Unanswered Peptopro vs BCAA Intraworkout

LvlUpStrength

Awards
I have read many threads regarding Peptopro and some reps advertise the supplement as if it was from the Holy Grail, does it really make a difference compared to BCAA for intraworkout?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
imo no it doesn't make much difference. I do use BCAAs intra workout. More for just extra aminos and something flavored to drink during my workout ha

LvlUpStrength

Awards
Will go for some BCAA, Peptopro is expensive.

Do you know any good UK supps for bulk BCAA? Cheers.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will go for some BCAA, Peptopro is expensive.

Do you know any good UK supps for bulk BCAA? Cheers.
Bulk powders, my protein

You can get like 90 serving tubs of controlled labs purple wraath

Pro supps hydro BCAA

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I prefer EAAs to BCAA and slightly prefer protein hydrolysate to EAAs, but not worth the added cost or availability issues currently.

Total Protein Intake >>> than Amino Acids during training, but if going that route I'd opt for a more affordable option (again I prefer EAA) to PeptoPro/Hydrolysates.

My two go to products for this currently:
Nutrabio IntraBlast
CL Purple Wraath
Dymatize Amino9

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Optimal protein synthesis rates require all 9 amino acids. As such, PeptoPro would be preferred vs. BCAA. The research shows di and tri-peptides (as found in PeptoPro) to be superior to both intact proteins and free form amino acids (1). However, it's not always that simple. You'll find instead, that using all 9 Essential Amino Acids immediately prior to, and during training far more effective. This, given you can tweak the ratios of each. You keep playing with those, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

What you stand to gain is far, far greater than virtually any other product advertised here. It's an interesting phenomenon..

(1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28337890

Last edited:
banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To answer the original question, peotoprois better in my opinion. It's not necessarily better than EAA in terms of protein synthesis ( my preferred route), but it does seem to reduce fat mass better in some studies.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Def eaa’s instead of Bcaa. Multiple studies have shown Bcaa to be useless.

PunkRock

PunkRock

Awards
I prefer carbs honestly. Cyclic dextrin works great for me.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I prefer BCAA based on taste alone. Peptopro is too "earthy" to me. I can never get the taste to fully disappear, whereas mass-market BCAAs (I'll highlight Xtend and Muscletech as being excellent) taste great.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Optimal protein synthesis rates require all 9 amino acids. As such, PeptoPro would be preferred vs. BCAA. The research shows di and tri-peptides (as found in PeptoPro) to be superior to both intact proteins and free form amino acids (1). However, it's not always that simple. You'll find instead, that using all 9 Essential Amino Acids immediately prior to, and during training far more effective. This, given you can tweak the ratios of each. You keep playing with those, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

What you stand to gain is far, far greater than virtually any other product advertised here. It's an interesting phenomenon..

(1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28337890
Wait, how are peptides superior, except that EAAs are superior? Which is it?