7 Days fasting. Zero calories for 168 hours. HGP's short log

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question for the advanced and academical AM members:

If it comes to looking your best, is potassium -or sodium the mineral of choice to favor? If I have to spike my intra -or post workout shake, which should I use look the best? One of the two is depositing water intracellular and the other under skin -and in tissue, how I understood it.
Not sure how you qualify but it's a bit more tricky than that.. If we go by rep I'm a pleb and you're jesus :D. Normally people cut sodium.

Also wanna add that a balance in minerals and water intake is important. You can go to the extreme or you can just do what's effective, I think the latter is more reasonable since you're not going on stage but to a rave party :p

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Going to be salt every time. Calcium will help contractions. Salt will give you a fuller look in muscle bellies.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure how you qualify but it's a bit more tricky than that.. If we go by rep I'm a pleb and you're jesus :D. Normally people cut sodium.

Also wanna add that a balance in minerals and water intake is important. You can go to the extreme or you can just do what's effective, I think the latter is more reasonable since you're not going on stage but to a rave party :p
You got me, Rave party! Old man has to stand out!

Going to be salt every time. Calcium will help contractions. Salt will give you a fuller look in muscle bellies.
Sodium it is?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes sodium, but cutting something out drastically and chances are it doesn't work for you hence the mineral balance I was talking about.

Example if you cut out sodium and bump up potassium chances are you'll look worse, it really comes down to how it affects you personally.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Even more than that it really depends on what his current electrolyte situation is.

Dropping sodium for one day without cutting water drastically isn't going to do too much. You are going to get the look you want by having enough of both. Also the last thing you want to do before Molly is dehydrate. From the protocols I have read, you would shoot for about 3-5g of potassium a day and 5-8 grams of sodium and you should be primed for some swollen muscles with minimal subcutaneous water.

There was a thread on here years back where a few people including myself tried it with 3g potassium and 5+ g of sodium and the overnight change was obvious. This is something you can implement before the rave and find your best balance.

Too much sodium compared to potassium will pull water from the muscles and organs into the bloodstream and subcutaneously. However you need both in good amounts.

If you have a lot of subq try adding some potassium and see what happens, from what I have seen of your diet most of the potassium you are getting right now is from your hydration mix. So it could be low. I think we (people) often tend to miss out on some of the minerals & micronutrients when doing IF if we are not intentionally staying on top of it.

For the most part though for most people I would say that they are out of balance due to potassium intake not being high enough. Many will lower sodium and see or feel some improvement with things like BP and what not but and beleive it is a result of lowering their sodium but it is a result of their being more of a balance but if both are low and in balance then the machine feels "normal" but is most definitely hindered. So if you think it is electrolyte based I would look into potassium intake and also making sure you are getting a source of potassium that is relatively bio-available.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Edit my post as i suck at typing, I'm a talker not a writer.. why the balance is important is because the body needs both to work properly.

You have a pump in your body, I think it's called na/k or something, I'm close..it pumps minerals such as sodium and potassium. If you just cut out sodium completely the minerals become imbalanced. If you have too much imbalance, potassium won't be able to do what you want it to.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome info from you guys!

Have a fair idea how in balance my electrolytes are, as I'm using electrolytes. BUT, nandrolone is messing with that, there are studies showing that the heart problems, nandrolone users are experiencing long term , are due to nandrolone affecting electrolyte balance negatively.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome info from you guys!

Have a fair idea how in balance my electrolytes are, as I'm using electrolytes. BUT, nandrolone is messing with that, there are studies showing that the heart problems, nandrolone users are experiencing long term , are due to nandrolone affecting electrolyte balance negatively.
Deca probably does that to some degree for sure. On a positive note 300mg of deca really isn't a very harmful dosage. A methylated steroid will surely cause more damage. I think tren is abother story though.

How is your water intake by the way?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deca probably does that to some degree for sure. On a positive note 300mg of deca really isn't a very harmful dosage. A methylated steroid will surely cause more damage. I think tren is abother story though.

How is your water intake by the way?
I prefer oral rather than rectal.

:)

Normal. A gallon per day -or a bit short of it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73 you're god damn good at explaining stuff.

Shouldn't it be more like 80% sodium and 20% potassium?
Not sure if that is the medical standard or not. I was just going off of several articles I read that recommended it in those ranges for athletes and those trying to optimize their performance but it also helped drastically with putting the water where you wanted it in your body.

I think it might be one of those things like the food pyramid, was the old standard but they have found some better ways too. I would say I will look for the articles but I am not going to end up doing so. However look up something like sodium for high performance and you will most likely find some of what I am referring too.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer oral rather than rectal.

:)

Normal. A gallon per day -or a bit short of it.
So id increase that to 1.5 gallons or even two during the week you wanna (recomp) let's call it. Try the sodium an potassium ratio Mrkleen suggested. It's highly individual. I noticed he just said he tried 5gr of sodium and 3 potassium my bad. He put anywhere from 3-5 potassium and 5-8. sodium.

I am quite confident you wanna have somewhere around 20% potassium and go from there.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if that is the medical standard or not. I was just going off of several articles I read that recommended it in those ranges for athletes and those trying to optimize their performance but it also helped drastically with putting the water where you wanted it in your body.

I think it might be one of those things like the food pyramid, was the old standard but they have found some better ways too. I would say I will look for the articles but I am not going to end up doing so. However look up something like sodium for high performance and you will most likely find some of what I am referring too.
No that's correct 5gr is recommended max sodium. It's likely enough for most people too. I think it more the balance then the intake.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So id increase that to 1.5 gallons or even two during the week you wanna (recomp) let's call it. Try the sodium an potassium ratio Mrkleen suggested. It's highly individual. I noticed he just said he tried 5gr of sodium and 3 potassium my bad. He put anywhere from 3-5 potassium and 5-8. sodium.

I am quite confident you wanna have somewhere around 20% potassium and go from there.
Yep, that is a sound idea.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided to bring this log to an end on Saturday. Because it was about FASTING. Will compile the results into one detailed experience sheet, with the Saturday pic as final pic and post it on the first page, in my first post.

After that I may open a log on my CKD + IF diet, as it is a totally different approach than fasting.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No that's correct 5gr is recommended max sodium. It's likely enough for most people too. I think it more the balance then the intake.
Clear dick picks:
Chados has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Even more than that it really depends on what his current electrolyte situation is.

Dropping sodium for one day without cutting water drastically isn't going to do too much. You are going to get the look you want by having enough of both. Also the last thing you want to do before Molly is dehydrate. From the protocols I have read, you would shoot for about 3-5g of potassium a day and 5-8 grams of sodium and you should be primed for some swollen muscles with minimal subcutaneous water.

There was a thread on here years back where a few people including myself tried it with 3g potassium and 5+ g of sodium and the overnight change was obvious. This is something you can implement before the rave and find your best balance.

Too much sodium compared to potassium will pull water from the muscles and organs into the bloodstream and subcutaneously. However you need both in good amounts.

If you have a lot of subq try adding some potassium and see what happens, from what I have seen of your diet most of the potassium you are getting right now is from your hydration mix. So it could be low. I think we (people) often tend to miss out on some of the minerals & micronutrients when doing IF if we are not intentionally staying on top of it.

For the most part though for most people I would say that they are out of balance due to potassium intake not being high enough. Many will lower sodium and see or feel some improvement with things like BP and what not but and beleive it is a result of lowering their sodium but it is a result of their being more of a balance but if both are low and in balance then the machine feels "normal" but is most definitely hindered. So if you think it is electrolyte based I would look into potassium intake and also making sure you are getting a source of potassium that is relatively bio-available.
I agree with this 100%

MrKleen73 you're god damn good at explaining stuff.

Shouldn't it be more like 80% sodium and 20% potassium?
The US guidelines suggest about 2:1 potassium to sodium actually (2,200mg vs 4,700mg). However based on experimentation from Kleen’s suggestions I have found 2:1 up to 1:1 sodium:potassium to be pretty ideal.

In USA, Morton’s Lite Salt is about 1:1 salt:potassium - I use it heavily.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this 100%

The US guidelines suggest about 2:1 potassium to sodium actually (2,200mg vs 4,700mg). However based on experimentation from Kleen’s suggestions I have found 2:1 up to 1:1 sodium:potassium to be pretty ideal.

We were just talking about the suggested max intake for sodium. It's between 4 and 5 I think depending on the person. If you wanna cut pre contest you are not always healthy :D however I think it's different doing it a week or for 2 years straight

Edit another page says this

Using the same population, other scientists demonstrated that people who consumed more than 7 grams of sodium per day were at a higher risk of heart disease and early death than people who consumed 3–6 grams daily.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We were just talking about the suggested max intake for sodium. It's between 4 and 5 I think depending on the person. If you wanna cut pre contest you are not always healthy :D however I think it's different doing it a week or for 2 years straight

Using the same population, other scientists demonstrated that people who consumed more than 7 grams of sodium per day were at a higher risk of heart disease and early death than people who consumed 3–6 grams daily.
I would be at high risk of death, if my wife would check my whatsapp log.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I was answering your quote was about ratios.

The people in that study are not athletes, or people training for hours sweating balls, or construction workers in Florida. The answer is not black and white - it’s person & situation specific. Personal response is big too. My father bloats awfully from all sodium, but I do much better as long as potassium is on board.

I will indeed say that 5g for most average folk should be plenty though.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was answering your quote was about ratios.

The people in that study are not athletes, or people training for hours sweating balls, or construction workers in Florida. The answer is not black and white - it’s person & situation specific. Personal response is big too. My father bloats awfully from all sodium, but I do much better as long as potassium is on board.

I will indeed say that 5g for most average folk should be plenty though.
Yeah I figured, was just making sure I wasn't typing like an idiot again :). Some people go up to 10mg sodium I just find it a bit high when looking from a health perspective..

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I figured, was just making sure I wasn't typing like an idiot again :). Some people go up to 10mg sodium I just find it a bit high when looking from a health perspective..
Remember though, those doing keto, and IM, and lift are going to utilize, go through, sweat and urinate out a lot more than the average joe, and those on a high carb diet.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I think it's funny with all these tips...most of these guys look like **** (like DC) and say they hate cardio lol...then they are on gear...wtf...

If you hate cardio...dont bitch about looking like ****

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think it's funny with all these tips...most of these guys look like **** (like DC) and say they hate cardio lol...then they are on gear...wtf...

I don't do cardio, and I am lean :)

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Nah, I'm not impressed by ur physique

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nah, I'm not impressed by ur physique
I'm not impressed either with my physique lol. Which is why I strive to progress, and have made progress. Went from 112lbs to 170.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Good work. Not tryna be a dick...it just bothers me sometimes

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Cardio is necessary most times for a good physique, and healthy obviously

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
And people that hate it strike me as lazy fat ****s

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Ok, but stop researching optimal EAA and just lift....fuggg

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
U look like creatine mono alone would help u

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Talking to me? I've been off creatine for a couple months now.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Remember though, those doing keto, and IM, and lift are going to utilize, go through, sweat and urinate out a lot more than the average joe, and those on a high carb diet.
It's never exact with anyone. You can get close but you'll never get perfect. It's more important from an health perspective to be close rather than perfect.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Current fasted ketone levels. Never been this high before.
20190228_203944.jpeg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Did I miss something in this thread? What are you all spun up about exactly?

Who was complaining about cardio?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yeah now I feel stupid for not doing cardio today

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah now I feel stupid for not doing cardio today
If I do cardio, means I have to up calories. Already eat over 3k per day. Just getting by bills wise. So I don't do cardio. Heck, my job is lifting and moving appliances

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I do cardio, means I have to up calories. Already eat over 3k per day. Just getting by bills wise. So I don't do cardio. Heck, my job is lifting and moving appliances
I feel you, I live in the Arctic circle, the winters aren't exactly inviting for a jog.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
I agree with this 100%

This is close to what I believe is about right. Though, I can’t remember my source reference. I usually strive for 1.5 to 1 potassium to sodium as that’s the balance that feels best.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

Yup

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Not "spun up" about anyone in particular...I just think its funny how people analyze the littlest BS (EAA, leucine sensitivity lol)...then most of them look like they either dont lift or just started lifting lol...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Rant over. Sorry haha

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Not "spun up" about anyone in particular...I just think its funny how people analyze the littlest BS (EAA, leucine sensitivity lol)...then most of them look like they either dont lift or just started lifting lol...
I agree that with so many products and methods people have a tendency to manipulate little details when they need to make a solid foundation with basic health and fitness first. When i hear what so many people are on and then see the lack of results i dont know why people are still doing so many supplements. You cant out work a bad diet and you cant supplement discipline.