Adding PeptoPro to EAAs Intra Workout vs larger EAA dosing

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I undertand the advantages of EAAs IntraWO. I'm wondering if there might be some additional advantage to also adding some PeptoPro to an IntraWO EAA supplement (like Amino IV). Or would it be just as beneficial to add additional EAAs?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
There is an intra workout supplement (Omega Sports Strive) that has this. I believe that AEN Intrabolic uses Hydrolyzed whey as an ingredient which would be a similar concept.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a lot of people used to use pepto pro intra workout all the time and loved it....i use hydrolyzed protein intra workout from compete mixed with bcaa's and have really been enjoying the combination

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I undertand the advantages of EAAs IntraWO. I'm wondering if there might be some additional advantage to also adding some PeptoPro to an IntraWO EAA supplement (like Amino IV). Or would it be just as beneficial to add additional EAAs?
With a product like Amino IV there really shouldn't be a need for extra EAAs or any additional amino acid additions. Is there any particular reason you are wishing to add some?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
There is an intra workout supplement (Omega Sports Strive) that has this. I believe that AEN Intrabolic uses Hydrolyzed whey as an ingredient which would be a similar concept.
I was aware of Strive forgot about Intrabolic. However, my reservation is that just because a company is making a product in a given way does not mean that it is beneficial. I'm sure many of us question any given company's formulations from time to time. On the other hand, maybe there is an advantage and they have stepped on board with something other companies shy away from due to cost (Peptopro is expensive).

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
With a product like Amino IV there really shouldn't be a need for extra EAAs or any additional amino acid additions. Is there any particular reason you are wishing to add some?
To get a larger amount of amino acids (I know one could double up the does if Amino IV) and I believe there may be a benefit to a complete protein made up of predominately di/tri peptides intraWO.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On if that's the case you could add peptopro of you wanted, but in the majority of cases I am just unsure if any discernible difference would be made.

I have added peptopro to Amino IV (one scoop) when I had both and wanted to conserve some Amino IV until I got more, the taste was covered pretty well but I liked two scoops Amino IV vs that combo (I've never felt the need to add additional to a full serving of Amino IV though),

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
if that's the case you could add peptopro of you wanted, but in the majority of cases I am just unsure if any discernible difference would be made.
This is the conclusion I am trying to come to myself :) If in fact adding some PeptoPro to an EAA mixture would be of any benefit. Maybe its a moot point?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
If this is strictly within the context of "intra" workout supplementation, I don't see that the benefit outweighs the cost given how expensive peptopro is. As the PES rep mentioned Amino IV the ingredients contained in that (HICA, Lemon Verbena) would be of more benefit during a workout then spending the extra for peptopro in my opinion.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any time peri workout (pre, intra or post) I HIGHLY recommend PeptoPro whether added to, or in place of free form amino acids.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe peptapro stops MPB faster than EAA bc of the di&tri peptide bonds and being pre-digested. EAA are second and BCAA third. Peptapro tastes like sh!t by itself.

I switched to EAA for the last 4 weeks of prep and saw great results when combined with BCAA. However, I was taking in about 35gr total of the blend. I'll be adding roughly 10gr EAA to my usual 20gr Peptapro this off season intra. Personally, I think a mix has the most cost:benefit ratio

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're going to use PeptoPro, you don't need to use EAAs. Pick one or another.

Also, products that contain like 5 grams of casein hydrolysate, I'm not quite sure how beneficial 5 grams is going to be TBH.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll stick to Amino IV...thank you.
When I run out of Amino IV, I'm just going to switch completely over to Plazma TBH. Less things to mix, getting in lots of protein, ample carbs, a chit ton of citrulline malate along with betaine. Costs about as much as one would expect it to cost per serving when you account for everything that's in a serving.

I love my Amino IV, but I think overall the Plazma is just more convenient and contains everything I would have been using anyway pre and intra.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
When I run out of Amino IV, I'm just going to switch completely over to Plazma TBH. Less things to mix, getting in lots of protein, ample carbs, a chit ton of citrulline malate along with betaine. Costs about as much as one would expect it to cost per serving when you account for everything that's in a serving.

I love my Amino IV, but I think overall the Plazma is just more convenient and contains everything I would have been using anyway pre and intra.
Hmmm..never heard of Plazma. Who is this made by?

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Never mind..just googled it...Biotest.

I will look into this when I run out of Amino IV myself...thanks Dook.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm..never heard of Plazma. Who is this made by?
I fear ever mentioning the company's name, before everybody starts slamming me for it. LoL.

But, for those interested, the contents of 1 serving of Plazma:

15 grams casein hydrolysate
38 grams of carbs (HBCD and isomaltulose)
Around 12 or so grams split between citrulline malate and betaine anhydrous
Around .7 grams of electrolytes/minerals

There's no fillers (the stuff has no flavouring, but they give you liquid flavouring that you would mix in yourself per serving).

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
I fear ever mentioning the company's name, before everybody starts slamming me for it. LoL.

But, for those interested, the contents of 1 serving of Plazma:

15 grams casein hydrolysate
38 grams of carbs (HBCD and isomaltulose)
Around 12 or so grams split between citrulline malate and betaine anhydrous
Around .7 grams of electrolytes/minerals

There's no fillers (the stuff has no flavouring, but they give you liquid flavouring that you would mix in yourself per serving).
I hear ya man. Thanks!

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to use PeptoPro, you don't need to use EAAs. Pick one or another.

Also, products that contain like 5 grams of casein hydrolysate, I'm not quite sure how beneficial 5 grams is going to be TBH.
I agree. I'm not sure how beneficial 5g is either.

Logically to me, and my logic may be wrong :), that maybe 15g PeptoPro with say 10g of Leucine rich EAAs might have some advantages over 25g PeptoPro alone or obviously 25g of EAAs alone. However, this is what I am trying to resolve. Its not a lot of additional cost, adding 10g of Leucine rich EAAs would add less than 50 cents to my IntraWO drink.

I also found a hydrolyzed whey that advertises greater than 50% di/tri peptides (it seems it is hard to get a manufacturer to disclose the amount of di/tri peptides) that is about 1/2 the cost of PeptoPro so I am considering I might give that a try and see how it might compare to PeptoPro in terms of recovery.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I'm not sure how beneficial 5g is either.

Logically to me, and my logic may be wrong :), that maybe 15g PeptoPro with say 10g of Leucine rich EAAs might have some advantages over 25g PeptoPro alone or obviously 25g of EAAs alone. However, this is what I am trying to resolve. Its not a lot of additional cost, adding 10g of Leucine rich EAAs would add less than 50 cents to my IntraWO drink.

I also found a hydrolyzed whey that advertises greater than 50% di/tri peptides (it seems it is hard to get a manufacturer to disclose the amount of di/tri peptides) that is about 1/2 the cost of PeptoPro so I am considering I might give that a try and see how it might compare to PeptoPro in terms of recovery.
I think around 15 grams of PeptoPro alone should have sufficient leucine to optimally signal mTOR, so adding more leucine more or less becomes drastically diminishing returns (leucine's effect on mTOR is not linear, so below a certain threshold it's not a very potent stimulation for mTOR but above a certain threshold, it doesn't really increase the stimulation by much more).

I think hydro whey should be good to go as well, most likely you would want to dose that a bit higher than you would with the PeptoPro or high quality hydro casein (I don't really trust labels that say they contain hydro casein, there's no way you know how good of a quality that hydro casein is going to be).

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My preworkout has 2 grams leucine, And I use 12 grams peptopro intra. I'd like to think im covered.