lots of goodies)

AAS:
Test: 300mg/w
NPP: 300mg/w
Proviron: 75mg/d

Goal is to shed some fat, keep the meat on the bones, as well as to restart metabolism and cleanse the old body.

Before pics will be up in a few hours.

Edit: My guess is "Lithos" will be very beneficial for my adventure, bumping dose up to 5 pumps in the morning and 10 pumps at night.
The extra vitamins and goodies, while fasting will be beneficial, no doubt. Lets see if its toning effect gets apparent.

Edit:

Before pic. Day 1

View attachment 179660
Subbed. Good luck.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are ALMOST right. :)

Tilapias feed on algae and plants -BUT, commercial farms built their fish tanks around animal farms (mostly pork), then fertilize the water with feces to get algae to bloom. Fish tastes like the water they swim in. I would never buy commercial Tilapia.
My fish swims in clear water and is fed with pellets and veggies. Have a look:

View attachment 179643

Have a farm as a hobby and for self sustenance, producing all kinds of organic foods.
Everything biological, no insecticides, fertilizers or hormones. And NO feces in my fish pond!
That's amazing. I have 3.5 achres and in summer I might try going 10 weeks only eating stuff I've grown. Chicken veggies fruit and wallnutts.
I've got every kind of fruit tree and grow tons of veggies ( and smokeables?)
Wish I had a tilapia farm. VARY COOL

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's amazing. I have 3.5 achres and in summer I might try going 10 weeks only eating stuff I've grown. Chicken veggies fruit and wallnutts.
I feel like I would eat my way through 3.5 acres in like a week haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like I would eat my way through 3.5 acres in like a week haha
Nah it's like hundreds of pounds of fruits and vegetables during Harvest. Even with unlimited access to marijuana you still would never eat it all

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nah it's like hundreds of pounds of fruits and vegetables during Harvest. Even with unlimited access to marijuana you still would never eat it all
Oh, a challenge .....................

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How’s today going HGP? Feeling any different than yesterday?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll drive up there for labor day weekend.
Come by bro.
No lie, with the amount of knowledge you have I could host a seminar with you as the speaker and CASH OUT.
50$ a person. 45 min seminar on supplementation and everybody gets to pick their own bag full of fruits and veggies.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! A fellow farmer! Have almost no veggies, because its managed by employees who live there -and they are lazy as fugg. Had to chose between "working employees -but thief's" or the "lazy-but-honest". They do a good job with the fruits, chicken and fish and keeping it clean (landscaping) though.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4

Sleep was interrupted often, dreams were crazy.
Today I feel good. Not wonderful but okay. No cravings. Thinking about it, I never got real cravings the whole time, only once the urge for some flavor in my water.
Hip tire still there. Arms got a bit flat. I found a bottle of "Vaso Burn", at least 2 years old. Applied it to my hip tire, maybe it does something, can feel the heat already.
Following Spurfy 's mineralization protocol. Salt and water is only drinkable if you take it in a shot glass -UNLESS you mix it with a little bit of lemon juice. Now sipping on my shaker bottle, containing all the salts and the juice of 1/4 lemon.

I'm optimistic I'll make it. Fasting is WAY easier than I thought.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 4

Today I feel good. Not wonderful but okay. No cravings. Thinking about it, I never got real cravings the whole time, only once the urge for some flavor in my water.
Hip tire still there. Arms got a bit flat. I found a bottle of "Vaso Burn", at least 2 years old. Applied it to my hip tire, maybe it does something, can feel the heat already.
Following Spurfy 's mineralization protocol. Salt and water is only drinkable if you take it in a shot glass -UNLESS you mix it with a little bit of lemon juice. Now sipping on my shaker bottle, containing all the salts and the juice of 1/4 lemon.

Good to hear your still going strong. Can’t wait to see some comparison pictures. Also I wonder what kind of a rebound effect you will get... also any thoughts to adding in any excercise? I know you said no training iirc, but what about cardio? Calisthenics?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 4

I'm not sure Easy is a word I would use !!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to follow a am/pm cardio split 7 days a week and I would fast on top of it. Some times I would go 36 hours fasted and probably do 4-5 hours of steady state cardio within that time. I would see a lot of fat loss from that....

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear your still going strong. Can’t wait to see some comparison pictures. Also I wonder what kind of a rebound effect you will get... also any thoughts to adding in any excercise? I know you said no training iirc, but what about cardio? Calisthenics?
Here what I will do:

I have to abandon the fast after 7 days, because it really kills my social life. The fast will be followed by a ketogenic diet with exercise until I get to my goal of 15% (or less) BF at 185lbs. After that I will focus on holding my weight. That is all.

Thing is, I weight about 215lbs at 5'8" and I look way too huge for my liking. From a health standpoint, I'm to heavy for my age. After the fast, I will not blast anymore (unless after injury -or to enhance a lagging body part) -but keep a TRT regime, holding my new weight and physique.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Misspelling on my part! Flexeril not flexiril. However, flexatril has good reviews lol
The Flexeril sleepiness goes away after a bit of use, but I actually really enjoy it. I now only take it at night with Gabapentin. Keeps me off benzos, relaxes muscles, and also is a tricyclic antidepressant to boot, lol.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here what I will do:

I have to abandon the fast after 7 days, because it really kills my social life. The fast will be followed by a ketogenic diet with exercise until I get to my goal of 15% (or less) BF at 185lbs. After that I will focus on holding my weight. That is all.

Thing is, I weight about 215lbs at 5'8" and I look way too huge for my liking. From a health standpoint, I'm to heavy for my age. After the fast, I will not blast anymore (unless after injury -or to enhance a lagging body part) -but keep a TRT regime, holding my new weight and physique.
Smart.. I like your new long term game plan, being Yuge is not everything being a strong, healthy, flexible dood is more useful. There is a big enough for most of us.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here what I will do:

“I will not blast anymore”

???

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Come by bro.
No lie, with the amount of knowledge you have I could host a seminar with you as the speaker and CASH OUT.
50$ a person. 45 min seminar on supplementation and everybody gets to pick their own bag full of fruits and veggies.
I may take you up on that. I've done numerous small speaking engagements and presentations to large audiences, followed by an hour or so of Q&A. I always greatly enjoy these.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I may take you up on that. I've done numerous small speaking engagements and presentations to large audiences, followed by an hour or so of Q&A. I always greatly enjoy these.
I'm down!
We are actually out in Wilton which is Sacramento County but pretty rural. I just moved out here last July so I'm excited about this coming season see how much food I can actually produce.
We're also building a full gym in a barn out here and are planning on having some small powerlifting competitions and bodybuilding shows. I'm pretty sure we can make a few dollars with some sort of speaking engagement especially if the people get a leave with a bunch of fruits and vegetables it makes it worth it to them either way. Want to keep in touch on that PM me sometime I'm totally down though

F

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Here what I will do:

Congratulations on your 4 day fast! Still a. I great accomplishment and experience! Keep us updated. Good luck on the keto.

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Honestly, the electrolytes make all the difference in the world. Without them fasting is quite difficult.

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I'm down!
We are actually out in Wilton which is Sacramento County but pretty rural. I just moved out here last July so I'm excited about this coming season see how much food I can actually produce.
We're also building a full gym in a barn out here and are planning on having some small powerlifting competitions and bodybuilding shows. I'm pretty sure we can make a few dollars with some sort of speaking engagement especially if the people get a leave with a bunch of fruits and vegetables it makes it worth it to them either way. Want to keep in touch on that PM me sometime I'm totally down though
I know where Wilton is and I'm 70% on putting this engagement together, I just would not use my real name. If you want to put together a list of topics you'd like me to cover I'll figure out how feasible this is. There is not a day that has gone by over the past 9 years that I'm not homesick for Sactown.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know where Wilton is and I'm 70% on putting this engagement together, I just would not use my real name. If you want to put together a list of topics you'd like me to cover I'll figure out how feasible this is. There is not a day that has gone by over the past 9 years that I'm not homesick for Sactown.
Cool man! Let me ponder this and talk to my partner and ill get back to you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I with you!!
“Well, I am basically natty now as you know, but I’ve got these bottles someone gave me for a great price, you understand, and I ended up tripping and falling on a preloaded syringe into my ass, and when I shouted with pain several ninjas appeared and shoved handfuls of orals down my gullet...so you can see how I am basically natty now these days...”

Or, “What? Everyone cruises at 2cc/wk, with some oral trest and var on training days”

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
“Well, I am basically natty now as you know, but I’ve got these bottles someone gave me for a great price, you understand, and I ended up tripping and falling on a preloaded syringe into my ass, and when I shouted with pain several ninjas appeared and shoved handfuls of orals down my gullet...so you can see how I am basically natty now these days...”

Or, “What? Everyone cruises at 2cc/wk, with some oral trest and var on training days”
And I said:
I will not blast anymore (unless after injury -or to enhance a lagging body part)
-I always have some kind of injury
-every body part is lagging

See? :)

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established

And torem.