Best dosage for intraworkout heavy training day? Peptopro Vs BCAAs?

swaneon

Awards
A friend of mine is doing a new training method and will be deadlifting and squatting (both HEAVY) on the same day (1x per week). Aside from the schedule, he's wondering what would be a good intraworkout for recovery. He's lighter than I am at 137lbs and is very seasoned on lifting and but right now is focused on rapid recovery. He's prepping for some crossfit competition in a few months.

Right now he has Scivation Xtend and Omega Sport's Strive.
Would it be better to just do 2x scoops of Strive vs a mix of Xtend and Strive? And would 2x Strive (8gb of Peptopro I believe) be enough because we've read about 10-15g being optimal. But he does have a lower body weight.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would use strive on a heavier workout day and save the Xtend for lesser intense days

You should also consider Intra MD as an Intra workout for heavy training days with added carbs they are also going to release Intra MD EAA+ as a carb free option

Strive is a lot more complex than Xtend which would give you additional benefits on those heavy workouts

The BCAA may not be so necessary if your pre and post workout nutrition are in check i would again consider something like ergonine a stim free pre that would aid recovery and performance over the Xtend for training purposes

If you were training fasted then i would 100% keep in the amino most chances are it may not be 100% necessary if meeting proper protein intake and pre/post workout nutrition is solid

swaneon

Awards
I would use strive on a heavier workout day and save the Xtend for lesser intense days

You should also consider Intra MD as an Intra workout for heavy training days with added carbs they are also going to release Intra MD EAA+ as a carb free option

Strive is a lot more complex than Xtend which would give you additional benefits on those heavy workouts

The BCAA may not be so necessary if your pre and post workout nutrition are in check i would again consider something like ergonine a stim free pre that would aid recovery and performance over the Xtend for training purposes

If you were training fasted then i would 100% keep in the amino most chances are it may not be 100% necessary if meeting proper protein intake and pre/post workout nutrition is solid
That's interesting, thanks!

Another question, would you recommend using a bit of Strive + Pre (stimulated such as teacrine and caffeine) prior to a crossfit meet or powerlifting meet? And sipping on Strive between each lift in order to reduce fatigue?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Another question, would you recommend using a bit of Strive + Pre (stimulated such as teacrine and caffeine) prior to a crossfit meet or powerlifting meet? And sipping on Strive between each lift in order to reduce fatigue?
You could, or add a caffeine tab. Personally Ergonine may be better for recovery and a better bang for your buck. Like i said if your pre/post workout nutrition are in check chances are the BCAA's wont be necessary you have to realize BCAA's are protein, if you are getting enough protein in a daily basis or 24 hour period more is not always better.

Ergonine would provide betaine, lclt, creatine, HICA whicih are all great aspects for recovery at a lower price point per serving.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'd go strive + carbs in a competition setting (I'd even suggest that if training performance and recovery are his goals).

Caffeine/pre will depend. Powerlifting meet I'd be inclined to say yes quite often, CrossFit competition it would depend on the event.

For proper recovery, performance, and strength benefits you could look into the daily use of something like Ergonine like mentioned above.