Best pre-Workout supplement

jeanlolonnais

jeanlolonnais

Awards
Last night I tried the latest version of VPX NO Shotgun. I have the older version and it is OK but nothing special. But new version is fantastic. Energy enhancement was mild, which I like. I don't want to much stimulation since I workout at night and still need to get a good nights sleep. If I want more stim I can add Swagger. But the "pump" was fantastic. The best pump I've had in years. It was noticable from the very first set and only got better. Near the end it was almost painful. This will be my new favorite perworkout supplement. I tried the grape bubble gum flavor. It was ok but it think I'll try one of the others.

Yes I agree. I know VPX gets bashed alot around these boards but NO Shotgun always gives me intensity, pump and focus.

I do believe that after reading this thread my next purchase has got to be Mesomorph. I like stims so I hope it has the effect I am looking for.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
From what I hear Mesomorph tastes like crap the same with Clout. I just won't take a product that taste bad there are too many good tasting products that work well.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I hear Mesomorph tastes like crap the same with Clout. I just won't take a product that taste bad there are too many good tasting products that work well.
Well I havn't tried Fruit punch so I can't say anything about it, but I'm using Grape and it's the best tasting pre-workout supplement I've used.....and I've used a lot of them.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you talking about the old version or new? from what i have read everyone seems to love mesomorph. i haven't tried it yet but i put in an app for the aps promo-i would love to try it. nitrates seems to be the new/best thing-i love the nitrates in powershock and i hope the creatine nitrates in mesomorph work just as well.

more knowledge

Awards
  • Established
What you read was the original one wich i bought from bb.com when they carried it and bro you are right that stuff tasted like ass.haha.But the current mesomorph is one of the best tasting powders out there.All the current threads i read about it all love the taste (several on mff and phf etc)for over a year now the taste has been amazing.Thats funny you just brought back a funny memory of when me and my training partner took that first sip of that original mesomrph and the look we gave each other.lol.but if you havent tried it yourself then you dont know how good it is.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You take preworkouts to help you focus and ultimately experience better gains for your efforts. I could care less what anything tastes like, as long as it works. I tried some samples of two new flavors APS is tinkering with, and both are very good. The current grape and fruit punch aren't bad at all. It's not supposed to taste like a coffee coolatta.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
what about mesomorph with 200-300mg caffiene added to it? I tend to need stims.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about mesomorph with 200-300mg caffiene added to it? I tend to need stims.
Mesomorph has roughly 200mg of caffiene per scoop. 1 scoop is enough lol
I've done 1.5 scoops, but damn thats pushin my stim tolerance lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What you read was the original one wich i bought from bb.com when they carried it and bro you are right that stuff tasted like ass.haha.But the current mesomorph is one of the best tasting powders out there.All the current threads i read about it all love the taste (several on mff and phf etc)for over a year now the taste has been amazing.Thats funny you just brought back a funny memory of when me and my training partner took that first sip of that original mesomrph and the look we gave each other.lol.but if you havent tried it yourself then you dont know how good it is.
i agree, all of the recent reviews of mesomorph i read have good things to say about the taste.

btw-i think the worst tasting pre workout i have tried is hemo rage black-it is also the only one to raise bp high enough to cause a horrible headache. i gave that sheit away-only time i have EVER done that, lol.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I must have missed it in the ingredients. I will definitely try it after I finish Maximize V2.
I just bought that from NP.

Tjf331

Awards
Gonna try N2KTS soon. Release forumuka of jack3d was amazing. Like when it's pumps and beta effects were a secret. I forget what they changed. Anyone know??

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Gonna try N2KTS soon. Release forumuka of jack3d was amazing. Like when it's pumps and beta effects were a secret. I forget what they changed. Anyone know??
What is N2KTS, and who makes it? I have been out on the ocean the last month

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is N2KTS, and who makes it? I have been out on the ocean the last month
It's a new pre-workout by NTBM (a newer company). You'd have to go to their website to see it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, bro. and you?
77-85. eisenhower-out of norfolk. new orleans-out of san diego. went on med cruise/nato cruise and 2 west pac's.

:cheers::usa:

redbirdfan1

redbirdfan1

Awards
  • Established
I'd say

Superpump Max

or

Ultima

those are the 2 best. SP has just enough caffeine and Ultima has zero stims but a great can't be beat profile.

I don't need nor want to be cracked out and besides a small bit of creatine, most of the pre's on the market offer nothing else than being an over-priced energy drink w/trace amounts other stuff.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
sorry for double post but in fairness i pulled the 3653 mgs per serving off the need to build muscle site but on the mr supps it says around 5600mgs.so i dont know wich is correct but it might have the higher amount wich would make it pretty much an exact copy of original jacked,that would at least make some kind of sense as 3600 does not.still impossibly low on actives.but much better in comparison to at least jacked
The N2KTS is 5630mg according to the label. I have one in my hand. I just got the grape. It tastes awesome. I would honestly drink this for pleasure. LOL. Only used it once so far but it was as good as I remember it. Honestly I tend to use 1.5 to 2 scoops as my serving. 1 doesn't do enough for me. The other one I've used that I liked a lot was 1MR. I've also used EST's Methyl Mass but I wasn't terribly impressed with it.

Going to have to look into this Mesomorph. Sounds interesting. :D

edmontonl

edmontonl

Awards
I have tried too many... Shotgun was great, until the 4th time taking it and I was already immune to it! I love that tingling feeling it gave me!

Next on my list is the N2KTS. Hoping that one lives up and can be a new staple in my supplement stack.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Expand extreme pump was good. Great pumps. I like the stims for intensity. I liked NAPALM the one time I tried it too. Anyone tried Muscle Marinade?? What about adding glycerol to your pre workout??

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
add hemodraulix to any of the top pre workouts-BAM!!!!

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I have done that, and its BOMB SON!!! I might have to do it again. BAM!!!!

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As far as "kick" goes, 1MR and Jack3d are the best I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot of the more popular ones (SuperPump250, Shotgun, White Flood, ect..)

I like RPM as well. Recently I got a bottle of RPM and added beta alanine to the mix and it's been working well but I think next time I'm going to go with Jack3d.

Overall, I'd say Jack3d just because for the price it's hard to beat. 1MR is more potent than jacked, but it's not hard to make something more potent if you just add more "kick" ingredients. I'd imagine that 1MR is pretty close to being as potent as you'd want something to be without risking tachycardia or some other heart problems.

I don't think some stim use pre-workout is a bad idea, but loads of stims may end up being more counterproductive than anything. If you do use Jack3d or 1MR, or something similar, I recommend only using them on workout days only.

The crappy thing is that you'll want to use them on non-workout days just for a boost in energy. I guess that's where willpower comes in. lol ;)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The truth is Mesomorph and N2KTS are the best pre-workout supplements out right now. The End:D

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I am going to try those two. What about enough stims, and more pump related ingredients, and BCAA's?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to try those two. What about enough stims, and more pump related ingredients, and BCAA's?
I don't believe there is a better Pre-workout that gives pumps like Mesomorph, the Creatine Nitrate in meso gives you killer pumps. No BCAA's in Meso, just pre-workout based ingredients, but I throw a couple scoops of ModernBCAA's or Purple Wraath in before my workout:)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id say Superpump Max or ASGT
Superpump Max gives me the best pumps, just enough stim since i hate being all amped up at the gym now. I use to use Jack3d, Pre-surge Unleashed, and Maximize V2, switched to ASGT and started making huge progress in the gym since i wasnt being fatigued by being all stimmed up.
Also ASGT and Superpump Max contain aminos, Max has 4g BCAA in a 2:1 ratio even

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe there is a better Pre-workout that gives pumps like Mesomorph, the Creatine Nitrate in meso gives you killer pumps. No BCAA's in Meso, just pre-workout based ingredients, but I throw a couple scoops of ModernBCAA's or Purple Wraath in before my workout:)
Looking forward to trying Mesomorph for that reason. I just sip on some BCAAs intra workout.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was this aType O??
Hahaha yeah it totally was. Let me go ahead and fix that...

Also, for the record, it's Type O as in blood type. First time I gave blood I got a card back from the red cross that said Type O Hero.

I used the same tag on Xbox Live and everyone reads it like I'm talking about typographical errors, which would be "typo." lol

So yeah, people think I'm talking about typos yet had I wanted it to be "typo," spelling it Type O would in fact be a typo. ;)

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaha yeah it totally was. Let me go ahead and fix that...

Also, for the record, it's Type O as in blood type. First time I gave blood I got a card back from the red cross that said Type O Hero.

I used the same tag on Xbox Live and everyone reads it like I'm talking about typographical errors, which would be "typo." lol

So yeah, people think I'm talking about typos yet had I wanted it to be "typo," spelling it Type O would in fact be a typo. ;)
O+ or O- Type O Positive Hero or Type O Negative Hero.:lol:

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Id say Superpump Max or ASGT
Superpump Max gives me the best pumps, just enough stim since i hate being all amped up at the gym now. I use to use Jack3d, Pre-surge Unleashed, and Maximize V2, switched to ASGT and started making huge progress in the gym since i wasnt being fatigued by being all stimmed up.
Also ASGT and Superpump Max contain aminos, Max has 4g BCAA in a 2:1 ratio even

This lets me know Rich Gaspari was up to something good again. The ever evolving world of supplements.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True JP8 is hardcore, that stuff is strong for me, I couldn't go over 1.5 scoops and man did JP8 ever give me a runny nose it was weird lol

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
True JP8 is hardcore, that stuff is strong for me, I couldn't go over 1.5 scoops and man did JP8 ever give me a runny nose it was weird lol
As long as it wasn't blood your fine. :D That is weird though?

smith22

Awards
i really want to try mesomorph iv heard great things about it havent tried n2kts but i liked the orginal jacked jack3d does nothing for me anymore takes about 4-5 scoops to get the energy rush i used to lol im a stim junkie but i recently ordered some muscle marinade by purus labs iv heard its amazing and goes up there with mesomorph and stuff ill give some feed back as soon as i try it.. :) and word on it?? also my favorite so far is called muscle spike by muscle fortress its kinda like jack3d but a big boy version its definatly stronger than jack3d though im excited to try muscle maranaid though after i finish it i will def be buying mesomorph

SlickRick00

SlickRick00

Awards
APS mesomorph for sure... I also take the creatine nitrate... the creatine nitrate is the best pump agent i have ever taken.... no xplode shoudl be taken off the shelves

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
APS mesomorph for sure... I also take the creatine nitrate... the creatine nitrate is the best pump agent i have ever taken.... no xplode shoudl be taken off the shelves
Nitrates are the new frontier of NO or sure. I want to try the creatine nitrate myself.

I'm interested in Mesomorph as well. I was just recently made aware of APS and I likes what i seez.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have tried just three pre-workout supplements... Jack3d, No-Xplode and Black Powder.

Black didn't do me much except it made me feel sick. Tried 0,5-3 scoops. Probably I'd had same results if I took just caffein and creatine.

No-Xplode made me focused and gave me energy. Pumps were awesome too. But it made me feel sick too, even when I took just 1 scoop. Many times I had to puke during the workout because of this product.. I'm just so sensitive to pre-workout powders...

Jack3d... That's my favourite. It's the only one of these three that doesn't make me feel sick. Focus and energy are awesome. Pumps are not as good as with No-Xplode but everything else is better. Small dosage is good too, it's nice that I need just one 5,5gr scoop instead of those large scoops of No-Xplode.

UNCLE COOL

UNCLE COOL

Awards
I myself like N2KTS & if your looking for it, its not at NEED TO BUILD MUSCLE .com yet. Right now if you want it you have to go to MR. SUPPS .com I know it does everything a pre-workout should. Now if anyone fells bad for me because I dont have a job, & cant afford it can sent me a tub of APS MESOMORPH & I will compare.... or any PRE- workout, I will tell the truth like as if I was paying for it....

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I am accepting donations too. I only got sick from Nano Vapor. I hate that stuff. I give away free samples of it

pero

Awards
IMO (my) ideal pre-workout combo would look like this:

10g EAA
10g BCAA (in malate or nitrate form)
5g leucine
4g HMB
30g maltodextrin
5g creatin AKG
5g beta alanin
6g citrullin malate
5g GPLC
3g of some nicely soluble arginine form/salt
3g agmatin sulfate
300mg norvaline
2g taurine
3g tyrosine
150mg caffeine
150mg 4 HI
100mg beta ecdysterone

currently I'm having 10g EAA+10g BCAA +30g maltodextrin + about 20g of mixed ingredients (some of the above+additional, but with lesser quantities) that support no production and cell volumization and i'm very satisfied.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nitrates are the new frontier of NO or sure. I want to try the creatine nitrate myself.

I'm interested in Mesomorph as well. I was just recently made aware of APS and I likes what i seez.
imagine mesomorph[creatine nitrate] pre, and vpx powershock [bcaa nitrate] intra.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just stared making my own PWO. I'm sick of prob blends and always found myself adding more supps to the incomplete PWO supps.

This is my current home made PWO
3G beta-alanine
50 mg 1,3 dimethy
6g AAKG
3G CEE
10g BCAA
6g EAA
Bought in bulk from NP... Taste like complete sh!t but it's cheap and effective!
Gonna add some citrulline malate next time around. (props to bigt)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just stared making my own PWO. I'm sick of prob blends and always found myself adding more supps to the incomplete PWO supps.

This is my current home made PWO
3G beta-alanine
50 mg 1,3 dimethy
6g AAKG
3G CEE
10g BCAA
6g EAA
Bought in bulk from NP... Taste like complete sh!t but it's cheap and effective!
Gonna add some citrulline malate next time around. (props to bigt)
add some caffeine[makes the 1,3 much better]. get the cit mal, and replace the cee with creapure-not only is it more effective-but cee tastes like crap. but that looks like it will get the job done.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Jack3d and getting good results. Love that stuff and just ordered more.

I also ordered some Anadraulic State GT because of all the hype it has received around here. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been using Jack3d and getting good results. Love that stuff and just ordered more.

I also ordered some Anadraulic State GT because of all the hype it has received around here. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
try a scoop of both together.