PeptoPro? Best Option?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Empyrean Nutrition Insu-Pro (Post-Workout)
15 grams of whey isolate
10 grams of peptopro hydrolyzed casein
150mg of na-r-ala
2:1 ratio of carbs to protein

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peptopro and hydro 520 came in. Fast shipping.

Tropical orange pepto, but still taste horrible. Bring da gainzzzzz!
Im impressed by Strive, tastes great in the apple melon. I was also impressed with the flavoring used in MAP by Primordial. Its a darn shame that line isnt around anymore I loved all of their products that I tried. Thats a shame to hear that flavoring isnt masking the taste better.

Ive never bought from any bulk protein sites, partially as I know their aim isnt as much about the flavoring and frankly Ive grown accustomed to being spoiled by the great tasting options on the market... my protein tastes like a milk shake, my pre tastes like kool aid... its tough to go back from that!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a bunch of those mio concentrated drink mixers, and I squeeze until it taste good, doesn't take much either. makes it taste good. im sure If I had something with sugar in it, it'd taste better, but sugar an I aren't friends.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perscription nutrition/Rx Whey's peptopro is legit and tastes good actually. It's better than PP's MAP, and coming from me, that is saying a lot.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perscription nutrition/Rx Whey's peptopro is legit and tastes good actually. It's better than PP's MAP, and coming from me, that is saying a lot.
Taste like shiit to me. I got tropical orange flavor. Don't care how it taste though.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are some other mixes you guys like to make? I am interested in the Super Bovine Plasma protein but only looks like Protein Factory carries that.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are some other mixes you guys like to make? I am interested in the Super Bovine Plasma protein but only looks like Protein Factory carries that.
Don't know, but ergopharm used to have gf pro, which had spray dried bovine plasma protein, and I believe there were Alot of fruity flavors.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
super plasma truly is great but it is very expensive, i just checked and the price per pound went thru the roof..

also i just seen the new bcaa whey(did Prada make that) would it really be that anabolic? what do u guys think
or would mixing plain WPC with BCAA be the same thing?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I order two jugs of Empyrean Nutrition Insu-Pro -- Orange and Chocolate.

I also couldn't wait for the new flavoring so I went ahead and ordered Strive Cherry-Limeade from a site that still had a bunch in stock at a cheap price.

Looking forward to trying some Peptopro products.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know, but ergopharm used to have gf pro, which had spray dried bovine plasma protein, and I believe there were Alot of fruity flavors.
Yup, cherry kicked ass!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rx whey peptopro/hydro520 [video=youtube;kmc1fosABW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmc1fosABW0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those of you using straight peptopro, what dosage and when are you using it?
10grams post work. Anything more than 15 is a waste. It's utilized by the body almost instantly. You're better off having the 10-15 grams of Peptopro and then having your post workout meal/whey isolate 30 minutes later.

It's incredible stuff. The recovery on it surpasses anything else on the market.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10grams post work. Anything more than 15 is a waste. It's utilized by the body almost instantly. You're better off having the 10-15 grams of Peptopro and then having your post workout meal/whey isolate 30 minutes later.It's incredible stuff. The recovery on it surpasses anything else on the market.
Awesome, I've even been told 5-10g is really enough.Mike

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got my Empyrean Nutrition Insu-Pro yesterday and wow, that Peptopro is bitter. Trying Strive tonight during my workout.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10grams post work. Anything more than 15 is a waste. It's utilized by the body almost instantly. You're better off having the 10-15 grams of Peptopro and then having your post workout meal/whey isolate 30 minutes later.

It's incredible stuff. The recovery on it surpasses anything else on the market.
interesting.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tried Strive last night during my workout.. CherryLime and it came in a silver bucket, not black. Anyways, taste really wasn't that bad. It probably would've tasted even better if I had ice.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Empyrean Nutrition Insu-Pro (Post-Workout)
15 grams of whey isolate
10 grams of peptopro hydrolyzed casein
150mg of na-r-ala
2:1 ratio of carbs to protein
This looks like a pretty solid product. I would prefer a different carb source. It would be great if they offered it without the carbs.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I really like the ingredient profile of Strive. Will have to try it when my bulk EAA's run out.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried Strive last night during my workout.. CherryLime and it came in a silver bucket, not black. Anyways, taste really wasn't that bad. It probably would've tasted even better if I had ice.
Ya I like the taste. Nice and cold it is pleasant to sip while I lift. :)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used that one in the black tub when it first came out, and thought it tasted ok.

I have a silver tub of the apple melon and its amazing tasting, I was surprised to hear they are re flavoring it... I highly prefer it most of the other intra options out there for taste (even though most use easier to flavor wph rather than peptopro) and results wise I feel its the best out there.

Myokemist

Awards
I used that one in the black tub when it first came out, and thought it tasted ok.

I have a silver tub of the apple melon and its amazing tasting, I was surprised to hear they are re flavoring it... I highly prefer it most of the other intra options out there for taste (even though most use easier to flavor wph rather than peptopro) and results wise I feel its the best out there.
Our next run will be incredible! We have a surprise with that run... ;)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A golden ticket inside one special tub to come and visit the Strive factory?!?!?!!!?

rooster1

Awards
I just started using Strive and so far I'm impressed. I have the Apple Melon in the silver container and it tastes on par with most other similar mixes. I am impressed with Strive so far and will buy it again.

Myokemist

Awards
A golden ticket inside one special tub to come and visit the Strive factory?!?!?!!!?
Just hope if you win, you don't turn into a giant blueberry!

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just hope if you win, you don't turn into a giant blueberry!
Wow, if you release Blueberry. Nothing really on the market right now using that flavor. I remember GF Pro Blueberry being a favorite amongst many.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A refreshing blueberry taste would be one of very few possible ways to improve the already kick @ss Strive!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Becoming a giant blueberry is the opposite of my fitness goals at the moment.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A refreshing blueberry taste would be one of very few possible ways to improve the already kick @ss Strive!

The old cranberry MAP was quite good. Lemon-cranberry would mask just about anything. It's how I roll with my vodka.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i went with bulk peptopro to try this time, Strive will be next. Have used a ton of no-synthesize also.

mike

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i went with bulk peptopro to try this time, Strive will be next. Have used a ton of no-synthesize also.

mike
strive seems to only have 4g of peptopro per serving, 40 servings. 1lb of peptopro bulk is 29$, for 90 servings at 4g/serving. I was interested in this strive talk, but it seems to be a rip off.

Myokemist

Awards
strive seems to only have 4g of peptopro per serving, 40 servings. 1lb of peptopro bulk is 29$, for 90 servings at 4g/serving. I was interested in this strive talk, but it seems to be a rip off.
You're not factoring the 5 grams of instanized BCAAs, 1 gram of Carnitine, 2 grams of Malic Acid per serving as well.

cjwav34

Awards
You're not factoring the 5 grams of instanized BCAAs, 1 gram of Carnitine, 2 grams of Malic Acid per serving as well.
Strive is not strictly a protein product. Comparing bulk PeptoPro to Strive isn't accurate.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

mike
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase bulk peptopro? Rx? True Nutrition?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Saying it is a ripoff is a bit harsh. While I like the profile for Strive, $1.50 per serving does seem a bit spendy even considering the list of ingredients. I realize Omega is a quality company, sourcing quality ingredients that are not pixie dusted in there, and making a quality product but thats still a bit much in my opinion.

I just wanted to add that I respect that great flavor/taste is worth something too and that Strive seems to taste great from what the reviews are saying.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still has my interest as a intra work out product. And still a bit on the pricey side.

But post w/o, its not what I'm looking for.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If I sourced all those ingredients and took the time to get them into the same ratios as Strive, that would end up being more expensive, in terms of time and money, than if I just bought Strive. I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I will pay for the convenience, but for someone who does have abundant time..hey, source it out and mix yourself silly. It won't end up being as good though..believe me. I have tried to re-create all the top PWO et al.

Same argument came out when things like Body Octane etc hit the market. Someone like Omega Sports or MAN come up with a synergistic blend, which takes $$ in terms of R&D dollars, not to mention the flavoring which means all the world to a huge share of the customers.

cjwav34

Awards
If I sourced all those ingredients and took the time to get them into the same ratios as Strive, that would end up being more expensive, in terms of time and money, than if I just bought Strive. I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I will pay for the convenience, but for someone who does have abundant time..hey, source it out and mix yourself silly. It won't end up being as good though..believe me. I have tried to re-create all the top PWO et al.

Same argument came out when things like Body Octane etc hit the market. Someone like Omega Sports or MAN come up with a synergistic blend, which takes $$ in terms of R&D dollars, not to mention the flavoring which means all the world to a huge share of the customers.
Exactly. Not to mention each tub will last you two months if you train 5 times a week. :)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if only the supplement industry wuz that complicated. but no need to get y'alls panties in a wad, I'll buy a tub an put up a review. :thumbsup: you know if Europa is a supplier of omega sports products?

Myokemist

Awards
if only the supplement industry wuz that complicated. but no need to get y'alls panties in a wad, I'll buy a tub an put up a review. :thumbsup: you know if Europa is a supplier of omega sports products?
We deal exclusively through Lone Star Distribution.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that sux, cant recommend it to my clients if it's good. gym uses eropa.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
So, looks like Strive is in stock again at the planet with a higher price tag. Is this the one with the new flavoring? Is it still the Ajinomoto iBCAA's as listed?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, looks like Strive is in stock again at the planet with a higher price tag. Is this the one with the new flavoring? Is it still the Ajinomoto iBCAA's as listed?
Yes I believe it's still the Ajinomoto and another site just had Strive for $32.99. I stocked up.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love my bulk peptopro but tastes horrrrible.. How does strive taste?