TRT for adding weight?

Porky101

Porky101

Awards
So I went into work today and one of my coworkers was talking about TRT and taking testosterone. The dude is 47 and looks jacked! I was impressed. I really did not ask too much because there was a few people around. But he was talking about feeling better, sex drive higher, and obviously working out and getting bigger.

I’m not going to lie, makes me want to check TRT out. Wanted to hit you guys up and see what you think. First, is this the right thread to post this on? Second, could someone use TRT to bulk or gain weight?

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
If your test levels are normal / near the high end and you get on an actual trt dose you probably won’t notice too much. I’d start with getting bloodwork done

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I went into work today and one of my coworkers was talking about TRT and taking testosterone. The dude is 47 and looks jacked! I was impressed. I really did not ask too much because there was a few people around. But he was talking about feeling better, sex drive higher, and obviously working out and getting bigger.

I’m not going to lie, makes me want to check TRT out. Wanted to hit you guys up and see what you think. First, is this the right thread to post this on? Second, could someone use TRT to bulk or gain weight?
I promise you he didn't get jacked (I guess your definition of jacked might be different then mine) but you don't get jacked because your on trt. Trt is a replacement dose of testosterone that puts you in the normal range. There's 8 million men in the US on Dr. Perscribed trt and most of them look like they have never exercised. Your buddy is probably running a few cycles a year if he's jacked.

If you already has low t then getting on trt will be a boost. But If you have natural high testosterone levels and you go on trt, nothing significant will happen. Heck. 99% of steroid users running 10x the gear that is trt barely look like they lift. Walk into a planet fitness and look how many 150lb guys have shoulder acne and gyno poking through there shmedium tank tops

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
^^^
Exactly....
TRT is to bring a man's Test Level back in a Normal Range...Which,does a lot of good..Energy, confidence, libido and just feeling like a younger man...
One of the General Rules, I considered it dialing mine in, was muscle gains...If,I was putting on more muscle on my dose and my bloodwork...It was too much..
Now, more experienced guys add somethings to tweek it..
That's a different Thread..

Side Note....
Very few men that I've talked to have a Natural Test Range above 45 or 50...even less men above 60...
There's a ton of controversy about "Why"...
But,most Men in the World have no idea and totally dependent upon their Dr....

One Thing...
I learned the Hard Way, never depend on Anyone to watch over your Health..
It's Your Responsibility..!!!
Z...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When I want to bulk, I eat more pasta, rice and bagels. Typically every day right now. When I am losing bodyfat, I control my calories tightly. I may run the exact same steroids in either scenario but be 40lbs different in my bodyweight.

Diet determines size. Hormones are signals; food is the raw material. You literally are what you eat.

Porky101

Porky101

Awards
I promise you he didn't get jacked (I guess your definition of jacked might be different then mine) but you don't get jacked because your on trt. Trt is a replacement dose of testosterone that puts you in the normal range. There's 8 million men in the US on Dr. Perscribed trt and most of them look like they have never exercised. Your buddy is probably running a few cycles a year if he's jacked.

If you already has low t then getting on trt will be a boost. But If you have natural high testosterone levels and you go on trt, nothing significant will happen. Heck. 99% of steroid users running 10x the gear that is trt barely look like they lift. Walk into a planet fitness and look how many 150lb guys have shoulder acne and gyno poking through there shmedium tank tops
I was kinda thinking that too, the dude is pretty big and I’ve seen other people on TRT and not be anywhere close to his size. I’m going to call my primary doctor and see about getting some bloodwork done to check my levels. Thanks bro!

Porky101

Porky101

Awards
^^^
Exactly....
TRT is to bring a man's Test Level back in a Normal Range...Which,does a lot of good..Energy, confidence, libido and just feeling like a younger man...
One of the General Rules, I considered it dialing mine in, was muscle gains...If,I was putting on more muscle on my dose and my bloodwork...It was too much..
Now, more experienced guys add somethings to tweek it..
That's a different Thread..

Side Note....
Very few men that I've talked to have a Natural Test Range above 45 or 50...even less men above 60...
There's a ton of controversy about "Why"...
But,most Men in the World have no idea and totally dependent upon their Dr....

One Thing...
I learned the Hard Way, never depend on Anyone to watch over your Health..
It's Your Responsibility..!!!
Z...
Thanks for the advice! I’m going to hit my doctor up for bloodwork to check my levels.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I will say that if you wanted to diet down to single digit bodyfat then trt would help, it's not burning fat But when a natural person cuts down below ten percent body fat there natural test starts to drop, but on trt it would Stay elevated allowing you to train Harder. Another advantage is some ppl just mentally feel that trt is a huge advantage and placebo effect is very real for those who b
I was kinda thinking that too, the dude is pretty big and I’ve seen other people on TRT and not be anywhere close to his size. I’m going to call my primary doctor and see about getting some bloodwork done to check my levels. Thanks bro!
I would say your feeling tired and low libido and would like to get some bloodwork and ask what you should test for. If the Dr. Don't mention testosterone, free testosterone and estrogen then I would say you would like those tested too. That way he doesn't think you're coming in specifically to get testosterone, And you need to know all three of those to get an accurate reading of your testosterone level. Total testosterone free testosterone and astrogen are all part of the equation. Having a total testosterone number of a thousand means nothing if you're free test is in the gutter and estrogen out of whack too

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Estrogen control is a must when using gear..both high and low Estrogen causes problems..I know alot of guys don't monitor their Estrogen and Threads pop up.."What am I doing wrong "...Many Times it's their Estrogen levels...
Also,guys add compounds that effectively drop Estrogen and also run an AI...That will crash it too...it's why bloodwork is so important..especially, when using new compounds...
Z...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Estrogen control is a must when using gear..both high and low Estrogen causes problems..I know alot of guys don't monitor their Estrogen and Threads pop up.."What am I doing wrong "...Many Times it's their Estrogen levels...
Also,guys add compounds that effectively drop Estrogen and also run an AI...That will crash it too...it's why bloodwork is so important..especially, when using new compounds...
Z...
I have to ask, and it's purely out of Curiosity. What is the Z... you put at the end of your posts mean?

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was backpacking yrs ago in Zion National Park..a single parent, great life insurance, never in big trouble or any drugs...
During one day, I had 3 very close calls..last one...I had to jump off the side of a cliff..it was either that or fall on a rock shelf..about a 28 foot drop..
I made it..but was busted up pretty bad..
Now this was a solo trip..no one else..
I heard some women talking, I yelled out..
They helped me until I got hypothermia..I stayed..they went for help..
The next day..Park Rangers came and got me out...just brushes and some bad cuts..
But,I nearly died 3 times that day..

Years after..My life went to s***..Parents Died...Drugs..Prison..just went to Hell...
I believe that was God's work...He had a plan for me...He wasn't about to loose me that day..

I've come Full-Circle since then...
Of course it hasn't been without failures and disappointments..
These last ten years have been absolute Hell...Fighting C...

But...
I Never want to forget about the day He saved me..Not once..but 3 times, hence the 3 dots...
Now..I think I know Why...
I believe my Journey with terminal C...is to help, encourage and Inspire..Others Fighting unbeatable odds...
I may not beat C...but....
If, just one..one person Stands...Stands Up to their Dragon..and Fight like Hell...
They have a Chance...

In the last 3 days....
I met 3 people Fighting terrible odds..
The World is a Cold, Heartless World of mostly Selfish,Cruel People...
But Only if Good Men..Do Nothing..!!

So...that's the meaning..Brother..
Z...