love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That stinks! I'm sorry! Battle ropes is one of my favorite exercises in Tabata...squats, lunges, push-ups, Spider-Man push-ups, and ab work would easily make a nice cardio circuit at home as well. Bike, rowing, stairs and elliptical are good machines.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
YOU SURE THIS IS YOUR 1ST LOG?

in for the success!!!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Dinner tonight...grilled honey mustard chicken with homemade honey mustard, steamed broccoli, and lightly glazed carrots! Clearly, my eyeballs are bigger than stomach (appetite)....thanks Epitome!!! I only ate half of it...BUT that means a healthy & yummy lunch is in the fridge for tomorrow!!

PhotoGrid_1433205878178.jpg

After dinner we took the little one for a test ride in the new jogging stroller that came today. I guess it will be used for power walking now...instead of jogging/running. Blah!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Kettle bell workouts are good for conditioning with the pounding on your legs ad well

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else noticing improved sleep from the Ammo already too? dsade I'm not sure why I hadn't put that together until yesterday when you broke things down further in love2liftkat log. I'm well aware of how cortisol levels effect sleep...because mother to a toddler!! I've noticed the past 2 mornings it doesn't take me as long to wake-up & I'm much less groggy. I'm also noticing I'm tossing & turning a lot less too. I feel like the reduced cortisol levels are definitely helping with my circadian rhythm, and I feel like I'm getting more REM sleep...clearly I was needing. Which I'm hoping will also mean more productive mornings in the gym. I'm about to find out!!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else noticing improved sleep from the Ammo already too? dsade I'm not sure why I hadn't put that together until yesterday when you broke things down further in love2liftkat log. I'm well aware of how cortisol levels effect sleep...because mother to a toddler!! I've noticed the past 2 mornings it doesn't take me as long to wake-up & I'm much less groggy. I'm also noticing I'm tossing & turning a lot less too. I feel like the reduced cortisol levels are definitely helping with my circadian rhythm, and I feel like I'm getting more REM sleep...clearly I was needing. Which I'm hoping will also mean more productive mornings in the gym. I'm about to find out!!!
Yes it absolutely contributes to great sleep. I made a great correlary product to go with it for BPS, which will be making its journey over to EvoMuse soon called AdrenoSurge. The combo, with Sleephoria, makes for the best sleep of your life - guaranteed. Good sleep is fundamental to everything.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Yes it absolutely contributes to great sleep. I made a great correlary product to go with it for BPS, which will be making its journey over to EvoMuse soon called AdrenoSurge. The combo, with Sleephoria, makes for the best sleep of your life - guaranteed. Good sleep is fundamental to everything.
Best sleep of my life....that sounds wonderful!! I've always been a bit of an insomniac. It's getting better with exercise, better diet, & change in routine. I still tend to sleep much lighter though. I have ever since my son came home from the hospital. I can tell that the sounder sleep I've gotten the past couple nights is improving my energy & stamina during my workouts though.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
This morning was a lighter day on the weights, but again I noticed my body temp increased sooner & I broke a sweat during movements I typically don't on. Yay!!!

5 min dynamic stretching

Dumbell shoulder press - warm up
5x20x2

Barbell shoulder press
20x12x2
30x8
30x10
30x10
40x3

Db Lateral raise/Db front raise/rear delt fly (machine) tri-set
5x10/5x10/30x10
5x10/5x10/30x10
7.5x8/5x10/30x10

Then I hit the row machine HARD for 25 mins!!

As mentioned in the last post, I can definitely feel a difference in my energy & stamina levels. I almost felt like I was getting more energy the longer I was on the row machine. Maybe it was just the surge of endorphins from getting my heart rate up without the leg pain, bit I'm sure that's not all there is to it. I think I'm really going to like the row machine & the upright bike more than I thought. It's nice to not feel like I'm about to give out/plateau due to pain! Going to start working on putting together some circuits that include battle ropes, kettle bells, abs, row machine, upright bike, & elliptical. I was really bummed yesterday about these dang shin splints, but I'm of a better mindset today. I know I can work around them & still enjoy the workouts...that's what's important. At least I'm not completely side lined!!!

I hope everyone enjoys their day!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice work girl! Glad you're getting some good rest! I'm very fortunate to sleep like a rock almost all of the time!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Best sleep of my life....that sounds wonderful!! I've always been a bit of an insomniac. It's getting better with exercise, better diet, & change in routine. I still tend to sleep much lighter though. I have ever since my son came home from the hospital. I can tell that the sounder sleep I've gotten the past couplw nights is improving my energy & stamina during my workouts though.
i think you would like adrenosurge, i am a fan!!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Hello all!! I hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday!! Today was leg day!!!

5 min dynamic stretching

Warm-up
Back hyperextensions x8
Leg extensions 30x10
Back hyperextensions x8
Leg extensions 30x10

Squats
20x15
20x15
45x8

Sumo squats
45x8
50x5
50x5

Bilateral/Unilateral Leg Press (machine) Super set
60x10/20x8 each leg
60x10/20x8 each leg
60x10/20x8 each leg

Walking lunges w/6-7lb med ball
16x3

5 min static stretches

I felt like this morning's workout was light. So, I decided to throw some more in at home, this afternoon. I started with 50 no weight squats slow & steady...focusing on form. I did them in intervals of 10 with a very short pause in between. I'm struggling with my squat form. yates84 is helping me a lot with it, but I'll take any suggestions anyone has too help improve it. I'm still leaning forward too much. I saw the goblet squat can help improve form. Going to start giving those a try.

I also did some walking lunges (15x2) with 3lb db's...again focusing on my balance & form.

I finished with a*9 minute (no rests) pilates (for low impact) glute & thigh burnout....including kneeling kickbacks, hip raises, lying toe taps, crossover leg lifts, glute circles, and clam shells with a 3lb db on outer leg! Needless to say my arse & thighs were on fire!!!

I love leg day, and I really want to start getting more out of it. So, I'm trying & working hard to get my form correct. Hopefully, it will start to come more naturally with time.*

The number on the scale is dropping nicely. I typically only weigh in once a week, but got curious today. I'm down to 125.2, from 126 on Sunday. I'm also feeling much leaner & my clothes are already starting to fit better!! That muffin top is shrinking!!

I also finally got some measurements today...
29" underbust
30.5" waist
36.5" hips
21.25" upper left thigh (thickest trouble
area)
21.5" upper right thigh

I will continue to update measurements on Sunday's with weigh in & pics!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
try practicing form on a squat machine, not having to balance the weight will help you get form right-also use a mirror to watch form.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Happy Thursday!! Today I did arms + a little cardio!!

Warm-up
5 min elliptical (with hoodie on)
Db curls 7.5x15x2

Close grip Db press/EZ curl bar Superset
7.5x12/20x10
10x10/20x10
10x10/20x10

Overhead tricep extensions/Hammer curl Superset
5x10/10x10
5x12/10x12
5x10/10x10

Machine dip/Camber curl Superset
40x12/20x12
60x10/30x10
60x10/30x10

Then I threw my hoodie back on & hit the upright bike for 15 mins. Siatica (right side) tried acting up, but I pushed through. That's something else I will be bringing up with the sports med doc tomorrow.

I was really able to pick up the intensity today. My energy & stamina were nice & high. Rest periods between supersets were only about a minute, and no rest periods between sets within the supersets. My arms really felt it today, and I was able to maintain a higher, but steadier, heart rate!! Sweated my butt off!!

Thanks to advice from fellow AM members I have changed my diet up a bit. I've actually increased my calories (bumped them from 1480 to 1620). I needed to tweak my macros. Mainly, I wasn't getting enough protein. I'm confident that will help with the 3pm lull I have been feeling. I'm still in that learning curve of what is needed for resistance training vs straight cardio/circuit training.

With the appetite suppression from the Epitome I'm still finding I have less of a desire to snack...which is awesome for me!!! I used to have a hard time keeping my hand out of the cheddar bunnies or pretzel bites, when my toddler was having them. Now, I'm getting just what I need from my meals, and not cutting those calories close from snack grabbing!! If I do feel the need to snack I'm reaching for more sustainable snacks/fuels (Quest bars, greek yogurt, almonds). I definitely don't "munch/graze" all day anymore!! I'm also finding I don't overeat. I eat much slower & actually realize when I am truly full. This has really helped with portion control...especially when having foods I love!

Looking forward to trying some new, low impact exercises tomorrow for cardio & ab day!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheddar bunnies? Ok, I'm gonna need to see a picture of those.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cheddar bunnies? Ok, I'm gonna need to see a picture of those.
I dont know what they are, but they sound scrumptious ...lol :bigok:

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great work girl! I've got a ebook to help with the squats. I'll email it to you!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Great work girl! I've got a ebook to help with the squats. I'll email it to you!
Thank you!! Looking at your workouts I feel like a weakling...and that I need to step my volume up. You get it in girl!!

I'd definitely appreciate the ebook!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
eBooks aren't very heavy. Have you tried using weights?
Hahahaha good one!

Thank you!! Looking at your workouts I feel like a weakling...and that I need to step my volume up. You get it in girl!!

I'd definitely appreciate the ebook!!
No please don't! I've been lifting longer than you! You will continue to get stronger! You are doing great!!! Book is on the way!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
No please don't! I've been lifting longer than you! You will continue to get stronger! You are doing great!!! Book is on the way!
yates84 keeps a close eye on me....making sure I don't push too hard & hurt myself. Reading your logs definitely motives me though!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
No cheese covered bunnies today! All the bunines are safe!!
PhotoGrid_1433427506660.jpg

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Attachment didn't work. Easier to use a hosting service like photobucket or imgur

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm....google shows something that looks like goldfish crackers. Tell me that's not your weakness?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm....google shows something that looks like goldfish crackers. Tell me that's not your weakness?
That's them, very addictive

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
They are like Goldfish.

Those and honey mustard & onion pretzel bites. I have a thing for cheese flavored anything...goldfish, cheese nips, white cheddar popcorn.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Some of these "heat waves" are intense. I'm sitting here in a hoodie & leggings, it is not warm in my house, and I'm about to burn up & am sweating!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's sweet delicious fat turning into carbon dioxide at an accelerated rate. Enjoy it!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Ugh. Dealing with a residual headache from a nasty migraine I had yesterday afternoon/last night. Drinking my pwo & trying to get motivated. If anyone has any motivation to spare send it my way....need to get cardio & abs done. Trying a new low impact HIIT workout at home. I can already tell a difference in my shins from cutting out high impact exercises this week. So, I'm sure the Sports Med Dr is going to have me stay on a low impact regimen. We shall see this afternoon though. Now, to get my arse up & moving.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ugh. Dealing with a residual headache from a nasty migraine I had yesterday afternoon/last night. Drinking my pwo & trying to get motivated. If anyone has any motivation to spare send it my way....need to get cardio & abs done. Trying a new low impact HIIT workout at home. I can already tell a difference in my shins from cutting out high impact exercises this week. So, I'm sure the Sports Med Dr is going to have me stay on a low impact regimen. We shall see this afternoon though. Now, to get my arse up & moving.
Your shirt says it all!!!
Hope your head feels better

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can do HIIT on a bike or elliptical with good results. What kind of low intensity program are you doing?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1433508586.290940.jpg

It will help your headache too!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 119916

It will help your headache too!
In an April 1st, 2015 released peer-ignored study performed by Joe Ker, MD and May Dupp B.S. on the effect of concentrated colored fonts placed within contrasted white fonts with and without colored backgrounds.

They found that red words surrounded by white words on a black background was able to induce or worsen headache by 504% (p<.05), resulting in incapacity to perform demanding exercise.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol

Don't read it then and just get to work. Haha

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Thank you BigRed1974 and love2liftkat!
dsade I'm doing a low impact cardio routine I found on Fitness Blender. It includes torso twists + kicks, push ups + step ups, no jump burpees, x squats, low impact skaters, bicycle crunches. 50 secs on 10 sec rest intervals. We'll see how effective it is. I just know it's been nice not having pissed off legs for a few days. I don't have an elliptical or stationary bike at home. So...low impact cardio with weights it is.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In an April 1st, 2015 released peer-ignored study performed by Joe Ker, MD and May Dupp B.S. on the effect of concentrated colored fonts placed within contrasted white fonts with and without colored backgrounds.

They found that red words surrounded by white words on a black background was able to induce or worsen headache by 504% (p<.05), resulting in incapacity to perform demanding exercise.
On April 1st huh...? Seems rather suspect to me lol :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On April 1st huh...? Seems rather suspect to me lol :)
You know, a healthy skepticism is good but unless you're trying to argue the data then "Lalalalalalala I can't hear you".

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know, a healthy skepticism is good but unless you're trying to argue the data then "Lalalalalalala I can't hear you".
LOL... too funny bro.

Generally I only argue on subjects that i have a bare minimum of knowledge on, dont want to look like a total
fool challenging something I know nothing about...lol :bigok:

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Ok...I finally motivated! I actually went with a different workout, than originally planned, with a little bit more intensity...

Warm-Up...30 seconds each
-Shoulder rolls
-Arm cross swing
-Hip circles
-Torso twist

Cardio + Toning....
10 intervals
50 seconds each
2 rounds
-Plank touchdowns
-Double dip squat + vertical raise
************* w/3lb db's
-Reverse lunge + curl & press
************* w/3lb db's
-Walk down push-up + back bow
-Bent over reach + fly w/3lb db's
-Squat + twist w/3lb db's
-Crisscross knee pulls w/3lb Db's
-Walk down push-up
-Squat + reach
-High kick toe touch

2 min cool down static stretching

Rested for a few (3-4 mins) then hit abs...
20 crunches
20 alternating heel touches
20 Bicycle crunches
20 reverse crunches
30 second plank

Immediately followed by laying on the floor for a few minutes! I clearly underestimated the low impact intervals. I thought it would be a good idea to put on sweat pants & a long sleeve shirt.. to ensure sweating & calorie burn. Well....

PhotoGrid_1433514926754.jpg

I definitely was sweating!!

I'm definitely feeling leaner...especially after putting on those sweat pants this morning. I had to tighten the drawstrings on them. Another area (sorry if this is TMI) I'm noticing is shrinking is my breasts. I had a lot of fat stores there post baby....and they seem to be leaving me as well. Which I'm not complaining about...maybe they'll perk back up while they're at it!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great workout! Very beautiful!