"Dragon" Machida vs "Sugar" Evans @ AM - the UFC 98 thread

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I've done that too. You can download it now in better quality with torrent. You have to wait for some jerk to put it up first though... sometimes means you wait till morning to watch. Better than paying 45-55 bucks

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Let's all invade bigwhiteguy's home in SLO and watch the event there via ppv, hahahaha.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha i will be watching it not at my house i only have a small tube tv. i watch it online!!!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
any thoughts here on Serra v. Hughes? It is not relevant at all anymore, but I love some bad blood fighting. I say Hughes via GnP rd 2. I think Serra might be the only one he can beat at this point :)

Manuel SW

Awards
any thoughts here on Serra v. Hughes? It is not relevant at all anymore, but I love some bad blood fighting. I say Hughes via GnP rd 2. I think Serra might be the only one he can beat at this point :)
+1.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i dislike serra. i think serra is the only legit 170 hughes can stop. i think anthony johnson gsp alvez maybe even mattbrown and others would rock hughes now. serra is good but i have to take hughes. i hope he retires soon and trains young guns

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Maybe we shall all invade Chucky's home, haha! Would you participate, bigwhiteguy?

Menacer

Menacer

Awards
I don't see Machida winning this fight. Greg Jackson will have a great gameplan ready for Evans that forces Machida to take the fight to him. The Dragon can't win the belt by running and I hope the crowd is ready to boo his ass when he tries. Machida almost got submitted by Tito and I think Rashad will be ready to expose his weaknesses.

polo

polo

Awards
I'm still digesting that incredibly boring "main event" Silva...uhm...dance.

I vote Machida to win, and cheer for him for the "Arts" factor as well. Should be an exciting match.
dude i know silvas main event was the worst ever since i can remember
and it was a disgrace cause that win beat gracie's record, they shoulda gave him someone tougher and no scared to stand up.

and im for machida

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
rashads camp does have great game plans but i dont think theres a way rashad will submit him.

i also think there is a great chance of boo's in the main event.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going with Rashad exclusively because I have doubted him in almost all of his major bouts; he has obviously won those, hah!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While I think Machida wins a UD, I would not be surprised to see Rashad take it. That being said, the winner of this and Rampage are the next TUF coaches, just an fyi

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
really rampage gets to do it again? he made a lot of people like it i dont blame dana for letting him. I am not going to lie I didnt really like him that much before cuz he took the belt from my old fav chuck but after that show i stopped liking forrest and liked page more. dont get me wrong forrest is still cool.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
I think its gonna be a hell of fight to watch.
I'll have to sneak down to the local saloon by our lake cabin, we dont have tv there.
Its 50-50 for me, I like both fighters.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Machida relies a lot on being chased down and using his opponents footwork to threaten/take them down.

Rashards footwork is very good, far better than most of the dragons previous sacrifices and his wrestling is also damn good.

Im going with Sugar (hate him though lol) but the dragon is an enigma at the best of times and my jaw wouldnt be dropped if he won via tko.

Watch Rashard Vs Salmon again, he was losing that fight unless Sean gassed and decided it was a good idea to put his hands in his pockets, he had checked the same head kick around 5 times prior to that when he could actually keep his hands up.

Its going to be a good un.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i dont think salmon is a very hard opponent. but i guess rashad was young

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a quick announcement Cro Cop is back at UFC 99 against al-Turk.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Al turk isnt that good or maybe kongo is jsut real good hahah but anyways do you guys think cro cop can hang without the roids?

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WTF i thought al turk was out for a while.

Crocop looks awesome in his new training vids, but i dunno man, he lost the fire in his eyes much like wandy.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope it is the CC of old, but he is much older now, which makes me doubt it

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL just nearly spat my coke out.

Looked on Wiki for the addition and got this:

Heavyweight bout: Tony Blair vs. Mirko Filipović

I was like wow, same name as UK's ex primeminster, clicked the name and it took me to a picture of that same guy looking old as fk.

Those wiki bastards haha.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick announcement Cro Cop is back at UFC 99 against al-Turk.
Awesome. Now they can bump the Marcus Davis Vs. Dan Hardy fight to undercard and move that one up!!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
fire in there eyes or test E and C in there blood?

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol whiteguy you said it man.

So obvious it isnt even funny anymore.

That said, Brock is/was on a copius amount of juice/HGH and every champion is tested? So why is he finding the transition so easy?

Ring/cage enigma?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Dude now Cheick is fighting Cain in 99. I'd much rather see him fight than Heath. They do better with the replacements than they do the original fight picks.

But seriously they would get more views with Crocop's fight than Marcus Davis.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
davis and hardy are fun but yeah crocop will be fun too. i am scared of kongo and i want cain to win. I have met him before in my buddies from college home in san jose. i really do think kongo will win but he has big holes in his game. i think with cains boxing he could win.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
lesner works out really hard and retains muscle better. hes defiantly tested. he prolly stopped using for awhile before he even quit wrestling.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in terms of Kongo/Cain I think Cain needs to take it to the ground and control it there to win. If it stays up for too long, I think Cain gets KTFO.

I am happy to see CC back and am hopeful for a glimpse of old CC.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
The UFC got a little too selfconfident here in Germany. They'll stage their event in our biggest indoor venue, with a capacity comparabale to the Staples Center. And despite Crocop, not even half the tickets have been sold.

Bigwhiteguy, you remember Chuck's calves? Check out the ones of the guy to the right of Vitor - have you ever seen such gorgeous guns? Chuck's pale in comparsion, hahaha:

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Is this gonna be a barn burner or a snoozefest. My fear is a counterpunchers snoozefest so I am gonna watch it at the local sportsbar and save the PPV charges!

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
No access to a sportsbar here. I too fear it'll be underwhelming and go to the judge's scorecard. Serra vs Hughes will be a blast, though.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The UFC got a little too selfconfident here in Germany. They'll stage their event in our biggest indoor venue, with a capacity comparabale to the Staples Center. And despite Crocop, not even half the tickets have been sold.

Bigwhiteguy, you remember Chuck's calves? Check out the ones of the guy to the right of Vitor - have you ever seen such gorgeous guns? Chuck's pale in comparsion, hahaha:

Ya I think it would do a lot better if they had the Lesnar VS Mir and GSP VS Alves PLUS TUF coaches on 1 card. Granted I am sure they wanted the 3 digit UFC to be in Las Vegas but it is already sold out.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
UFC 100 was a Vegas must of course. But my point was that Germany will be very tough to enter and then make a good buck here.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
And what a win it was. The UFC can now really claim to have the most respectable (read: talent deep) LHW division, second to none.

I remember Hackleman saying Lyoto would cause Chucky lots of trouble, and am glad this won't happen.

Lyoto vs Shogun would now be my dream-match.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dismantled is really the only term you can use for that victory. I thought the Jackson camp would have a better strategy coming in, but Machida is a such a quick-thinking fighter that even the best strategy may not work!

What do you guys feel about such high belt turnover, though? Good or bad for the sport? People love to identify with a longstanding champion [see: Chuck], and a constant revolution of the belt is not conducive to "star-building". We may very well see a longstanding champion with Machida, though!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think at this point Machida holds it for a while. Rampage, Shogun ir right now anyone else at 205 I don't believe have the tools.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think at this point Machida holds it for a while. Rampage, Shogun ir right now anyone else at 205 I don't believe have the tools.
I agree. If this was Shogun '05-'07, I think it would be a different story: his relentlessly pressing style could finally force Machida to make a mistake. As of now, though, I doubt Shogun could really force Machida into a misstep.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Just re-watched the fight. It was really close and while Sugar got KTFO'd, he didn't really get beaten up. He was giving it right back. I think someone will get Machida's # pretty soon and dispatch of him. His style is wide open and his height was his main advantage here. The more video there is of him, the more likely he is to get taken out. Prince Naseem, anyone?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. If this was Shogun '05-'07, I think it would be a different story: his relentlessly pressing style could finally force Machida to make a mistake. As of now, though, I doubt Shogun could really force Machida into a misstep.
exactly, and I think Shogun is too prone with getting hit too often, and I think Machida is deceptively powerful and would ko him early

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk I think Machida really proved he has KO power because they barely exchanged much and Evans was out. Plus he was on him like white on rice lol. As soon as Evans showed signs he was stuck Machida went after him ready to KO him without any hesitation.
I like Rampage but Idk if he will be patient enough.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Just re-watched the fight. It was really close and while Sugar got KTFO'd, he didn't really get beaten up. He was giving it right back. I think someone will get Machida's # pretty soon and dispatch of him. His style is wide open and his height was his main advantage here. The more video there is of him, the more likely he is to get taken out. Prince Naseem, anyone?
I was totally trying to start **** with this post but the bait was avoided. Well played, gentlemen. Well played.

Mick81

Mick81

Awards
Thank christ for that.... Heard too much from Rashad lately, hopefully he learns humility from this defeat.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was totally trying to start **** with this post but the bait was avoided. Well played, gentlemen. Well played.
Lol I was tempted to be like "WTF man r u insane!? Did u even watch the same fight?"
But I didnt think it was needed.
Evans seriously only touched Machida like 5 times. 3 of which were after he had just got tagged himself.
It was a good try though lol.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Evans absolutly destroyed, its not a slight on him, hes a decent tier B fighter, but should never have taken the felt from griffin who was up until he got caught winning the first 2 rounds and probably the 3rd by a fair margin.

Again Griffin was using is long legs and range in that fighter, he was catching Rashad at will with maybe 10% of the timing Machida has.

I just didnt expect Rashad to take the same approach, he basically fought the same game as he did against chuck and griffin.

You counter cant hit whats not there though as Evans found out.

Funnily there was no crotch grabbing, dancing or antics when Machida was landing was there?

My room erupted when he got KO'd, not since chuck decimated tito have i been so happy to see the belt pass hands.

He seemed humbled and hopefully he remains that way.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I think he was so humble because he was still a lil F'ed up which Im 90% sure he even admitted to Joe during the post fight interview.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Have dl'd UFC 98, it was an all together great event. Machida is so impressive, I wonder if White will make Spider Silva vs Dragon Machida a reality. Both said "no" already, but does friendship count when Dana wants his way?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 35
Noteboom Cycle Logs 7
TheBigBrodie Anabolics 2
AntM1564 Anabolics 13
Noteboom Anabolics 30