love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^heh...smoke is now coming from the servers
Lol...can I get you to call people for me when I need to set them straight?

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone! Sorry, I've been a bit MIA for a couple days. I've had a lot going on in the family dept, and not enough time to sit down & type things out like I like to for my log. Anyways...I'm back. Things are still going great with this stack. Appetite is still suppressed nicely, and I'm still feeling leaner almost daily.

Wednesday was leg day! Workout wasn't very impressive, but I focused a lot, again, on working on my squat form. It's getting there...slowly.

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
Back hyperextensions x8
Leg extensions 30x10
Back hyperextensions x8
Leg extensions 30x10

Squats
55x8x2

Smith Machine Squats
75x10x2

I was getting frustrated at myself. So, to work on my balance a bit I did 3 sets of 8 squats with 5lb Db's on a balance ball. That's a lot easier said than done.

I finished off the workout with calf raises on the Smith machine...
75x10x3

Thursday was arms! My days were thrown with yates84 being out of town...so arms got done twice this week.*

Warm-up
5 min elliptical

Bb bicep curls 20x15x3
Bb overhead tricep extensions 20x10x3

Supported EZ curl/Unilateral Db curl Superset
20x12x3/7.5x10x3

Close grip Bb bench press
20x15x2
30x10x2

Camber curl/Machine tricep extensions Superset
30x10x3/30x12x3

Arms are finally starting to show some (a little) definition, and it just makes me hungry for more!!

PhotoGrid_1434092710224.jpg

Last night, after dinner, I got in a couple miles of power walking around the fields behind the house with the nugget & my Dad!! Trying to make that a daily thing at least once...sometimes twice) to increase my cardio a bit!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those balance ball squats are no joke. Just keep it reasonable - there is a picture rolling around of somebody doing full barbell squats on the balance ball, which is really dumb and dangerous.

Your arms are really firming up, and I can start to see the split coming in between your biceps and triceps.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
There is no way I'd try squats on the balance ball with a barbell. I'd bust my butt.

I'm definitely starting to like what I see in the mirror more & more....a much leaner physique with some muscles starting to show!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Yep...going to have to work my ass off tomorrow to work these off! That's what cheat meal Friday is for though...right??

PhotoGrid_1434142289396.jpg

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're looking great!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Killer workout girl! Arms are looking good!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Happy Saturday! Yesterday, was an off day...so all I got in was about 4 miles of power walking & abs!

Today was chest day. Again, I focused a lot on bench work. I was really energized & feeling strong this morning. I got my most reps with 50 lbs on the flat bench!! I also found myself dancing between sets...instead of resting.

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
Db Flat bench press
7.5x15x3

Incline bench press
30x10x3

Flat bench press
45x8x2
50x5x2
50x6

Incline Db chest fly/Flat Db chest fly Superset
5x15/7.5x8
5x15/7.5x8
5x12/7.5x8

I'm still feeling leaner & leaner. I actually have clothes that are getting too big. I have clothes I couldn't fit in just 2 months ago, and haven't been able to get into for over 2 yrs, fitting. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's pics & measurements say. I'm also going to be stepping up cardio & lifting volume next week.

Laying out in humid 95°F weather while on this stack will definitely make you sweat. I might as well have been in a sauna! I'm really noticing my core temp going up more, now that I'm 2 weeks in. The fat is melting away!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
95°!? What state are you in? I'm in south Louisiana and it's not that hot down here.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
95°!? What state are you in? I'm in south Louisiana and it's not that hot down here.
It was in the upper 80s past two days in Ohio.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I'm in NC. This whole week is supposed to be in the upper 90's.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Sunday = back day!! I was feeling energized & stronger again today!! Improved on my deadlift's quite a bit this week. Maxed out at 95lbs, where I was maxing out at 70lbs last week. I was really impressed & proud of myself. My mindset is improving as well. I'm starting to have more confidence in myself & my body. That hunger for improvement is getting stronger as well.

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
2 min dynamic upper body stretching
Back hyperextensions 3 sets of 10 reps

Deadlifts
50x15
55x15
65x12
75x12
85x10
95x8

Overhand/Underhand Bb rows
30x10/30x10
30x10/30x10
30x10/30x10

Cable rows
40x12
40x10
40x12

Assisted pull-ups w/64lb assisted weight
3 sets of 5 reps

Finished up with intervals of battle ropes!!

Then did about 6 mins of yoga stretching, to help keep those worked muscles loose.

Sunday also means it's that time again. This week's updated pic....

PhotoGrid_1434289975137.jpg

Progression/comparison photo last week vs this week...

PhotoGrid_1434289266632.jpg

I don't feel like this comparison is as impressive, but yates84 said there are significant changes. I'm probably being overly critical.

Measurements for this week....
29.25" waist - down .5" - total down 1.25"
34" hips - down 1" - total down 2.5"
20.75" L thigh - down .25" - total down .5"
20.75" R thigh - down .5" - total down .75"

I feel like this stack is definitely helping me shed fat at a much faster rate!! I had a target weight in mind when I started this stack, but I didn't account for the muscle I'd be building too (since I didn't already have that base). I'm nowhere near that target weight, but I'm more than impressed with my measurements thus far!!!

Planning to get in some miles with the nugget this evening, when it cools off some. Also planning to lightly hit abs with some pilates too!!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You look great baby, keep killing it!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the measurement losses are incredible so far...keep it up :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You look amazing! Definitely an inspiration. :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Measurements are impressive...you can see right around the underside of your rib cage/upper abs a definite leaning.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Measurements are impressive...you can see right around the underside of your rib cage/upper abs a definite leaning.
This stack has definitely catapulted my fat loss!! I'm a fan!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this amount of time, those measurement changes are incredibly positive. Great work!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm definitely putting this stack to the test after last night & today. I definitely indulged for my birthday!!

Dinner out with hubby last night (we split this)...

PhotoGrid_1434411637612.jpg

Lunch with friends today! My little one ate my hushpuppies & most of the fried okra & I split the cake with a friend....but holy crap I still over ate.

PhotoGrid_1434411552169.jpg

PhotoGrid_1434411574981.jpg

Now....to get my ass busy & see how I recomp!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh. My. God!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Well, after all the binge eating, curiosity got the best of me. I just knew I'd gained like 2lbs. Nope...only .4 of a lb!! I also still felt & looked leaner this morning.....or maybe I just felt better in this suit. Who knows!!

PhotoGrid_1434463149896.jpg

Today we hit shoulders!!! I was feeling a bit lethargic & burning out quicker this morning though. Probably from too many carbs. UGH! I stuck with it & still got in a decent workout.

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
Dynamic stretching
Db shoulder presses
7.5x12x3

Alternating front/back Bb shoulder presses
20x12(total reps)x3

Front Bb shoulder presses
30x10x3

Military presses
7.5x12x4

Bb shoulder pull
30x10x3

Finished with 2 sets of ~12 20lb kettlebell shoulder swings!

It is so effing hot here right now...high of 101°F today. So, instead of walking this afternoon, I plan to do some ab centered higher intensity yoga instead!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you're done with your log, make sure to check out Defuse and Slintensity if you haven't already -- when I want to go hard with a meal, those two keep things in check and I'll regularly wake up having lost weight the day after eating at a buffet.

Actually, after the gym last night I grilled up 2 pounds of ground beef (two half pound burgers and three third pound burgers) and half a dozen jalapeno cheddar brats. I ended up eating the two half pound burgers and 2 brats (each on its own bun, no less -- I rarely will do that lol) and woke up a pound lighter this morning.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
When you're done with your log, make sure to check out Defuse and Slintensity if you haven't already -- when I want to go hard with a meal, those two keep things in check and I'll regularly wake up having lost weight the day after eating at a buffet.

Actually, after the gym last night I grilled up 2 pounds of ground beef (two half pound burgers and three third pound burgers) and half a dozen jalapeno cheddar brats. I ended up eating the two half pound burgers and 2 brats (each on its own bun, no less -- I rarely will do that lol) and woke up a pound lighter this morning.
Oh...I'll definitely look into that! Thank you! I rarely go at like I did Sunday evening & yesterday. I give myself 3 occasions to binge eat....my birthday, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. However, it would be nice to go out with family, when they go to a buffet, and not have to constantly fret over every bite...or just get the salad bar!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh...I'll definitely look into that! Thank you! I rarely go at like I did Sunday evening & yesterday. I give myself 3 occasions to binge eat....my birthday, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. However, it would be nice to go out with family, when they go to a buffet, and not have to constantly fret over every bite...or just get the salad bar!!!
I definitely don't use at as an excuse to be like "LOL EAT WUTEVER" but as you said, it's definitely nice to not have to worry as much. You still make smart choices, but you don't have to stress. We went to a baseball game Sunday and were out of town the whole day. We had Applebees for lunch and I picked pretty good choices, but it was still higher on the calorie side, so I rocked some Defuse beforehand. I'm not gonna be like "Sorry, wife -- we can only go to GNC and have protein shakes for lunch" ;)

But yeah, come Christmas and Thanksgiving -- boom.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I definitely don't use at as an excuse to be like "LOL EAT WUTEVER" but as you said, it's definitely nice to not have to worry as much. You still make smart choices, but you don't have to stress. We went to a baseball game Sunday and were out of town the whole day. We had Applebees for lunch and I picked pretty good choices, but it was still higher on the calorie side, so I rocked some Defuse beforehand. I'm not gonna be like "Sorry, wife -- we can only go to GNC and have protein shakes for lunch" ;)

But yeah, come Christmas and Thanksgiving -- boom.
I agree. We rarely eat out...for those reasons.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
This morning we did legs!!! Again, I was focusing on my squat form. So, I used a lighter weight & did some sit & pause squats. I'm really working to keep spine neutrality while getting a deeper squat. So, yates84 suggested I utilize a low bench by squating, completely sitting down, & standing back up without leaning & really focusing on using my legs & glutes to push up & out off the bench. It did help & I am improving. It's just a matter of retraining myself on how I sit, honestly. I naturally lean forward while sitting down & standing up. So, I lean when squating & use my back to push the weight out of the squat vs using my legs & glutes. Now, I just need to retrain myself....especially with weight on me. It's a work in progress, and I have to accept it's going to take patience, practice, and persistence!!

Sit & pause squats
45x8
45x6
45x8
45x6
45x5

I feel like I could have gotten a lot more reps, but I was struggling with cramping in my right shoulder this morning. I tried changing up my arm & the bar's position, but my shoulder was just mad this morning.* When my shoulder would cramp, it would hinder my ability to keep the bar steady. So, I got as many as possible before my shoulder gave out on me.

Squats on Bosu ball w/8lb Db's
3 sets of 10

Curtsy lunges w/8lb Db's
4 sets of 20 (10 each leg)

Time at the gym was running low, because I had to go relieve my Dad who was with my son. So, I finished my workout at home.

Standing side leg raises with 5lb Db
4 sets of 12 (each leg)

Seated toe raises with my 30 lb toddler on my knees....for added weight!
4 sets of 15

Sumo squats with knee raise - holding 3lb Db's
3 sets of 10 raises each leg

Bulgarian split squats - holding 3lb Db's
4 sets (2 each leg) of 10 squats (each leg)

I really want to start getting more out of leg days at the gym. So, I'm going to start alternating my workouts. Every other leg day will be focusing on squats & form, until I get it down. Then I can use the alternating day to focus on other exercises & concentrating on other leg muscles!! This will be much easier when we change up our regimen soon, and start working each major muscle group twice a week.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happy belated birthday, Doll!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of birthdays... yates84 hooked me up with a 6 month paid gym membership!!! I was just an add on, on his membership, but since he saw I'm actually going to stick with it this time (because I found the lifting love) he decided to get me my own!!! Now, I can utilize the gym more (since I have my own access card)!! Yay!!!

PhotoGrid_1434548116945.jpg

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of birthdays... yates84 hooked me up with a 6 month paid gym membership!!! I was just an add on, on his membership, but since he saw I'm actually going to stick with it this time (because I found the lifting love) he decided to get me my own!!! Now, I can utilize the gym more (since I have my own access card)!! Yay!!!

View attachment 120403
Sooooo awesome! I need someone like that in my life! :D I'm happy that you have such a great support system.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was finally able to get the new batch of Java Lather done, in spite of a piece of equipment failure. So, let's get you started targeting those other issues we discussed.

Java Lather and Flawless IDRT cream on the way.

I also found 3 small tshirts in the warehouse, and since I can't wear them anymore, you all can rock them out. YatesWifey04 - I have a large going in yours as well for yates84

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Baller.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I was finally able to get the new batch of Java Lather done, in spite of a piece of equipment failure. So, let's get you started targeting those other issues we discussed.

I also found 3 small tshirts in the warehouse, and since I can't wear them anymore, you all can rock them out. YatesWifey04 - I have a large going in yours as well for yates84

Hells yeah!!! Can't wait to give these a try! As my legs get smaller, I'm comfortable wearing shorts more. However, those stretch marks do bother me. Thank you for the shirts!! We will rock them proudly!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Sooooo awesome! I need someone like that in my life! :D I'm happy that you have such a great support system.
We are both very lucky to have each other! Supporting one another is very important to us....and to any relationship!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I will definitely rock it, thanks dsade !

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
This log and all the help dsade has thrown your way inspired me to finally pull the trigger on some smolder for myself! I am also going to log mine (shameless plug if you'd like to follow) but awesome work so far!